Bollywood's Plagiarism of Pakistani Music

Get over yourself.. Indian film industry copies from everywhere :p

Unless a country starts filing official protest in courts, i dont think these so called 'Inspirations' will stop.

who cares .. not even pakistanis, otherwise they would not be such faithful consumers of bollywood movies and music, plagiarised or not. bollywood pretty much copies from everyone but sometimes they make the copies sound better than the original( i am looking at you pritam :)) )

in terms of sheer musical talent, not too many singers in the world can match kishore rafi sonu asha lata shreya etc for playback in movies.

Well, playback simgers is all what india HAD. Not even the songs are your own. Im saying had because now Rahat, Atif, Adnan, Shafqat etc have taken over that department.

Last edited:
Well, playback simgers is all what india HAD. Not even the songs are your own. Im saying had because now Rahat, Atif, Adnan, Shafqat etc have taken over that department.

not sure about that. of course the pak singers are great but they have'nt taken over bollywood playback singing, plenty of amazing home grown talent still , just watch any of the music based reality shows.

not a surprise really most of the good bollywood songs are copied from pakistan and most of their movies are copied from hollywood

not sure about that. of course the pak singers are great but they have'nt taken over bollywood playback singing, plenty of amazing home grown talent still , just watch any of the music based reality shows.

But that so called home grown talent only sings in reality show, even tough i don't watch much bollywood movies i am still aware of the fact that Atif Aslam and RFAK are two most popular play back singers in the industry right now

did a quick youtube search and found this one of the home grown indian talent Raja Hasan whining about how Indian producers ignore them and give Pakistani singers the songs in their movies which proves my point that Pakistani singers are more popular in India than their own singers which is why Indian produces opt for them instead of their own "talent"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UAxfOmoGU1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But that so called home grown talent only sings in reality show, even tough i don't watch much bollywood movies i am still aware of the fact that Atif Aslam and RFAK are two most popular play back singers in the industry right now

but how many songs do Atif , RFAK and shafqat sing per year- maybe 10 tops... bollywood makes 150 movies a year so the vast majority of hindi playback singing is by indian singers, and they are pretty good. yes the pak singers are really good in the sufi type songs but have'nt seen too many other type of songs sung by them.

but how many songs do Atif , RFAK and shafqat sing per year- maybe 10 tops... bollywood makes 150 movies a year so the vast majority of hindi playback singing is by indian singers, and they are pretty good. yes the pak singers are really good in the sufi type songs but have'nt seen too many other type of songs sung by them.

My point isn't who sings more, my point is that the Pakistani singers and their songs are more popular in Indian than indian singers and their songs. IIRC recently most of the popular songs in bollywood have been by Pakistani singers and i believe(though i might be wrong) that one of the pakistani singers won the award this year for the playback singer of the year in some indian award show

Last edited:
did a quick youtube search and found this one of the home grown indian talent Raja Hasan whining about how Indian producers ignore them and give Pakistani singers the songs in their movies which proves my point that Pakistani singers are more popular in India than their own singers which is why Indian produces opt for them instead of their own "talent"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UAxfOmoGU1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

so raja hasan is now representative of all indian emerging talent?

in any case raja sings in the sufi genre so it makes sense that he competes with pak singers.

believe me bollywood was doing well musically before the pak singers and will continue to do well after them.. infact the pak singers want to sing in india since it gives them more exposure/money.. it works both ways.

My point isn't who sings more, my point is that the Pakistani singers and their songs are more popular in Indian than indian singers and their songs. IIRC recently most of the popular songs in bollywood have been by Pakistani singers and i believe(though i might be wrong) that one of the pakistani singers won an award this year for the playback singer of the year in some indian award show

thats your perception..

yes songs by pak singers are popular

but songs by indian singers are also popular

it is not an either/or situation

Apparently AR Rehman stole this song

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UoFGgEiROa8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UoFGgEiROa8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

from this

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JeUNwjLUyhs?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JeUNwjLUyhs?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Wait...did you mean they copied the tune (because it doesn't sound like a total rip-off to me) or the song title/opening lyrics?

katiya karoon is a popular punjabi folksong which has been covered by many artists, so not plagiarism technically

Indians are the biggest copy-cats.Numerous Pakistanis songs have been copied by Bollywood.

That is a lot of songs lol. But really who cares, I don't mind it. Maybe they pay the original singers before it's put into bollywood movies.

u know i am sure if we would try then we can also find songs copied by Pakistani film industry from Indian film industry but then we wouldnt be dammed to watch even one pakistani film cause they look absolutely horrible plus ur film industry is pretty much dead so why beat a dead horse.

though i would have loved to see reema khan play opposite to shahrukh or salman.alas! what a waste of beauty and talent has been done.

u know i am sure if we would try then we can also find songs copied by Pakistani film industry from Indian film industry but then we wouldnt be dammed to watch even one pakistani film cause they look absolutely horrible plus ur film industry is pretty much dead so why beat a dead horse.

though i would have loved to see reema khan play opposite to shahrukh or salman.alas! what a waste of beauty and talent has been done.
Who is reema ?

Anyway, you got Veena from across the border. Shes thes mosts beautifuls girls.

Who is reema ?

Anyway, you got Veena from across the border. Shes thes mosts beautifuls girls.

veena toh reema ki jutti ke barabar nahi hai.google her, in her heydays she was da bomb. beautiful voluptuous women. now her looks shifts between milfy to tranny depending on the makeup.naturally beautiful women, overusing everything.

Last edited:
Most of them sell there albums to them, or get a good amount of money for there song to be played in Bollywood.

And if India was plagirising our songs then the producer could take them to court if they want.

Lols at some of the excuses.

It has never been a question of india paying for ALL these songs to Pakistan. It is all stealing and utter stealing Pakistani tunes.

If you hate us, dont copy us. If you copy us dont hate us and give credit to your daddy. It´s not rocket science.

Indians are the biggest copy-cats.Numerous Pakistanis songs have been copied by Bollywood.

Your location is Hong Kong..
and yet calling Indians the biggest copy cat is a strict no.

If u are saying that abt the phillum industry, then yes. :kapil

If you hate us, dont copy us. If you copy us dont hate us and give credit..

You guys return the favor by hosting the songs on pakistani sites for downloads.
Other than that, downloaded movies should make the likes of you less bitter..?

who cares .. not even pakistanis, otherwise they would not be such faithful consumers of bollywood movies and music, plagiarised or not. bollywood pretty much copies from everyone but sometimes they make the copies sound better than the original( i am looking at you pritam :)) )

in terms of sheer musical talent, not too many singers in the world can match kishore rafi sonu asha lata shreya etc for playback in movies.

You cannot trivilize and dismiss serious copy right infringement and IP theft with that lax attitude...

These are traditional songs, Chala/Jugni/Munni/Katia Karu etc are shared heritage, centuries old songs.

Its not exclusive to Pakistan , Music Directors here have been copying stuff since 50's.
If you don't believe me check this.
http://www.itwofs.com/

In Bollywood they only have two options Urdu and Punjabi. So it doesn't surprise me they have copied so many Pakistani songs. Bollywood movies dialogues are in urdu unless the character is criminal then he will speak like proper hindi/tapoori language.

Bollywood movies dialogues are in urdu unless the character is criminal then he will speak like proper hindi/tapoori language.

they are not even in proper urdu, they are in hindustani. parent language of hindi and urdu or some think it as a mix of them.

this has been discussed to death :facepalm:

yes they copy it because our music is much better and original because our artists take time to make music , unlike bollywood who have to churn out 4-5 movies every week with 5 songs each .

but are we not doing the same copying their films , their news tv anchors , their dance and other reality shows even using Hindi words .

they are not even in proper urdu, they are in hindustani. parent language of hindi and urdu or some think it as a mix of them.

If you want to listen to Hindi then turn on Indian news channel. Otherwise in Bollywood its Urdu/English mix and in case character is of crimnal background then hindi/tapoori.

If you want to listen to Hindi then turn on Indian news channel. Otherwise in Bollywood its Urdu/English mix and in case character is of crimnal background then hindi/tapoori.

lol seriously dude, u r a pakistani, u were never formally taught hindi. dont act like as if u are an expert on Indian languages. yep, urdu is a indian languge too,Pakistan didnt invented in 1947. in films they speak hindi/urdu/english,

go watch movie like "jodha akbar".jhodha speak proper hindi and akbar speaks proper urdu, u think in every indian film hero speak urdu like that?

if they really started speaking urdu in indian films then 90% of the dialogue will fly above peoples head. thats why nobody watches Pakistani film in india, too much urdu :akhtar

yep , bollywood movies/songs are hindustani( mix urdu hindi)
hindi tv channels are shudh hindi mixed with some colloqial urdu words
pak urdu channels are pure urdu - which is different from the language used in bollywood

criminal background does not make one spout forth shudh hindi in bollywood, infact that would be hilarious.
tapori language is specific to bombay , not to criminal elements only but the uneducated class.

lol seriously dude, u r a pakistani, u were never formally taught hindi. dont act like as if u are an expert on Indian languages. yep, urdu is a indian languge too,Pakistan didnt invented in 1947. in films they speak hindi/urdu/english,

go watch movie like "jodha akbar".jhodha speak proper hindi and akbar speaks proper urdu, u think in every indian film hero speak urdu like that?

if they really started speaking urdu in indian films then 90% of the dialogue will fly above peoples head. thats why nobody watches Pakistani film in india, too much urdu :akhtar

They speak urdu in movies the same kind of urdu which is spoken in Pakistani dramas or movies. Thats why Bollywood films are so popular in Pakistan.

When they speak in Bollywood movies their accent is completely different from normal Indians and similar to the way normal Pakistanis speak in urdu. Why is that? Or you have no idea of what you are talking about?

Last edited:
the urdu in pak movies/dramas is higher level urdu than bollywood for sure..bollywood is very basic urdu which is part of the day to day language people speak in north india( hindustani)

there is no normal indian accent for hindi- it is going to vary from state to state, people from UP/bihar/punjab/delhi/bombay/south/bengal will speak it very differently with different accents. one can usually tell which state people are from by the accent they speak in . the UP hindi accent may be very similar to the accent in karachi and the punjabi accented hindi spoken in north india is very similar to what is spoken in pakistani punjab.

They speak urdu in movies the same kind of urdu which is spoken in Pakistani dramas or movies. Thats why Bollywood films are so popular in Pakistan.

When they speak in Bollywood movies their accent is completely different from normal Indians and similar to the way normal Pakistanis speak in urdu. Why is that? Or you have no idea of what you are talking about?

i not only have idea but i also have a degree in Indian history and languages. ur complete lack of knowledge quite apparent by ur use of words like "normal Indians" ??now WTH is that?? u think Punjabi Indian and Bengali Indian have same accent??. u think mohair who migrated from middle of the india will have different accent from the Muslim still living there?? u think in 64 years Pakistan developed a completely different Urdu accent and we are copying it without knowing?? u sir have no clue.

pakistan has some 80 languages and india has 427. every language gives a different accent to its native speaker. there is no such thing as normal indian or Pakistani. words like these alienate ppl. no wonder Bengali didn't wanted to live with u guys.

Last edited:
Open another thread:

Pakistani habit of watching our movies,TV shows & listening to our music D/N.LOL

:yk:yk

Urdu is an Indian language,it was being spoken before 1947.

Guess,someone stole one of the Indian languages at the time of partition.:23:

i not only have idea but i also have a degree in Indian history and languages. ur complete lack of knowledge quite apparent by ur use of words like "normal Indians" ??now WTH is that?? u think Punjabi Indian and Bengali Indian have same accent??. u think mohair who migrated from middle of the india will have different accent from the Muslim still living there?? u think in 64 years Pakistan developed a completely different Urdu accent and we are copying it without knowing?? u sir have no clue.

pakistan has some 80 languages and india has 427. every language gives a different accent to its native speaker. there is no such thing as normal indian or Pakistani. words like these alienate ppl. no wonder Bengali didn't wanted to live with u guys.

:)) He's Indian.

Eh? This shows you got your degree in BS.

Those indians suggesting that the language spoken in bolly movies is hindustani. Well, that is something i´ve never heard of. How come the media and the actors themselves call it "hindi movies"? It is for sure NOT hindi in the movies. They try to speak urdu. The songs are always in urdu with sometimes some odd word in hindi.

The one that has me in stitches is when Bollywood movies attempt to pull off Punjabi.

Cringe-worthy.

Let me put it in a simpler terms,

Bollywood songs are mostly in Urdu and their dialogues are in Hindi.
And i dont understand both the languages :23:

That´s why india copy all our urdu/punjabi songs. ALL OF THEM.

:)))

infact india was copying ALL SONGS from pakistan , ALL OF THEM not just urdu/punjabi..it was copying songs from pakistan even before there was a pakistan.

india is going to stop copying pakistani songs when and only when the vast majority of pakistani awam develop the taste to stop preferring OUR plagiarised music and movies and going crazy on OUR superstars .
Can't see the pak janta preferring your original content to our copied content anytime soon though :))

infact india was copying ALL SONGS from pakistan , ALL OF THEM not just urdu/punjabi..it was copying songs from pakistan even before there was a pakistan.

india is going to stop copying pakistani songs when and only when the vast majority of pakistani awam develop the taste to stop preferring OUR plagiarised music and movies and going crazy on OUR superstars .
Can't see the pak janta preferring your original content to our copied content anytime soon though :))

You are surely living in a dream world. Have you ever been to Pakistan or are you talking on behalf of pakistani awam by some random pakistani guy you passed by?

First of all, stick to the topic.

Yes India do copy each and every song Pakistan has produced. Have you even watched the videos above? Or does that hurt your ego?
LOL at some copies india´s made. "gaae tujhe sara jahaan, dil dil hindustan" instead of Dil Dil Paksitan. Original is always the best. India have riuned some great songs and sufi kalaams sung by our Greats like Ustad NFAK, Abida Parveen, Noor Jehan, Ghulam Ali, Ustad Mehdi Hassan etc. Just click play on the videos above and you will understand. Just feel free to enter the reality, outside your comfort zone.

capital NOT that u used, is incorrect, if u think that hindi films sound like urdu and not hindi then maybe ur confusing formal hindi to Hindustani .its kinda mix of both,for example

ye vastar atayant uttam haim < formal hindi

ye libaass bahut ummda hain< probably formal urdu

ye kapde bahut ache hain < hindustani, or normal Hindi we speak.

difference is all in the words,its just random use of hindi ,urdu words makes language Hindustani, or normal hindi which we speak. formal hindi an formal urdu is too tough for majority of ppl ,but ppl of different linguist background do engage in day to day life so that why everybody speak this mixed sort of language which may sound urdu to u. and this is the languguge they use in films.

One libaas. Several Malbusaat. Come after you have learned some more urdu. Till then, Fi amaan Allah.

One libaas. Several Malbusaat. Come after you have learned some more urdu. Till then, Fi amaan Allah.

yeah ok whats this mabussat? i dont know it but since they speak urdu in hindi films sharukh might say this word some day. plz tell its meaning oh enlighted onel lol

and what this "Fi amaan Allah" ? u better not be cursing me with ur Bollywood urdu.

Last edited:
As I said. One libaas, several malbusaat. Like one kapda several kapde. Indians try to speak urdu just like you did but failed.
Another epic fail I´ve noticed in your "hindustani" movies is the word "nakamyaab" There is no such word in urdu. It´s either kamyaab (successfull) or nakaam (unsuccessfull). Not "nakamyaab" LOL

You are surely living in a dream world. Have you ever been to Pakistan or are you talking on behalf of pakistani awam by some random pakistani guy you passed by?

First of all, stick to the topic.

Yes India do copy each and every song Pakistan has produced. Have you even watched the videos above? Or does that hurt your ego?
LOL at some copies india´s made. "gaae tujhe sara jahaan, dil dil hindustan" instead of Dil Dil Paksitan. Original is always the best. India have riuned some great songs and sufi kalaams sung by our Greats like Ustad NFAK, Abida Parveen, Noor Jehan, Ghulam Ali, Ustad Mehdi Hassan etc. Just click play on the videos above and you will understand. Just feel free to enter the reality, outside your comfort zone.

infact it is you living in a delusional world where all the talent in indian movies is from pakistan :))), its hard to take anyone with that mentality seriously

and yes the craze amongst pakistani's for all things bollywood is a reality, i know its a hard fact to swallow for rabid india haters,and pakistani women are even fans of indian saas bahu serials!

sure we have all accepted on this thread that bollywood is an equal opportunity plagiariser but u know what- STOP watching the copies if it bothers you that much, that or file a law suit, quit the "i watch and then i whinge" act!

infact it is you living in a delusional world where all the talent in indian movies is from pakistan :))), its hard to take anyone with that mentality seriously

and yes the craze amongst pakistani's for all things bollywood is a reality, i know its a hard fact to swallow for rabid india haters,and pakistani women are even fans of indian saas bahu serials!

sure we have all accepted on this thread that bollywood is an equal opportunity plagiariser but u know what- STOP watching the copies if it bothers you that much, that or file a law suit, quit the "i watch and then i whinge" act!

The thing is dear indians that first you copy all our songs and then you can´t stand us.

Here are some jealous acts:

Forward to 2:55
[utube]5qN07bVj7NM[/utube]

[utube]BsOE5giTPl4&feature=related[/utube]

[utube]YD08bRf40Sk&feature=related[/utube]

[utube]7V-6pItdkbA&feature=related[/utube]

Who are the whiners now??
Offcourse you have to know the songs that you are going to copy. So, the real followers are the indians of pakistani music. From old to new, bhangra to pop, qawali to sufi. Indians listen to all of our music and like them so much that they have to copy them.

As I said. One libaas, several malbusaat. Like one kapda several kapde. Indians try to speak urdu just like you did but failed.
Another epic fail I´ve noticed in your "hindustani" movies is the word "nakamyaab" There is no such word in urdu. It´s either kamyaab (successfull) or nakaam (unsuccessfull). Not "nakamyaab" LOL

well, lol either Bollywood dont know urdu or pakistani dont know it.

and to i used libass in context of whole set of a suit, like salwar kameez or coat pant, if someone was wearing salwar kamee you dont say "acha kapda pehna hai", you say ache "kapde pehne hai". if any i failed in translating not in speakin.

chunache main aftab iqbal ka bahut bada mureed hoon main unke urdu adab aur talafuss durusst karane wale segment ko khsoosi taur par dekhta hoon. issliye ik gairmulki shksh ka meri urdu par iljaamtarshi mujhe nihayat hi nagawar gujhri hai. :wahab

yeah, neither do we speak like this long lost children of arab and persian nor do they in bollywood films.

well, lol either Bollywood dont know urdu or pakistani dont know it.

and to i used libass in context of whole set of a suit, like salwar kameez or coat pant, if someone was wearing salwar kamee you dont say "acha kapda pehna hai", you say ache "kapde pehne hai". if any i failed in translating not in speakin.

chunache main aftab iqbal ka bahut bada mureed hoon main unke urdu adab aur talafuss durusst karane wale segment ko khsoosi taur par dekhta hoon. issliye ik gairmulki shksh ka meri urdu par iljaamtarshi mujhe nihayat hi nagawar gujhri hai. :wahab

yeah, neither do we speak like this long lost children of arab and persian nor do they in bollywood films.

Aapka talafuss to bohot burra he. Bilkul bhartiyon jaisa. "Iljaam" nehi hota ilzaam hota he. "Gujri" nehi hota guzri hota he. Shayad aapke keyboard mein z nehi he, ya aapne sehi tarha urdu abhi tak nehi seekhi.
phirse urdu bolne mein "nakmyaab" haha

so what? lollywood can copy bollywood/hollywood movies. but we keep producing same garbage again again

Can't see the pak janta preferring your original content to our copied content anytime soon though
:))

How does that make any sense? So India will stop copying our songs once Pakistanis stop watching bollywood? How will that make your music directors from plagiarizing our music?

Lol at your ignorance. I think you are the one whose delusional here. Pakistanis do not prefer Bollywood songs over their own songs, lol. From where did you get this from? Pakistan has much more musical talent than India lol. And the music channels there barely show any Indian music (maybe shiela ki jawani here and there).

As far as I know, Pakistanis do not go 'crazy' over your Bollywood actors (like you are making it out to be in this thread) Barring the 3 khans and Katrina, no body gives a rat's ass about your actors tbh. Yes bollywood movies are quite popular there, but thats only because of Lollywood producing low quality movies (this trend is changing now btw).

And lol at the "Pakistanis go crazy over our drama serials" post in this thread. Tbh, they are actually made fun of in Pakistan as far as I know. Just like our musical talents (and fastbowlers :kapil), Pakistani dramas are way more popular there than your tyical saas bahu BS.

Last edited:
Nice post SAF.

Pakistani music + TV dramas are lightyears ahead of Indian productions.

Source: My own experience.

I would say Pakistani music (personally speaking) is the best in the world tbh, and I would rank music produced by British artists next in line.

So I guess I understand the need for plagiarism by some :yk

^as much as I'm patriotic, nothing can beat British music. :p

But Pakistan's music is damn good too, the indie scene is really innovative & vibrant... to give an example, that's a song I uploaded on Youtube yesterday, Islamabad-based rock band Fables of Cantt, bought their album :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znyp6pbYtSo

If only Indians could copy that kind of our music. :D

And our dramas, well, if they're of better quality, it's because we get inspiration from our literature, whereas Indians just put different models in the same old story of saas-bahu, again & again, without being much 'social'.

Last edited:
:)) :))

It always annoys how ppl frame Bollywood = Indian film industry

Wat do u guys know abt India? huh?

nothing ,only thing you guys know is bollywood......
I guess South is way better than bolly movies and even in the musical scene if there are no singers in bollywood doesnt mean there is no singing talent in India

Dude, the rights have been taken !! Its like KJO paying homage to song he likes!!! They have even retained original voice for "Disco diwaane!! Aha!!! " part of the song !!!

@ other posts in this video...

I do not condone plaigarism and bollywood have been guilt of doing that....so will not be defending that at all. Right now that has considerably decreased a lot...

What I would want to defend is cringe worthy posts like India has no talent, no original music, pakistan has better talent....pakistan produce better songs...

Now I am not going to say, pakistan has no talent..coz it definately has...but due to various reasons....pakistan does not even produce as many good songs in 10 yrs as much bollywood produces in 1 year....and I am not even talking south, bengali films !!!

And about Talented singer...sure there are awesome pakistani singers in bollywood..and India loves them....but we have more than fair share of talented singers...sonu nigam to shreya goshal to mohit chauhan .....sunidhi to...I am not even going world.

and some of the songs listed in the thread...they have taken the rights..and that rahman katiya karoon copy is a joke !!!

and for every 1 movie/1 song that is inspired(copied) in bollywood....there 50 songs that are original....no big deal...now due to bollywood growing exposure...people are forced to buy official rights of movies/novels....and even many songs that people thing are copied...tune is actually in public domain or the tune is brought from original makers!!

Last edited:

Lol apart from 1 or 2 lines of lyrics, the two songs are completely different. Cant believe this made news!!

Yes, composers like Anu Malik and Pritam shamelessly copy from songs all over the world, but sometimes these comparisons are too far-fetched to be real.

Sometimes its the subconscious like what happened with George Harrison of Beatles.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/13-songs-that-sound-a-little-bit-too-much-like-oth#.ldX02lwg3

Lol apart from 1 or 2 lines of lyrics, the two songs are completely different. Cant believe this made news!!

Yes, composers like Anu Malik and Pritam shamelessly copy from songs all over the world, but sometimes these comparisons are too far-fetched to be real.

Sometimes its the subconscious like what happened with George Harrison of Beatles.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/13-songs-that-sound-a-little-bit-too-much-like-oth#.ldX02lwg3

It's a lot more than a single line if you listen closely.

Copying a line with the same tune from another song is already plagiarism.

Check out the link, it shows several other examples.

The Pakistani artists should sue the Bollywood music directors who copied without credit/permission.

Back