Comments section in Times of India under articles about Pakistan/Islam

Torpedo

Local Club Regular
Runs
Either visit the Times of India website or download their app. Open up any article about Pakistan or any article relating to Muslims and the vast majority of comments you'll find are racist, full of hatred, abuse of the Prophet pbuh and many more. Even if the odd Indian makes a fair comment he'll be accused of being a Pakistani.

I don't think its moderated and them being able to post anonymously I think it definitely shows the true mindset of most of these people.

Pakistani users do the same, where ever there is little or no moderation our people would post rubbish, even the good ones. TOI being the #1 news portal though, it seems very embarrassing to read such low quality comments. Whats worse is the fact that Indians often tend to mock Islam because of this whole Hindu vs Muslim portrayal for which we can safely blame Pakistan only. Indians shouldn't fall in the hindu-muslim trap, we have more muslim brothers in India. We are a great muslim country, where a muslim can live his dream and become whatever he wishes to through hard work. When all that is there, why do people tend to lose their control i don't get it. Muslims are our biggest asset.

It is good manners to wipe one's feet when coming from a muddy place instead of dragging the mud into the house, or else even the house becomes dirty

From my experience I have noticed that some sections of Indian English media looks very rightist to me(both in tone and sensationalizing of content) to give context I wouldnt expect such tone from say Express tribune or Dawn.

Last edited:
To be very honest , no matter which ever country's ( Non-Muslim ) news page you may visit , Islam and Muslims are glorified in the similar manner.

India cant be any different.

Now some apologists would say they are just trolls and ignore them but I have never seen any of these trolls or online right wingers targeting other minorities say the Sikhs , Buddhists or Jains . Why only Muslims ?

Some people like fc need to condemn more rather than make sorry excuses for such pathetic behaviour

Don't go to such sites. They create illogical hate inside you, absolutely not good for you. But its not one way I have seen many Pakistanis curse their gods , making nonsense about cows and relating it with them or bringing their poverty in to make cheap jokes. Pakistanis should too refrain from such behavior.

Last edited:
Dont expect everyone to respect your religion and dont get hurt at any of the insults.

actually i love reading hateful comments on various websites. I always look for the worst rated comments. i scavenge the comments section of various newspapers and enjoy the hate and anger. hate is more interesting and entertaining than love.

'The Hindu' is one of the best quality english newspaper in India and this is coming from an Indian muslim.

And if you want to prepare for civil services then you should follow The Hindu for news. But I doubt you are motivated now that you have got a husband to devote your time to. Do give it a try, now the age limit has been extended.

And if you want to prepare for civil services then you should follow The Hindu for news. But I doubt you are motivated now that you have got a husband to devote your time to. Do give it a try, now the age limit has been extended.

Actually he is the one who motivates me to study more. And I am not going to run away from civil service. Pass or fail,will definitely give a try..: )

Pakistani users do the same, where ever there is little or no moderation our people would post rubbish, even the good ones. TOI being the #1 news portal though, it seems very embarrassing to read such low quality comments. Whats worse is the fact that Indians often tend to mock Islam because of this whole Hindu vs Muslim portrayal for which we can safely blame Pakistan only. Indians shouldn't fall in the hindu-muslim trap, we have more muslim brothers in India. We are a great muslim country, where a muslim can live his dream and become whatever he wishes to through hard work. When all that is there, why do people tend to lose their control i don't get it. Muslims are our biggest asset.

I wholeheartedly agree freelance bro. I pray to Allah at least once a month that our two nations can be reunited so that Muslim and Hindu brothers can express their love to one another without artificial borders.

Ironically i have found the Hindu to be the least bias Indian Paper.
The word Hindu is very much misunderstood and misused. Many people have no idea how the word originated. In India, some politicians use the the words Hindu and Hindutva with communal overtones either to promote or oppose some ideology or party. To the rest of the world, Hindu and Hinduism refer to a set of people belonging to definite religious system.

The fact is that the BOTH the words"Hindu" and "India" have foreign origin. The word "Hindu" is neither a Sanskrit word nor is this word found in any of the native dialects and languages of India. It should benoted that "Hindu" is NOT a religious word at all. There is no reference of the word "hindu" in the Ancient Vedic Scriptures.It is said that the Persians used to refer to the Indus river as Sindhu. Indus is a major river which flows partly in India and partly in Pakistan. However, the Persians could not pronounce the letter "S" correctly in their native tongue and mispronounced it as "H." Thus, for the ancient Persians, the word"Sindhu" became "Hindu." The ancient Persian Cuneiform inscriptions and the Zend Avesta refer to the word "Hindu" as a geographic name rather than a religious name.

http://www.shraddhananda.com/Meaning_and_Origin_Of_The_Word_Hindu.html

Stop visiting Toilet of India.

This!

Times of India, Rediff, OneIndia's Tamil Portal (previously called as ThatsTamil) has to be three most provocative/abusive/divisive comments filled news websites in India.

#JustMyPersonalOpinion

You guys should visit some of the comment sections under some articles in the Daily Mail here in the UK...

I just did a google search for Saudi Arabian news to see if there was anti-Indian posts directed at the Indian ex-pats and Al Jazeera news site came up. It does have a comments section though, where I found beauties like this one pretty early on

The Arab spring is back, they're coming to Denmark for some porking.

I wish God had given a bit of relaxation to muslims living in non-muslim countries...would be very useful and easier for them to blend into other cultures and societies attracting less hatred for being so different and restricted

The word Hindu is very much misunderstood and misused. Many people have no idea how the word originated. In India, some politicians use the the words Hindu and Hindutva with communal overtones either to promote or oppose some ideology or party. To the rest of the world, Hindu and Hinduism refer to a set of people belonging to definite religious system.

The fact is that the BOTH the words"Hindu" and "India" have foreign origin. The word "Hindu" is neither a Sanskrit word nor is this word found in any of the native dialects and languages of India. It should benoted that "Hindu" is NOT a religious word at all. There is no reference of the word "hindu" in the Ancient Vedic Scriptures.It is said that the Persians used to refer to the Indus river as Sindhu. Indus is a major river which flows partly in India and partly in Pakistan. However, the Persians could not pronounce the letter "S" correctly in their native tongue and mispronounced it as "H." Thus, for the ancient Persians, the word"Sindhu" became "Hindu." The ancient Persian Cuneiform inscriptions and the Zend Avesta refer to the word "Hindu" as a geographic name rather than a religious name.

http://www.shraddhananda.com/Meaning_and_Origin_Of_The_Word_Hindu.html

Please leave Hindu related matters to us purist brahmins of the North.

I wholeheartedly agree freelance bro. I pray to Allah at least once a month that our two nations can be reunited so that Muslim and Hindu brothers can express their love to one another without artificial borders.

Hindu-muslim thing should be irrelevant. We are diverse and shelter all religions and castes, Pakistan on the other hand is bit homo in its composition and it tries to play the religion card to divide us too. You guys should really stop doing it yar. You may not like to see it that way but indirectly through these actions, you have had plenty of Kashmiri and other Indian muslims killed over the years by making it a religious issue.

:)):)):)) Gotta love the Captain

Your style of posting genuinely reminds me of a close friend from Uni, you're just like him lol

Last edited:
We should do real life video reconstructions of these ad pet the Dead Parrot sketches on YouTube I swear it would make for interesting skits.

This is called soft war and it has been continuing on various english websites in phillipines, INdian and US newpaper websites since 2002. Most of it targeted towards INdian muslims not Pakistan, to keep them in fear. ITs another type of propaganda war that has been ongoing on the internet to insult muslim symbols in order to desensitize the muslims and create hate amongst non-muslims. This is consistently going on and has contributed to growing islamophobia.

Off course they are moderated, try to post a atheist hindu column against hinduism on tribune.pk and you'll understand that there are PAk newspapers that are doing the same. Criticism against Islam is freedom of speech and education, and vice versa is hate speech.

The weakness lies in muslim forums that have failed to counter and have ignored it which has been devastating to their own freedoms to pray and practice. Even major intelligence agencies are mum as USA filters and is responsible for most of the internet traffic that encourages such hateful speech.

Hindu-muslim thing should be irrelevant. We are diverse and shelter all religions and castes, Pakistan on the other hand is bit homo in its composition and it tries to play the religion card to divide us too. You guys should really stop doing it yar. You may not like to see it that way but indirectly through these actions, you have had plenty of Kashmiri and other Indian muslims killed over the years by making it a religious issue.

Bro now you are making me feel bad. Not only am I part Brit so responsible for dividing India, but the other part is Pakistani which is responsible for causing psychotic trauma to innocent Indian people resulting in communal carnage in your country :(

I shall consider moving to New Zealand so I can at least disown one half of this cultural baggage :)

I am not surprised. Even in rediff, there has been reptitive anti-Pakistani and anti-Islam comments; not to mention Indian muslim members aren't spared either. They are gonna have to come long way to overcome immaturity and hatred.

Surprisingly, Pakistani sites have shown the maturity a lot which most of sites i am member of, so there is little hope for Pakistan. After all, Aman ki asha, Bollywood, are quite popular. Pakistan doesn't hate India, except only Modi and Indian armies [due to criminal activities in Kashmir]. Overall, Pakistan is shaping to be pro-India; as knowing that there is hindu and sikh people live in Pakistan as well as there are Muslim in India as well.

I am worried about Indian media and Indian politicians. They are the one who stirr the old hatred; and that result in not-a-very-sight-picture.

Some of Indian members are good, but ironically, majority of them are troll, biggest trolls are found in most of Pakistani sites; however, as they are repetitively banned, yet they come back over and over again. That's pathetic, as it seems they have no life but trash Pakistan and Islam all the times sparing no thought for Indian Muslim who practice as well. They are the reason that give bad name to India just as terrorists give bad name to Islam even though there is no way related to that. But what do media know?

Last edited:
Bro now you are making me feel bad. Not only am I part Brit so responsible for dividing India, but the other part is Pakistani which is responsible for causing psychotic trauma to innocent Indian people resulting in communal carnage in your country :(

I shall consider moving to New Zealand so I can at least disown one half of this cultural baggage :)

If you're truly sorry, you have to go no where. Our issue is only with the crude chicas who can't see things as they really are.

The weakness lies in muslim forums that have failed to counter and have ignored it which has been devastating to their own freedoms to pray and practice. Even major intelligence agencies are mum as USA filters and is responsible for most of the internet traffic that encourages such hateful speech.
How is that weakness? Isn't it good that at least we don't act like idiots or returning hate for hate is the sign of strength?

Any magazines ?

those who posting anti-islam comments most of them, will never dare to walk the talk in reality. it is not alone in Indian media, world over there is a anti-Isalmic bias that exists.

So it's the Indian version of the Daily Mail? Every country has garbage media outlets with worse readers who leave scandalous comments.

Nothing to honestly get worked up over.

There is no moderation policy in TOI. One can write whatever he likes, whereas dawn moderates and edits comments.

Last edited:
Don't visit it. your God and the Holy Prophet (Saw) do not and would not care about 'comments'. move on and pray for yourself and others.

I had explicitly made my disgust clear in one of the cricket threads.

Even in Youtube troll environment, I find Indians to be worse than Pakistanis.

The problem is that most Indians don't separate terrorists from regular Muslims.

As educated people, that's unpardonable.

If one has a genuine issue and want to take Pakistan related issues to the cleaners, do it via logic and reasoning and let people have a real conversation.

Throwing accusations, insults and attacking religion in every other discussion is pretty lame and I see WAY TOO many Indians do that.

It won't be in your best interests to do so. Here is not as diverse as the UK, so you might want to consider staying out there to avail of your community's large representation in the media, politics and popular culture, albeit with a negative twang at times.

Not that we're against immigration to begin with.

It won't be in your best interests to do so. Here is not as diverse as the UK, so you might want to consider staying out there to avail of your community's large representation in the media, politics and popular culture, albeit with a negative twang at times.

Not that we're against immigration to begin with.

Believe me, I've lived in far less diverse and hostile places in the UK and survived so you don't need to worry on my behalf, but thanks all the same.

I stopped reading those comments long time ago as it boils your blood for no gain. Not that i expect heaps of love from Indians on those websites but it is absolutely disgusting the way people act there (probably because it is safest way for them to express themselves). It won't be a problem if those comments are posted on some hinduunity.com or Pakistanmurdabad.com but seeing this sort of stuff on top Indian news sites is pathetic.

Anyone can check top Pakistani news websites like tribune, Dawn etc and you won't find such filth there.

sorry care to clarify? also can yo verify the claim your a great muslim country? your new future PM will surely put that to the test very soon. The best slave afterall is the one that thinks he's free..now stop trying to divert attention away from the OP with your pathetic clever attempt at trolling...

I stopped reading those comments long time ago as it boils your blood for no gain. Not that i expect heaps of love from Indians on those websites but it is absolutely disgusting the way people act there (probably because it is safest way for them to express themselves). It won't be a problem if those comments are posted on some hinduunity.com or Pakistanmurdabad.com but seeing this sort of stuff on top Indian news sites is pathetic.

Anyone can check top Pakistani news websites like tribune, Dawn etc and you won't find such filth there.

lol..you should come onto the guardian website..any Pakistan news and these vultures appear there too with their vile rascism...seems to be a problem on the internet especially!!

lol..you should come onto the guardian website..any Pakistan news and these vultures appear there too with their vile rascism...seems to be a problem on the internet especially!!

Which is off-putting, considering that The Guardian is one of the more liberal publications going around in the UK.

Why do you reckon this is the case?

Even though Indian Muslims are among the injured, the TOI comments on FB are celebrating this as a revenge of Pulwama

BJP has caused so much damage to India. Was reading a verifed account over 60K followers, saying it was a justified attack. He is a hardcore modi supporter, and there are many famous bakts like him.

2019 is very important for India. It can afford a corrupt and dynasty politcs but I feel it can't afford a party that is dividing India this much. Zia ul haq didn't do much financial corruption but his ideology damaged Pakistan for decades to come

BJP has caused so much damage to India. Was reading a verifed account over 60K followers, saying it was a justified attack. He is a hardcore modi supporter, and there are many famous bakts like him.

2019 is very important for India. It can afford a corrupt and dynasty politcs but I feel it can't afford a party that is dividing India this much. Zia ul haq didn't do much financial corruption but his ideology damaged Pakistan for decades to come

This is what Indians are not understanding. Extremism of any kind has no place in this century, there is no need of an enemy outside if you have an extremism inside I am saying this bcz we have gone through this horrible phase. But again as a Pakistani I want modi to be selected again for the next 10 years at least.

Forget those, look at PP. Other than 2-3 Indians the rest are all racists who's job is to come here and take digs at us.

Even though Indian Muslims are among the injured, the TOI comments on FB are celebrating this as a revenge of Pulwama

After killing around 300 terrorists in Balakot what's the need for Indians to associate cold-blooded murder of innocent people in a far away land with their desire for revenge.

I didn't mind reading non sense on Indian pages during Indo-pak tensions but i have literally stopped reading now after seeing some disgusting celebrations as if India has achieved something extra ordinary. People celebrating death of innocent people with disgusting comments & emoticons; literally felt sick browsing comments section.

India respects Islam more than Pakistan. Fact.

I wanna know what your smoking cuz that's some great stuff if you making up facts like that

The fact is Pakistan got its independence under the name is Islam so Pakistan respects Islam more than India that is a fact

India only respects Hindusism that is a fact

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Indians are more vile as compared to Pakistan. More number of Indians are ill-mannered and verbally abusive. I have 0% doubt about it based on my interactions with all kinds of people and based on my general observations as well.

PS- not saying Pakistanis are saints but making a comparison between the two.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Indians are more vile as compared to Pakistan. More number of Indians are ill-mannered and verbally abusive. I have 0% doubt about it based on my interactions with all kinds of people and based on my general observations as well.

PS- not saying Pakistanis are saints but making a comparison between the two.

I'm trynna not be biased but this is so correct. I see SO many indians using foul words for everything and even the hashtag that they shared #ikmkb (this is the indian version). I never really see any pakistanis cussing or using SUCH vile words. Thr limit for pakistanis is begharat or gada. That's the LEGIT limit.

This is a slap on the face of people that say indian government is bad but not the indian public.

It's funny Indians muslims always are represented as model muslims by Hindus online, yet despite this Their is deep mistrust for muslims in India by the majority community. Indians generally always blame their problems on muslims from Pakistan(terrorism) or Bangladesh(illegal immigrants), yet they project that hate onto their so called model minority.

Nothing new. Majority are bots..the same has been used by other countries like Russia, Israel, saudi..etc

As previously mentioned in other posts, I would avoid going there; it's a cesspit of pure filth and depravation. Even their own citizens that were victims of the Christchurch atrocity are not spared instead being subjected to vile abuse.

I have noticed the same the few times I went on their website. I try to read Dawn everyday, and I have not noted Pakistanis coming anywhere close to the vile comments that you would read in Times of India. Does anyone know of a more liberal Indian newspaper, maybe something like the Indian version of Dawn?

I have noticed the same the few times I went on their website. I try to read Dawn everyday, and I have not noted Pakistanis coming anywhere close to the vile comments that you would read in Times of India. Does anyone know of a more liberal Indian newspaper, maybe something like the Indian version of Dawn?

The Hindu (which is considered anti hindu by us patriots) is similar to The Dawn.

The Hindu is indeed somewhat critical of hardline Hindus, which is somewhat disappointing for those of us who are always looking for a chance to point score. I would avoid it and stick to reputable patriot sites like Times of India.

I'm trynna not be biased but this is so correct. I see SO many indians using foul words for everything and even the hashtag that they shared #ikmkb (this is the indian version). I never really see any pakistanis cussing or using SUCH vile words. Thr limit for pakistanis is begharat or gada. That's the LEGIT limit.

This is a slap on the face of people that say indian government is bad but not the indian public.

I don't know if you have been living under a rock or what, but many Pakistanis, Indians, Americans, etc all use profanity both online and in real life.

To be very honest , no matter which ever country's ( Non-Muslim ) news page you may visit , Islam and Muslims are glorified in the similar manner.

India cant be any different.

Now some apologists would say they are just trolls and ignore them but I have never seen any of these trolls or online right wingers targeting other minorities say the Sikhs , Buddhists or Jains . Why only Muslims ?

Historical context comes into play when triggering angry+emotional responses from right wings/trolls in any nation. In the US, you would see trolls in the South focus mostly on blacks and maybe hispanics of late but not other ethnic groups. People basically troll/hate entities which have been fed to them as the "bogey man" over many years.

The Hindu is indeed somewhat critical of hardline Hindus, which is somewhat disappointing for those of us who are always looking for a chance to point score. I would avoid it and stick to reputable patriot sites like Times of India.

Actually I would say The Hindu is way more reputable than TOI. The Hindu if I'm right was also founded in 1800s like TOI and has been known not to sensationalize things unnecessarily (though they may have changed relative to what they were before). TOI is more known in the north (and thus has more numerical following thanks to north of India popping out babies like crazy). I got exposed to The Hindu regularly during the time I lived in the South and I sure as hell prefer it over TOI.

Interesting snippet: The founding family and owners of The Hindu are brahmins.

If you want trolls and right wingers that you can point to and say "see, Indian people are bad and racist" - go to TOI. If you want more level headed articles and comments like Dawn, go to The Hindu.

I don't know if you have been living under a rock or what, but many Pakistanis, Indians, Americans, etc all use profanity both online and in real life.

Are u living underneath a rock yourself or is times of india your only source of info?
It's obvious that pakistanis are way more tolerant. The pti guy who insulted hindus got banned due to the national outrage by the public. It was trending on twitter at no.1 for a long time. Indian politicans always insult pakistanis and muslims in general none of them get sacked. Heck they get more votes than before.
So before trying to defend yourself look up the evidence. There are bad people on both sides but most of indians are anti-islam which is pretty evident.

Duh! Every community in the world can be racially and religiously abused. It is not as if Hindu's or Indian people are an exempt from this. They are just frustrated after what we have done to them recently. On an internet forum even a mouse becomes a lion. One has to remember that there are many more Indians online then Pakistanis as well but we more then hold our own.

This is what Indians are not understanding. Extremism of any kind has no place in this century, there is no need of an enemy outside if you have an extremism inside I am saying this bcz we have gone through this horrible phase. But again as a Pakistani I want modi to be selected again for the next 10 years at least.

Its all overblown and election rhetoric. Out of 200 million muslims one gets killed for beef by some goons. People get killed for pennies even in the west by similar goons. All of a sudden the beef becomes a national topic. Even though corrupt or religious minded, India's leaders overall have taken great strides to move the country forward. Can't the say the same about Pakistan. Look at the history of India for the past 70 years and you will see progress in every field, decade after decade. There are bound to be social issues when you have a billion people with several languages, religions, ethnicities. As far as your wish for Modi to be elected, you share that with at least 30 percent of Indians. He will do exactly the same as what every PM did before him. Move the country forward. There are enough checks and balances in democracy. Look at US and Trump for example. At the end of the day, leaders in democratic nations make decisions that help their country. Modi is no different.

Its all overblown and election rhetoric. Out of 200 million muslims one gets killed for beef by some goons. People get killed for pennies even in the west by similar goons. All of a sudden the beef becomes a national topic. Even though corrupt or religious minded, India's leaders overall have taken great strides to move the country forward. Can't the say the same about Pakistan. Look at the history of India for the past 70 years and you will see progress in every field, decade after decade. There are bound to be social issues when you have a billion people with several languages, religions, ethnicities. As far as your wish for Modi to be elected, you share that with at least 30 percent of Indians. He will do exactly the same as what every PM did before him. Move the country forward. There are enough checks and balances in democracy. Look at US and Trump for example. At the end of the day, leaders in democratic nations make decisions that help their country. Modi is no different.

This is actually the worst type of reasoning. "election rhetoric" is given a free pass without understanding that this "rhetoric" leads to tragic consequences like Gujarat 2001 and New Zealand today.

This is actually the worst type of reasoning. "election rhetoric" is given a free pass without understanding that this "rhetoric" leads to tragic consequences like Gujarat 2001 and New Zealand today.

No. My comment about Election rhetoric was for the surgical strikes. Modi is not a war mongerer as people think. He sat tight after the pilot got captured even though every Indian was baying for blood because of the insult. He's a business man. Gujarat happened more than a decade ago. When Modi won, people were afraid that he was gonna kill.all the Muslims. What did he do instead? Indo Arab relations are it's peak in their history. Name one islamic country other than Pakistan that India hasn't improved relations with under Modi. There is no country in the world other than China that maintains a close relationship with Iran and Saudi Arabia, Palestine at the same time.

Gujarat happened because the chastest of the chastest Hindu extremists, the Karsevaks who demolished Babri Masjid, the people perceived as Hindu warriors in India were burned alive in a train by Muslims. It is well documented by neutral sources. What happened next was what you would expect but highly condemnable uncontrollable religious majority mobs taking control of law and order situation. If not for those incredibly stupid Muslims who burned the Karsevaks, 2 thousand innocent Muslims would have survived. You burn the bear cub and you will have to be ready to face the wrath of the bear. Modi was the bear. He let the people have their revenge. Was he right to do that? Hell no. Does that mean he will just go killing Muslims and wipe them from India? Hell no again. Nobody wants it, nobody supports it but you can't stop it.

Imagine a bunch of Hindus burning a train full of Chaste Islamic warriors in Pakistan. The result would have been the wiping of Hinduism from Pakistan. On all accounts, Muslims can openly protest or say anything in the press against Modi or BJP or even RSS. There are.many muslim politicians and Imams that have openly condemned Modi. Did they all die? Did Modi stop Muslims attend the same schools as Hindus? Did BJP or Modi in any way discriminate Muslims? Did all the Muslims revolt and join ISIS because of the subjugation in India? Hell no. Some 70 people went to Syria out of 200 mil. infact more British muslims were part of ISIS than Indian muslims.

Don't compare Gujarat to NZ. There is no loony Hindu terrorist in India going to a mosque with a gun and killing a bunch of Muslims ruthlessly. There have been a few bomb blasts in the past in religious places where both sides were implicated but hasn't happened in Modi era. Modi and India know that the traditionally impoverished Muslims are the key to India's progress. Muslims under BJP will not be discriminated and they will also not be given preferential treatment as they were given during Congress rule. Every Indian is the same for BJP.

Pathetic comment, clearly showing prejudice, Ziaul Haq's ideology (whatever that's suppose to be) was fine and dandy as long as there was no war and terror. Ziaul Haq was no more or less an ideologue than any of his predecessors or successors. Plus he was answerable to his constituents in the military establishment, nothing he did was without the former's consent.

There was no damage from Zia's putative ideology from 1979 to 2001. Lo and behold as soon 9/11 happens, a small narrow minded bombastic buffoon, Musharraf, who only a few months earlier had been leading a jihad in Kargil, saw a way to selfishly legitimize his own position and did an about turn and disastrously failed to deal with the new paradigm. Post 9/11 turmoil in Pakistan has everything to do with Musharaf and his equally incompetent, corrupt and US DoD compliant successor Kiani's inability and unwillingness to deal with both the internal and external threats.

These the two fools brought Pakistan to the brink and should be held responsible for their failures which saw unprecedented death, destruction and economic regression.

Despite what many naive Pakistanis may believe, but Modi will be re-elected and his ideology will propel India into a great power. No nation in history has attained great power status without an aggressive militaristic posture.

Neither US without monroe doctrine/manifest destiny, nor Britain without it's colonization, nor Russia without it's annexation of all states on it's periphery, nor imperial Japan without it's conquests, nor Chinese communist without their long march would have achieved great power states. And Akhund Bharat will be no exception, it won't come about on the back of passive, liberal, pluralistic and harmonious relationship with it's adversaries both within it's borders and outside. And it would become a reality because the western world will enable it, just as it has unconditionally enabled the extreme right wing Israeli colonial/settler project with impunity.

This is nothing new. Most Indians have a very negative opinion of Islam. Even the Christians of India do not spare them.

Kashmir problem in India is viewed as a fight between Muslims and Hindus. With routine negative news coming out of Kashmir, the impression of a common man even in south India is very negative.

The best is to avoid reading comments section completely.

Pathetic comment, clearly showing prejudice, Ziaul Haq's ideology (whatever that's suppose to be) was fine and dandy as long as there was no war and terror. Ziaul Haq was no more or less an ideologue than any of his predecessors or successors. Plus he was answerable to his constituents in the military establishment, nothing he did was without the former's consent.

There was no damage from Zia's putative ideology from 1979 to 2001. Lo and behold as soon 9/11 happens, a small narrow minded bombastic buffoon, Musharraf, who only a few months earlier had been leading a jihad in Kargil, saw a way to selfishly legitimize his own position and did an about turn and disastrously failed to deal with the new paradigm. Post 9/11 turmoil in Pakistan has everything to do with Musharaf and his equally incompetent, corrupt and US DoD compliant successor Kiani's inability and unwillingness to deal with both the internal and external threats.

These the two fools brought Pakistan to the brink and should be held responsible for their failures which saw unprecedented death, destruction and economic regression.

I agree that Musharraf was also one of the reasons why Pakistan got messed up. It was zia and his policies that paved the way for right wing nutjobs to take the country hostage. You have to understand ideological change doesent happen over night but it happens gradually and once it goes out of control we all know the results.

This is nothing new. Most Indians have a very negative opinion of Islam. Even the Christians of India do not spare them.

Kashmir problem in India is viewed as a fight between Muslims and Hindus. With routine negative news coming out of Kashmir, the impression of a common man even in south India is very negative.

The best is to avoid reading comments section completely.

What would you say the root cause of this hate is?

What would you say the root cause of this hate is?

Everyone in India knows that we have been under Islamic rule for almost 800 years before British overthrew them. The hate comes from there. It’s all available in YouTube to see.

We have been slaves in our own land under a foreign rule and culture. Not easy to digest that fact for many. Combine that with Kashmir issue and the constant negative news that comes from around the world regarding islam.

Since we cannot do anything about Arabs or Turks or the central Asian Muslim conquerors they have routinely owned us, many Hindus take it out against Indian Muslims who have nothing to do with the invaders.

Our right wing Govt hugs those same people whose ancestors enslaved us and take out the frustration on Muslims(mostly poor folk). The rich ones are usually not targeted. Pathetic situation.

Not to forget, India finally has the muscle and money to be a reasonably big player at global level. A common man also understands this and want think that we can do what the USA does to 3rd world countries. The delusion of we can beat anyone has crept into everyone ‘s mind.

Many of my fellow countrymen might disagree with me. But this is my opinion based on my stay in India and the interaction with hundreds of Indians.

There are many peace advocating ones too. But the war mongering ones far out weigh them.

Back