England v Pakistan | Second Test | Day 1 : Session 3 | Edgbaston | 06/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Energy

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
England trail by 29 with 10 wickets in hand and the pitch easing out. :(

The last hour where England have batted has been the first time today we've seen a contest and it was compelling viewing. England will be very pleased to get to tea with all their wickets intact. Alastair Cook had to scrap painfully hard to survive against some more mesmeric stuff from Mohammad Asif while Andrew Strauss looked comfortable again, as he has all summer.

Cricinfo.

Stop following the game ffs. Koi self respect hai ya nahi? This is getting painful.

The pitch looks awful for batting. In addition to the overcast conditions helping lateral movement the ball is also keeping up and down.

It may look easier when England are batting but the pakistani seamers are bowling nowhere near as well as England's. Asif and aamer are rarely keeping the seam upright when compared to anderson. Umar Gul is also not keeping the seam upright let alone pointing in/away and he is bowling on leg stump.

Pakistan can bowl England out for less than 150 as long as these bowler friendly conditions are used well.

The pitch looks awful for batting. In addition to the overcast conditions helping lateral movement the ball is also keeping up and down.

It may look easier when England are batting but the pakistani seamers are bowling nowhere near as well as England's. Asif and aamer are rarely keeping the seam upright when compared to anderson. Umar Gul is also not keeping the seam upright let alone pointing in/away and he is bowling on leg stump.

Pakistan can bowl England out for less than 150 as long as these bowler friendly conditions are used well.
Very true. Bowling has not been magical yet.

i like what butt was doing in the huddle before this session

looked like he was saying come one guys we can still do this

bit optimistic but thats all we got

For those saying that this is the worst team/batting line-up in decades - it can't get any worse than this:

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64002.html

I would disagree.

The scorecard in your link is worse than the present one.

That batting line up/ team is better, IMo. YK and Latif for one. The bowlers are possibly equal or maybe better - Shoaib, Waqar, Saqlain.

I still believe this is the worst Pakistani batting line up/ team I have seen in decades.

England | 1/44 | 11.3 Overs | Trail by 29 runs

Cook gone as Pakistan strikes, Asif got his 101 wicket.

wicket gifted!! asif is pretending as he had bowled a beauty..

England | 1/44 | 12 Overs | Trail by 28 runs

Good over for Asif and Pakistan finally a wicket for them after terrible batting.

Aamer bowling too wide, needs to get that good line, let the ball move 'naturally'.

Wonderful stuff from Aamer! Good decision from Zulqarnain too. Well done, laddy!

Choking at Strauss hanging around after smashing the leather off the ball when he knows the UDRS is in place. Really has no respect for our ability to use it :))

England | 2/44 | 13 Overs | Trail by 28 runs

Aamer back into the attack after poor first spell and got his first wicket Strauss gone now.

Zulqarnain was really confident did you guys see?? Good lad!

Last edited:
i think our batsmen need more confidence. I think the reason we keep on sucking is we have no confidence in out ability

Asif gets to have the first crack at his bunny. Hopefully this is going to be fun

excellent bowling!! need to get england at least 4 or 5 down asap if we have any chance in this match!

zulqarnain's voice is so much more pleasing to the ears. i hope kakmal never comes back.

Must keep the pressure on England and not allow them to recover like we do so many times.

England | 2/48 | 14 Overs | Trail by 24 runs

Trott off the mark with the boundary.

Butt fumbles. C'mon captain keep the pressure on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back