BJP in damage control mode after calls grow for boycott of Indian goods in the Arab world

<

Police attacked. Temple attacked. Arsoning, stone pelting etc etc.

Hindu extremists have been abusing Muslims attacking them, intimidating them for years now. Eventually Muslims will have enough, finally its nice to see Indian Muslims growing some courage. Hope they slap the Hindutva extremists more harder.

Shocking videos. I wonder which country will tolerate such lawless ness. I have also seen pictures of hanging Nupur Sharma effigies from the pole lile we see in Syria.

Kudos to Indian govt and their efforts to deflate it in a tolerant natute. If this happens here in UK, I can only imagine what would police do.

Lol. Only Qatar summoned the Indian ambassador. Rest just issued statements.

Pakistan claims to an Islamic country, being run by islamic laws.

It seems most of them started running and hiding the moment police took action. They only seem to emboldened when authorities don't take action and give them a free hand.

Some basic reading in English not in Hindi might help. Indian ambassadors were summoned by multiple nations. Nobody is scared of a 3rd world nation run by a clown like Modi.

Irrelevant, learn the difference between Islamic law and a national law, they are not the same.

The videos Ive seen, they are rioting hard because they are no longer scared of skinny RSS idiots with sticks. Dhall eating people are never a threat.

The protestors are playing into the hands of the right wingers.

They should use political pressure and not mob pressure.

Sadly after multiple years of oppression and subjugation this is the only route they have available to them.

This has been their way since i can remember. Only change is that earlier authorities were asked not to stop them so that political vote banks are protected. Gandhiji made a very famous statement in 1946 about this. Its still very relevant.

Now BJP ruled states take action and sone non BJP states are forced to take action fearing hindus voting for BJP. Ofcourse there are the likes of my state who still want to protect their votes.

Shocking videos. I wonder which country will tolerate such lawless ness. I have also seen pictures of hanging Nupur Sharma effigies from the pole lile we see in Syria.

Kudos to Indian govt and their efforts to deflate it in a tolerant natute. If this happens here in UK, I can only imagine what would police do.

:)) effigies like Syria. You are a bigot.

Never seen an effigy in India before?

You guys were burning effigies of a teenage girl ( Greta Thurnberg) last year.

But when a Muslim allegedly does it then its....unIndian behaviour.

This has been their way since i can remember. Only change is that earlier authorities were asked not to stop them so that political vote banks are protected. Gandhiji made a very famous statement in 1946 about this. Its still very relevant.

Now BJP ruled states take action and sone non BJP states are forced to take action fearing hindus voting for BJP. Ofcourse there are the likes of my state who still want to protect their votes.

Situation should be defused by leading political figures from both sides, instead of the state hurting the protestors and flaming tensions further.

Some basic reading in English not in Hindi might help. Indian ambassadors were summoned by multiple nations. Nobody is scared of a 3rd world nation run by a clown like Modi.

Irrelevant, learn the difference between Islamic law and a national law, they are not the same.

The videos Ive seen, they are rioting hard because they are no longer scared of skinny RSS idiots with sticks. Dhall eating people are never a threat.

No they were not. And India is not like any of its neighbours who are surviving on aids and bailouts that some country will scare India. Nobody judges India by the opinion of a Pakistani. Its irrelevant, as Imran Khan.

Pakistan claims to be run by a islamic law. Or does it not?

I can show lot of videos where they are running like scared kids the moment police starts their action. They only try to be bold when they believe police will not act, rest those who were not scared invaders from central asia and kept resisting, are not afraid of their surviving chamchas.

Situation should be defused by leading political figures from both sides, instead of the state hurting the protestors and flaming tensions further.

For that to happen, muslim leaders have to understand that no one is going to be scared by their street hooligans. Either police or the common people will retaliate. Times have changed, change your ways, else you will suffer.

Nupur Sharma will only be punished as per law and by the courts.

State has the responsibility to maintain law and order. They will do it.

Hope Indian Muslims stay safe inshAllah.

Looks like perilous days are coming.

Tbh majority are not even concerned. They are getting on with their lives.

If you watch the videos, its Mostly from lower socio economic areas, these people are easily incited and made to do all this.

I can show lot of videos where they are running like scared kids the moment police starts their action. They only try to be bold when they believe police will not act, rest those who were not scared invaders from central asia and kept resisting, are not afraid of their surviving chamchas.

Very disappointing to see this post and it seems like the mask has very truly slipped.

It looks like you guys can never accept them as your countrymen whatever they do.

The sinister nature of the posts are clear, invaders, chamchas etc just because they have another religion they are not Indian.

Wow. The right wing mentality well and truly demonstrated...and if this is the opinion of a somewhar educated doctor then I shudder to imagine what the man on the street thinks.

No they were not. And India is not like any of its neighbours who are surviving on aids and bailouts that some country will scare India. Nobody judges India by the opinion of a Pakistani. Its irrelevant, as Imran Khan.

Pakistan claims to be run by a islamic law. Or does it not?

"After Qatar, Kuwait’s foreign ministry also issued a statement that the Indian ambassador had been summoned and handed over a protest note over “abusive statements” made by “an official in the ruling party”."

Pakistan blasphemy law was introduced by Brits. Islamic law is different. Do RSS send kids to school?

Poor Joshilabhai rohna donha because your Hindutva mates are nowhere to be seen. When is the gang coming out ?

Very disappointing to see this post and it seems like the mask has very truly slipped.

It looks like you guys can never accept them as your countrymen whatever they do.

The sinister nature of the posts are clear, invaders, chamchas etc just because they have another religion they are not Indian.

Wow. The right wing mentality well and truly demonstrated...and if this is the opinion of a somewhar educated doctor then I shudder to imagine what the man on the street thinks.

If you haven't lived in India you wont understand what i am saying.

There is a section of muslims in India who think they will scare the rest of the communities. They believe that like invaders from central asia conquered, they will make the other communities grovel before them. They have a superiority complex and scant respect for other religions and will use violent street power at the drop of a hat. These feelings have been further emboldened by political appeasement.

Oh and btw i am not surprised that you don't find anything wrong with the racist comments of KKWC.

"After Qatar, Kuwait’s foreign ministry also issued a statement that the Indian ambassador had been summoned and handed over a protest note over “abusive statements” made by “an official in the ruling party”."

Pakistan blasphemy law was introduced by Brits. Islamic law is different. Do RSS send kids to school?

Poor Joshilabhai rohna donha because your Hindutva mates are nowhere to be seen. When is the gang coming out ?

So 2 countries. Who else?

Is this 2022 or not? Pakistan became an islamic republic in 1956? No?

RSS do send their children to school, they don't live on benefits.

Why should anyone come to convince you? Did anyone care to reply to Imran's tweets?

It's taken you this long to figure him out?

Anyone in doubt,

Nupur Sharma can be sentenced to a maximum of 3 years under indian laws. And only the court can do it.No protest will change this.

I still don't understand the need for this violence.

It's taken you this long to figure him out?

Nah I knew it but he manages to duck and dive usually.

This time he couldn't hide his disdain. Nor could Rajdeep.

'Like Syrians' 'invaders' 'chamchas'

To describe their own countrymen. Shocking.

Nah I knew it but he manages to duck and dive usually.

This time he couldn't hide his disdain. Nor could Rajdeep.

'Like Syrians' 'invaders' 'chamchas'

To describe their own countrymen. Shocking.

If someone says that the killers of Guru Tegh Bahadur and Guru Arjan Dev, the breaker of hindu temples are their heroes then those people are insulting their fellow countrymen.

Is Islam about the Prophet (PBUH) and Quran or is it about tyrannical rulers and invaders?

Why not make heroes out of Omar Khayyam, Al Khawrizmi etc, why make heroes out of bigoted invaders?

Islam didn't come to India via any invader, it came to India via peaceful traders. The first King from India to accept Islam did it at the feet of the Prophet(PBUH), but that king is no hero. Why?

If someone says that the killers of Guru Tegh Bahadur and Guru Arjan Dev, the breaker of hindu temples are their heroes then those people are insulting their fellow countrymen.

Is Islam about the Prophet (PBUH) and Quran or is it about tyrannical rulers and invaders?

Why not make heroes out of Omar Khayyam, Al Khawrizmi etc, why make heroes out of bigoted invaders?

Islam didn't come to India via any invader, it came to India via peaceful traders. The first King from India to accept Islam did it at the feet of the Prophet(PBUH), but that king is no hero. Why?

When you only criticise the muslim emperors but show no disdain for the Hindu empires killing and raping each other then its clear its not about heroes its about religion.

For example when raped and destroyed hindu temples its ok for you because they were hindu.

P.S Islam never came to 'India'. Before 1947 there was no India, just different empires competing...but you pick and choose which ones are heroes and which are villains because some allegedly follow your beliefs.

Despite the fact that in those times if we picked up your ancestors from what is now bengal and dropped them into any other hindu empire they would have been considered 'outsiders'

Last edited:
When you only criticise the muslim emperors but show no disdain for the Hindu empires killing and raping each other then its clear its not about heroes its about religion.

For example when raped and destroyed hindu temples its ok for you because they were hindu.

P.S Islam never came to 'India'. Before 1947 there was no India, just different empires competing...but you pick and choose which ones are heroes and which are villains because some allegedly follow your beliefs.

Despite the fact that in those times if we picked up your ancestors from what is now bengal and dropped them into any other hindu empire they would have been considered 'outsiders'

Hindu emperors invaded India? Killed religious figures of other religion? Forcibly converted people? There are battles on the battlefield and then there are cultural and religious war and oppression. Different things.

India has been described as a geographical area since antiquity. Be it in greek books like Indica or arabs talking about Hind or Europeans trying to find a sea route to India. What came into being in 1947 was the republic of India.

That definition of "outsider" is your opinion, not a fact. There was mixing of Indian population. across kingdoms because of common religion and cultural practices.Even Most languages in India are derived from Sanskrit and its later versions.

Now coming to this thread and its topic,

Why the violent protests?

Nupur Sharma has apologised. She has been sacked by her party and expelled. FIR has been registered.

So what's the iissue here?

So 2 countries. Who else?

Is this 2022 or not? Pakistan became an islamic republic in 1956? No?

RSS do send their children to school, they don't live on benefits.

Why should anyone come to convince you? Did anyone care to reply to Imran's tweets?

Iran also did but are happy now. Malaysia summoned an Indian envoy too. Do some homework , it helps.

Pakistan being an Islamic republic doesnt mean Islamic law, this would be determined by Islamic theology not by a state regardless of what it claims. Learn the difference.

Many RSS do, my taxes are used to feed or help some Indians. British aid is still being sent to India. No RSS tax has ever helped me.

When is the brave Hindutva gang going to sort out these protestors as you have been wishing on this thread?

Pathetic from protestors, one should never harm any citizen or public property during their protests which should always be peaceful. All you need is one or 2 bad apples and situation will get out of hand.

They need to understand it's them (and us all as a society) who'll suffer ultimately. They can't let bigots win whose sole aim is to polarize the Indian society and hence serve their own political purposes.

Just seen a video on Facebook with Saudi's literally kicking Saudi's out. As for India we saw another day of violence there. They need to charge Nupur Sharma if they want to calm their Muslim's down otherwise it's a downhill slide in their relations with the Arab world.

Btw, I always knew Indians care more about the theatrics than the practical. You are happy to see a higher poverty rate as a percentage of the population than to see PM doing something that doesn't effect almost all of the country. You guys are masters of promoting yourself and making yourself appear bigger and more important than you actually are.

Percentage of people in poverty in Pakistan - 24.30% (2015)

Percentage of people in poverty in India - 21.9 % (2011)

Link: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/poverty-rate-by-country

The left/liberal leadership have to take the responsibility here, have stoked the fire a bit too much. There was no real need for this to go on as how it has into this week

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Saturday strongly condemned the heavy-handed treatment by the Indian authorities of Muslims who were registering a peaceful protest after Friday prayers over the derogatory remarks of the two members of the ruling political party BJP against Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

“The indiscriminate and widespread use of brute force by the Indian authorities across various states in India has resulted in the killing of two innocent Muslim protesters and critically injured thirteen others in Ranchi city,” a statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs read.

It is worth mentioning that in Jharkand's Ranchi, Indian police shot dead two protesters when they opened fire at the demonstrators protesting against a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) official's blasphemous comment about Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).

According to NDTV, the police had to fire and baton charge in order to contain the mob. More than 130 protestors were arrested as country-wide protests broke out in India following a BJP spokesperson's blasphemous remarks about the Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Muslims took to the streets after Friday prayers in huge numbers across India and neighbouring countries to condemn the comments, with police firing on a crowd in the eastern city of Ranchi.

Terming the footage of Indian forces unabashedly opening fire on unarmed protesters in Ranchi city as “horrific”, the Foreign Office mentioned reported that in Uttar Pradesh alone a total of 227 people have been arrested so far.

“This is a new low in the Indian government’s repressive ‘Hindutva’ inspired majoritarian policy aimed at demonising and persecuting minorities, especially Muslims,” the ministry said.

The Foreign Office reiterated that Pakistan denounces this shameful treatment of Indian Muslim citizens by the Indian government and expresses its solidarity with the Muslims of India in these testing times.

“It is alarming that despite the global condemnation of the BJP officials’ sacrilegious remarks, the Indian government’s reaction has been muted, while on the other hand the BJP-RSS regime has persisted in its Islamophobic actions and has shamefully chosen to handle public protest with brutal and indiscriminate use of force,” the ministry noted.

The office warned that the Indian Government’s apathy to the grievous situation and the vicious cycle of communal violence may lead to further marginalisation of the Indian Muslims.

Reiterating Pakistan’s stance, the Foreign Office once again strongly urged India to ensure that demonstrable action is taken against those responsible for making derogatory remarks and attacking the dignity of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

“The international community must also take immediate cognizance of the grievously aggravating situation of Islamophobia in India. India must be held accountable for stifling the rights of the minorities, especially Muslims, and ensure that Muslims living in India are not victimised for practicing their faith and religious beliefs

GEO

The answer would be yours. Not only do they tolerate mob justice, they endorse it as long as it works in their favour. Isn't that how your PM got elected?

Oh and by the way, I'm talking about India, not England. I see you are living here as an immigrant which is fine, but don't presume too much status in that.

The answer would be yours. Not only do they tolerate mob justice, they endorse it as long as it works in their favour. Isn't that how your PM got elected?

Oh and by the way, I'm talking about India, not England. I see you are living here as an immigrant which is fine, but don't presume too much status in that.

Actually no, our PM got elected by virtue of 2 back to back election win in landslide margin bcoz people of India voted for him and stands with him. Oh btw, he was also brave enough to be present in parliament to face the No Confidence Motion vote in 2018 which he also won in landslide margin. That is how leaders get elected in a democracy like India.

As far living in England as immigrant is concerned, we both are and will always be immigrants. Pls go and fool others about you being akin to white british (which you never will be). But since I know the ground reality, I know where we all stand. Lets not go there...lol.

The left/liberal leadership have to take the responsibility here, have stoked the fire a bit too much. There was no real need for this to go on as how it has into this week

All the recent riots in India is due to left/liberal brigade. I am saying this from day 1 but no one listens to me. Since 2014 they are not able to come to terms with elected representative and want civil war in India to capture the power back. They instigate the innocent people to pick up arms and then hide behind the curtains. JNU riots, Delhi riots, Shaheen Bagh and now this country wide riots - all due to constant instigation by that liberal gang.

All the recent riots in India is due to left/liberal brigade. I am saying this from day 1 but no one listens to me. Since 2014 they are not able to come to terms with elected representative and want civil war in India to capture the power back. They instigate the innocent people to pick up arms and then hide behind the curtains. JNU riots, Delhi riots, Shaheen Bagh and now this country wide riots - all due to constant instigation by that liberal gang.

So the real andhbhakht has come out and spoken. Not surprised at all to see you defend poor and innocent BJP lol. :91: :inti

So the real andhbhakht has come out and spoken. Not surprised at all to see you defend poor and innocent BJP lol. :91: :inti

Lol people who are causing riots in India bcoz their bhakti being hurt in a tv debate...is calling others 'andh bhakt'. Oh the irony :91:

Indian police cracked down on protests on Sunday that erupted across the country over derogatory remarks against Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by members of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

Muslims have taken to the streets to protest against anti-Islamic comments made by two members of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the recent week.

Earlier this month, the BJP suspended its spokeswoman Nupur Sharma and expelled another leader, Naveen Kumar Jindal, for their controversial comments about the Prophet (PBUH) that also angered several Muslim countries, causing a massive diplomatic challenge for the Modi government.

Police cases have been filed against the two former BJP officials.

Countries such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Oman, and Iran, which are key trade partners for India, lodged protests through diplomatic channels and used social media to demand an apology from the government.

India's foreign ministry said last week that the tweets and comments do not reflect the views of the government.

Clashes over the remarks simmered across the country, as some in the minority Muslim community see them as the latest instance of pressure and humiliation under BJP rule on issues ranging from freedom of worship to the wearing of hijab head scarves.

Two teenagers were killed when police opened fire on protesters in the eastern city of Ranchi last week.

Sporadic riots in northern Uttar Pradesh state led to the arrests of over 300 people.

In the eastern state of West Bengal, authorities enforced an emergency law prohibiting public gatherings in the industrial district of Howrah until June 16. At least 70 people were arrested on charges of rioting and disturbing public order, with Internet services suspended for over 48 hours after the latest communal violence.

In occupied Kashmir, police arrested a youth for posting a video against Nupur Sharma, a former spokesperson of India's ruling party who had made derogatory remarks about the Prophet (PBUH), officials said on Sunday.

The video, circulated on YouTube, has been withdrawn by authorities as part of a wider attempt to curb religious unrest that has spread across the country.

BJP leaders have issued instructions to several senior members to be "extremely cautious" when talking about religion on public platforms and the government continues to tighten public security.

Meanwhile videos went viral of police brutality in Prayagraj, formerly known as Allahabad, according to an Al Jazeera report.

The report also said police raided the home of student leader Afreen Fatima, arresting her father Mohammad Javed, mother and sister. They have accused her father, who is diabetic and needs insulin daily , of "masterminding the protests".

“First a police party came at around 8:30pm and took away my father and then they came at 11:30pm and detained my mother and sister. Third time they came at 2:30am to detain me but we resisted and since then the policemen have cordoned off our house,” Fatima told Al Jazeera.

“We are only women and children at home. We feel cornered and traumatised. The police have asked us to leave the house locked.

“I have no idea where my father, mother and sister are. I am worried about their safety. My father is a diabetic and he needs insulin injection every night.”

Pakistan condemns 'brutal treatment' of Muslims protesting in India
Meanwhile, Pakistan on Saturday strongly condemned the "heavy-handed treatment by the Indian authorities of Muslim who were registering a peaceful protest after Friday prayers".

In a statement issued on June 11, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs noted that the "indiscriminate and widespread" use of brute force by the Indian authorities across various states in India had resulted in killing of two innocent Muslim protesters and critically injured thirteen others in Ranchi city.

"The footage of Indian forces unabashedly opening fire on unarmed protesters in Ranchi city is horrific beyond belief. This is a new low in the Indian government’s repressive ‘Hindutva’ inspired majoritarian policy aimed at demonizing and persecuting minorities, especially Muslims," it said.

"Pakistan denounces this shameful treatment of Indian Muslim citizens by the Indian government and expresses its solidarity with the Muslims of India in these testing times."

The ministry called the situation in the neighbouring country alarming, continuing that despite the global condemnation of the BJP officials’ sacrilegious remarks, the Indian government’s reaction had been muted, while on the other hand the BJP-RSS regime had persisted in its Islamophobic actions and had shamefully chosen to handle public protest with brutal and indiscriminate use of force.

"The Indian Government’s apathy to the grievous situation and the vicious cycle of communal violence may lead to further marginalization of the Indian Muslims," it warned, urging the international community to take immediate cognisance of the grievously aggravating situation of Islamophobia in India.

India must be held accountable for stifling the rights of the minorities, especially Muslims, and ensure that Muslims living in India are not victimized for practicing their faith and religious beliefs, the ministry added.

REUTERS

Pakistan condemns 'brutal treatment' of Muslims protesting in India
Meanwhile, Pakistan on Saturday strongly condemned the "heavy-handed treatment by the Indian authorities of Muslim who were registering a peaceful protest after Friday prayers".

REUTERS

Oh boy, I don't know whether to cry, laugh or do both at the same time here.

Pakistan and its concerns for an Indian minority, only recently a temple was smashed in Karachi...

Lord have mercy...

I see you are living here as an immigrant which is fine, but don't presume too much status in that.

Yeah but still, you are not a Caucasian though Cap, they prolly look down on you as a Pakistani regardless of being a Britstani lol.

We all in the same boat bruh....

Few things -

1) BJP has banned Nupur Sharma with bated breath keeping India's geo political interests in mind. India has oil ties with middle east, many Indians live in Gulf countries and contribute to Indian economy. India and Middle east have very good trade relationship which only excelled under present Indian govt. Modi himself got highest civilian award from them. So we are in no position to upset them at all. Economy & money trumps everything.

2) Contrary to what many believes, India is no superpower like China and in no position to upset Gulf countries, Europe or USA. You think China will ever apologize to middle east for their treatment of Uighur muslims? Neither any country can arm twist China. But India dont have that leverage and will always be sub servant to those countries.

3) Most important thing - we must stop blaming Islamic countries or even Indian muslims. They are doing the right thing by defending their religion and they must. I actually love the way they protect their religion. The blame lies only and only with those brown-nosing Indian hindu liberals who are doing bhangra from last 3-4 days. Unfortunately I dont have enough adjective to define them. Yesterday I was watching a news debate in Aaj Tak where there were many guests along with Saba Naqvi. Saba few days ago shared an image of Shivlinga (hindu god) in some derogatory way but she deleted that tweet yesterday after Nupur Sharma incident fearing backlash. When Aaj Tak anchor asked her what is the difference then between you and Nupur as both maligning each other's religion, her response was she simply re-tweeted it which originally was posted by Mahua Moitra (TMC MP). Her arguement was if Mahua, being a bonafide hindu can share that image, why cant I? And she was absolutely correct. Atleast she has the decency to delete that tweet but I am sure Mahua (thekedar of liberal gang) still wont.

So I think its high time we should stop blaming muslims. The fault lies somewhere else. If you dont respect your own religion, no one else would.

That is why in India Akbarudding Owaisi who openly abused hindu gods in a rally in hyderabad is still a MLA in Telangana Assembly, that is why MF Hussain who painted naked Indian gods was given citizenship in Qatar but Nupur Sharma is banned and getting rape/beheading and murder threats.

As Indian we must stop complaining and move with the flow as fault lies within us. Neither Modi nor BJP would do anything.

Lol people who are causing riots in India bcoz their bhakti being hurt in a tv debate...is calling others 'andh bhakt'. Oh the irony :91:

It seems these two posts are not written by the same person. What a u-turn lol. :bow: :inti

It seems these two posts are not written by the same person. What a u-turn lol. :bow: :inti

I only speak the truth...then its upto people how they percieve it. If you want to call it a U-turn - so be it :)

Not sure how are those 2 posts related anyway. I still commend muslim community the way they protect their religion and only wish we had that kind of unity among hindus.

But when you accuse others being 'andh bhakt' when this entire riot is happening due to andh bhakti...its bit of a pot calling kettle black.

Btw, I see you throw that term bhakt, andh bhakt often here. Its 2022...do you still think BJP supporters get trigerred with it? Lol :91:

Oh boy, I don't know whether to cry, laugh or do both at the same time here.

Pakistan and its concerns for an Indian minority, only recently a temple was smashed in Karachi...

Lord have mercy...

You should laugh at yourself for your extreme idiocy and buffoonery. Pakistan has no state policy of smashing up temples, in fact they were happy to have some new ones built iirc unlike Indian state policy of inciting genocide and smashing up Masjids.

The live broadcast of a popular online news channel in Assam was swapped with the image of a Pakistani flag, a hymn for Prophet Muhammad and tickers reading 'Respect Holy Prophet' in a cyberattack this week that appeared linked to the outcry over remarks by former BJP spokespersons about the Prophet.

A Pakistan-based hacking group 'Revolution PK' has been blamed for the cyberattack on the YouTube account of Time8, which is a digital news network based out of Assam with more than 7 million followers on different social media platforms and average monthly video views of over 600 million.

On June 9, during a live news stream, Time8's transmission was interrupted during a breaking news segment.

Utpal Kanta, founder and managing editor of Time8 Digital News Network, said, "The self-claimed Pakistani hacker group, Revolution PK, briefly hacked Time8 YouTube channel during the live stream and replaced the news broadcast with the Pakistani flag and ran 'Respect Holy Prophet' tickers. This is an act of cyberterrorism, and we condemn the incident in the strongest words and also express our concern over the matter, which relates to national security."

"It was found that hackers not only intended to illegally express their religious views on the channel but also intended to defame the channel and India as they leaked the hacked part of videos on Twitter and Facebook and Pakistani Twitter users expressed their joy by tweeting in favour of Revolution PK and lauding them for hacking our channel TIME8," Mr Kanta said.

Time8 said the network has alerted authorities and filed a complaint with the Guwahati police. The complaint is currently being investigated.

Former BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma and another leader, Naveen Kumar Jindal, had triggered a major backlash over their controversial comments last month about the Prophet that also angered several Muslim countries.

While Ms Sharma was suspended for six months, Mr Jindal was expelled by the BJP over the remarks. The Indian government said the comments, which came from two spokespersons of India's ruling party, represented views of "fringe elements".

Protests and clashes have taken place in several cities across India against the remarks.

NDTV

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Spoke to OIC SG HE Hissein Brahim Taha on the totally unacceptable and condemnable remarks by Indian BJP officials towards the Holy Prophet PBUH. Shared concerns on rising Islamophobia and persecution of Muslims in India and the need to address that through collective efforts.</p>— BilawalBhuttoZardari (@BBhuttoZardari) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBhuttoZardari/status/1535973938492231680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 12, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Prayagraj: The main accused in Prayagraj violence, Javed Mohammed, had illegal weapons and objectionable posters at his home, the Uttar Pradesh police have claimed. A search was conducted at his house before this morning's demolition, the police said.

Here are the Top 10 points in this big story:

"We have found a 12 bore illegal pistol and a 315 bore pistol and cartridges and some documents that show objectionable comments against the honourable court," said Ajay Kumar, the Senior Superintendent of Police, Prayagraj.

The house of Javed Mohammed – a leader with the Welfare Party of India -- was razed this afternoon.

The action came hours after a notice was stuck outside his house, claiming illegal construction in the ground and first floors. The notice also claimed that he had failed to reply to a demolition order sent to him in May.

Bulldozers were used in Saharanpur yesterday, where the homes of two accused were razed. Demolitions were also carried out in Kanpur, where violent clashes and stone-throwing took place on June 3 over the same issue.

Sanjay Khatri, the District Magistrate of Prayagraj, claimed the demolition was part of a "normal process".

"The administration acts regularly against illegal constructions… There is a set procedure including giving a notice and in this matter of Mohd Javed too we followed the procedure," Mr Khatri said.

A group of lawyers have written to the Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court, claiming the demolition of Javed Mohammed's house was illegal.

The house was in the name of his wife and the family did not receive and notice about illegal construction, they wrote.
Senior state police officer Prashant Kumar has said that in cases of property destruction during Friday's protests, properties of perpetrators will be attached by the state under a 2020 law. Three tribunals have been opened in Lucknow, Prayagraj and Meerut to look into the issue.

Massive protests were held parts of Uttar Pradesh after Friday prayers over the derogatory remarks on Prophet Muhammad by suspended BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma. The remarks drew backlash from around 15 Islamic nations. The government said the remarks were the views of "fringe elements".

NDTV

Hope Indian Muslims stay safe inshAllah.

Looks like perilous days are coming.

They made their point initially. If the people protesting continue with their current ways, it's just a matter of time before they start getting shot dead. That's just the reality. Police are human beings first and not robots. At some point there will be a response like has been already in a few places. Shoot orders come from the top but brutal thrashings are always an option. Unfortunately, the way this has always worked in India is that it will be some random guy walking who gets the thrashing or shot so long as he looks like he belongs to the group that's turned violent.

They made their point initially. If the people protesting continue with their current ways, it's just a matter of time before they start getting shot dead. That's just the reality. Police are human beings first and not robots. At some point there will be a response like has been already in a few places. Shoot orders come from the top but brutal thrashings are always an option. Unfortunately, the way this has always worked in India is that it will be some random guy walking who gets the thrashing or shot so long as he looks like he belongs to the group that's turned violent.

Is this some new policy in India?

The house of an alleged leader of the riots, whose daughter is a female Muslim rights activist, was demolished amid a heavy police presence on Sunday. Properties of two more people accused of throwing stones after Friday prayers were also demolished in the state.

Mrityunjay Kumar, Adityanath’s media adviser, tweeted a photo of a bulldozer demolishing a building and said: “Unruly elements remember, every Friday is followed by a Saturday.”

Opposition leaders said Adityanath’s government was pursuing unconstitutional tactics to silence protesters.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...e-demolish-muslim-homes-riots-prophet-remarks

RSS government now demoloshing houses. Do these clowns not understand this is immoral and collective punishment, others live in the houses too.

I dont blame people rioting against this backward extremist government, by any means neccessary.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...e-demolish-muslim-homes-riots-prophet-remarks

RSS government now demoloshing houses. Do these clowns not understand this is immoral and collective punishment, others live in the houses too.

I dont blame people rioting against this backward extremist government, by any means neccessary.

PTI06_12_2022_000092B_1200x768.jpeg

Link: https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...graj-clashes-uttar-pradesh-1961566-2022-06-12

Ok good try to move discussion to Pakistan.

Not happening on this thread.

Everything is being done within the law. I am sure these paid goons will learn their lesson and won’t ever dare to get involved in the anti-national activities. Good times ahead.

This is a slippery slope tho.

I don't mind them shooting violent protestors in the knee or whatever....

But to demolish houses....it sets a dangerous precedent.

Today they will be doing it.

Tomorrow if SP comes and does it, they will be the ones crying about it.

Its a vicious cycle.

Pathetic from Bisht but the pest is known for this kind of behaviour so nothing surprises me about that pest.

Looks like there is no law and order left in sanghi ruled states and judiciary there is just a mute spectator to their misdeeds.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The demolition of <a href="https://twitter.com/AfreenFatima136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AfreenFatima136</a>'s house y'day was carried out with forged back-dated demolition notices & was an entirely illegal act by UP govt.<br><br>Have asked DM Prayagraj to furnish all related papers.<br><br>If not punished in courts, this will never stop. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StandWithAfreenFatima?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#StandWithAfreenFatima</a> <a href="https://t.co/GhvBa7MA6t">pic.twitter.com/GhvBa7MA6t</a></p>— Saket Gokhale (@SaketGokhale) <a href="https://twitter.com/SaketGokhale/status/1536185471403200512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 13, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol frauds.

This is a slippery slope tho.

I don't mind them shooting violent protestors in the knee or whatever....

But to demolish houses....it sets a dangerous precedent.

Today they will be doing it.

Tomorrow if SP comes and does it, they will be the ones crying about it.

Its a vicious cycle.

I'm neither for nor against shooting violent protestors. It's just the inevitable reality. Though must say, I have only a tiny amount of tolerance for anyone protesting on behalf of their religion :warner

Bisht thinks he's come up with a foolproof idea with this demolition thing. The reality of India is the flouting of laws. Even in cities, it is almost impossible to build a house that 100% follows all existing laws and by-laws. And even if you do, you will discover that your neighbor has flouted rules and either already encroached on your site or you following the rules to the T will ensure you lose 10 feet :srt

So in this scenario, the government can pretty much always demolish anyone's place when they choose. The problem with this is: depending on which side you support, it's entertaining and enjoyable. Like I enjoyed it when the Sena demolished Kangana's spanking new office. It takes a while to realize that, it's just a matter of time before you run afoul of something and become the next target.

This is the BJP way. I'm not sure if the ED and other offices/institutions were put to such misuse, ever, in Indian history. The same above principle applies here too. Every single Indian politician has at some point indulged in something that can be deemed illegal. What a beautiful weapon to have to bully anyone, anytime. To cross-vote or to just force jumping party into the BJP.

All this is ok right now for the BJP-supporting Hindu, but this principle when applied at a grander level will leave every single Hindu unsure and insecure in the future. Am I Hindu enough? They will then dictate to you what you can and cannot do, if you don't want to be othered.

Nupur Sharma should be forgiven as per Islam, says Jamaat Ulama-e-Hind, disagrees with riots

Amid the ongoing controversy and nationwide protests over alleged objectionable remarks on Prophet Mohammad, Jamaat Ulama-e-Hind president Suhaib Qasmi on Sunday said that suspended BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma should be forgiven as per Islam.

Addressing a press conference in Delhi, Qasmi said that the organisation of Muslim scholars disagreed with the nationwide protests in wake of her remarks, saying “we are not going to take the law into our hands.”

“Islam says Nupur Sharma should be forgiven. We disagree with the protest that started across the country after Friday prayers against Nupur Sharma and her derogatory remarks,” Qasmi said.

Jamaat Ulama-e-Hind also welcomed the decision of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to suspend Sharma.

“We are welcoming the decision of the law because India is the law of the land and we are not going to take the law into our hands. The law does not allow to come on the road and break the rule,” he told reporters in the national capital.

The organization has also decided to issue a ‘fatwa’ urging people not to support any kind of violence in connection with Sharma and her remarks on the Prophet.

“The fatwa will come against Asaduddin Owaisi and Mohammad Madani,” the Jamaat said.

It also appealed to the government to conduct a probe against several Muslim organizations and their funding, adding that it will not allow other Muslim organizations to incite violence.

A row has been erupted after the alleged controversial remarks against the Prophet by Sharma, who was later suspended from the party’s primary membership.

Various parts of the country witnessed protests and incidents of violence after Sharma commented on the prophet’s private life during a heated TV debate that Muslims found insulting. In Jharkhand’s Ranchi, two people died during the violent protest.

Many Muslim-majority countries have also condemned India over Sharma’s inflammatory remarks.

Link: https://www.timesnownews.com/india/...sagrees-with-nationwide-stir-article-92163107

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/news/expats-who-took-part-in-fahaheel-protest-to-be-deported/

I am guessing most would be Pakistanis, Bdeshis and Indians. But hey they sacrificed themselves for the sake of religion.

So much for these Arab leaders to be protesting themselves. So they are allowed to make statements but the people can't protest. I guess they are afaid that the common man could start protesting against Arab leaders themselves. These people are sick.

With this government we are going to move 5 steps forward and 50 steps backward. Things were so much better before Modi became PM. All we see nowadays is just hindu vs muslim discussions on news channels. Absolutely no focus on development. :inti

:)) effigies like Syria. You are a bigot.

Never seen an effigy in India before?

You guys were burning effigies of a teenage girl ( Greta Thurnberg) last year.

But when a Muslim allegedly does it then its....unIndian behaviour.

Haha sanghis are so dramatic. We have seen so many effigy burning of Sachin, Sehwag, Balaji, Kholi etc whenever India loses a match. How Mr joshila linked effigy burning to Syrian hanging is absolutely hilarious 🤣. Every Indian protest you see them chappling, hanging and burning the effigy. These folks try to pretend they are from the civil world but we know their reality. We have seen Hinduva rally against Muslim with swords and guns and that looks exactly like a terrorist gang get together, but alas there won't be any word on it from them.

It's good to see Muslims there growing a spine instead of being treated like insects and being ridiculed everywhere be it Indian government, media, bollywood, extremist sanghi/bakthi anti-Muslim rallies etc.

Its also great to see how quickly BJP bent over backwards for its Muslim akka Gulf nations 🤣. They can only avenge Muslim Moghul rule on helpless Indian Muslim and Muslims of illegally occupied Kashmir IOK, while in international arena their phattoness has been so visible and comical.

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/news/expats-who-took-part-in-fahaheel-protest-to-be-deported/

I am guessing most would be Pakistanis, Bdeshis and Indians. But hey they sacrificed themselves for the sake of religion.

This is always the case, they don't allow any sort of demonstration against anyone and keep it only at the government level so nothing wrong with that. At least it's better than Hinduva getting together and destroying mosques, Muslim properties and slicing innocent people based on their religion.

With this government we are going to move 5 steps forward and 50 steps backward. Things were so much better before Modi became PM. All we see nowadays is just hindu vs muslim discussions on news channels. Absolutely no focus on development. :inti

And on here! 😂

But hey, if it gets you votes to the detriment of development, why not make hay while the sun shines.

I don't see the point in people protesting in Kuwait as they aren't citizens anyway.

There is massive deportations going on in Kuwait atm and they have bundled in a few demonstrators to stop anyone else getting ideas.

This is always the case, they don't allow any sort of demonstration against anyone and keep it only at the government level so nothing wrong with that. At least it's better than Hinduva getting together and destroying mosques, Muslim properties and slicing innocent people based on their religion.

Not a fan of Gulf countries strict censorship laws generally, but when you look at the state of the subcontinent where these things always get out of hand, it's maybe the right way to go.

Seems like the Indians are taking a leaf out of the Israelis playbook by bulldozing homes same as the Israelis do with Palestinian homes.

Good decision.

Good for them but now picture this:

These people are probably blue collar or middle class workers and they have risked everything like their jobs, sending money to families etc for a religious protest in some of the strictest countries in the world.

Now all these people will be up-employed in their Home Countries with more leeway to create nuisance. Not to forget the remittance money lost.

Arab countries have cleared this nuisance now it’s our problem (Pakistan and Bangladesh included)

Illegal homes

Depends who you ask doesn't it? According to Saket Gokhale it is the demolition that is illegal. Regardless of legality it's a disgusting practice anyway. You don't just demolish a house when you do this, you are defacing the entire locality.

Depends who you ask doesn't it? According to Saket Gokhale it is the demolition that is illegal. Regardless of legality it's a disgusting practice anyway. You don't just demolish a house when you do this, you are defacing the entire locality.

You can’t barge in and demolish a house 🏠 n your whims and fancies even if you are a government with an agenda . There are prior notices, legal disputes etc surrounding those properties preceding Yogi, Modi or even going back to early 20th century.

Indian Muslim groups urge followers to shun protests over blasphemous comments

NEW DELHI: Leaders of prominent Islamic groups and mosques in India appealed to fellow Muslims on Monday to suspend plans for protests against derogatory remarks about the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) made by two members of the ruling Hindu-nationalist party.

The message to avoid big gatherings was circulated after demonstrations took a violent turn last week, leading to the death of two Muslim teenagers and the wounding of more than 30 people, including the police.

"It is the duty of every Muslim to stand together when anyone belittles Islam but at the same time it is critical to maintaining peace," said Malik Aslam, a senior member of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, a Muslim organisation that operates in several Indian states.

Early this month, two senior members of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) made blasphemous remarks that offended Muslims. A party spokeswoman made the offending comment in a television debate and a party spokesman on social media.

The BJP 'suspended' both of them and said it denounced any insult towards any religion, and police have also filed cases against the two.

Police arrested at least 400 suspected rioters during unrest in several states and curfews were imposed and internet services were suspended in some places.

Many Muslims in India have been questioning their place in society since Modi came to power in 2014. Critics say Modi's BJP has pursued a confrontational line, promoting the idea that India is a Hindu nation and rounded on "anti-national" opponents, which many Muslims see as an attempt to marginalise them, a community that makes up 13% of India's billion-plus population.

Authorities in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh on Sunday demolished the home of a Muslim man linked to the protests, drawing the condemnation of constitutional experts and rights groups.

Muslims and rights groups interpreted the destruction of the house as punishment for the protests but state authorities said it was because it was illegally built on public land.

"We are not demolishing houses to stop Muslims from protesting as they have all the right to take to the streets," an aide to the state's hardline Hindu leader told Reuters.

Modi has not commented on the anti-Islam remarks that sparked the protests even as condemnation grew abroad.

Countries including Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Oman and Iran, important trade partners for India, have lodged diplomatic protests.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/236135...rs-to-shun-protests-over-blasphemous-comments

Okay, so you just barge in and demolish a house without any due legal process.

Just another day in the fantasy world of BJP.

How do you know notices were not given or there were pending cases pre-existing BJP.

Sure they might be expedited now for political motive but no one can just go and demolish someone’s home randomly even if you are prime minister. That’s how it works.

Unless it is your house and you have proof that it was done illegally you are speculating. Let me know if that is the case and I will stand up for you personally.

You can’t barge in and demolish a house &#55356;&#57312; n your whims and fancies even if you are a government with an agenda . There are prior notices, legal disputes etc surrounding those properties preceding Yogi, Modi or even going back to early 20th century.

Aesthetically speaking, if 80% of the buildings in India were demolished it would probably improve the look of the country. Personally though I think it's a poor policy unless it's actually done for aesthetic reasons.

Imagine if Bisht demolishes his own house by mistake one day lol.

Imagine if Bisht demolishes his own house by mistake one day lol.

He lives in a temple, so unless there is a mughal era artifact found once he moves on to bigger things like Home minister or PM, maybe the opposition (if they win) can try that. Hope your dreams come true.

He lives in a temple, so unless there is a mughal era artifact found once he moves on to bigger things like Home minister or PM, maybe the opposition (if they win) can try that. Hope your dreams come true.

I don't think he will be PM. I don't think he has many fans within the BJP - even Modi's PR team uses him as a scare tactic to make his own reign look calm when fictionally comparing it to Yogi's future reign - from the social perspective.

Also if he lives in a temple, it's just to earn brownie points from the gullible masses. He's a bigger scamster than Ramdev or Jaggi put together.

I don't think he will be PM. I don't think he has many fans within the BJP - even Modi's PR team uses him as a scare tactic to make his own reign look calm when fictionally comparing it to Yogi's future reign - from the social perspective.

Who cares. up’s biggest problem is law and order. People from UP and Bihar are some of the hardest working people as long as they are out of their state but they are also the most indisciplined (sorry for the generalization but based on my observation spending a couple of years in Bihar in my childhood) and careless in their own state.

Yogi ji has handled the law and order like a champ and that’s why the resounding wins. Hindu-Muslim take you far but don’t always get you over the finish line. Stop reading news and social media that fits your narrative and DYOR.

I don’t want to monkey balance here to find flaws but sure his image as a radical Hindu monk and some of the semantics around it has its disadvantages. Overall the guy is one of the best things to happen to UP. All he needs is a decent line up of next tier leaders which Modi always had be it in centre or in Gujarat..

Back