England vs Sri Lanka | 3rd Test | Rose Bowl | 16-20 June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two 98-over days, weather permitting. 196 overs. Even if a bunch of them are lost that's still loads of time. If we score at 4-5 an over tomorrow for however long we can win. We really should win, Sri Lanka are poor.

Pieterson back in form, Eng should be able to force a win here, their bowlers will have a good rest and will be raring to go again.

Barring any furher interruptions by rain, this test might even finish on the 4th day esp. considering the way SLA batted in the 2nd innings of the first test

Last edited:
Nuts getting out at the end was probably a good thing for the team. No overnight and morning scrutiny, and the lesser names can just have a lark. Even quick 150 lead will be more than handy.

Two 98-over days, weather permitting. 196 overs. Even if a bunch of them are lost that's still loads of time. If we score at 4-5 an over tomorrow for however long we can win. We really should win, Sri Lanka are poor.

its 203/4 now & if you guys can bat for another 40 overs then sl might not survive for more than 70 overs . I guess the only pertinent question is whether we can get even 120-130 overs of play in 2 days.Any locals around who can say about the weather .

Instead of sending Jimmy as nightwatchmen they should sent da worthless broad & told him to tonk around on day 4 . - 218/4

Rubbish decision to send Jimmy last night. Knee-jerk automatic response. Look at the match situation - they need runs to force the win and Morgs should have come in. That's what the great Aussie side would have done.

Last edited:
Rubbish decision to send Jimmy last night. Knee-jerk automatic response. Look at the match situation - they need runs to force the win and Morgs should have come in. That's what the great Aussie side would have done.

But he scored 27 off 33. And look what Morgan is doing now.

283/5 . run rate for the day is less than what it was yesterday . will strauss declare with 150 lead ?

Sri Lanka missing Murali big time. They were too reliant on him all this while. Need some good quickies as well. Lets hope they emerge quickly.

Sri Lanka missing Murali big time. They were too reliant on him all this while. Need some good quickies as well. Lets hope they emerge quickly.

And surely there must be a better spinner in Sri Lanka than Herath somewhere. Surely

But he scored 27 off 33. And look what Morgan is doing now.

OK - it worked this time. But then he got out and slowed the scoring down whereas Morgs could have been in top gear at start of play.

Strauss is too defensive in my book. He should have won in WI 1-2 but he declared late twice and couldn't get the last wicket, so lost the seies 1-0.

OK - it worked this time. But then he got out and slowed the scoring down whereas Morgs could have been in top gear at start of play.

Strauss is too defensive in my book. He should have won in WI 1-2 but he declared late twice and couldn't get the last wicket, so lost the seies 1-0.

agree with that completely . Even here ,eng are 125 ahead & if i was the skipper,i would say hit-out for next 6-7 overs hoping to get to 165-170 & declare but knowing strauss,prolly would not happen .

Last edited:
In recent years I have found myself chilling out a bit.

I'm no longer an 'anyone but England' though I still can't bring myself to support them in the Ashes.

This is good going. Should bat until tea and then declare. If there are no more rain delays I can see England winning this quite easily.

190 ahead . Does Strauss fear sl scoring around 300 & leaving him a improbable 4th inning target of 111 ?

14/0 & 46 overs left for the day . how many wickets will fall today ? my guess is 4 .

Broad is bowling with greater energy and better direction here.

yeah , da guy was prolly told by his dad it seems you will be a\t house a lot more this summer ... good ball-jagged in & privates of Thiri almost assaulted :)

@Hash, it's cos we're lovely! ;)

15 more overs tonight and weather not as dire as predicted tomorrow. The series is now won. Whether we win the test or not we've had a decent enough series, given all of the breaks in play. It's been quite dull at times though. Hoping for a much richer series with India.

Sri Lankan top order showing some fight.

If these two can bat out the whole day, then the match will probably be drawn.

here's to hoping that strauss lives to regret an unusually early declaration!

Exciting stuff from CT v Mahela. Really think this guy can be right up there in the ICC rankings.

As Nass is saying, think about all the classy fast/tall bowlers that Mahela has faced on all those pitches in his long career, and yet he is still struggling against Tremlett here. Significant? Very exciting for sure!

This is the crucial partnership here, these two are the brick walls in the SL team.

Great wicket by Draco to get rid of Jaya! One more tonight and they are wide open....

Huge wicket.

Should be game, set and match (weather permitting).

Whippy- Of course you're lovely! But seriously I'm supporting England here....and proud to do so!

come on 4 overs left.

Just one more wicket.

As Nass is saying, think about all the classy fast/tall bowlers that Mahela has faced on all those pitches in his long career, and yet he is still struggling against Tremlett here. Significant? Very exciting for sure!
Mahela is just a FTB, but he is a damn good one.

But seriously I'm supporting England here....and proud to do so!

Yeah why not? This England team is very professional, quite good to watch and maybe even approaching likeable. Rarities all!

England should be able to wrap up victory either by an Inns or through a smallish run chase tomorrow i recon and win series 2-0.

sanga looks determined. but he doesnt have too much help left. tremlett bowled better than 1-34 suggests though. even broad bowled some jaffas.

Best delivery that Broad's bowled since August. Might just have won us the game..

Covers are off. Damp with low grey cloud. A good day to take seven wickets.....

Sri lanka 4 down and still just behind. England need another wicket or two before lunch.

Still fancy england to win this.

knew Sangakaara was going to make a big score in this series with all the rubbish talk he's just a flat track bully

Hope he gets his hundred

Lead is only 33 and 68 overs still to go...

any chance off another collapse? :)

Sangakkara finally scores some runs, time to bump Saj's thread and congratulate him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back