Day 4 Thread

that was a wreckless charge down the wicket by Moyo no need for it now lucky tho and he survives

and finally, is the pitch conducive to spin at the moment - I see Udal is bowling well ....

MenInGreen said:
a lead of 250+ is possible by tonight ?

i doubt MIG. Pak are in a state of bother. we cant afford to lose a wicket now. and for those who wish Afridi should bat tonight i wud remind them that Afridi is hit-n-go type player. plz pray that Inzi and Yusuf are there at least 200 with lead

MenInGreen said:
and finally, is the pitch conducive to spin at the moment - I see Udal is bowling well ....

Miggy, its usual pakistani batting making him look like Laker

MenInGreen said:
With Afridi not playing in the last match - Pak need to close the issue here ! We may not be in such a comfortable position again !

yar we are not in a comfortable position now. we could have been if our fielders wud have taken even half of those chances. Yk and Salman are played very slowly and then 2 bad decision by umpires

Rameez disgusted that Inzi given NOT OUT.

Rameez is taling 'chamcha-ness' to new levels!

Compare that to Paul Allot who shouted OUT when Yusuf smashed the ball into his pads!

Waqar also stunned-these 2 have lost any respect I ever had for them

Last edited:
why is wquar so devatstaed england dint get that wicket it was a 50/50 call and evenm if it was a bad call it no worse than what happened to butt or younis

250 plus by the end of today and its game on baby. Screw the umps and the English team. We can do it all we need is a defandable total. Just play sensible till tea and then buckwild time.

I have noticed - Waqar and Rameez are crestfallen when Pakistan is doing well .. they should learn from shastri and gavaskar - English as well as how to stand up for your countrymen

Lead is 149 at tea. That is a massive 50 runs short of what it shud have been, it cud have easily been 200. Now lets see wat the strategy will be after tea.

SURLEY ACCELERATION!!!!

yk said:
Lead is 149 at tea. That is a massive 50 runs short of what it shud have been, it cud have easily been 200. Now lets see wat the strategy will be after tea.

SURLEY ACCELERATION!!!!

we cant go wild now. we have lost 2 quick wickets and Yusuf and Inzi are not IN yet. Salman and YK wkts were big set backs to us together with our pathetic fielding and the last wkt partnership of Harami and Udal

280 will be a perfect score to set, however Inzy and Yousuf need to take them upto a 200 lead, The Buttery and The Beast should then propel the score upto the aformentioned target. :)

Well if when you wickets to bad decisions and on regular intervals the run rate suffers. They are doing okay though.

Mohammed Akram just said Hair always screws over Asians and loves being in the lime light and he is no good for cricklet well saisd Akram take a bow

nedian i'm not saying go out all gunz balzing. even though the beast probably will. we shud look 2 score 4-5 runs an over. singles and 2's. This last session is gonna be short, 1 hour only. If light is 50-50, then batsmen shud stay and continue to play until it gets dark like Karachi 2000

the inzi lbw did look plumb tbh, perhaps outside the line and Taufel keeping his head

nafajafam said:
butt, younis, inzi all given bad decisions.... inzi's is in his favour this time.

Butt and Younis' decisions were fine. They may not have been correct but they looked plumb first up and if you feel aggrieved over such decisions then I'm afraid you're going to be angry every time you watch cricket.

I honestly believe that taufel was balancing that out with the incorrect younis dismissal that he gave. Because this one really looked straight.

I notice nobody has mentioned Bob Willis completely ripping into Darell Hair for both warnings to Butt AND for warning Kaneria as well. We can't complain about one sided reporting from the media and then refuse to give credit to Willis just because we've decided we don't like him

Billy said:
Butt and Younis' decisions were fine. They may not have been correct but they looked plumb first up and if you feel aggrieved over such decisions then I'm afraid you're going to be angry every time you watch cricket.

who said anything about being aggrieved?

OK, well one person mentioned it while I was typing my post ;0

Big Mac said:
I notice nobody has mentioned Bob Willis completely ripping into Darell Hair for both warnings to Butt AND for warning Kaneria as well. We can't complain about one sided reporting from the media and then refuse to give credit to Willis just because we've decided we don't like him

I did 2 posts above yours.

sars_pal said:
why is wquar so devatstaed england dint get that wicket it was a 50/50 call and evenm if it was a bad call it no worse than what happened to butt or younis

Be positive. Waqar was also very vocal abt Younis decision. He is much more consistent with his commentary then the other comms. I think I have said it now for 2 years, and I cant say enough of it, Ramiz is an absolute disgrace.

Gwann Inzi up the tempo, forget ure talk of 'Looooooosssee Balls' smack the good balls for 6 as well.

Billy said:

If you think they were out, then either you havent watched much cricket or are just plain biased. pick one!

I think ..Pakistan should play as long as possible today and not accept badlight ..chasing over 200 on a last day pitch will take some getting yaar .

Billy said:

Certainly not Billy.Younis was going down the leg side even in real-time. Salman was marginal and the benefit shd have gone to the batter. I am surprised coz both umpires in 1st innings were not given any decisions unless they were very straight. Why it all changed they suddenly gave two marginal decisions all of a sudden is something I dont get.Inzy's decision [or lack of it] was also incorrect.

Pakistan have to play like real fools to lose from here ..(although in cricket anything can happen ) .. Pressure will be on England ..Afridi and Kaneria could be a handful on this pitch ..afridi was getting a lot of turn today

more than butts dismissal ..it was YK's wicket that put brakes on the pak innings ..he was scoring and a decent rate ..and nor yousuf is playing very slowly

Hmmmm, the crowd in that row holding up a letter each and spelling out "KAPATINS"

Who says the country has a high rate of illiteracy?

53.1 Udal to Inzamam, 3 runs, pitched very short, pulls it to backward square leg, quickly back for the second, slight overthrow and Inzy sprints across the track for the third, impressive running!

INZI ZINDABAAD

Make no mistakes .. I have seen yousuf play many breezy knocks ..he should play second fiddle to inzy and allow the the big man to sore ..after that inzy and yousuf can cut loose

Big Mac said:
Hmmmm, the crowd in that row holding up a letter each and spelling out "KAPATINS"

Who says the country has a high rate of illiteracy?

they also ahve to chesse burgrs there also

:))) :))) :)))

inzy should run into hair ..and take him out ..and then pretend that it was accidental -- and apologise

Inzi better be careful here; he might cop a fine and/or ban.

Even 4.5 per over from here will not take Pakistan past 250.

The momentum and opportunity has been lost.

As I said at the start of day 2, Match Drawn.

CrickFan said:
inzy should run into hair ..and take him out ..and then pretend that it was accidental -- and apologise

I would pay a hundred bucks to see that!

54.6 Flintoff to Inzamam, leg byes, FOUR!!, another one that drifted, brushes the pads and beats Jones!

we dont mind the more the merrier

"As it is common practice for supermarkets to pipe out smells of lovely foodstuff (fresh bread etc) in order to sell produce, would it contravene the spirit of the game if the England managment team started piping smells of delicious curries around the ground in order to distract Inzi?" asks Tom Van Der Gucht.

From Guardian Unlimited

carry on hair...carry on bell

if england win this match. no matter how it is. though they probably wont.

but if they do pakistan will perform like real angry wounded tigers (imran) and we all know what they can do

bring it on england....bring it on!

wow England Appelaed and Hair said not out!!! next thing Harmison will break laras record

sry i missed it.. what is ramiz goingon about warning inzi here? what did inzid o?

Ace Base said:
Inzi better be careful here; he might cop a fine and/or ban.

Even 4.5 per over from here will not take Pakistan past 250.

The momentum and opportunity has been lost.

As I said at the start of day 2, Match Drawn.

gonna score 7 an over Ace Base :D

Back