Can Pakistan defend the 185-run target and bowl out Bangladesh to win the 2nd Test?

Can Pakistan defend the 185-run target and bowl out Bangladesh to win the 2nd Test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan's batting woes continue! They collapsed once again, getting bowled out for 172 on Day 4 of the 2nd Test. Hasan Mahmud and Nahid Rana wreaked havoc, picking up 5 and 4 wickets respectively.

The hosts started the day on 9/2 and never recovered, with wickets falling regularly. Babar Azam's poor run in Tests continued, and the rest of the lineup failed to step up.

Now, Bangladesh needs just 185 runs to win the second Test and the series! Can Pakistan's bowling unit redeem themselves and defend this modest target?

Deep down all Pakistani fans know that they got this.

Be a big choke if Bangladesh lost it from here.

To be fair, it's Bangladesh. They played like tigers throughout the series but anything is possible with these guys.

To be fair, it's Bangladesh. They played like tigers throughout the series but anything is possible with these guys.

That is true.

BD may lose even if target is 50.

But, 185 is really not enough on this surface. Should've been a walk in the park for top 6 teams.

How's the drainage system in Pindi stadium? Accu is showing there won't be much of rain from 1 pm.

Seems like Pakistan will escape this humiliation. Rain will ruin BD's party tomorrow

Seems like Pakistan will escape this humiliation. Rain will ruin BD's party tomorrow
The damage has been done.

All of Pakistan is deflated, they won’t forgive this even if it’s a draw

Then again, this is the same nation that casually forgot Pakistan had no business playing a 2022 T20 World Cup final….maybe that’s because their leader and the chairman was someone they liked

Looking hard, but Pakistan must believe that they can pick up 10 wickets .

Gillespie is hopeful!

Speaking in presser:

Yep, I have that belief. Admittedly, the odds are in Bangladesh's favor, and we are not shying away from that. But if we walk out there expecting to lose, then we have already lost the match. We took 6/26 in the first inning, so we know we can have an impact with the ball if we bowl really well. So, we need good bowling, fielding, and some luck to go our way. This game can create all sorts of drama, and I hope we could do so.

I wonder if the excessive rain will make the conditions favorable for Khurram and Hamza again?

It is a 6 wicket game. In a chase like this if the team is 6 down with half the runs to get they will be under enoromous pressure. Even ordinary balls will look unplayable. If Bangladesh doesn't lose more than 6 wickets with 20 to 30 to get they can win this

If we were chasing 185 I would have said no with current batting and in defending would also be no with current bowling.
Abrar is toothless against Bangladesh batters who can play spin fine unlike our players.
Mohammad Ali is useless plus he is injured a bit but may bowl today. No idea why Nasim was dropped over him,at least he had a bit more pace and could cleanup the tail better rather than let team go from 26 for 6 to 260.

Hamza and Khurram have to do magic again in first 10 overs new Ball in morning after that they won't pose any threat as well.

Our only hope is rain.

So easy to do these polls for Pakistan now.

Few years ago, this would have been akin to blasphemy buy expected now.

I didn’t want to jinx BD, hence didnt say this before.

I felt this target set was never enough, the pitch is decent good for batting, see off the new ball, yes it does something early on with the ball, bowling in certain length but theres no demons in the wicket. I felt Pak were 50-60runs short. Pak needed at least 230+ to pressure BD. As bad as BD batting can be and can collapse dramatically and what not, even then the target of 183 was not enough to even trouble BD batting.

Back