Australia v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Brisbane | Jan 13, 2017 | Pakistan Innings

Why are we batting like headless chickens when the required run rate is only 7 rpo? This is idiotic

Maybe you got a wrong meaning of explosive batsman.

Explosive batsman means someone who can UP the run rate as and when he wants.

You are confusing explosive batsmen with power hitters.

Kohli is an explosive batsman.

Just cos he rotates singles and doesn't go for it doesn't make him non explosive.

no youve got it all wrong..there is no such thing as an explosive batsman..these are simply new words to box in players...there are good bastmen, great batsmen and legendary batsmen..end of..all this otehr stuff is nonsense..

a good batsmen is someone who can rotate the strike and in general say 5 times out of ten or 6 out of ten turn a fifty into a hundred..a great batsmen is someone who can turn a match on its head and build an innings...hit big hundreds and fifties but can occasionally falter..a legend is one who is relied upon and delivers everytime pretty much, either in a chase or in setting up a total..he may graft his way there or smash his way..eitehr way he produces innings that result in big runs and big wins..the rest is irrelevant..

Considering he plays most of his shots in the air, I dunno how you will define this as decent technique. Decent technique is being able to hit the shots on the ground. 9 out of 10 times hitting the ball either to deep mid-wicket or getting out trying to cut a ball coming in, shows lack of technique

that is his decision making. he can play fine on the ground at a decent SR. i have seen it many times. he doesn't trust that aspect of his batting enough.

no youve got it all wrong..there is no such thing as an explosive batsman..these are simply new words to box in players...there are good bastmen, great batsmen and legendary batsmen..end of..all this otehr stuff is nonsense..

a good batsmen is someone who can rotate the strike and in general say 5 times out of ten or 6 out of ten turn a fifty into a hundred..a great batsmen is someone who can turn a match on its head and build an innings...hit big hundreds and fifties but can occasionally falter..a legend is one who is relied upon and delivers everytime pretty much, either in a chase or in setting up a total..he may graft his way there or smash his way..eitehr way he produces innings that result in big runs and big wins..the rest is irrelevant..

ODI has changed so your classification is not accurate enough.

Is Rahane a good batsman?

Yes.

Is he a good batsman in ODI?

No.

Would he have been a good batsman in 80s?

Yes.

Same with Ashwin. He would have been a hero in 80s with the bat cos he just doesn't get out in ODIs and can play good quality bowling to notch up 30s and 50s and even 70s.

But he is USELESS today in ODI.

Is Nawaz even a good batsman? I feel like he's shoved in that position because we don't know where to put him. He looks like a plodder and not a proper lower order hitter.

that is his decision making. he can play fine on the ground at a decent SR. i have seen it many times. he doesn't trust that aspect of his batting enough.

mental issues here..why has he not kicked on? he looked decent when he first started and has a decent t20 record at home in domestics..

not happening..I would lower my expectations..if we get to 240 ill be surprised..

If we can get 50/60 from first 10. We will have 80/90 to get off last 10. Highly impossible giving circumstances but still possible. Imad needs to stay at crease or game over.

ODI has changed so your classification is not accurate enough.

Is Rahane a good batsman?

Yes.

Is he a good batsman in ODI?

No.

Would he have been a good batsman in 80s?

Yes.

Same with Ashwin. He would have been a hero in 80s with the bat cos he just doesn't get out in ODIs and can play good quality bowling to notch up 30s and 50s and even 70s.

But he is USELESS today in ODI.

nope it hasnt..you need batsmen who can play proper cricket shots, rotate the strike and take advantage of the fielding restrictions..end of..that has always been the case in odi's..it has never changed..you can get away with hitting more shots nowadays but the basics are the same..the bowling and pitches are worse however..

This run chase echoes of the Misbah era days when we were chasing targets under 300 that would initially seem chaseable. But then our batting would impode and lose badly.
Thought we were past that..

People gonna hate but Afridi was a way better batsman than Nawaz at positions 6-8.

He might be able to succeed as a lower-order hitter. That's the only position left for him

You weren't here to see all the abuse Misbah got for playing him at #7 as a hitter/finisher were you? :))

If we can get 50/60 from first 10. We will have 80/90 to get off last 10. Highly impossible giving circumstances but still possible. Imad needs to stay at crease or game over.

games already over..lets hope they fold in a fighting manner..

Sick of the batting displays

We had a golden chance to go up one up in this odi series after a superb bowling start in the first half. But unfortunately we let the grip go due to sloppy fielding . Still the score of 269 is chaseable in today's era quite easily. In fact I guarantee India would have chased this same score by 8 wickets inside 40 overs. But until we have this excessive baggage and old chairs running this corrupt board , there won't be any improvement. From 1999 I'm sick and tired of looking at these batting collapses. We are officially minnows and only champions of UAE. Part of the reason is Misbah U.L Haq. Cause of his defensive approach and attitude and position saving technique, we are where we are today . And now he has made enough money and he can easily enjoy post retirement on the death of Pakistan cricket . Thank u misbah . Ur a failed captain and a horrible captain . We don't deserve to go to World Cup 2019 for sure where we can't even chase a modest 270 on a flat pitch . Shame on u PCB and Pakistan Cricket

Cant believe pakistani batsmen have allowed travis head to get away with 8 cheap overs of bowling :facepalm:

This is why Misbah and YK needs to be dropped, If Umar Akmal had enough practice in Test he would have chased this down

First of all your opener the great captain leading from the front doesnt deserve a One day cap let alone the captaincy

nope it hasnt..you need batsmen who can play proper cricket shots, rotate the strike and take advantage of the fielding restrictions..end of..that has always been the case in odi's..it has never changed..you can get away with hitting more shots nowadays but the basics are the same..the bowling and pitches are worse however..

I am not comparing batsmanship quality of now vs 80s.

A hack like Dhawan or Rohit today >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rahul Dravid in modern ODIs.

Would Dhawan or Rohit succeed in 80s? No way.

But they are more useful today than many many slow coaches of 80s.

There is a mountain of evidence that points to the new classification needed for modern day LOI.

Does anyone think theres some players playing for themselves? And not for the teams interests. This could be one factor why we are always behind on the rate. I'm just left scratching my head, every single time in chasing same
Old story. They can't be that sensitive to pressure

and stop blaming Misbah now , get over him , its been 2 years since he left the team, 2 years are enough for a captain to get settled and for settling in new players but here the captain has to find a place for himself in the side

Rizwan has done nothing of note in international cricket.

This is why Misbah and YK needs to be dropped, If Umar Akmal had enough practice in Test he would have chased this down

You don't get promoted to the test team as a reward for failing in paijama cricket.

Looking at how things are going our next odi team in west indies will be.

Sharjeel
Azhar
Shehzad
Hafeez
Babar
Akmal
Rizwan
Imad
Amir
Wahab
Umar gul

Junaid khan
Malik
Rahat
Malik

He might be able to succeed as a lower-order hitter. That's the only position left for him

So Misbah and company were right to use him as a slogger at 6 or 7 when we all thought it was harsh on junior. I think we hv wasted him like so many other promising Young cricketers which came before him like Yasir Hameed, imran nazir,Asim kamal just to name few. Omar akmal is now a hopeless case and we shd keep him away from odi and test team. May be play him only in t20s here and there.

how can you rely on batting of Nawaz? Wasim? b
we are playing with only 4 batsmen Azhar Sharjeel Babar and Rizwan

Yeah, which shots can he play on the ground again? Only cover drive as far as I know. Even his cuts and pulls are all ariel. He doesnt have the skills to keep the ball down

from nawaz and imad only one can play and imad is far better then nawaz

I am not comparing batsmanship quality of now vs 80s.

A hack like Dhawan or Rohit today >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rahul Dravid in modern ODIs.

Would Dhawan or Rohit succeed in 80s? No way.

But they are more useful today than many many slow coaches of 80s.

There is a mountain of evidence that points to the new classification needed for modern day LOI.

not talking about slow coaches..akmal isnt a slow coach..he gets on with it..but he cant build an innings..he doesnt know what to leave and what to hit ,when.

this is arguably the best time to play as a batsman in ODI cricket..our players should be making big runs because it is a period where players who are technically deficient can make big runs..but it seems they have rubbish coaches, a backwards weak feeble mentality and a lack of pakistaniat!!

Absolutely no need for Azhar to come out here and play. The game is already lost. Who's going to captain our next game? Imad?

Fake all rounder Nawaz strikes again.

Sick of the golden boy treatment he's got. Decent bowler, handy on turning pitches but a nothing batsman

Looking at how things are going our next odi team in west indies will be.

Sharjeel
Azhar
Shehzad
Hafeez
Babar
Akmal
Rizwan
Imad
Amir
Wahab
Umar gul

Junaid khan
Malik
Rahat
Malik

Malik, JK, Hassan Ali and Sarfi missing from 11

Take out shehzad, Akmal, Wahab and Gul

Good to go

Next odi team should be

Sharjeel
Azhar
Babar
Shafiq
Malik
Rizwan :facepalm:
Hafeez (should bat at number 7)
Imad
Amir
Wahab
Hasan.

How many of you think:

1. Kamran is better than Umar & deserves to be in ODI team
2. Younis Khan should come back to ODI
3. Afridi should be called back - he still looks very fit to me.

My view: 1 and 3 to be more competitive.

not talking about slow coaches..akmal isnt a slow coach..he gets on with it..but he cant build an innings..he doesnt know what to leave and what to hit ,when.

this is arguably the best time to play as a batsman in ODI cricket..our players should be making big runs because it is a period where players who are technically deficient can make big runs..but it seems they have rubbish coaches, a backwards weak feeble mentality and a lack of pakistaniat!!

First of all, I am not defending Akmal.

Second of all, the bolded statement is not true in an absolute way.

Take SL for example:

For someone like Aravinda De Silva, Jayasuriya, Gunawardene, Kaluwitharana - this is the BEST era to bat. They could have boosted their stats big time.

For someone like Marvan Attapattu, Roshan Mahanama, Hashan Thilakarathne - this is the WORST era to bat cos they won't have an ODI career.

Why so?

From the names, you can see why.

How many of you think:

1. Kamran is better than Umar & deserves to be in ODI team
2. Younis Khan should come back to ODI
3. Afridi should be called back - he still looks very fit to me.

My view: 1 and 3 to be more competitive.

1 is true.

The other two are dumb.

If Azhar manages to pull this chase off on one leg he should be awarded Nishan-e-Imtiaz.

its called bravery..he's one player on this tour who has shown respect to the green shirt..

Damn right, he's the first to be made scapegoat though after a loss funnily

At least he gets the basics right which is the first thing when wearing that shirt

First of all, I am not defending Akmal.

Second of all, the bolded statement is not true in an absolute way.

Take SL for example:

For someone like Aravinda De Silva, Jayasuriya, Gunawardene, Kaluwitharana - this is the BEST era to bat. They could have boosted their stats big time.

For someone like Marvan Attapattu, Roshan Mahanama, Hashan Thilakarathne - this is the WORST era to bat cos they won't have an ODI career.

Why so?

From the names, you can see why.

the last few would have made big runs in this era especially marvan..but I wouldnt put them in the list of great batsman..perhaps ok batsman..but you dont seem to b grasping what im saying..lets take aravinda..he knew how to build an innings..he could slow down, fight it out and accelerate if he wanted..he knew when to do it..but that didnt come voernight..he had failures and struggles..but one thing sis true for all of them..they can play a backfoot cut, and a front foot cover drive with ease against the right ball at the right time..

players like akmal cant..they cant leave, they can pull, they cant hit a proper cricket shot when required..

Back