Day 4 Thread

Ace Base said:
Pakistan will lead by 250 runs, Inshallah at close of play.

I am almost certain now, that the match will be drawn.

Pakistan is capable of bowling out England on the last day.

Raz said:
If Bowden is a disgrace to humanity what does that make Rudi? :16:

Rudi does not even classify as humanity. A dead goat would do a better job of umpiring than him.

DAMN!!!! I know!!!! If she aint hot property no-one is!!

4 days and one session later, there is still NOTHING in the pitch.

Or perhap's there is nothing in the English bowlers?

Hash said:
Rudi does not even classify as humanity. A dead goat would do a better job of umpiring than him.

:))) :))) :))) :))) :)))

Good one Hash!!

Ace Base said:
4 days and one session later, there is still NOTHING in the pitch.

Or perhap's there is nothing in the English bowlers?

:19:

nafajafam said:
Pakistan is capable of bowling out England on the last day.

I hope so, akhi. But I believe in being realistic.

That way, if Pakistan wins, I'm pleasantly surprised.

If the match is drawn I'm not disappointed as it is something i expected.

If Pakistan loses, I'm disgusted.

Has anybody noticed how everybody made a big hue and cry over spinning pitches and how there was this talk of spinners being the deciding factor?

Well, most of the wickets in this series so far, have fallen to the quicks.

Ace Base said:
Has anybody noticed how everybody made a big hue and cry over spinning pitches and how there was this talk of spinners being the deciding factor?

Well, most of the wickets in this series so far, have fallen to the quicks.

Akhi, I think Pakistan have beautifully played with the England minds, and it has meant that England have fielded 2 spinners and that has worked to Pakistan's advantage.

younis and salman almost collided while running.. stopped... got into each other's way again... got lil confused... paniced.. and reached their ends. :))

Its probably just me, but if Hair was a bit shorter he'd look perfect for the role of Penguin

Daoud said:
Its probably just me, but if Hair was a bit shorter he'd look perfect for the role of Penguin

:))) :))) :))) yeah so true!

There is one thing that all these predictions about pakistan's end of day total don't take into account.(IE: if they score at 3 rusn per over, blah blah blah)

And that thing is Shahid Khan Afridi.

Last edited:
nafajafam said:
he has the perfect nose for that role. :))
Thats what I was thinking. The nose, the large belly in proportion to his legs - its perfect :))

zaf1986 said:
Akhi, I think Pakistan have beautifully played with the England minds, and it has meant that England have fielded 2 spinners and that has worked to Pakistan's advantage.

Yes, akhi, I think you may be right. In fact, I think this could be a brilliant discussion if somebody starts a thread on this.

Do you think, akhi, that this might be Bob Woolmer's genius showing here?

27.1 Giles to Younis Khan, one run, well tossed up, on leg sump, turned
to deep midwicket, they hug eachother on the way comleting this
single !

Whats that all about?

Ace Base said:
Yes, akhi, I think you may be right. In fact, I think this could be a brilliant discussion if somebody starts a thread on this.

Do you think, akhi, that this might be Bob Woolmer's genius showing here?
BW & Inzi make a good partnership. If we win the series, the mind games have certainly worked. Giles we all knew was crap, and the less said about Udal the better.

Ace Base said:
single !

Whats that all about?

Both were ball watching, and so collided.

Ace Base said:
single !

Whats that all about?

younis and salman almost collided while running.. stopped... got into each other's way again... got lil confused... paniced.. and reached their ends.

WAT are they playing at??!!!?? The run rate is 2.93. Do they want to win this match or what????

yk said:
WAT are they playing at??!!!?? The run rate is 2.93. Do they want to win this match or what????
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Get a move on lads.

Mat O M R W Best Ave Econ SR 5 10

AF Giles 2 68 8 218 3 2-85 72.66 3.20 136.0 0 0

That's England's best spinner for you.

Wheelie Bin.

yk said:

Pakistan needs 150 odd more to be secure. its achievable playing lil safe.

looking at the pitch conditions anything less than 300 will be gettable for ENG..and the way Pakistanis are batting loooks like they are looking for a draw abs no urgency shown by both of these

Except for Hasan Raza, Pakistan have had no real batting failures, Masha Allah.

England in the meanwhile have had at least 4.

Could this be the difference between the sides?

91 for 1 (107 ahead)

Butt not out 42
Younis not out 21

They are doing fine. We need to build a solid platform first and we have plenty of hitters to come later.

30th over: Pakistan 87-1 (Salman Butt 41, Younis Khan 18)

Giles continues after the drinks break and Vaughan claps his hands encouragingly, but it's more of a going-through-the-motions clap than a come-on-boys-we-can-win-this clap. Crucial difference. "Not wanting to be slanderous here," says Peter as the Guardian lawyers ***** up their ears, "but umpire Hair is not the most appropriate umpire to have standing in a test on the subcontinent. Neutral he may be by nationality, but he has a track record of gratuitous 'misjudgments' which tend to disadvantage subcontinental teams. He's had a bee in his bonnet since the Murali outrage of 1995..."

From the Guardian over-by-over commentary, nice to see it's not just the Asians who've noticed it

The key, if we are going for a win, is to get Trescothick and Pietersen early. The rest will fail anyway.

Run rate is now 2.84......looks like they are playing for the draw. whcih is sad really.

I was hoping they get 150 runs in this sessions, which wud take the score to 200. and then go slog mode in the last hour and get 100 runs. Lead will be 300 and then declare. Give England 1 day to bat. 10 wickets in 1 day no problem.

lets set a target before thinking about the bowling

yk said:
Run rate is now 2.84......looks like they are playing for the draw. whcih is sad really.

I was hoping they get 150 runs in this sessions, which wud take the score to 200. and then go slog mode in the last hour and get 100 runs. Lead will be 300 and then declare. Give England 1 day to bat. 10 wickets in 1 day no problem.

I would consider 280 to be enough personally.

Big Mac said:
From the Guardian over-by-over commentary, nice to see it's not just the Asians who've noticed it

good to see others are realising/noticing this. would be nice if some appropriate action is taken in the future. thanks big mac.

The only man who can change the course of this game is Afridi of "Bangalore Fame" . If he is there for 15 odd overs ..anything can happen

Hope ..Inzy gambles with Shahid ..and even RANA ..who showed that he could use the long handle to good affect

Inzi, Yousuf, Afridi, Kamran, Rana, Sami and Shoaib are all capable of scoring quickly.

I think the plan is to lay the foundation before accelerating and then finally going ballistic.
They are doing a fine job at laying the foundation right now. 96 for 1....lead of 112. Keep going boys!

What the hell, England's crappiest bowler comes on, and the run rate goes DOWN? :12:

but honestly speaking Pakistan do not deserve to win this match after dropping so many sitters ..only pakistan could have dropped those catches

Is pakistan not trying to win this game. The way these guys are playing the game is going towards draw?

Okay, I'm going to lunch now. I'm sure I won't be missing anything.

Believe it not. we are making a mistake here. They are playing WAY 2 slowly. We needed a solid target of 300. NOT 250!!!

1 hour and 20 mins left to tea. Surley a bit of Acceleration.....80 more runs PLZ if not 100.

Back