Chief Minister XI vs Chairman PCB XI l Practice Match | Lahore | 3/10/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we won't be seeing much of Umar Akmal :( . Azhar Ali may retire to give Umar a chance unless they declare. If Umar is given a chance, he should take an aggressive approach (70+ strike rate), otherwise there won't be much to see of him.

And besides, they will play for Pakistan A as well vs SA so this is an ideal test to see if they have regained their touch or not instead of basing their performance in a series that happened a month ago.

He didn't have a decent performance against Zimbabwe he averaged like 30 lol.

What I find strange is he was dropped making a 77 in a gritty innings in Australia in the 2nd innings where the rest failed. Surely was good for one more game.

I think he should probably get another game as I don't think Azhar will be moved up to opener, nor is Jamshed in the squad. I'd hoped Khurram had improved given his domestic form, but I see the same problems unfortunately. Khurram's got the fight and mentality for tests, but technique is very dodgy and I don't think he's one of those players that can make it work. But might as well give him a proper try now that he's come in. After all the only opener I can think that might be better than him is Jamshed. And even then, not sure Jamshed is ready. None of the rest really impress me.

His technique won't effect him at this stage as badly but if he continues to play, teams will know about his technique and it will cost him. Right now he is one of the better options for the opening spot though I think Ahmed Shehzad can be considered. Personally I think Taufeeq Umar should've been in the probables but he isn't so he can't be considered.

the day has been called off. there will some additional time added to 2moro's play.

Match called off for the day :( ...

9.30AM start instead of 10am tomorrow
No Tea Break
Possible 30min extension towards end...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back