Best cricket video game: PS3/XBOX360

Stewie

Test Debutant
Runs
Its been a while since I played a good cricket video game. last one was by ea sports i think and it was on PC.

Can you guys recommend a good video game for PS3 or XBOX360 consoles that I could play here in the US?

Prefer one that is fairly recent and new.. thanks

are there any good ones?

last one approaching half-decent was Brian Lara 2005, and even that got boring

International cricket 2010 on the Xbox 360 but to be honest if you have played one over the last 5-8 then you might as well say you have played them all.

Internation cricket 2010, the best cricket i have played on a games console is Brian Lara Cricket on Ps1

Ashes 09 was fun to play on the 360. Also the game only has the rights to use the names of the English and Australian players while all other players have weird names but they can be changed if you want.

International Cricket 2010 is currently the best one out.
Really fun game offline mode.
Can be fun online too if people didn't always quit.

No such things exists, all of them are rubbish.

A FIFA/NBA level cricket game will not be produced either; the biggest market for cricket games by far is the subcontinent where piracy is prevalent, and EA will go broke with their cricket game because they won't even be able to cover the costs, let alone make profit.

Has anyone played MLB:The Show? I'm not into baseball, but it's supposed to be the bat on ball video game out there. Would it appeal to a cricket fan?

A FIFA/NBA level cricket game will not be produced either; the biggest market for cricket games by far is the subcontinent where piracy is prevalent, and EA will go broke with their cricket game because they won't even be able to cover the costs, let alone make profit.

Don Bradman 14 was pretty good, and it has a new installment coming out next month. The career mode was pretty decent last time and looks amazing this time and seems to have a lot depth

I can't get past DBC 14 graphics or else I'd purchase it, thought International Cricket 2010 was pretty good a shame there is no remastered version on PS4

Have you played any of the Brian Lara games, they were all good apart from 2007. The EA ones were decent to

I can't get past DBC 14 graphics or else I'd purchase it, thought International Cricket 2010 was pretty good a shame there is no remastered version on PS4

DBC was the best cricket game that I played. I always played on Go Pro Mode and DBC was more of a simulation than a fun smash and go like EA Cricket 07. DBC 17 doesn't look impressive but I want to see how others like it. The game is due in a month and there is no trailer or anything :facepalm:.

DBC was the best cricket game that I played. I always played on Go Pro Mode and DBC was more of a simulation than a fun smash and go like EA Cricket 07. DBC 17 doesn't look impressive but I want to see how others like it. The game is due in a month and there is no trailer or anything :facepalm:.

It's a pure simulation and the most realistic cricket game ever, will be downloading the demo when it becomes available to get a feel of it but man those graphics are ps2 level if not worse. Am a gameplay guy to but man visually the game puts you off, there's no other cricket game for ps4 either but perhaps there's an option to download the old ps3 ones from the ps store. Sometimes you don't want to play a Test and want to have a bit of a smash about, not sure if DB cricket allows for that

DBC14 is probably the best cricketing game ever made,especially the career mode.....Highly addictive.

Don't know if it is available on pS3/360 ...I play it on the XBOX one

It is one of the most realistic cricket games ever made...they are coming up with a DBC17...excited :viv

It's a pure simulation and the most realistic cricket game ever, will be downloading the demo when it becomes available to get a feel of it but man those graphics are ps2 level if not worse. Am a gameplay guy to but man visually the game puts you off, there's no other cricket game for ps4 either but perhaps there's an option to download the old ps3 ones from the ps store. Sometimes you don't want to play a Test and want to have a bit of a smash about, not sure if DB cricket allows for that

Graphics looks worse than DBC 14. There is just one batting and bowling actions for all the Batsmen(both left and right), Fast bowlers and Spin Bowlers. They have a stadium creator with tons of features and it almost feels like a Stadium Simulator game. The community sharing will do wonders if the game doesn't actually end up looking the way it is as of now. "Test" matches in video games should give you the options to play 25/30/50 and unlimited overs per inning. I doubt anyone has ever played a full five day test in a cricket video game. I'm gonna wait till what people say about the game, not gonna waste my money blindly. I know cricket is a niche market, can't expect it to have the same physics of MLB or NBA but come on this looks worse so far.

You gotta PS4 Pro ?

DBC14 is probably the best cricketing game ever made,especially the career mode.....Highly addictive.

Don't know if it is available on pS3/360 ...I play it on the XBOX one

It is one of the most realistic cricket games ever made...they are coming up with a DBC17...excited :viv

Real men play DBC on Pro Cam with no indicator or white trail mark. :narine. And it feels like im practicing in the batting nets, except that I can actually bat well in a video game.

Graphics looks worse than DBC 14. There is just one batting and bowling actions for all the Batsmen(both left and right), Fast bowlers and Spin Bowlers. They have a stadium creator with tons of features and it almost feels like a Stadium Simulator game. The community sharing will do wonders if the game doesn't actually end up looking the way it is as of now. "Test" matches in video games should give you the options to play 25/30/50 and unlimited overs per inning. I doubt anyone has ever played a full five day test in a cricket video game. I'm gonna wait till what people say about the game, not gonna waste my money blindly. I know cricket is a niche market, can't expect it to have the same physics of MLB or NBA but come on this looks worse so far.

You gotta PS4 Pro ?

I didn't really play DB14 I may just buy it must be a good deal some where this time of the year, no am going to buy a ps4 by next week though most likely will be the slim 500gb

I didn't really play DB14 I may just buy it must be a good deal some where this time of the year, no am going to buy a ps4 by next week though most likely will be the slim 500gb

Just go for Ps4 Pro. It actually does look better even on 1080P TV. It is worth it to dish the extra $100 to go for the Pro. You also get the options on some games to run at 60FPS or 4k mode. I highly advise you go for the PRO. More developers will learn how to efficiently use it down the road. I thought I could get it this week but got some unexpected expense and my UberEats food delivery job is basically screwed so I have to wait for a while. Go for the Pro, it is worth it, trust me.

Just go for Ps4 Pro. It actually does look better even on 1080P TV. It is worth it to dish the extra $100 to go for the Pro. You also get the options on some games to run at 60FPS or 4k mode. I highly advise you go for the PRO. More developers will learn how to efficiently use it down the road. I thought I could get it this week but got some unexpected expense and my UberEats food delivery job is basically screwed so I have to wait for a while. Go for the Pro, it is worth it, trust me.

I would seriously consider it but I fear as if I won't be playing the games much so not sure if it will be worth it, like i bought the the 360 limited edition and never played it much

Pretty much. Cricket games can be guilty pleasures but when you look at them from an objective view, its obvious that none of them are quality.

Have you played any of the Brian Lara games, they were all good apart from 2007. The EA ones were decent to

I have. The Codemasters games like Brian Lara, Shane Warne etc. were very enjoyable back then when I was a kid but they were still really lame. My highest individual score in Test cricket in Brian Lara 99 was 814 with Steve Waugh, I mean what rubbish is that. :)))

EA Cricket 2004 was the only challenging game (apart from Bradman 14) that I have played. Hitting a six was genuinely difficult for me, but in the other games, a run rate of 20-25 was the norm.

The biggest problem in cricket games is the level of ease when it comes to batting. I don't know about bowling because I have hardly ever bowled in cricket games.

I have. The Codemasters games like Brian Lara, Shane Warne etc. were very enjoyable back then when I was a kid but they were still really lame. My highest individual score in Test cricket in Brian Lara 99 was 814 with Steve Waugh, I mean what rubbish is that. :)))

EA Cricket 2004 was the only challenging game (apart from Bradman 14) that I have played. Hitting a six was genuinely difficult for me, but in the other games, a run rate of 20-25 was the norm.

The biggest problem in cricket games is the level of ease when it comes to batting. I don't know about bowling because I have hardly ever bowled in cricket games.

For the time they were released in those games were great! 814 LOL that must be hard to get even in stick cricket :yk The AI was pretty decent in Lara 05 imo and especially in those challenge modes which paid homage to past historic series. I loved EA 2004 and a lot more then 2004, not played DB 14 properly but I've heard it's the most challenging but man the graphics suck real bad.

There's another game called super international cricket on the NES, it was of a high quality; use to play it on my phone a few years back; it actually made you enjoy having a bowl and made you earn your runs and wickets. Feel like it was ahead of it's time, pitch was also a big factor.

Last edited:
Don Bradman cricket 2014.

Little too hard to bowl but best simulation of cricket thus far.

Lol my highest score was 565 with Inzamam in Cricket 2007:))

You gotta PS4 Pro ?

How is MLB? Would it appeal to a cricket fan who doesn't follow baseball?

How is MLB? Would it appeal to a cricket fan who doesn't follow baseball?

I doubt so. You must at least no the basics of baseball. Some people are quick learners while others take their time. I used to watch Baseball and I even been to couple of games so baseball is not an alien sports to me.

Brian Lara 2005 was genuinely easy it was, like you mentioned for most games, pretty straightforward to play at a RR of 20-25 (even in Tests!)

The problem with these games when batting is that the AI already tells you where the ball with bowl and you can adjust your stance and hit sixes at will. It should only tell you that at the last moment so you had little time to decide which shot to play.

My record's in Brian Lara Cricket 2005 were as follows:
Highest score: Afridi 407
2nd highest score: Salman Butt 399
Highest partnership: 624 (Yk and Moyo - coincidentally this was 6 months before Sanga and Mahega matched my record! :D)

My favorite cricket game remains Stick Cricket.

Although playing at a RR of 20-30 is still the norm - the challenge lies in that the AI also scores at the same rate when setting targets!! :AR15firin:2gunsfiri The SF and finals of the WorldT20 and T2 World Cup modes are genuinely very challenging - atleast for me

Although you can only hit on the offside and legside (technically can also hit straight but I see no point in doing so as straight balls can still be hoicked to the legside) but you get less than a second to understand the line of the ball during when the fast bowlers are bowling (the hardest for me are the outswing bowlers!)

Spinners and medium pacers can and should be belted for sixes with ease.

It has been around for a while and is very addicting!

The developer however should make sure the teams are being updated frequently - the Pakistan team still has Misbah in the T20 side! lol

Brian Lara 2005 was genuinely easy it was, like you mentioned for most games, pretty straightforward to play at a RR of 20-25 (even in Tests!)

The problem with these games when batting is that the AI already tells you where the ball with bowl and you can adjust your stance and hit sixes at will. It should only tell you that at the last moment so you had little time to decide which shot to play.

My record's in Brian Lara Cricket 2005 were as follows:
Highest score: Afridi 407
2nd highest score: Salman Butt 399
Highest partnership: 624 (Yk and Moyo - coincidentally this was 6 months before Sanga and Mahega matched my record! :D)

My favorite cricket game remains Stick Cricket.

Although playing at a RR of 20-30 is still the norm - the challenge lies in that the AI also scores at the same rate when setting targets!! :AR15firin:2gunsfiri The SF and finals of the WorldT20 and T2 World Cup modes are genuinely very challenging - atleast for me

Although you can only hit on the offside and legside (technically can also hit straight but I see no point in doing so as straight balls can still be hoicked to the legside) but you get less than a second to understand the line of the ball during when the fast bowlers are bowling (the hardest for me are the outswing bowlers!)

Spinners and medium pacers can and should be belted for sixes with ease.

It has been around for a while and is very addicting!

The developer however should make sure the teams are being updated frequently - the Pakistan team still has Misbah in the T20 side! lol

I really like Stick Cricket 2 on iOS and I find it quite competitive.

Of all the games, I find the batting style/stance of Brian Lara 2005 the best, EA Sports ones are quite bad.

Best cricket game ever this. Player animation were ahead of it's time:

Best cricket game ever this. Player animation were ahead of it's time:

They had all the stadiums if I can remember. I remember smashing 240 runs in 20 overs and thinking no one would ever score anywhere near that score only to see my cousin smash 400 in 20 overs :facepalm:

what the hell is that ???? Even fifa 99's graphics are better than these ones....Disappointed:facepalm:

:)))

What in the blue hell is that

God awful graphics and animation, I wouldn't get that game if you gave it for free

What's with the kinky bowling actions?
Looks like this game will make full use of chucking. :narine

The worst part is, as an owner of DBC14, I can tell that this game is worse graphically somehow than the previous one.

They can't expect us to buy it for the same amount as something like FIFA, it's honestly a joke.

The worst part is, as an owner of DBC14, I can tell that this game is worse graphically somehow than the previous one.

They can't expect us to buy it for the same amount as something like FIFA, it's honestly a joke.

And am big on gameplay! but man can't get past those bad animations and graphics plus like you say the asking price is ridiculous but also understandable given that they're an indie developer and the guy will probably be pirated. I'd never pay more then £5 for that! the older games like international cricket 2010 on PS3 and xbox 360 is underrated big time in comparison now, i enjoyed playing that

And am big on gameplay! but man can't get past those bad animations and graphics plus like you say the asking price is ridiculous but also understandable given that they're an indie developer and the guy will probably be pirated. I'd never pay more then £5 for that! the older games like international cricket 2010 on PS3 and xbox 360 is underrated big time in comparison now, i enjoyed playing that

I've played a very similar game on PC, but it's name is Ashes Cricket 2009... :13:

I've played a very similar game on PC, but it's name is Ashes Cricket 2009... :13:

Same developer, 2010 game was a sequel to the 2009 game. These were the improvements which were made:
There is a new tournaments section with four new tournaments based on the big four limited overs contests – World 20 Overs (T20), 20 Overs Super League (T20), Champions Cup (ODI) and World Trophy (ODI). Test cricket is still available, and Test tournaments can be participated in by all teams.

There is an expanded roster of 16 international teams (Including Bermuda, Canada, the Netherlands, and Scotland) and players can choose between 21 stadiums from around the world, 3 of which are new additions in Dhaka, Grenada, and Port Elizabeth.

A new Power Stick feature enables players to gain both 360-degree direction and power control.

A new "sportsmanship rating" feature will allow players to decide on a preferred online opponent, especially for avoiding players who quit matches when losing.[4] However, the online aspect of the released game has received extensive criticism due to both the poorly designed sportsmanship ratings feature and a bug which causes online games to disconnect, usually after a boundary or a six is hit by a batsman.

People can select to play in different regions around the world, and even their own tournament. Winning tournaments unlocks brand new kit items, and other awards such as bats, pads and other equipment. The AI has been improved with batsmen being able to pick the gaps, computer simulation, and responses are more realistic than before

I'm not buying this game for $80.. Was really excited but there is no way I would put down $80 when I also want to get BF premium and the new Uncharted DLC.

Same developer, 2010 game was a sequel to the 2009 game. These were the improvements which were made:

Remember playing the demo of that game but never actually bought it. It looked solid.

I'm not buying this game for $80.. Was really excited but there is no way I would put down $80 when I also want to get BF premium and the new Uncharted DLC.

Wouldn't buy it for $20 honestly, especially when the 2014 game looks much better.

Sadly Cricket games just don't get the justice they deserve and no big companies are willing to really invest in a good series.

Remember playing the demo of that game but never actually bought it. It looked solid.

Wouldn't buy it for $20 honestly, especially when the 2014 game looks much better.

Sadly Cricket games just don't get the justice they deserve and no big companies are willing to really invest in a good series.

Cricket games don't have market really. Even the tiny market gets hampered by piracy among Desis. The DBC developer indicated that 90% of their DBC 14 were sold on consoles and only 10% were sold on PC.

Honestly we should have a Don Bradman 14 tournament with PP players

Cricket games don't have market really. Even the tiny market gets hampered by piracy among Desis. The DBC developer indicated that 90% of their DBC 14 were sold on consoles and only 10% were sold on PC.

That's very true, most of the market is in South Asia and Australia, with a small % from the UK, it's not big enough for most companies who are looking to invest in games. It's quite sad as I don't think I'll ever play a Cricket game anywhere close to the quality of other sports games.

That's very true, most of the market is in South Asia and Australia, with a small % from the UK, it's not big enough for most companies who are looking to invest in games. It's quite sad as I don't think I'll ever play a Cricket game anywhere close to the quality of other sports games.

Desis get heart broken when they find out that the only sports they play is actually very niche. Pathetic human beings we are.

Desis get heart broken when they find out that the only sports they play is actually very niche. Pathetic human beings we are.

I guess that's one way to look at it...

Get on the Boxing and MMA hype guys! Although the new UFC game is rubbish so I prefer WWE instead, beyond me why no one makes Boxing games anymore

Get on the Boxing and MMA hype guys! Although the new UFC game is rubbish so I prefer WWE instead, beyond me why no one makes Boxing games anymore

I like boxing and MMA, but I find the idea of game version boring, and would much rather play a fictional fighting game that's much more interesting. Probably just me though.

Never really was sure about WWE, always found the concept strange.

I like boxing and MMA, but I find the idea of game version boring, and would much rather play a fictional fighting game that's much more interesting. Probably just me though.

Never really was sure about WWE, always found the concept strange.

The fight night series was actually pretty good and enjoyable, tekken etc is always a lot of fun. WWE games you obviously need to be a bit of a fan but they can still be really fun, you can pretty much do all kinds of crazy stuff

The fight night series was actually pretty good and enjoyable, tekken etc is always a lot of fun. WWE games you obviously need to be a bit of a fan but they can still be really fun, you can pretty much do all kinds of crazy stuff

Yeah, Tekken was great, and they're releasing Tekken 7 which looks good. I remember playing a WWE game on PS1 a long long time ago, had no idea what i was doing tbh. :))

Yeah, Tekken was great, and they're releasing Tekken 7 which looks good. I remember playing a WWE game on PS1 a long long time ago, had no idea what i was doing tbh. :))

Really strange how you can play all them old ps1 classics on your phone by downloading an emulator :))

What would you say is the best fighting game out there now?

Really strange how you can play all them old ps1 classics on your phone by downloading an emulator :))

What would you say is the best fighting game out there now?

I think right now, Mortal Kombat XL and Killer Instinct are definetly up there, especially as Street Fighter V has so many problems (despite it's e-sports scene being quite strong).

Smash 4 is quite fun but it's not like the traditional fighter and some see it at best as a party game, even though I can get technical and has an esports scene too. Tekken 7 is going strong in the arcades of Japan but is suprisingly not out yet on consoles, and will be released in 2017.

Honestly it really depends on what you want. If you're a big fan of nintendo and less traditional fighting games Smash for Wii U is the best option, if you want a really violent, but in depth game, I'd say Mortal Kombat and if you want a strong competitive base to a game, then go for Street Fighter V or Killer Instinct, as they lack the single player content you might want but are very good in a skill & technical sense.

Back