Bangladesh [330/6] beat South Africa [309/8] by 21 runs in the group stage of the 2019 World Cup

IIRC BD were 245 after 40 overs, so they have scored 85 in last 10. impressive

Good Score by BD.

Faf Du Plesis will be banned soon. Innings should have finished 15 minutes ago

wow...330....what a effort by bangla...SAF are not so hot against spin...BD can applythe spin squeeze...
will be interesting.....

Atlast we might see a decent match in this WC today where every match has been one sided till now.

And you were questioning Mahmadullah, the finisher? :jk:

Yeah as opposed to you predicting him to play this well when he was 6(12). Don't run mouth. :jk

Have to say, the communication skills of Bangladeshi cricketers are much better than Pakistani counter parts.

Atlast we might see a decent match in this WC today where every match has been one sided till now.

I wouldn't put my money on it. For all we know serial chokers might be all out for 150.

Brilliant performance. Pakistanis may not like or agree to it , but I think that perhaps we are now 2nd best ODI team in Asia at present

Coming to match point, our bowlers need to bowl extremely good to win this. This is actually a 350 plus pitch. Our batsmen have done extremely well to get 330 because we don't have power hitters in our line up. Looking at the quality of our pacers I am afraid that this score is good but may not be enough.

That dropped catch by Rabada was the turning point at the backend of innings. Had it been taken BD might have been restricted to 310.

I am in favor of one sided match bro. Hope tomorrow's Pak vs Eng game will be a decent one. Let this match go!

Brilliant performance. Pakistanis may not like or agree to it , but I think that perhaps we are now 2nd best ODI team in Asia at present

Coming to match point, our bowlers need to bowl extremely good to win this. This is actually a 350 plus pitch. Our batsmen have done extremely well to get 330 because we don't have power hitters in our line up. Looking at the quality of our pacers I am afraid that this score is good but may not be enough.

Second best side because this is the first time you have scored 330 in an ODI WC?

Please let your performance do the talking and not your mouth. We might be coming off a losing streak but our trophy cabinet is not completely bare and empty unlike certain sides.

True BD just need to start well and SA will be under a lot of pressure. QDQ is the key wicket to start the things.

QDK and FAF are their heart of batting. They have the ability to win it for SA. If somehow we can get them out quickly they will be under pressure. But this is still a batting paradise

Bangladesh should have got 350+ given how set Shakib and Mushfiq were. Both should have got centuries. Don't know what useless players like Mithun are doing in the team and that too coming ahead of Mahmudullah. Ridiculous.

This match will be a boom ogr bust for SA. Either Amla/QDK/Faf will win it easily, or SA will pack under 150. SA batsmen are more talent than Bangladesh but they severely lack consistency.

Yeah as opposed to you predicting him to play this well when he was 6(12). Don't run mouth. :jk

The only difference is that I know he is a good player…..

Second best side because this is the first time you have scored 330 in an ODI WC?

Please let your performance do the talking and not your mouth. We might be coming off a losing streak but our trophy cabinet is not completely bare and empty unlike certain sides.

Like I said you may not like it

20 runs short from what they should’ve got but Excellent innings MashAllah. The reason why I say 20 runs short, is because after 30 BD were 190 and general you double that, if you times 190x2=380. With 8wickets in hand, two set batsmen 350 would’ve been nicer if not more..

Brilliant finish by Mahmudullah and Mossadekk. I don’t understand what’s mithuns role here. Bring in a pacer, Rubel or Sabbir/Liton another batsmen who can hit big.

Bro this is BD game thread. Why do we always keep bringing Pak into the mix? Its irrelevant whether we are second or third best. It doesn’t really mean much.

Bangladesh need to bowl well, or QdK will tear them apart on this wicket. Get him, and that should be the game.

It’s a good wicket. We shall see 2nd innings, if the pitch does something for spinners. If it grips then Fizz will be in business!

Liton should be playing on these pitches. He looked in really good touch and is a natural strokemaker. Slot him in at number 3 followed by Mushfiqur, Shakib and Riyad and that is a pretty destructive batting line-up.

The only difference is that I know he is a good player…..

Yeah you had also predicted he will have his catch dropped when his innings was going no where and only after that he got the impetus to up the scoring rate and finish the innings.

Wow what a talent, you must apply to be an analyst for the Pak side. We would never lose a match with you around.

South Africa will chase this within 40 overs, we are 30 runs short here. If Rabada gets thrashed by Mosaddek like that, imagine what Kock and friends will do to our super best friends

It’s a good wicket. We shall see 2nd innings, if the pitch does something for spinners. If it grips then Fizz will be in business!

I told you - Shakib's intent was perfect, not execution. It's a team game and there are 5-6 batsmen left - had they failed to post 300+, it won't have been for Shakib's fault.

Powerful batting performance by BD, after seeing other Asian Teams flattened with short balls they handled Rabada and Co quite well today

Bro this is BD game thread. Why do we always keep bringing Pak into the mix? Its irrelevant whether we are second or third best. It doesn’t really mean much.

You are right. Just having an adrenaline rush :faf

To the BD fans here. Trust me from experience and am sure you know too. You can’t please everyone in life and there are some haters will hate you no matter what. So ignore those trolls. One said if BD bat first they’ll be out 90, and ‘lol’ed. Just learn to ignore. Better things to talk about.

SA's slow bowlers did well in this pitch. Fizz and Shakib have to bowl well if we want to beat them.

Need to give Tamim rest, he isn’t 100% for and onek ball khayse, open with Liton and Soumya. Drop Mithun and bring in sabbir. Also replace Saifuddin with Rubel.

Very impressive performance given that even cricket experts like Baz thinks Bangladesh is inferior to Lanka and Afghanistan.

Our bowling will be tested thou no doubt.

You guys should target to get better than other teams why is that its that comparison is always with Pak. BD should target to be one of the best in the world. No point in proving on PP if BD is 2nd best or 3rd best Asian side, its the WC where BD can prove they are one of the top sides in the world.

Its the first match of the WC, BD should target the semis.

Need to give Tamim rest, he isn’t 100% for and onek ball khayse, open with Liton and Soumya. Drop Mithun and bring in sabbir. Also replace Saifuddin with Rubel.

You are better off playing with 10 men rather than Taiwan ka Kohli, Sabbir Rehman. Tamim on his day can destroy bowling lineups. His fitness has regressed big time though

Tamim isn’t going to rest because he knows he has to compete for the top Asian opener spot with Imaam :p

You guys should target to get better than other teams why is that its that comparison is always with Pak. BD should target to be one of the best in the world. No point in proving on PP if BD is 2nd best or 3rd best Asian side, its the WC where BD can prove they are one of the top sides in the world.

Agreed

Not a matter of pride of being better than Lanka and Pak who are at their lowest in 3 decades.

Need to beat top teams more often

To the BD fans here. Trust me from experience and am sure you know too. You can’t please everyone in life and there are some haters will hate you no matter what. So ignore those trolls. One said if BD bat first they’ll be out 90, and ‘lol’ed. Just learn to ignore. Better things to talk about.

Thats my thinking too, Well said.

South Africa will chase this within 40 overs, we are 30 runs short here. If Rabada gets thrashed by Mosaddek like that, imagine what Kock and friends will do to our super best friends

You are turning out to be Mamoon version of BD fan.

Nevertheless good performance by the Bd batsmen let’s see if their bowlers can back them up

You are better off playing with 10 men rather than Taiwan ka Kohli, Sabbir Rehman. Tamim on his day can destroy bowling lineups. His fitness has regressed big time though

Sabbir is the Ashraful of modern era

They won't - trust me. Their team will keep them in check, and it's just the beginning. Yea to suruat hai. Already I see most senior posters have left PP, who actually had seen their past teams. These naujuans will learn it hard way........

If BD win this then they along with WI will be in pole position to take that elusive 4th semi spot. Pak will be a step lower than both those sides and SA with two defeats even one step lower.

However, if by some miracle Pak win tomorrow they will go above both BD and WI since England are tourney favs and expected to beat everyone.

Bd odd of reaching semis was 160, Pak 40, RSA/NZ/WI were like in 10s.

If Bd win today, I wonder how odds will change.

Only chance for South Africa here to go hard against BD bowlers right from the start. 100 runs opening partnership can help them achieve their target. Going to be tough though.

Never ever underestimated SA team. I have the privilege to watch that whole match live( of course on tv) between SA and Aus where SA chase down 434 runs. In this t20 era and also considering the pitch, Bd bowling I am sure SA will chase 330 runs if they play well.

This has become very much like Liverpool fan rant. Our trophy cabinet, blah blah....fact is last 2-3 yrs Bangladesh have developed a very good ODI side around their peaking stalwarts - Tamim, Mushi and Shakib despite not being blessed with any quality Pacers apart from Fizz

Meanwhile Pakistan have buried their head in the sand and dulled the promise of bright sparks like Babar, Fakhar, Shaheen by sticking to deadwood players like Sarfaraz/Hafeez/Malik/Imad.

Man for man Bangladesh is the better side than Pak today. They have flaws but they put in place strategies and execute them efficiently enough to cover up their. Their players are aware of their roles and they have a leader who inspires them.

This has become very much like Liverpool fan rant. Our trophy cabinet, blah blah....fact is last 2-3 yrs Bangladesh have developed a very good ODI side around their peaking stalwarts - Tamim, Mushi and Shakib despite not being blessed with any quality Pacers apart from Fizz

Meanwhile Pakistan have buried their head in the sand and dulled the promise of bright sparks like Babar, Fakhar, Shaheen by sticking to deadwood players like Sarfaraz/Hafeez/Malik/Imad.

Man for man Bangladesh is the better side than Pak today. They have flaws but they put in place strategies and execute them efficiently enough to cover up their. Their players are aware of their roles and they have a leader who inspires them.

Funny you bring Liverpool because they just won Champions League yesterday :))

Come back and talk when this man for man better side atleast reaches the final of a world tournament.

They won't - trust me. Their team will keep them in check, and it's just the beginning. Yea to suruat hai. Already I see most senior posters have left PP, who actually had seen their past teams. These naujuans will learn it hard way........

Why Pakistan has to do poorly for BD to prove how good or bad they are? Both are separate teams cant understand so much obsession with Pak here. After all cricket is just a game, people need to relax and enjoy it, ups and downs, wins and losses are all part of every sport.

Let's go Bangladesh! Come on.

Where is that poster that said Bangla will be 90 all out? Bangla ain't Pakistan mate

Why Pakistan has to do poorly for BD to prove how good or bad they are? Both are separate teams cant understand so much obsession with Pak here. After all cricket is just a game, people need to relax and enjoy it, ups and downs, wins and losses are all part of every sport.

Because Bangladesh have been mocked a lot by the Pakistani fans.

As were Indian bowlers.

Look at Indian bowlers and Bangladeshi Cricket team.

And now look at Pakistan.

They have pathetic trundlers like India used to have and are playing like the Bangladesh of old.

We are no. 7 in ODI ranking now so it's natural that you shall try to surpass your immediate superior or parallel rival first. No fault in that comparison.
We are quiet a distance away from becoming one of the top most team in the world. We are improving ,that is the positive note. But a long way to go.

BD posters didn't enjoy it here for long, long ... won't if SAF wins today.

Back