Bangladesh tour of USA (2024)

zn426

Local Club Regular
Runs
Never thought I'd get a chance to post a thread like this on PakPassion. Historic and quite exciting, even if the thread is rather late.

USA held Bangladesh to 37-2 in the power play and missed a couple of changes, but has been bowling decently thus far.

Bangladesh currently getting a free hit opportunity, Jasdeep Singh struggling significantly in the first over after the power play.

Our native born American Steven Taylor continues to wreck Bangladesh. Shanto gone, Taylor with his second wicket!

Halfway through the Bangladesh innings, Bangladesh are 65 for 3. A good platform and Taylor has already bowled 3 overs.

Some of the other bowlers are going to have to step up if USA will hold Bangladesh to a chaseable total today.

Pitch is low and slow. I hope we don’t get to see a lot of these pitches in the WC.
It may well end up that way. I think the ICC wants to give us a fighting chance for an upset or 2. Jasdeep Singh and Ali Khan struggled a bit although they's surely capable of more. If they can figure out some things over the course of this series USA's pace battery has some chances.

Corey Anderson allows 2 runs off 6. Former India B player Harmeet Singh on to bowl.

Shakib Al Hassan is OUT!

Still need to get Hridoy out, he's got enough power to be a problem.

It may well end up that way. I think the ICC wants to give us a fighting chance for an upset or 2. Jasdeep Singh and Ali Khan struggled a bit although they's surely capable of more. If they can figure out some things over the course of this series USA's pace battery has some chances.

Corey Anderson allows 2 runs off 6. Former India B player Harmeet Singh on to bowl.
Yea but that might not bod too well for cricket future in USA. But then again, low scoring games would mirror baseball and this might sit well with the locals.

And right as I say that, Hridoy launches Singh for two more boundaries in three balls.

Why did we bring him on when Hridoy was already smashing him (10 off 4 prior to this over).

Yea but that might not bod too well for cricket future in USA. But then again, low scoring games would mirror baseball and this might sit well with the locals.
Baseball barely hits at all compared to cricket. Even if you're just rotating strike and getting the occasional boundary, it's still more offensively focused than baseball. We're not playing test matches here.
And even with that said, Americans can appreciate good defense. USA will get a lot of love if we start bowling into the body and getting contact.

Baseball barely hits at all compared to cricket. Even if you're just rotating strike and getting the occasional boundary, it's still more offensively focused than baseball. We're not playing test matches here.
And even with that said, Americans can appreciate good defense. USA will get a lot of love if we start bowling into the body and getting contact.
Well locals are in love with baseball.

Bangladesh milking singles off Netravalkar. Hoping for a wicket or similar here.

Bangladesh smashing us right now, Taylor nowhere in sight.

Harmeet Singh being bowled out now.

Singh bowls out for 5 runs.
Have to think Taylor gets his last over now. There' s no point bowling Khan or Singh since they've gotten smashed and had so many no balls.

Well, looks like Monank Patel disagrees. He sends out Netravalkar. He's been alright though so why not.

damage was done previously, but Netravalkar gets Mahmudullah out to stop the bleeding. Good call and great ball.

Ali Khan. Seriously. He's gotten smashed, you have Taylor who gave up 3 off 9. If USA loses Patel deserves all the blame for that stupid decision.

Guy, I'm a USA fan. I'm hoping it's not too much for USA to chase.

136 for 5 going into the last over. Let's see if Patel finally deploys Taylor's last over.
150 should be a par total that USA should back themselves to chase no?

Khan gets the wicket off the final ball of the innings, but after giving up 32 runs off the previous 12 legal deliveries. Why even bother bowling him in that final over?

150 should be a par total that USA should back themselves to chase no?
Guy, we're still the USA in cricket. They had some really good outings vs. Canada, but Canada isn't who they used to be. I'm hopeful we can chase that but a lot is going to come down to Steven Taylor and the openers.

43 for 1 at end of the powerplay. USA slightly ahead at this stage.

6 off the 8th over, bit of a drop off but USA holding own on the batting here. Continuing to get singles and doubles with at least a boundary an over will help a ton in shortening the chase. Steven Taylor also still out there.

Guy, we're still the USA in cricket. They had some really good outings vs. Canada, but Canada isn't who they used to be. I'm hopeful we can chase that but a lot is going to come down to Steven Taylor and the openers.
It's T20. The gap is small between teams. On the day a good player or two like Taylor and Anderson can have a great innings chasing a mid 150s target. Upset can happen.

It's T20. The gap is small between teams. On the day a good player or two like Taylor and Anderson can have a great innings chasing a mid 150s target. Upset can happen.
Your prediction starting to look likely. Gous out but with a helpful contribution. Taylor needs to bat through though.

no way USA winning thing unless the go-2-fix man Shaqib is involved 66/2 in 10

66/2 after 10. Not sure why Jones up the order here. Corey Anderson would likely have been a better choice here.

It doesn't matter who is playing be it women's cricket or USA v Bangladesh but @Human786 is there providing commentary.

I admire your passion for the game brother

finally some 1 compassionate in this cold heartless Forum 🙏 I love cricket & not the junk league one biradar - Test 1st priority - 24 from 12 needed
If Corey gets his connection. USA will win this easily. But right now only Harmeet is firing

Saying this before it happens. I'm not a fan of giving spinner the last over. No matter if you have 20 to defend

Can't find a stream but USA won't get a better opportunity than this !

Oh my.

Underestimate the Associate nations at your peril in this format.

Flipping hell they've almost done it.

No wonder Sami Aslam couldn't get into this side.

Congratulations to USA. They could take this series now. Big confidence boost going into the World Cup.

USA have copied the textbook Pakistani approach

Hope the bowlers do well, send two anchors at the top, RRR goes up, hope the bits and pieces players get you over the line.

Who says we aren't influential?

Just saw the last over. What a finish !

Bangladesh are in trouble. They won't make the Super 8's. Sri Lanka will breeze past them.

Guy, I'm a USA fan. I'm hoping it's not too much for USA to chase.

136 for 5 going into the last over. Let's see if Patel finally deploys Taylor's last over.
Congrats buddy!! Your boys smashed them

Flipping hell they've almost done it.

No wonder Sami Aslam couldn't get into this side.
Many individuals were spamming on Sami Aslam's thread, believing in his lies. He was unable to secure a place in the zonal sides. These associate countries (whether homegrown or expats) have improved significantly and are no longer the weaker teams they used to be 15 years ago.

Mahmudullah and Shakib played the inaugural World T20 in 2007 and are still playing.

You can't keep recycling the same players.

Need more batting talent from somewhere.

Bangladesh 153/6

United States of America (19.3/20 overs) 156/5

U.S.A. won by 5 wickets (with 3 balls remaining)

Bangladesh has set a new low. !! This also shows how anyone can literally lose to anyone in this format if you don't have X factors.

Bangladesh has a bad T20 team, but despite that this is a major upset. Credit to USA for pulling off such a big win. The World Cup is going to be interesting.

Bangladesh has a bad T20 team, but despite that this is a major upset. Credit to USA for pulling off such a big win. The World Cup is going to be interesting.
They beat buttler led England 3-0 at home. In Bangladesh they love using those low slow pitch.

They beat buttler led England 3-0 at home. In Bangladesh they love using those low slow pitch.
Yeah those pitches were seriously doctored. I think they beat Australia and New Zealand in T20 series too where they were struggling to even get to 70.

Back