GCSE/O-level Results Thread

Chasing Cars

First Class Star
Runs
i just got my gcse results ... 10 A's and 1 A*! I'm well chuffed :) share your joys on this thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How dare you do better than me..! :))

I got 5 As 4 A*s 1 B and 1 C (damn drama...)

However this was 8 years ago, exams were harder back then I tell you! You lot have it easy :D

My son got a A* in maths but he is taking his a year earlier - very happy indeed!

GCSE Results

Anyone receive there results today? Tell us how you got on

Way back in 1996 I got the following GCSE results
2A's, 3Bs, 2Cs, 1D

yes I know I am pathetic.

Juggernaut said:
You can say that again :p

The D was in Computer Studies, yet I'm in the IT profession. Go figure.

lahori said:
The D was in Computer Studies, yet I'm in the IT profession. Go figure.

shows how much these qualifications count at the end of the day eh

MIG said:
My son got a A* in maths but he is taking his a year earlier - very happy indeed!

MIG Bahi, I didn't know you were that bhudha

KhushbuHussain said:
i just got my gcse results ... 10 A's and 1 A*! I'm well chuffed :) share your joys on this thread :)

Congrats on your excellent results. Oxbridge beckons (Pick Cambridge, it's cooler)! i know it is a few years away but what are you hoping to study at Uni?

I got into college but i dont think im going to go im thinking of taking up an private course in Plumbing Apprenteship Ive heard the money in that is the best around at the moment.

shane said:
Congrats on your excellent results. Oxbridge beckons (Pick Cambridge, it's cooler)! i know it is a few years away but what are you hoping to study at Uni?
Awww thankyou very much :D
I'm hoping to do medicine or dentistry. If I had to pick from Oxford or Cambridge, I'd probably pick Oxford because it's closer to home :D
But do you reckon they'll accept me with just A's?

MIG said:
Mashallah that's brilliant!!
May Allah guide your son so that he an make you proud with his results next year :D
I was predicted an A*for maths (damn stupid vector questions >.< )

gollumbird said:
Pardon my ignorance but is A 80+ and A* 90+?
I think thats the general guidelines but its changes from year to year for some subjects. For example, English was 94% for an A* :eek:

KhushbuHussain said:
I think thats the general guidelines but its changes from year to year for some subjects. For example, English was 94% for an A* :eek:

94% wow. That is really setting the standards high.

KhushbuHussain said:
Awww thankyou very much :D
I'm hoping to do medicine or dentistry. If I had to pick from Oxford or Cambridge, I'd probably pick Oxford because it's closer to home :D
But do you reckon they'll accept me with just A's?

There is nothing wrong with "just A's". It already puts you miles ahead of most students. As far as Oxbridge goes, well much of that will come down to A-level results and your interviews (I have talked to some of the tutors at Cambridge who tell me that there is so little to choose between candidates in terms of results that the interview is normally decisive). You may also consider taking more than 3 A-level subjects. One of the Cambridge colleges (which shall remain nameless) actually prefers that you get 4 A's at A-level to be considered for their law degree.

But you may decide not to put yourself under needless pressure and be happy enough to apply to other universities - as a doctor it harldy matter that you were in Oxford (whereas for other professions, like law, it matters alot!).

Bump.

Most of the students in UK will be recieving there results tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

I'll be recieving my GCSE results tomorrow so very nervous, prayers would be appreciated and Insha'Allah every one else who are getting their results... I wish you good luck and pray that you all pass and succeed in the future. Ameen. :)

Good luck to everyone for their results. Always is a nervy moment.

Best of luck to all of you.:)

Hope you exceed your own expectations.:p

congratulations to all who worh it....... n commiserations to all who dont

Aah GCSE's...how id love to go back to those times (in terms of chilled life/easy education challenges compared to now...NOT compared to my looks back then lol *shudder*)

Anyway, for those who got there A-level results...if you didnt get the results you were hoping for/expecting, dont worry its not the end of the world. If as a result of your results, you didnt get into the Uni you wanted to...its not the end of the world.
I know it seems like empty words, but im speaking from experience...i kinda flopped and had to take an enforced gap-year (re-sat my A2s)...best thing that happened to me Alhamdulillah. Im now in my Uni of choice....doing LLB Law...its all good. So dont worry....if you want advice/wanna speak then PM me or whatever :)

Aah GCSE's...how id love to go back to those times (in terms of chilled life/easy education challenges compared to now...NOT compared to my looks back then lol *shudder*)

Anyway, for those who got there A-level results...if you didnt get the results you were hoping for/expecting, dont worry its not the end of the world. If as a result of your results, you didnt get into the Uni you wanted to...its not the end of the world.
I know it seems like empty words, but im speaking from experience...i kinda flopped and had to take an enforced gap-year (re-sat my A2s)...best thing that happened to me Alhamdulillah. Im now in my Uni of choice....doing LLB Law...its all good. So dont worry....if you want advice/wanna speak then PM me or whatever :)

2200 b.c was it?? lol

Good luck to all who are expecting their results in a day or 2!

ahhh O/A levels,

ended up getting 7 B (business,economics subjects) C in Urdu and D in Math

A levels was bad, ended up getting C D D in Business, Economics and English

University has been too easy for me though.
But when i scored failed ENglish and Economics in first year of A level and gave retake i thought i wasnt going to be able to clear these exams. Had to really work hard.

Always hated examinations. I like the Canadian coursework system, it was easier to do and logical aswell.

After getting into University i realized how much more did my assignment making, presentation skills, class participation etc mattered which i learned in Canada.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congratulations to everyone receiving their GCSE results today. Students should be proud of their hard work and remember not to compare yourself to others - it’s how we treat each other that defines us, not an exam grade <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GCSEResults2019?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GCSEResults2019</a></p>— Jeremy Corbyn (@jeremycorbyn) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1164480922588241920?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back