England vs Australia | 1st Ashes Test | Nottingham | 11/7/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ims1

First Class Captain
Runs
England 215 all out & Australia 75 for 4 on end of day 1 . At the moment it is not clear whether Broad will bowl or not[ he was struck on shoulder while batting ] & in the event that he does not bowl, hosts would be severally hampered with just 3 regular bowlers .
What are your predictions for Australia's 1st inning runs & where is this match heading ?
I think around 240 & suddenly , England are NOT looking as clear favorites as they were when they won the toss & were 70 odd for 1 .

I would Say Eng are just ahead 1st hour a couple of wickets and a lead 70-80 is possible

Eng are ahead and will win the match

no oz batsmen is good enough to handle Swann in 4th innings bar Clarke.

Eng are ahead and will win the match

no oz batsmen is good enough to handle Swann in 4th innings bar Clarke.

Lethal i know this a dry pitch but for England to win, they need set a target of 270+ as there is bit of doubt about Broad's bowling .

With Smith at the crease, the runs will continue to come. What remains to be seen is that how long he stays out.

eng are ahead and any lead over 50 would be hard to make for the aussies but its their only salvation. . TBH the english were kind of ripped apart in the first innings but they also tried the same for the aussies.

Last edited:
eng are ahead and any lead over 50 would be hard to make for the aussies but its their only salvation. . TBH the english were kind of ripped apart in the first innings but they also tried the same for the aussies.

Nobody ripped us apart. We gave our wickets away with stupid shots, this Aussie bowling attack isn't anything special. The only wickets from decent balls were Root & Bell.

Here we go.

The news of Broad is that he has passed a fitness test and is available to bowl straight away this morning, which is obviously a huge relief for England who were stuck with two seamers yesterday.

Nobody ripped us apart. We gave our wickets away with stupid shots, this Aussie bowling attack isn't anything special. The only wickets from decent balls were Root & Bell.

Hehehehe funny supporters say things like this, we didnt get ripped apart we are just stupid.

The first session may well win the game for either game. Bring it on!

australia-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

P.S: Would the mods please kindly add this smiley?

Last edited:

good news for you mala . cricinfo says : The news of Broad is that he has passed a fitness test and is available to bowl straight away this morning, which is obviously a huge relief for England who were stuck with two seamers yesterday.

Anderson bowling at 93 mph.

English speed guns, as dumb as the British police :)))

gave it away or taken away either way aussies have a golden chance of taking this game. aussies need one good partnership to take the game. broad has come back so now you wont be stuck with two seamers... although i am looking forward to see what difference barbie makes.,

Last edited:
anderson bowling at 93 !!!!!!! :lee these speed guns were needed at the ufone competition.

Last edited:
Australia will make around 300 with hundreds by the youngsters, Smith and Hughes.

99-4 trail by 116 no swing atm this session could turn out fruitful 4 Aussies

This session is crucial if Aussie end it at 180-5 then they are ahead Eng need 165/6,7

That hurts. Good positive cricket this morning though. Haddin needs to stand up

England showing why they're undoubtedly the 2nd best team after the Africans and how the Aussies are very weak, comparitively!

We'll win this test with ease, it was never in doubt. We bat, bowl and field better than Australia. Swann will utterly pwn these noobs in the second innings.

Aussie cricket is so dead... never thought I would be sad saying this.
Wish them luck for the future. Ashes is gone 0-5.

Jimmy got 5fer ...this series could be same like the ENg-PAk series in 2010 as Pakistan also had the bowlers to dismiss Eng but failed in batting still won a game out of four (also there were some fixers in Pak side as well) lets see how Aussies fight it out

So that would be 5 defeats in a row for Aussies (4 in INdia) wonder how many more to come

The Art of Batsman-ship is lost on the Aussies ..

Reminds me of the 90's era with Indian Team Travelling overseas..
Except for :sachin.. every other player was a walking wicket ..
How the mighty have FALLEN !!! :warne

har urooj k saath zawaal hai :yk

Yup huge gulf b/w Langers Waughs Hayden n Hughes cowan etal

Anderson Reverse swing remind me of 90s era of Pakistan
when Wasim.Waqar and Akthar was use to bowl reverse swing
Painful to watch English Fast bowler doing reverse swing
and our dont (expect Junaid khan)

Aussies lost 3/0 or 4/0
Pakistan back to No-4 Position soon
Test championship we coming

Australia needs to relax its rules for Indian immigrants. Might get a batsman or two that way.

Wow i left for an hour at aussies for 99/4 and now they are 118/9 .... Way to go England... they really ran through the aussie side. :p :p on their voctory our 4 position stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back