England v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Day 1 - Session 1 | Edgbaston | 06/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Local Club Regular
Runs
For the first time, I thought why not I start such a thread.
Less than 5 hours to go.. The squads have been announced. Kamran Akmal and Kaneria lose their place, and the starting XI will be:

Salman Butt
Imran Farhat
Azhar Ali
Umar Amin
Umar Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Zulqarnain Haider
Mohammed Aamer
Umar Gul
Saeed Ajmal
Mohammed Asif

England would go in with an unchanged side, barring last minute injuries.

Andrew Strauss
Alastair Cook
Jonathan Trott
Kevin Pietersen
Paul Collingwood
Eoin Morgan
Matt Prior (wk)
Graeme Swann
Stuart Broad
James Anderson
Steven Finn

How is the weather looking there guys?

Whats the weather forecast...and i hope for once we win the toss and bat first

Okay just checked on google

It says its clear at the moment

Less than 3 hours to go now and the excitement is building like always. Juma'a day and Inshallah we will see a good performance from our boys.

I hope we bowl (everybody repeat mantra at least 33 times).

Is there any audio commentary available on iPhone? Thank you.

No Hameed? that is a poor decision.

Lets hope our batsmen can muster some runs in this game to make it competitive!

yeh duniya shareef logon ke liye nahi hai, hameed ek baar phir zulm ka shikar

Today is a bowling day and we have to bowl at all costs otherwise we are in deep trouble.

So Umar Amin given another chance

But i feel sorry for that guy, it looks like he has technique, but he has to face difficult batting conditions, i think the selectors have done good job to give him another chance, and should have tried Hameed for someone's place, but who's?

Imran Farhat should be dropped and Yasir Hameed should replace him.

MoYo having some throwdowns. Looks as fresh as a daisy. But he's not playing, is he? IS HE?

Mohammad Yousuf's hanging around the Edgbaston outfield in his tracksuit. Surely he's not going to change his mind AGAIN!?

cricinfo have started their coverage

10.10am Good morning and welcome to the second Test. And what a cracker it should be - Pakistan have already made things interesting by dropping Kamran Akmal and Danish Kaneria. The toss is 20 minutes away, but for now Andrew Miller at Edgbaston reports plenty of grey clouds but, crucially, the weather is dry. It may well be another good toss to lose.

I'm sure you're all up with the news that Mohammad Yousuf has joined the squad but doesn't look likely to play. Saeed Ajmal will come in for his sixth Test and Zulqarnain Haider will make his Test debut behind the stumps. I'd say he has big gloves to fill but, frankly, he doesn't. Kamran has missed 34 chances in his past 28 Tests.

Sky Sports on now! Awesome coverage guaranteed for next 5 days (I mean 3days!)

Its cloudy & overcast - a little warm, but no rain

Team News:

Ajmal in for Kaneria

Zulqairnain in for Akmal

Butt with a superb analogy to describe the team!

Wow Butt. I thought he was just gonna insult the ground and be like yeah this ground doesn't look nice, we don't want to play here, it's ugly.

What an analogy.

Pakistan win the toss. Alhamdulillah.
Pakistan elect to bat first. MashaAllah.
Anderson tasers Pakistan. Inna lillah? [God forbid]

Shoaib MAlik batting in at No.5 - Umar Amin at 6

Great, we are batting first. Guys its better to bat first and set the target of 150. We have lost so many tests chasing small totals recently.

I really hope Salman plays a big knock today, he is our best batsman in the whole lineup. :butt

Great, we are batting first. Guys its better to bat first and set the target of 150. We have lost so many tests chasing small totals recently.

In retrospect i guess, it doesnt matter when we bat.

As long as we cross 200 :26:

Pakistan 1 Salman Butt (capt), 2 Imran Farhat, 3 Azhar Ali, 4 Shoaib Malik, 5 Umar Amin, 6 Umar Akmal, 7 Zulqarnain Haider (wk), 8 Mohammad Amir, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Saeed Ajmal, 11 Mohammad Asif

Malik will bat at two down :malik

what the heck. The batting is unchanged. Cannot believe this. where the hell is yasir Hameed. Why keep on playing Umar Amin? Cant believe how lucky this guy is to have so many chances

what the heck. The batting is unchanged. Cannot believe this. where the hell is yasir Hameed. Why keep on playing Umar Amin? Cant believe how lucky this guy is to have so many chances

Palace banay wala hai bahi

InshAllah not more than 5 down at the end of the day and not less than 270 up ;)

Yaar the boy's only playing his fourth test match. Give him a break, he'll only come good when given a chance.

This is his 4th test match. But yes, I do agree that Hameed should be there.

Agreed...but I do hope he proves us wrong today...BADLY

Last test was a demolition or a de-construction. Not convinced myself.

I dunno why but I have a gut feeling that Umar Akmal will go on a rampage today.

What was the analogy?

And good decision to bat first.

must admit - good positive decision to BAT 1st

get these demons out of our system

get a score up and pressure back on teh english

Yaar the boy's only playing his fourth test match. Give him a break, he'll only come good when given a chance.
The dude has 9-10 chances since debut. All failures. How many more chances does this guy want. Atleast have one experinced guy in the middle order.

What was the analogy?

He said something along the lines of:

When you are building something in the early stages it looks ugly but the end result is a place or whatever. That's what happening with this team.

The 11th commandment: Thou shalt not bat second after winning toss.

guys WHAT was teh analogy?

He said whenever a building is being constructed, it looks ugly. But once it is finished, it looks beautiful. That's the way my team is right now.

In short, he is asking others to be patient with the team. It will turn into something good soon. It is being constructed right now.

It was a good analogy. We have an intelligent captain. :14:

Something along the lines of ''You see that building(the media centre getting constructedat Edgbaston),our team is like that,we are constructing''.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back