Day 4 Thread

Poor decision looking at replays but I have to say my first instinct when watching it live was that it was out

yes

Hoggard to Younis, out Lbw!! What a bowling change, Younis walks across the stumps to play across, the ball nipped back a long way to beat him to hit the pads, Simon Taufel signals out, seems to marginally miss the leg, though! Y Khan lbw b M Hoggard 27(41) 4s-3 6s-0

marginal decesion

Ace Base said:
Same as everyday.

A plate of hommous and a diet Coke.

Plain hommous???!!!!

That doesn't sound very appetizing. Surley a bit of bread wud do no harm!

Last edited:
the true passionist said:
what? only 35 mins

No mate extended 2nd session, becoz of bad light earlier. they will play till 10.22am UK time

This is the umpire who was voted best umpire by the players for 2 years running. Gorrey players perhaps. :12:

it was down the leg and i think there was also some bat on it disgraceful descion

This is turning into a borefest. Pakistan will now further retreat into their shells.

I have to say that it looked out watching it live. On the replay, it seems Younis is unlucky. The umpiring in this test has been absolutely abysmal. Wrong decisions going both ways with Pakistan getting the majority of howlers. Luckily Pakistan has been playing excellant cricket which is negating the bad decisions going their way.

Last edited:
if one were to to look at statistics and see how many decisions went in favour of Pakistan and how many against them - it will be very interesting

Ace Base said:
This is turning into a borefest. Pakistan will now further retreat into their shells.

finished your humus and diet coke rather early.... couldn't keep away for long? :p

Okay heres the plan we lead now by 120, we keep going at this rate maube a bit quciker to a lead of 200 we get to a lead of 200 ideally to down but no more than 3 def no more than 4 down then we just launch an all out attack I anticpate this being midway through the next session it seems the best tactic to me what do u guys think?

with umpires like hair and rudi ..all the more reason for Pakistan to hold on to those sitters that they keep dropping ..otherwise they will struggle ..and will be just above bangladesh and zimbawe

Classic piece of commentary by the guardian...LOL

Yousuf tucks Hoggard to long leg for a single to open his account, but Butt will have to wait for his half-century. On come the drinks. "Maybe England could pretend there's a snake in Salman Butt's crease," says Harry Priestley. "Then, when a surprised Butt jumps out of the way, Harmy could craftily whip off his bails."

***!! these goreh are really hitting the nail on the head!! inshallah we still win and fkin rub it into them, i hope the crowd all rush em

nafajafam said:
finished your humus and diet coke rather early.... couldn't keep away for long? :p

Lol! I was waiting for Butt to get his 50.

But it looks like that's going to be some time now.

Anyway, Ma' asalaamah everyone and see you in 30 mins Inshallah.

yk said:
Classic piece of commentary by the guardian...LOL

Yousuf tucks Hoggard to long leg for a single to open his account, but Butt will have to wait for his half-century. On come the drinks. "Maybe England could pretend there's a snake in Salman Butt's crease," says Harry Priestley. "Then, when a surprised Butt jumps out of the way, Harmy could craftily whip off his bails."

:))) :))) harry keep it up

people say that umpring decisions even out in the end - i am afraid that is not true in the case of Pakistan ..Decisons go against them with alarming regularity which makes the fans wonder at time .. Is this Cricket ??

What is pakistan's strategy here? Are they jst playing to save the game?

sars_pal said:
Okay heres the plan we lead now by 120, we keep going at this rate maube a bit quciker to a lead of 200 we get to a lead of 200 ideally to down but no more than 3 def no more than 4 down then we just launch an all out attack I anticpate this being midway through the next session it seems the best tactic to me what do u guys think?

i think thats what they are trying to do. an all out attack is certainly planned for later.

I dont think Inzy is going for a win. From the batsmen it looks like we are in for a draw.

karachiite said:
What is pakistan's strategy here? Are they jst playing to save the game?

As I just said I think it should be keep crwaling safely to a lead of 200 then when they have a lead with 200 launch an all out attack to get some where near the 300 mark even Bob willis said England are no way chasing down 300 on the last day there

They are letting the batsman decide what to do. Thats okay with me. Spend some time in the middle and work the ball around. You can always explode for 10-15 overs and put up 70-100 runs on the board as long as you have wickets to back yourself up. No point going crazy from the get go.

That's OUT...according to Paul Allott...typical comentary from him. No apology when he is proven wrong!

sars_pal said:
As I just said I think it should be keep crwaling safely to a lead of 200 then when they have a lead with 200 launch an all out attack to get some where near the 300 mark even Bob willis said England are no way chasing down 300 on the last day there

Session and a half left. That makes it around 40 overs for the day if pakistan dont accept the light then maybe a few more. At current rate, they will need 30 overs to reach 200. Doesnt levae much time to build on the lead if their going for the win.

why are they going for the draw, they better not be, im gona be ****** off!

this is getting ridiculous we need to complain this umpring and cheatery is runing cricket

The match is hanging in the balance now. These two really need to concentrate otherwise we might be looking towards a defeat.

It was a harsh call although not as harsh as the first. He however was quick to raise his finger to the lbw.

karachiite said:
Hair disallows the run, how far was he from the danger area?

The second warning was fair enough, he set off and then changed direction and ran across the middle of the pitch.

allot and botham are first class idiots - infact sanjay mentioned that they were celebrating like kids when Akmal was out in the second innings of previous test match ..little did they know what was in store for them on the 5 th day ..would have loved to look at those faces ..

OMG look at grandads figures...This is embarrasing

Bowlers: O M R W Econ
SD Udal 4 1 5 0 1.07

Inny isnt happy he is right but come on boy dont let it get u down now show the bugger with the bat we can complain after we win this

Back