Do you think Bangladesh can win their upcoming Test match against India?

pacesensation

Local Club Star
Runs
Judging the recent performance of Bangladesh and the arrival of mehdi the offie
(who I think can counter the effect of ashwin)
Together with one of the best test allrounders atleast in asia ie shakib ul hasan (cannot say much about him outside asia due to lack of data).

Bangladesh's batting has improved.. addition of Sabir Rahman has strengthened their batting order

And the return of fit-again Mustafizur Rahman. I hope he is at peak fitness

I think that Bangla bros have a real chance of beating india.

Last but not the least, if bangladesh wins the toss and bats first, I think it will be 60(Bangladesh)-40(india)

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION]
[MENTION=137142]JaDed[/MENTION]
[MENTION=137485]Dios[/MENTION]
@Xeebin
[MENTION=130260]Executioner[/MENTION]
@sensigble-indian-fan
[MENTION=90229]Sandeep[/MENTION]
[MENTION=68690]Statsman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=136446]Mainul[/MENTION]
[MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION]
@streetcricketer

To me it appears that Bangla-bros are going to create history in india this time

Any thoughts

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Look at how we're being trampled by Root and England.

The definition of sitting ducks: India.

India will start as favorites as long as best XI is selected.

Absolutely.

Look at how we're being trampled by Root and England.

The definition of sitting ducks: India.

I did not mention you because you always say yes to anything that implies "will india get defeated"

Be serious plz

I did not mention you because you always say yes to anything that implies "will india get defeated"

Be serious plz

So you've started a thread declaring that Bangladesh will 'create history' and beat India and want me to be serious and deny it?

So you've started a thread declaring that Bangladesh will 'create history' and beat India and want me to be serious and deny it?

I asked question?
gave my reasons

You can answer with reasons, if you do not agree. :)

India will beat Bangladesh. Bangladesh don't have a batter as good as Root and I'll back Indian batters to perform better than England did vs Bangladesh spinners.

Not improbable but not highly likely.

Our pace attack is a joke.

No chance.

But a draw would be a great result.

If we lose but take 15 Indian wickets that will be a top effort too.

For now just hoping England wins at least 1 Test before Anderson comes back so we can say we beat an England team that beat India in India.

Nope atleast imo they can't, not yet but defn their performance will be good,somehow they have a mental block when coming out of Bangladesh that too into India.

If it be flat wicket it could be DRAW. Else it would be ind win. Though I think bd will fight if pitch be a turner. Don't think bd has chance of win at ever First try in India.

Judging the recent performance of Bangladesh and the arrival of mehdi the offie
(who I think can counter the effect of ashwin)
Together with one of the best test allrounders atleast in asia ie shakib ul hasan (cannot say much about him outside asia due to lack of data).

Bangladesh's batting has improved.. addition of Sabir Rahman has strengthened their batting order

And the return of fit-again Mustafizur Rahman. I hope he is at peak fitness

I think that Bangla bros have a real chance of beating india.

Last but not the least, if bangladesh wins the toss and bats first, I think it will be 60(Bangladesh)-40(india)

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION]
[MENTION=137142]JaDed[/MENTION]
[MENTION=137485]Dios[/MENTION]
@Xeebin
[MENTION=130260]Executioner[/MENTION]
@sensigble-indian-fan
[MENTION=90229]Sandeep[/MENTION]
[MENTION=68690]Statsman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=136446]Mainul[/MENTION]
[MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION]
@streetcricketer

To me it appears that Bangla-bros are going to create history in india this time

Any thoughts

I answered this question in another thread. There hasn't been anything changed since then (apart from Trump winning the election), to alter a single word from that -

First, India is damn good at home.

If I recall correctly, SAF has lost 4 of the last 5 Tests there (would have been 5-0 without rain), NZ has lost last 7, 7-0 (?), West Indies were so embarrassing that I can't recall their result, probably only draw in this millennium was courtesy of an Ashwin mistake; AUS has lost 6-0 in last 6 & that too after winning all 6 tosses. SRL didn't play Test in recent times, but their last ODI trip was embarrassment of it's own. Only team that had a surprise success there was England. Based on that, some of the comments I read here actually indicates double standard for Bangladesh & a bit of shallow. All those main Aussie, English, SAF, Kiwi & West Indian players are touring India every year at least once for IPL, sometimes twice & even thrice when there was CL T20; and our boys will be touring there second time in last 10-12 years, with T20 WC been the only other occasion - that's 4 T20 matches.

Having said that, I think, our batting in similar condition is as good as any team. What happens with every emerging team is individual stats often is below per than players' actual capability, because of poor early days. Players like Mushi, Imrul, Mahmood are averaging just around 30, but I do believe they are much better player than that, particularly on Asian wickets; even an average of 40 for Tamim doesn't justify his capability, while Ashraful averaged just about 25. On contrary, our new boys (Sabbir, Momin) has better career stats, simply because they have started their career with a better unit. Batting wise, I am sure boys will do far better than any non Asian teams, in fact SRL as well after Sanga & Mahela. Besides, our boys are probably among top 3 spin playing team now & there is a decent batting depth - so, I don't think, batting wise it's a bigger challenge. On good wicket, batting first, we can post 450+.

Telling difference will be in bowling. Indian Test wickets are actually quite balanced - pacers has a role there both with new & old ball. To me, on similar wickets, Indian attack is best in world, not only because of the spin pair (or trio, Mishra will trouble many teams, as the Kiwis found today), but Indian pacers as well, who are excellent user of new ball. Recently, they have won couple of Tests in WI & at Eden on a bit of sluggish wicket, with their use of new ball & reverse swing. 5 men Indian attack is capable of taking 20 wickets against any team in India, where we are lagging big time. As of now, I think, subject to full fitness, we have 4 bowlers for Indian/similar wickets - Sakib, Miraj, Taijul & Mustafiz. We'll have to find a new ball partner for Mustafiz to make it a very good attack for such South Asian wickets (barring PAK, which are absolute rubbish - worst advertisement for Test cricket).

Playing a solo Test has it's benefits & draw backs - negative is that, you hardly get any chance to correct your mistakes, hardly get time to prepare; but the advantage is that you can catch the better side off guard on a bad day. Unless it rains, Test won't be drawn in India under Kohli, so we'll either win or lose. Our chance starts from the 1st morning - without winning the toss, I don't see any chance of winning, even draw is not possible, because Virat won't allow a Misbah job - 579/3 @ 3.75 on that Test wicket was as pathetic strategy as you can get, almost resulted drawing the match. Same condition, same opposition - India would have been all-out for 625 in 140 overs & made sure that there is enough overs for 20 wickets. I am really impressed yesterday that boys took the initiative & scored at 5/over - often on such wickets, after conceding a lead, teams bog down to make it ultra safe & get into trouble.

I am not sure, who'll be fit/picked; but, as of now this will be my 12 men playing XI (one to miss-out on match morning) -

Imrul, Tamim
Momin, Mushi*+, Sakib, Mahmood, Sabbir
Miraz, Taijul, Mustafiz,
Mosaddek/Taskin

This is actually a good team for any condition - may be barring AUS on those hard & bouncy wickets. If it's a good, firm batting wicket at Upal, may be batting first, we can get out with a draw with a big 1st innings; but on rank turners, we have a chance of winning it - be slim, but I am sure any team won't like to chase 170+ on Indian Test tracks, in 4th innings against the attack I mentioned earlier!!!

If India keeps dropping all our catches then we can beat them easily :shakib

Mental block of bd players won't make them win. Though I hope for a fight if it be a rank turner. If it be a flat wicket and bd win toss and bat First then a fight also can happen.

On a turning/sporting wicket Bangladesh have a fair chance as they have the right spinners to make use of any turn available. Their batsmen too will be more adept at tackling Ashwin and Jadeja than NZ, SA and England batsmen.

However, if it's a flat pitch like Rajkot India will simply bat Bangladesh out of the match. Hope India continue to be bold against Bangladesh and prepare a sporting wicket. What would be especially fun is if India produce a green top and Bangladesh have Fizz and Taskin available.

if its a track like this Rajkot track i think it will be a Draw
If u get turners then i think India will win because of the superior spin attack.

if its a track like this Rajkot track i think it will be a Draw
If u get turners then i think India will win because of the superior spin attack.

Nah, the other way around. If it's a flat pitch, India will eat Bangladesh alive. Will win 10/10 times. If it's a rank turner, India will win, but only 8/10 times.

Nah, the other way around. If it's a flat pitch, India will eat Bangladesh alive. Will win 10/10 times. If it's a rank turner, India will win, but only 8/10 times.

Those 2/10 win of bd you mentioned can be the ever First test of bd in Ind :D

Ashwin will roll over the team at first day and get 7er evwry innings.

Let us see what happens. It could be miraz rolling over India and get 6fers every innings and shakib gets 4fers every innings. Wait till 8th february next year to see the thriller . Hopping for a close fought match.

Back