Australia v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Brisbane | Jan 13, 2017 | Pakistan Innings

Need him wether as wk batsman or purely as batsman but then who gives way. Rizwan has done well keeping wise been sharp

Someone has to give way. He averaged 60.14 in 2016. Highest scorer in England series. He should be the first batsman on the team sheet.

He also scored a brilliant hundred to save a test in India.

That's two genuinely great innings, one is one of the all time greatest innings ever played in test history.

What has this super talented youngsta beauty done in his career to be regarded so highly? What's his defining moment? A fifty in Australia 7 years ago?

He'll be remembered more for his twitter feed than anything he managed to do on a cricket field.

What a talent indeed.

Er, two posts above I called Umar useless and a waste of a space in our team.

I am not sure why you're mentioning his failure of career to me as if I am his fan. :))

You said that he had an average just a little better than afridi and I was addressing that point only. Regarding our domestic structure , all our domestic performers are still waiting for their turns or waiting for a system where performances could be rewarded. Its poor to blame players , they get used to the system in place and perform according to that. The question though is why the other highly rated players fail to perform better than what we call domestic bullies , they are playing under same conditions against same teams. Doesn't make much of sense really.

You were mentioning his test career, which has nothing to do with his ODI average.

Rest of your post I agree.

Not going to get a better chance to beat Australia than this.

I don't know man.

How come every spinner in this pitch has such low economies?

Surely all can't be world beaters all of a sudden.

Or is it that batsmen have forgotten to play spin from both sides?

Something is not right.

Spin playing standards have certainly gone down..

At the beginning of Rizwan's career he was a brilliant stroke maker.

He looks a third of his previous self.

pitch is slow, gripping.

Maybe...not watching the game.

Hafeez's new action getting an economy of 3.23 is just odd.

Imad I would understand. I don't know how he succeeds but I have seen him bowl economically in a NZ patta too.

Nawaz was smashed.

Travis has started off well.

Maybe...not watching the game.

Hafeez's new action getting an economy of 3.23 is just odd.

Imad I would understand. I don't know how he succeeds but I have seen him bowl economically in a NZ patta too.

Nawaz was smashed.

Travis has started off well.
Nawaz didn't bowl badly at all.

Should have had two wickets if not for a Hafeez drop. :amir

Kept hitting in the air Akmal. someone needs to have a word with him, his decision making is poor. too much talent to waste it like that.

define talent. Cmon be brave and define talent..Kohli has talent. Azhar has talent..akmal has zero talent. None. In cricket talent is making big runs when it matters..everything else is a waste of material..akmal has nothing..a rubbish player that only appeals to the brain dead new generation brought up on tuller baaz cricket.

This series is last chance for rizwan to make his place , akmal on the other hand unfortunately will keep making comebacks.

define talent. Cmon be brave and define talent..Kohli has talent. Azhar has talent..akmal has zero talent. None. In cricket talent is making big runs when it matters..everything else is a waste of material..akmal has nothing..a rubbish player that only appeals to the brain dead new generation brought up on tuller baaz cricket.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Umar only appeals to the new generation and there is a reason for that !!

Someone has to give way. He averaged 60.14 in 2016. Highest scorer in England series. He should be the first batsman on the team sheet.

Think we should give him a go as a batsman purely. Keep Rizwan in the mix he's doing well plus we need to break the trend of dropping youngsters when they haven't put a foot wrong. Confidence is key.

To keep the balance

Sarfaraz for Akmal
Malik for Nawaz
Junaid for Wahab

Why did Babar slow down his pace?

He started off with 100+ SR.

Anyways, can still make up. Rizman has to step up.

What the hell was that? Why are you giving catching practice to first slip?

If anybody can do this from here !! It's Maddy......

Come on Boy !! Cha Ja Larkay !!

Couldn't have put it better myself. Umar only appeals to the new generation and there is a reason for that !!

That's very condescending mate.

Umar appeals to people because players like Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq (no disrespect to them) are good only for respectable losses in ODI.

A player like Azhar or Rahane would have great ODI careers in 80s but in today's times, they are just trash.

Atleast Umar represents a style of batting that could on theory win you games. Now Ummy Bhai may not be the right guy but players like him are the way to go. Just need to identify and select explosive bats with some brain.

Slow coach players will only give you an illusion of victory.

Scoring run a ball in ODIs is so normal in modern Cricket, yet when it comes to Pakistan batsmen, they start to panic the moment RR approaches 6.

That's very condescending mate.

Umar appeals to people because players like Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq (no disrespect to them) are good only for respectable losses in ODI.

A player like Azhar or Rahane would have great ODI careers in 80s but in today's times, they are just trash.

Atleast Umar represents a style of batting that could on theory win you games. Now Ummy Bhai may not be the right guy but players like him are the way to go. Just need to identify and select explosive bats with some brain.

Slow coach players will only give you an illusion of victory.

sorry but players like him? you mean a brainless fool who has been playing cricket for nearly ten years and still doesnt know how to build an innings? yeah ok..he's a disrgace to the green shirt..

Problem with Pak is that today was the lowest score they will bowl Aussies out for the series but 270 for Pak is still practically 300 for them.

The best the Pak batting line up is capable of scoring is 280 on a good day but Aussies will eat that up in 40 overs

sorry but players like him? you mean a brainless fool who has been playing cricket for nearly ten years and still doesnt know how to build an innings? yeah ok..he's a disrgace to the green shirt..

Not Umar Akmal...Khan ji.

Players who are explosive like Akmal.

Babar is a good template actually.

Poor RR by us. This is why Aus are in a different league. No matter if they are 4/5 down their RR is still maintained.

Man losing is one thing but pedigoi this batting is torture. Even scoring a single seems to be the hardest things for this rubbish lot.

he has a decent technique. that's most people's achilles at this level. the mental side of his game however is not good enough. i think its easier to develop the latter, very hard to develop the first. that's why he still has a chance.

he has a decent technique. that's most people's achilles at this level. the mental side of his game however is not good enough. i think its easier to develop the latter, very hard to develop the first. that's why he still has a chance.

No decent technique can compensate for lack of brain.

Plus decent technique is useless if you are a legside slogger.

Just send Amir home, he's a waste here.

Bring Shahzad, Kamran, Sami, and let all the TTF have fun

Not Umar Akmal...Khan ji.

Players who are explosive like Akmal.

Babar is a good template actually.

sorry but your wrong..,lets take this geenrations best batsman mr kohli..contrary to popular belief he isnt explosive..he is a batsman who know how to build an innings and play his shots..if he were around in the 90's /80's he would still make runs..you dont have to be explosive, you just need to rotate the strike in the first half of your innings like moyo and izi used to do and then when your settled take advantage of teh field settings..kohli does it brilliantly and its not even hard..

but akmal wants to hit a chuka a ball..it just doesnt work..ludicrous..and dont give me sharma's example..even he know how to build an innings..

cricket is a simple game and the basics havent changed much..build an innings and then take advantage of the field placings..end of..

akmal cannot judge a good ball from a bad and doesnt know what shot to hit when..he's useless!!

Just send Amir home, he's a waste here.

Bring Shahzad, Kamran, Sami, and let all the TTF have fun

Look at the responses above, because legend Kamran scored a top 100 a decade back he should be back in the team. :91:

Pehlay aik Akmal se jaan nahi ****-ti.

decent technique?? he cant score runs, his so called technique can go and jump off a cliff for all I care..I want runs not some decent technique and a few 17's or 20's..!! face it..he is the worst batsman of this generation..I would say Amir is a better batsman than this charlatan..

Rizwan is wasting a lot of balls here. Batting way too slowly for a one day match. You can see he's trying, but maybe he just doesn't have the ability.

140 off 20 overs needed

Just take it to the last 10 overs with 4 wickets spare at the very least, surely not too much to ask for from Pak

sorry but your wrong..,lets take this geenrations best batsman mr kohli..contrary to popular belief he isnt explosive..he is a batsman who know how to build an innings and play his shots..if he were around in the 90's /80's he would still make runs..you dont have to be explosive, you just need to rotate the strike in the first half of your innings like moyo and izi used to do and then when your settled take advantage of teh field settings..kohli does it brilliantly and its not even hard..

but akmal wants to hit a chuka a ball..it just doesnt work..ludicrous..and dont give me sharma's example..even he know how to build an innings..

cricket is a simple game and the basics havent changed much..build an innings and then take advantage of the field placings..end of..

akmal cannot judge a good ball from a bad and doesnt know what shot to hit when..he's useless!!

Maybe you got a wrong meaning of explosive batsman.

Explosive batsman means someone who can UP the run rate as and when he wants.

You are confusing explosive batsmen with power hitters.

Kohli is an explosive batsman.

Just cos he rotates singles and doesn't go for it doesn't make him non explosive.

140 off 20 overs needed

Just take it to the last 10 overs with 4 wickets spare at the very least, surely not too much to ask for from Pak

not happening..I would lower my expectations..if we get to 240 ill be surprised..

Imad should swap positions with Akmal. His brain and technique seem to be light years ahead of Akmal

How humid is it out there, or these players to soft to play in these conditions? It seem like they are given some punishment to be out there.

Considering he plays most of his shots in the air, I dunno how you will define this as decent technique. Decent technique is being able to hit the shots on the ground and being able to find gaps. 9 out of 10 times hitting the ball either to deep mid-wicket or getting out trying to cut a ball coming in, shows lack of technique

Last edited:
Back