CT:2nd Semi Final: WI Vs SA, Jaipur

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
So will it be the mighty SA or the robust Windies ?

From CrickB.com

West Indies had a not so good beginning in the qualifiers but they beat the Aussies straightaway to stamp some authority. However, they almost lost to India and failed to defend a challenging total against England. But the defending champions tag will do their confidence a world of good and the Lara-led team will be keen on defending the total and bringing back the glory of the initial World Cups.

South Africa too didn't have a great start and lost to the Kiwis, defending a small total. They came back well to beat the Lankans and showed a lot of grit to beat the Pakistanis in the virtual quarter final. To their advantage, Kemp, Boucher, Pollock and Ntini have been in good nick whereas on the flip side, they key players like Gibbs, Kallis, Smith and Dippenaar are yet to fire properly.

It is even-stevens as of now as the teams lock horns for a ticket to Mumbai for the big final. You can catch all the action LIVE at 09:00 GMT!!!

South Africa: Graeme Smith (c), Boeta Dippenaar, Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, Mark Boucher (w), Justin Kemp, Shaun Pollock, Andre Nel, Makhaya Ntini, Charl Langeveldt, Loots Bosman,
Andrew Hall, Robin Peterson

West Indies: Chris Gayle, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Dwayne Bravo, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Brian Lara (c), Marlon Samuels, Runako Morton, Carlton Baugh (w), Corey Collymore, Jerome Taylor, Fidel Edwards, Wavell Hinds, Dwayne Smith, Ian Bradshaw

So people think SA got lucky with Pakistan ?

I am now rooting for SA to win the tournament ! atleast we can say that we got beaten by the best team in the tournament !

MIG said:
So people think SA got lucky with Pakistan ?

I am now rooting for SA to win the tournament ! atleast we can say that we got beaten by the best team in the tournament !

Because today will be different pitch and may b slower one and WI have some part time spinners who can cause problems or slow down run rate

I fancy South Africa.

They were awesome against us. I'll be rooting for my second team though, the Windies.

All the stumps are in a quarrel with each other.Smith looks disturbed and upset as taylor makes himself a fudge.A bit late yes.(cough)

Bosman lucky not to be given out for that LBW.
Probably wouldve gone on to hit Middle and leg.

Bosman's looked hopeless for most of this innings, main thing is he tries to cash in on his early fortune.

SA 1/53
12.2 overs

Bosman and Kallis settling in.
Taylor is bowling well for WI.

This thread should be closed.No one seems interested.Waisay bhi hum sog mana rahay hain

Why should it be closed?
There are people who want to know they results.
I want to know the scores.

Kallis seems to be playing a typical innings. Striking and timing the ball well but straight to a fielder

Bosman gone!
Leading edge!
Gayle gets the catch off Samuels!

Grasshopper said:
this is the best fielding side for West Indies i have seen for many years
GH you just got that from the commentators.
Try and think of something smarter next time. ;)

3/100
24 overs.
Like A2G said, RSA will probably make 240-250.

tight bowling by gayle . he has to be man of the tournamount for me so far

Back