England v Pakistan | 3rd ODI | Birmingham | 13th July, 2021 | Pakistan innings

Pak just needed such kind of base in first two matches to get in the game but, early wickets of Babar, Imam and Rizwan made it really difficult for Pak to get going.

100 for taking here if Babar can accelerate sensibly now.

Parkinson has bowled reasonably well here, his real test would have been if a set Fakhar would have been here

Pakistan will struggle to defend anything below 340 here

The problem is no one is there to capitalize. They will at best get to 250 odd with Eng smashing the target in 40 overs.

You cant play ODI cricket like the PAK team does. But the problem is we have too many softies. Watch Imam get a 50 of 75 balls and act as if he won the WC. its the attitude of these guys, minnow level.

I was close, another soft 50 for the legend Imam.

Lets hope he can get a match winning score/innings. No cares for a 100 if it comes at a 80SR.

Agreed and he knows that as well. Thats why I also said if he can accelerate sensibly here as definitely he is going to try to attack here

great recovery.. Pak now is well poised to get well over 300 in the match, if these two carry on like this for another 4-5 overs.

8 runs an over from here takes Pakistan to 305, which I believe is enough for Pak bowlers to defend against this rookie English side.

Face saving innings from Babar to avoid clean sweep from England F team, doing good so far. Pak team is becoming 90s India, depend on 1 batsman and then follow up with some ordinary medium bowlers...

Pakistan needs a minimum of 290 on this pitch. That will put England Weak batting under a lot of pressure to score fast.

Babar on a demolishing mission. Poor Parkinson getting hit to all parts of the ground.

Maybe I am getting a bit ahead of myself here but Babar could score a 150+ score if he wants. Best opportunity to get it

I have the same complain with the Indian team. England used this Bilaterals to find some
Good back ups like Carse,Mahmood (who might even be in the first X1 soon) etc we tend to play the same old same old.

I would send Maqsood next when the wicket falls

Hope they don't send that Test Batsman Shakeel in next. Would be happy if he doesn't have to come to bat at all. Send Maqsood, Shadab, Faheem and Hassan instead.

I have the same complain with the Indian team. England used this Bilaterals to find some
Good back ups like Carse,Mahmood (who might even be in the first X1 soon) etc we tend to play the same old same old.

Because they had no other choice. Just like we had no choice in Australia.

Nice to see Babar showing intent even while nearing his 100. He seems to be really trying.
Good for him and Pakistan

Because they had no other choice. Just like we had no choice in Australia.

Fair point but England and Australia treat bilaterals a lot less seriously than subcontinent teams for sure.

Pakistan May be a step ahead though as they play full teams vs Zim, SL as well.

Just like that Babar's strike rate is now 90

Class player

Rizwan looks in much better order during the middle overs.

Should have Shakeel batting at 4 with Rizwan at 5 and in situations like today bring Rizwan up to increase the RR.

However pitch is a belter and unless we get 350+, easy win for England

England bowlers feeding Babar with short balls at 130kmph.

That’s fine you can only bash what is in front of you. The bigger win for Pakistanis here is the intent shown by Babar in the 90’s

Should have Shakeel batting at 4 with Rizwan at 5 and in situations like today bring Rizwan up to increase the RR.

You guys were begging for him to open

What a player. 101* of 104 balls

14th ODI 100

Great hundred by Babar but once again overdoing the celebrations against an England reserve team.

Babar has enough time to score 150 here easily. He should look to bat England out of the game.

The soft hands grafting gear is not quite there for Rizwan. Whenever the base is set and there are ~20 overs to bat in an ODI he can come out. This is the aggressive option.

For situations where innings need to be built up, Saud should be kept at No. 4.

Good hundred, i was hating earlier on but it was justified.. just shows what intent can do.

Excellent innings by Babar. Needs to go further, take the score to 300.

I eat my words from before lol. Well played Babar but let's see if this is another useless century or a century that gives us a consolation win against England C

Great hundred by Babar but once again overdoing the celebrations against an England reserve team.

I wouldnt call it great.. its a dead rubber. On a flat pitch vs england reserve team yas you said. Its good. But hes faltered when it mattered

Good 100 but acceleration from here onwards is what Babar has lacked through out his career.

Celebration borne out of relief given the situation PAK have found themselves in. Unfortunately PAK only have themselves to blame and none more so, almost by definition, than the skipper of the team.

The soft hands grafting gear is not quite there for Rizwan. Whenever the base is set and there are ~20 overs to bat in an ODI he can come out. This is the aggressive option.

For situations where innings need to be built up, Saud should be kept at No. 4.

I agree.

It's confusing how much Rizwan struggles early on in ODI cricket. In both T20s and tests he has shown ability to survive and attack against the new ball, however in ODI's he looks a flop. I feel it's more a mental issue with him not being sure how exactly he should approach his innings

It’s easy for us to call this a D side and a dead rubber but if you see the criticism Babar gets from all those Pakistani YouTube channels and media he needs immense mental strength to play these knocks. Well done

It’s easy for us to call this a D side and a dead rubber but if you see the criticism Babar gets from all those Pakistani YouTube channels and media he needs immense mental strength to play these knocks. Well done

Exactly especially from Shoiab Actor who doesn't know who to criticize and who to spare

If England can keep Pakistan to less than 320, then they have done a very good job on this wicket. The pitch looks like a batsman's paradise now.

Yes he gets all thw praise from the fans... hes undroppable. And he has put himself into those positions by choking when it matters... twice the lumber one batsmen got out in the first 3 overs..

Kohli faces even more critism and have the pressure of 1.4 billion fans.... while babar has 1/10 of the pressure

This is one of our best team barring faheem. I wanted it to succeed so badly. Finally it has clicked

A very good innings from babar so far but that celebration was totally extra. He is the captain of the side and has already lost the series convincingly to an understrength England side. He'll end up looking extremely silly if England chase this down.

I remember him celebrating the same way against Australia when his team was all set for an innings defeat.

I think people are still losing sight of the bigger problem with Babar's batting. He 90% of the time fails in crunch moments i.e: last game where even a 50 from him may have won us the game. He is indeed a very good batsmen, however knocks like this and nothing else doesn't mean much especially considering the pitch and bowling line up.

I know this comment won’t go down well but Rizwan’s batting reminds me of Kedar Jadhav’s batting style. Not comparing them as players

I think people are still losing sight of the bigger problem with Babar's batting. He 90% of the time fails in crunch moments i.e: last game where even a 50 from him may have won us the game. He is indeed a very good batsmen, however knocks like this and nothing else doesn't mean much especially considering the pitch and bowling line up.

I said that above as well he choked when it mattered and scored when the series was dome and dusted... the is no where near a great innings.. lets see how england plays and how they chase.

Because the pitch and bowlers have been pretty avg. Saqib was the only good bowler in the series for eng

Back