England v Australia | 1st Test - Day 5 | Cardiff | 12/7/09

There will be one more over...i think if england survive this, then the game is saved.

Haurtiz has looked not threatening at all.

No overs for Clarke is shocking captaciny for me

Hauritz to continue...hes looked ineffective in the last few overs mightve been an idea to bring johnson? ponting not thinking out of the box at all here very one dimensional captaincy.

the swalec stadium erupts...well done england for showing fight, pakistan take note

:))) great stuff...too bad Monty is gonna be dropped next game :)))

insaftak said:
now thats a good test match

Well yes and no...it was a snoozefest for the most part before suddenly coming alive right at the end.

collingwood must be man of the match, he bailed out England in both innings.

Test cricket isn't going anywhere, why the hell do people keep insisting with the "Test cricket is dying" line?

What an end to the game - brilliant viewing. Thats what test cricket is all about

At the start of the match i wanted England to lose and even whilst Collingwood was batting BUT for some reason as soon as he got out i wanted Anderson/Panesar to do it - great stuff, also the look on Pontings face was priceless :)

Ponting wins man of the match. He's booed. "I'd give this back straight away for another wicket," he chirps. He looks in good fettle, smiling away, not too peeved. He thinks England "did a good job," and almost grimaces while saying it. Australia "can be proud" of how they performed and he won't be pressed on his side's chances on retaining the urn. "We're not jumping to any conclusions and we have to play at the level we played in this game if we're to win."

england need to replace broad with harmisson and drop either panesar or swan for onions this might test the aussie batting, next time if they play like this then they wont get out of jail

Harmison is not the answer, he'll just come back and have a good first match and then just go back to his usual self. Onions on the other hand should come iin.

Heard there was a fight between Johnson and KP during training?

Savak said:
Heard there was a fight between Johnson and KP during training?
no video posted yet. It was a tribute to Beat It I guess

Tensions between the England and Australia camps boiled over on Sunday morning, with Kevin Pietersen and Mitchell Johnson involved in a heated confrontation during the warm-ups. As both teams prepared for the final day's play, Pietersen, the not out batsman, struck a pull-shot in the direction of the Australians, provoking an irascible response from the tourists.

Johnson, Australia's pace spearhead, kicked the ball away and marched across to the England batsman with several of his countrymen in tow. Pietersen, also accompanied by team-mates, responded by advancing on the Australians, but a serious confrontation was averted when Johnson was ushered away by Stuart Clark, the Australian 12th man. Australia would later win the battle, however, dismissing Pietersen for 8 shouldering arms to a straight Ben Hilfenhaus delivery.

http://www.cricinfo.com/engvaus2009/content/current/story/413818.html

Just got back from the Swalec Stadium.

Watched the last 45 overs.

Amazing drama out there - Ponting & co havent stopped whinging about the 12th man & physio coming out.

16000 fans - all close up to the pitch. Didnt see asingle ball of the Pak v SL game - and I didnt miss it for 1 second.

Will post some photos later

great viewing...but have to say Ponting had a complete nightmare for the last couple of hours

(and ofcourse you were there Oxy!! wouldn't expect any less haha)

MEEEHZ said:
great viewing...but have to say Ponting had a complete nightmare for the last couple of hours

(and ofcourse you were there Oxy!! wouldn't expect any less haha)
coudn't agree more, why bowl the parttimer, the last thing a tailender likes to c is ball flying past his nose, ponting should have informe all of his seamers to keep loose when the last pair were in, i think this might haunt him and effect him mentally for the next test

I dont know what the bowling speeds were but Siddel loooked more faster & hostile - and was constantly in the batsmans faces!

OZGOD said:
Drawski is still the most likely scenario given the possibility of rain interruptions. I would really love for us to win this though, with Horroritz bagging some and cleaning them up to rub it in even more. That would really put us in good shape and avoid any Pom headlines about "heroic rearguards saving the draw and winning a moral victory" etc.

LOL what I had feared came to pass! :malik

Back