Pakistan (366 & 221) secure a comprehensive 152-run win against England (291 & 144) in the second Test to level the 3-match series 1-1

All we need is Shoaib Akhtar now to just blatantly call out Babar/Rizwan/Shaheen PR machine straight up on his Twitter account.

He hopefully won’t speak in riddles

Congratulations to Pak team & fans...
Commiserations to England.
What a fabulous fantastic hard fought text victory!
Gr8 fighting spirit shown by Pak team.
Don Sajid - whaddaplayyah! Awesome performance
@Mammoon - happy birthday & congratulations for your prediction coming true.
3rd test also on this pitch ?😃
Enjoi to Pak fans!

No one listens to him let alone the team management. Pakistan team management have a superior coach/cricketing brain in Gillespie sitting in the dressing room.

He clearly saw the outcomes of the last three Tests and understood that his objective of going with three pacers is not going to work for Pakistan and hence the pivot towards two spinners and a turning track.
Lol. Gillespie doesn't have a clue of tracks in Multan. Good decision to bring Aqib in and let him do the job. He did exactly he had told in the podcast and Pakistan basically won at home after 4 years.

Who is to be blamed for? aqib javed just pointed out prepare spin pitches and play 3 spinners guess what england cant play spin and pak won
England have one of the worst averages against spin in Asia during the same time. But for some reason we thought that making flat wickets was the way to beat them in the last 4 tests.

Chacha Nauman is much better spinner than anyone Pakistan has produced in last decade.

He should have been given a long rope before he is pushing 40s now and won't play much but Pakistan should use his vast experience.

He should be playing every match in pakistan or in Asia.

Chacha Nauman is much better spinner than anyone Pakistan has produced in last decade.

He should have been given a long rope before he is pushing 40s now and won't play much but Pakistan should use his vast experience.

He's far better than Sajid who I find quite average even after a stellar performance.

Lol. Gillespie doesn't have a clue of tracks in Multan. Good decision to bring Aqib in and let him do the job. He did exactly he had told in the podcast and Pakistan basically won at home after 4 years.
It was aqib javed call as he said in podcast bro prepare turning track and england will loose 100 precent

💯 agree Chacha left to play domestic cricket over the years with PAK favouring the likes Shadab, Abrar & Co ahead of him.

Another spinner Zaf Gohar should be in the squad at the least over Zaid M

He's far better than Sajid who I find quite average even after a stellar performance.
Yeah I agree. When they brought Sajid tinda in the team I thought he would be awful as he played some games before and was below average but he did his job well in this test.

He will get more chances after this performance but I don't think he is the answer to Pakistan's spin problems.

If they produce flat wicket in Rawalpindi he might get thrashed all over the park.

💯 agree Chacha left to play domestic cricket over the years with PAK favouring the likes Shadab, Abrar & Co ahead of him.

Another spinner Zaf Gohar should be in the squad at the least over Zaid M
It was stupidity to leave chacha in the first place but picking that garbage abrar and others ahead of him doesn't make any sense.

In my opinion Zafar gohar is the best spin option available in pakistan cricket but it's mystery to me that he hasn't been picked for Pakistan and he has had more than decent performances in county cricket and he is a proper batsman as well.

Hopefully they realise it soon and pick him in the squad

Gilliespie was a far better bowler than him, he was part of a far better team, he has achieved success in Asia as a player and he has far better coaching credentials.

He clearly has superior cricket acumen and education than Aqib.

Just because Aqib made a statement doesn’t mean that he was the reason why Pakistan decided to prepare a spinning track.

Unless someone can provide actual evidence that he was the cause, I have no reason to believe that Aqib held Gillespie’s hand.

Gillespie has enough credentials of his own to realize something had to change after the three defeats in his tenure.

Aqib didn’t say anything new or groundbreaking. He stated the obvious.

Gilliespie was a far better bowler than him, he was part of a far better team, he has achieved success in Asia as a player and he has far better coaching credentials.

He clearly has superior cricket acumen and education than Aqib.

Just because Aqib made a statement doesn’t mean that he was the reason why Pakistan decided to prepare a spinning track.

Unless someone can provide actual evidence that he was the cause, I have no reason to believe that Aqib held Gillespie’s hand.

Gillespie has enough credentials of his own to realize something had to change after the three defeats in his tenure.

Aqib didn’t say anything new or groundbreaking. He stated the obvious.
It's not necessary you will be a good coach if you were a better player. Aqib has a proven track record as coach. Recently with Lahore Qalandars and with Sri Lanka he has done a great job.

Shan and Gillespie are the Captain and Coach but it was Aqib who provides them with the plan of playing all spinners and making a really dry surface and cutting all grass and making a rank turner. Shan and Gillespie didn't had a clue on how to win a Test match until Aqib came. Sometimes you need a little out of box thinking and direction. Aqib provided them with that direction.

Yeah I agree. When they brought Sajid tinda in the team I thought he would be awful as he played some games before and was below average but he did his job well in this test.

He will get more chances after this performance but I don't think he is the answer to Pakistan's spin problems.

If they produce flat wicket in Rawalpindi he might get thrashed all over the park.
He was getting trashed today on such a conducive pitch for spinners. Let's not forget he was outbowled by Salman agha on the Australian tour.

Result pitch that suits your strengths - who'd have thunk it eh? Honestly, the decision making on pitches over the last few years has been diabolical. We need a spin focus at home. It served us well in the UAE and let's be honest, our fast bowlers have been rubbish for a while. The stats also show Pak plays spin fairly well - so weird

It's not necessary you will be a good coach if you were a better player. Aqib has a proven track record as coach. Recently with Lahore Qalandars and with Sri Lanka he has done a great job.

Shan and Gillespie are the Captain and Coach but it was Aqib who provides them with the plan of playing all spinners and making a really dry surface and cutting all grass and making a rank turner. Shan and Gillespie didn't had a clue on how to win a Test match until Aqib came. Sometimes you need a little out of box thinking and direction. Aqib provided them with that direction.
That is an assumption based on his interview. There is no proof to support this.

If Aqib is such a cricketing genius perhaps PCB should make him the HC so that Pakistan dominates all formats for years to come.

A big congrats to the Pakistan Team for winning the 2nd test and levelling the series 1 -1 going in to the decider.

Pulling it off with 10 players and carrying 1 makes it more impressive.

Sajid and Nomi :pkflag

All those involved in this left field selection for this test deserve their dues.

Going forward we need to structure and tailor each venue around the country similar to how England and Australia do and identify a talent pool of players for home and away tests accordingly.

Kamran coming in and showing his skill and temperament has increased our batting Talent pool which is always a good thing.

Huraira may get a chance in ABD place in the next test which will add to the batting pool further.

The two changes I would make for Pindi are Huraira to see what he s about and Mehran in for Zahid.

Hopefully the curators can make a good cricket wicket that will turn towards the latter stages of the Test.

Lastly when the likes of Babar, Shaheen, Naseem, Ihsanullah, Hasnain return from the various setbacks and issues our squad will be more formidable moving forward.

Akif Javed also deserves an opportunity in the Test side.

Noman Ali and Sajid Khan wreaked havoc on England, sharing all 20 wickets between them as Pakistan secured a commanding 152-run victory in the second Test at Multan Cricket Stadium on Friday. This win marked Pakistan’s first home Test victory since February 2021. Chasing 297, England were bowled out for just 144 in 33.3 overs on day four.

Noman was the star of the show, finishing with incredible figures of 8-46 in the second innings, the second-best figures on Pakistani soil after Abdul Qadir’s 9-56 against England in Lahore in 1987. His match figures stood at 11-147. Sajid Khan complemented him beautifully, taking nine wickets in the match. Together, they powered Pakistan to a series-leveling win.

The duo’s combined match figures of 20-351 mark only the third time in Pakistan’s history that spinners have taken all 20 wickets in a Test match. The previous instances were against England in Lahore in 1987 and versus the West Indies in Faisalabad in 1980.

On day four, Pakistan wrapped up the English innings by taking the final eight wickets. Sajid claimed one, while Noman took seven, finishing with figures of 7-108 in just 22.3 overs.

Resuming the day at 36-2, with Ollie Pope and Joe Root at the crease, England’s hopes were quickly dashed. Sajid dismissed Pope for 22 early in the day. Noman then removed Root for 18 and Brook for 16, leaving England reeling at 78-5.

Jamie Smith was caught at mid-on for 6, while captain Ben Stokes tried to mount a resistance, top-scoring with 37 before being stumped off Noman’s bowling. Brydon Carse smashed 27 off 32 balls, including three sixes, but was caught in the slips. Noman then dismissed Jack Leach and Shoaib Bashir in successive deliveries to seal England’s collapse.

The third and final Test of the series is set to begin on 24 October at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, with the first ball scheduled for 10am PKT.

Scores in brief

Second Test – Day 4 of 5 – Pakistan beat England by 152 runs

Pakistan 366 all out, (Kamran Ghulam 118, Saim Ayub 77, Mohammad Rizwan 41, Aamir Jamal 37, Noman Ali 32, Salman Ali Agha 31; Jack Leach 4-114, Brydon Carse 3-50, Matthew Potts 2-66) and 221 all out, 59.2 overs (Salman Ali Agha 63, Saud Shakeel 31, Kamran Ghulam 26; Shoaib Bashir 4-66, Jack Leach 3-67, Brydon Carse 2-29)

England 291 all out, 67.2 overs (Ben Duckett 114, Joe Root 34, Ollie Pope 29, Zak Crawley 27, Jack Leach 25 not out; Sajid Khan 7-111, Noman Ali 3-101) & 144 all out, 33.3 overs (Ben Stokes 37, Brydon Carse 27, Ollie Pope 22; Noman Ali 8-46, Sajid Khan 2-93)

McCullum: Pakistan deserve credit | 'No problem with the pitch'

England coach Brendon McCullum on defeat:

"Obviously a tough few days in terms of the result, but I thought for a lot of that game we did a lot of things well. Obviously conditions were incredibly extreme and we knew that heading into the Test match. Would have been lovely to win the toss, I don't think it was a 100 to nought toss but it was a 65-35 toss.

"Credit to Pakistan, they were able to get enough runs on the board and the way their spinners operated was simply outstanding. They put us under a lot of pressure and we weren't quite able to respond. But there's some stuff to be proud of and we look forward to the next Test.

"I don't mind [the pitch], actually. I quite like the quirk of it. When you're playing at home, you should have home advantage. I guess after the first Test match, we were able to go 1-0 up something had to give, and they took a punt on it. I don't have a problem with it at all.

"290 on a ninth day surface against spinners that know how to bowl in these conditions was always going to be a difficult proposition. The method of sweeping and reverse sweeping and trying to put some pressure on the opposition was really the only way. We weren't able to get there and we lost a few wickets with that method, but we saw in this Test that if you tried to sit in then it was nigh-on impossible."

Whenever Pakistan has won, good spin has always been involved. Qadeer, Mushtaq, Yasir Shah et al; this was even when the fast bowlers were got wickets. Spin is Pakistan's secret super power and should not be ignored but supported.

Congratulations Pakistan Cricket Team. Excellent win.

Had a feeling Pak would win this after the ball started turning that period when Pak took 4 quick wickets in Eng first innings before the end of close, yesterday.

Interesting to note that since 24 Feb 2023,

Bazball is 9 W, 9 L and 1 D in Test cricket (excluding Ireland)

Teams are adapting and finding ways to beat this team.

Chairman PCB congratulates Pakistan Test Team on victory in second Multan Test

Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Mohsin Naqvi, has congratulated the Shan Masood-led Pakistan Test team on their resounding victory against England in the second Multan Test to level the series. In his felicitation message to the team and management, Mohsin Naqvi praised the outstanding performance, particularly highlighting the contributions of the spinners Sajid Khan and Noman Ali, whose exceptional bowling played a crucial role in securing the win.

Chairman also lauded Kamran Ghulam for scoring a magnificent century on his Test debut, showcasing his remarkable talent and potential. He emphasised that this victory, after a long wait for a home Test win, was the result of solid teamwork. He commended the side for their dedication, passion, and professional approach throughout the match. The chairman further added that the new players in the team had justified their selection with their impressive performances.

Expressing his optimism for the series, Mohsin Naqvi hoped the team would maintain their winning momentum in the final Test and hopefully clinch the series in Rawalpindi.

That is an assumption based on his interview. There is no proof to support this.

If Aqib is such a cricketing genius perhaps PCB should make him the HC so that Pakistan dominates all formats for years to come.
There's a reason why. Because things panned out exactly as he had said in his interview. He had a game-plan in mind and when he was given the authority in selection. Suddenly everything panned out exactly the way he said in the interview.

The pitch was made into a rank turner with no grass. The square had also been shaved off to assist reverse swing Pakistan who had played 1 spinner in the last game on highway. Played 3 spinners plus Salman. England couldn't even get close to Pakistan once the pitch started turning on Day 2. All exactly Aqib had described that England won't win it.

It's either a freakish coincidence. Which I don't believe. A more simpler explanation is that a guy who had shared his formula for winning a Test match in Pakistan against England. Came in and persuaded Coach and Captain to go with this formula and play spinners on a rank turner. Moreover Aqib was seen checking the pitch when it was being dried off with fans.

Why not? He has proven his coaching ability with Lahore Qalandars. Guy has his way of going about things and if it works then it works.

Congratulation Pakistan, good to see them finally winning at home.
This shows that they have talent in domestic cricket, just need to prepare them by giving them good opportunities.

Sad day for Ramiz and Babar Azam fans who wanted Pakistan to loose this match.
That is a foolish statement to make.

Hating players is Toxic and an unnecessary fanatic culture.

Whether its Babar, Shaheen or whoever we should respect our players.

Everyone who truly supports Pakistan would always want the team to win regardless of personnel.

Indians didn't hate on Kohli for not scoring a Test 💯 for 3 or 4 years or Ten not scoring a 💯 for 40 odd Tests.

Sajid doesn't have a complete action or any arsenal, really. He is like if you took Lyon's flighted overspin and made a whole bowler out of just that part. There is intangible value he does add though with his face-in-opponent approach and its good for team unity and making a duo with Nauman in the short run. Need to use these 2 to develop a third spinner before it's too late. Sajid will get the odd snorter from a crack but he's way easier to play and England did figure him out and take him on cause of this.

Nauman has flight, change of speed and can turn it from a crack because he has a couple different grips to get side spin. A more complete bowler, Mehidy Miraz type but he deifinitely looks like a first choice spinner though. I want us to use him to guide development of Mehran/whoever before it's too late come end of next WTC cycle.

That is a foolish statement to make.

Hating players is Toxic and an unnecessary fanatic culture.

Whether its Babar, Shaheen or whoever we should respect our players.

Everyone who truly supports Pakistan would always want the team to win regardless of personnel.

Indians didn't hate on Kohli for not scoring a Test 💯 for 3 or 4 years or Ten not scoring a 💯 for 40 odd Tests.
Ramiz keep saying Kamran needs to improve and wanted Babar for the test.

when u don’t take any advice from Misbah .. Pakistan wins
giphy.gif

Difference between rookies and experienced spinners. They won't be perturbed

people-use-to-say-that-karisma-kapoor.gif

As i said earlier match will be over around Lunch .

These tullybaaz only can play on flat wickets.
Indeed these guys are FTBs only Root can save them from embarassment on pitches like these.. Stokes outside England also doesnt have a good record to speak of.. Brook Pak made him look like breaking Lara's 400 :facepalm:...

Shan i thought would be a more proactive captain, because I dont think Yorkshire will have someone like Azhar ali to captain them... but it could also be due to his run of losing matches one after the other , i hope this win would do good for him and will be better captain in the 3rd test,...

Indeed these guys are FTBs only Root can save them from embarassment on pitches like these.. Stokes outside England also doesnt have a good record to speak of.. Brook Pak made him look like breaking Lara's 400 :facepalm:...

Shan i thought would be a more proactive captain, because I dont think Yorkshire will have someone like Azhar ali to captain them... but it could also be due to his run of losing matches one after the other , i hope this win would do good for him and will be better captain in the 3rd test,...
Bro aqib said he is going for spin pitch is this the right way to go with spin pitch again?

AB de Villiers during live session on his social media platform, he praised Pakistan for beating England in second Test at Multan:

"Pakistan have been through an incredible slump of light, but they are still in the series and winning that second one. Well done to all of them. A really good Test match. It's been used before and more times, as we saw those big scores in the first day's match. Pakistan winning that Test match – congrats to Sajid Khan, with his seven wickets in the first innings, and during the second, that's nine wickets in total for him, and Noman Ali taking the rest – three in the first innings and eight in the second. So, there's your 20 wickets for the match. Maybe we should just get Pakistan to play with two bowlers. Incredible performance by these two, making full use of the conditions, especially Noman in that last innings.

Pakistan is right back in it – well done to them, much deserved and much needed win for Pakistan cricket. They're back on track again, beating the mighty England. Yes, it is a turnaround for Pakistan, but everyone will help and it will build and boost their confidence moving forward. As we know, they're going through a bit of a transitional phase, trying to find their feet again, trying to find that confidence as a unit and that consistency of performing often."

Ramiz keep saying Kamran needs to improve and wanted Babar for the test.
Ramiz is entitled to his opinion.

Fakhar also said that Babar shouldn't of been rested and is entitled to his opinion.

The point is you generalised every Babar fan for wanting the team to fail which is wrong.

I think you got caught up in the hype of toxic posters who always spew hate for their various agenda s.

For most real Pakistan supporters the teams success triumphs over individual success and that is always the way it should be.

I personally advocate for the best possible X1 for that particular match.

There is no doubt that when Babar , Naseem , Shaheen, Hasnain return our team s depth increases.

Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

Any player coming in scoring runs or taking wickets is good for the increase of our talent pool.

Back