England v Australia | ICC Champions Trophy | 08/06/13 | England Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another slow innings by Trott

despite his average hes a poor ODI player I'd say

He has a better strike rate than :moyo and :inzi with a far better average and I don't see many people calling them poor ODI players.

He has a better strike rate than :moyo and :inzi with a far better average and I don't see many people calling them poor ODI players.

different era.

SR of 85 is must today

also they could accelerate if needed.Trott doesnt seem able too as shown by his innings the other day chasing 360

Last edited:
England are going to lose this match if they don't get a move-on.

Cook is a good ODI opener but I don't like to see Bell and Trott bat together. They can't leave it all to Morgs and Buttler.

Trott averages 50 in this format so I'd drop Bell and put Hales in at #2.

England should declare now... after all they have scored more runs than 65 :yk

Eng got a solid start and can end up having 270-80 on the board but i still feel Aussies can win it England really gonna miss Finn & Swann today...Bopara will be smashed today by Aussies

I like England's approach. Not pretty but effective.

Having Cook, Bell and Trott as your top 3 pretty ensures there wouldn't be a collapse.

We can do the same with Azhar opening and Misbah at 3. It will prevent the collapses but the problem is we don't have a Morgan or a Buttler who can accelerate without throwing his wicket away.

Umar can score quickly but he is also unable to stay at the wicket. I've lost count the number of times he has thrown his wicket away in the batting PP.

different era.

SR of 85 is must today

also they could accelerate if needed.Trott doesnt seem able too as shown by his innings the other day chasing 360

A number 3 with an average of 50 and a very respectable SR is what many teams dream of :moyo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>England you can hit the ball over the top you know!! Stubborn & one dimensional game plan, could be costly? <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23AUSvENG">#AUSvENG</a><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23ct13">#ct13</a></p>— Tom Moody (@TomMoodyCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomMoodyCricket/status/343329406481227776">June 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Whatever happens @<a href="https://twitter.com/eoin16">eoin16</a> has to come in next... This innings needs a injection ..!!</p>— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelVaughan/status/343328906327257088">June 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

England - Possibly the most boring international team? :13:

I agree with Tom Moody, wickets in hand, Bell well set but playing along the ground, go over the top, take a few risks.

Atleast Trott is miles ahead than our no 3 who has perfect technique yet he is castled :hafeez

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>trott & bell playing double anchors <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23notrhymingslang">#notrhymingslang</a></p>— mark butcher (@markbutcher72) <a href="https://twitter.com/markbutcher72/status/343332502842257412">June 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

England's batting is truly boring to watch. Especially trott.

Whenever i see England batting i miss that Trescothick guy my fav bat from England. Who else miss Marcus Trescothick here?

Khan: "If you drop a catch on purpose because you know next batsmen coming in is more dangerous than the both batsmen at the crease. Is that against the spirit of cricket?"

Tom: "@Khan Our team did that during a club final. They send in a 13year old kid to give him a chance. We made sure he stayed in till the end. So we dropped him 6 times and never bowled straight to him. He only scored 3 runs off 40 balls. We managed to win as well."

Khan: "If you drop a catch on purpose because you know next batsmen coming in is more dangerous than the both batsmen at the crease. Is that against the spirit of cricket?"

Tom: "@Khan Our team did that during a club final. They send in a 13year old kid to give him a chance. We made sure he stayed in till the end. So we dropped him 6 times and never bowled straight to him. He only scored 3 runs off 40 balls. We managed to win as well."
The kid should have hit the stumps :hafeez

Trott and bell are really hurting my fantasy team give other batters a chance #EoinJOs

Predict the final score i will got with about 280

I don't know what people are on about. These two have laid a terrific platform.

They did their job and now it's time for the likes of Morgan and Buttler to do their job.

If they fail to do so, blame them not these two.

Lol the poor man's Junaid mouthing off Trott :)) aggression doesn't work when you pick up a random wicket after getting carted around.

Who knows he might smash a 100 against you guys considering your tradition of making superstars out of nobodies :malik
I think he suffers from the same condition :farhat has lol most of the Pakistani fans on here would take most of our batsmen in a heart beat lol

Bell failed to get a 100 against NZ after scoring 82 and now failed at 91 against Aussies.

Who knows he might smash a 100 against you guys considering your tradition of making superstars out of nobodies :malik

Problem is he's worse than a nobody :amla

It would be a miracle if he survives Junaid and Irfan early on, let alone hanging around long enough to face Ajmal.

Problem is he's worse than a nobody :amla

It would be a miracle if he survives Junaid and Irfan early on, let alone hanging around long enough to face Ajmal.

The classic tradition of underestimating the opposition. I guess that worked out well against the Windies didn't it? :msd

And by the way making a superstar out of nobody isn't worse than getting whitewashed by Bangladesh :ajmal

The Kid Root gone now a collapse on cards...

so anybody up for some hits by Buttler again?

And by the way making a superstar out of nobody isn't worse than getting whitewashed by Bangladesh :ajmal
Hmm... recently we beat England in England and SA in SA... When was the last time you won a series away from home?..

They should have sent Buttler to settle thn sending Bopara his form with bat is awful these days...

I don't know what people are on about. These two have laid a terrific platform.

They did their job and now it's time for the likes of Morgan and Buttler to do their job.

If they fail to do so, blame them not these two.

no cant expect new batsmen to force the pace straightaway.it should be done by well set batsmen like Bell n Trott were

Hmm... recently we beat England in England and SA in SA... When was the last time you won a series away from home?..

A couple of months ago against First Ranked Indians in their own backyard you forgot?

Starc/Pattinson/Cummins/Siddle/McKay/Faulkner

Aus can afford to donate a couple to India. Most of these bowlers will have to sit out just because there is too much talent there.

Fact: In the 12 ODI's Root have played this was the first time he got out for a under 25 score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back