England v Australia | 5th test | Oval | 20-24 Aug 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry said:
Broad with 4 now. For British Media he will now be the next Flintoff if England pull this off

Flintoff who? He'll be the next Botham for them if he pulls this off

Cricinfo commentators are such nerds :))

Sam Northeast is on as a substitute fielder. Won't it be amusing if he runs out Marcus North. North by Northeast

OZGOD said:
Just our luck that rain would be around when we're batting *cough* swing *cough* :(

What did I say? @#$@#$%@#!!!!

Extreme Pace said:
Jesus what's happening, Australia collapsing here. Katich has a chance to become a hero here, we are in for a great test match.

What do you reckon? It rained like it does every time we bat and we can't play against the swinging ball.

^^ To be honest it hasn't really swung all that much, Australian batsmen just seemed tentative. Hussey and Ponting got themselves out rather then the bowler.

Edit: Another gone

OZGOD said:
What do you reckon? It rained like it does every time we bat and we can't play against the swinging ball.

Good to hear we're not the only one's.

By the way if Aus lose this test they lose the Ashes and RSA go top of the test rankings right? Double whammy that.

Also if Aus draw this test are they still top of the test rankings?

the umpires have decided to give the Ashes to England a series of bad umpiring this time from the Incomparable Asad Rauf (LoLz)

Save us Krapich you're our only (@#$%) hope

Australia only stay at No#1 if they win this match. A lot is riding on this match, if Australia lose i reckon we could see Ponting resigning/sacked as captain.

Need another 200 runs from these two

clueless at the moment

and its not freddie doing the damage

Swann gets the 6th wkt!

Katich gone for 50

Aus: 109-6

Swann to Katich, OUT, Swann gets Katich! Oh, the follow-on looms now! Katich got an inside edge onto the top flap of his pad and it's bobbed up to short leg, who takes a simple catch and Rauf raises the finger

SM Katich c Cook b Swann 50 (107b 7x4 0x6) SR: 46.72

Aussies are gonna have to bat last on this pitch

I'm afraid its just the start of the end now

JOhnson should bat his normal style. Australia get to 200, i am going for the 4th day want that day to happen

Broad gets his 5fer! What a spell! Haddin's stumps shattered

117-7

What a great ball!!

Ball of the match

Arguably series

This is a man of the series effort by Broad

Go England go.I know losing Ashes will hurt Australia like nothing else.

3 and a half days left - aussies trail by 221 with only 3 wickets left.

Incredible.

Only rain can save Ponting's boys now imo.

Incredible - the Ashes lost in a single session lol

I actually hope we follow on. Surely we can't do worse than this.

i predict a draw. it will go down to the final session with australia barely holding on, but this match will be drawn. any one want to place any bets :)

So now we can say that Ponting took $70M from Indian bookies to lose the game. I wonder who got the biggest share....Mike hussey maybe since he scored a duck!

Broad just can't be this good. Aussies have taken money to lose...simple!

OZGOD said:
Incredible - the Ashes lost in a single session lol
It ain't over till the fat lady sings, OZ! Remember, you are only playing the Poms! :asif

Momo said:
It ain't over till the fat lady sings, OZ! Remember, you are only playing the Poms! :asif

It's not looking good though :poodle

7/125 now, MJ has decided to cowlash. I don't know if this is the best thing though - I want us to follow on so we can bat again

Momo said:

Well im afraid te fat ladys already half way down.

Unless Johnson and Siddle get a 100 partnership here and reduce the deficit theres no way the aussies will chase down anything avoer 350-400 on this dust bowl

its englands match to lose now.

OZGOD, do you think Ponting will survive if they lose this game?

Swann gets his 3rd & Eng's 8th

Johnson OUT

131-8

Amazing!

Sufian84 said:

MJ goes

Turning a mile

Ponting's regretting the xi now

Sufian84 said:

NO

Sufian84 said:

I think he will

Theres no way they can kick such a legend out

They might force him to retire gracefully but this is not his last match im sure

I dont wanna boast or anything but I went out for a bit. Came back was just about to turn on the telly and thought ''I guess the Aussies are 131-8'' turned on the telly and lo behold the eight wicket goes down with 131 on the board

Commentators saying rightly:
Aussies havent played bad shots
Just very good bowling

*sallu* said:
I think he will

Theres no way they can kick such a legend out

They might force him to retire gracefully but this is not his last match im sure

this isn't pakistan we're talking about

Johnson gone. Lets see how long Aus can last. By the way whats the score needed to avoid follow on

Juggernaut said:
this isn't pakistan we're talking about

Its ponting we're talking about

THE LEGEND

can not be kicked out

hmmm...............if it was Pakistan stories of the Bookie would come up now

Juggernaut said:
I dont wanna boast or anything but I went out for a bit. Came back was just about to turn on the telly and thought ''I guess the Aussies are 131-8'' turned on the telly and lo behold the eight wicket goes down with 131 on the board

Kindly let me know your thoughts on tomorrow's horse racing results!!!

WTH!!?!

I support the Aussies for the Ashes but what do I get? A Pakistani style collapse!

:pissed: :pissed: :po:

There you go

Asad Rauf having a shocking day

143/9

Crikey. Bit of a howler there I'm afraid

47.3 Swann to Clark, OUT, erm. Oh dear. We've had some shockers this summer, but that takes the biscuit and the tin. Clark pats forward, bat nowhere near the ball which takes the top of his pad, ballooning to silly point...and up goes the finger. In the umpire's defence, the bat flicked the pad, so he obviously heard something...

This will be all wrapped up in another 10mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back