Gunn Moore Icon DXM Original Ltd Edt Bat Review

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Bat;

After seeing my club mates (cricketer13 bhai) Icon LE I fell in love with the bat and I really wanted to buy it as it was amazing. Not only it had great profile but it had amazing pickup!

Anyways, coming to the bat so the bats were shipped out on Monday and we got them on Tuesday, shipping was speedy and was amazing!

The bat weighs 2.8 lbs but it has extremely light pickup and feels more like 2.6 lbs in my hand. I was at nets when I got the bat so I had few throw downs and Oh God it was amazing! The ball just flew off the bat. I played on front foot and back foot and the ball was flying seriously!!

The sweetspot to me does look long and the spine with concaving looks amazing! I think this sweetspot will be good for both front and back foot strokes.

The stickers are good and they aren't that bad but I still prefer my club mates Icon's stickers which are last years one.

Service;

So my club mate was ordering his bat from UK so I thought I'd get a GM along his GM. My friend (who I treat like my elder brother) did all the dealing and all I had to do was to give him my specs and he handled the rest, it was very very kind of him MashAllah. (May ALLAH (SWT) reward and bless him immensely!). So I'm not too sure about customer service but it was ordered from Mapperly Sports but from what I saw there service was quite good.

Now here are pictures;

Enjoy!!

I will update you guys once I have full nets with this bat.

DSC05292.jpg

DSC05293.jpg

DSC05296.jpg

DSC05298.jpg

DSC05299.jpg

DSC05300.jpg

DSC05301.jpg

looks a beauty...i think you shud have ur own thread with all your bat pics....what is up next?

how much did this cost you inc. shipping??

LOL yaar :))

There are 2 which are in the pipeline, Millichamp & Hall Harlequin which will be here within 2 weeks InshAllah and Oblivion LE will be here by March 14th InshAllah.

It costed me around 320 Pounds including everything.

Thanks for your kind words Bhai I appreciate it :)

Ohh how can I forget this, the bat cover which my friend bought along this was absolutely stunning, padded and full length and was cheap as well, only 8 poundS!

Beautiful bat Mashallah wow you unmarried guys are so lucky can spent so much on bats and hobbies :(.

I feel Jealous LOL

:)) I paid 245 Pounds for the bat but rest are shipping/custom charges.

Bat looks brilliant!

One thing I've noticed with GMs, particularly Icons is that because they're all CAD made, every single one has excellent balance so I'm sure this is no exception. As you play with the bat more, you'll find that somehow it starts to feel lighter and lighter, don't ask me why, but it's the case with the Icon.

How though did you end up paying 75 pounds for shipping and customs!?

JazakAllah Khair for the wishes guys.

One thing I've noticed with GMs, particularly Icons is that because they're all CAD made, every single one has excellent balance so I'm sure this is no exception. As you play with the bat more, you'll find that somehow it starts to feel lighter and lighter, don't ask me why, but it's the case with the Icon.

How though did you end up paying 75 pounds for shipping and customs!?

So far the balance and pickup is superb! My body is a bit sore after playing cricket so the bat is feeling a bit heavy right now but when my body was fine it felt amazing!! I really can't wait to knock it in and use it.

Shipping is 25 Pounds and rest was customs :(

My goodness CD bhai, one of the best looking bats I have seen in a long time mashallah.

Just one question though I hope you don't mind, are you going to knock it in because it is GM PP I think. If I were you I would because, I fell into the trap of not knocking it in when I saw it was GM Prepared, and subsequently my bat cracked.

P.S I hope your Oblivion and Harlequin are just as good if not better.

My goodness CD bhai, one of the best looking bats I have seen in a long time mashallah.

Just one question though I hope you don't mind, are you going to knock it in because it is GM PP I think. If I were you I would because, I fell into the trap of not knocking it in when I saw it was GM Prepared, and subsequently my bat cracked.

P.S I hope your Oblivion and Harlequin are just as good if not better.

Thanks for your kind words :)

Arre bhai no worries ask as much you want to. It has GM NOW treatment but I will knock it. My clubmate who also has Icon is highly recommending me to knock it as it will play better so I will be knocking it for sure it is better safe than sorry.

Thanks for your kind words :)

Arre bhai no worries ask as much you want to. It has GM NOW treatment but I will knock it. My clubmate who also has Icon is highly recommending me to knock it as it will play better so I will be knocking it for sure it is better safe than sorry.

I personally picked this bat up to check on the pick up, and for the amount of meat it has, the pick up is ridiculously light. Amazing craftsmanship on the bat! As pricey as it is, I think its totally worth the bucks. Hope theres countless 50s and 100s coming of this bat CD.

I personally picked this bat up to check on the pick up, and for the amount of meat it has, the pick up is ridiculously light. Amazing craftsmanship on the bat! As pricey as it is, I think its totally worth the bucks. Hope theres countless 50s and 100s coming of this bat CD.

JazakAllah Khair bro!

One thing I forgot to tell you that whatever you had told me was exactly how the bat turned out, so thanks for that bro :)

My only worry was that you'd find it too light. But from your review, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Actually I have picked and felt all of my bat to see the weight and to be honest the weight was perfect and just like what I wanted. After Newbery this Icon LE seems to be the one with perfect weight.

In terms of feel Icon leads the pack and the rest follows it.

:))) :))) so far this is the best bat I have ever bought so it is difficult to pass it lol

Curses! This thread makes me eager to start work soon so I can saunter into a cricket shop with a mallet in hand.

Curses! This thread makes me eager to start work soon so I can saunter into a cricket shop with a mallet in hand.

Hurry up! I'm sure you will not be disappointed for a bit!

Amazing bat CD bhai...i will do my Luna review tonight or tomorrow

JazakAllah Khair yaar all credit goes to you as you did everything for me, so once again JazakAllah Khair.

Yaar please do a review of Luna, I am sure everyone will eagerly wait for it :)

Oh yes CD bhai, sorry I forgot to mention this earlier, but the grips on GM's are really excellent, however they don't last very long. So I would say buy a couple handy just in case.

Just thought I would let you know, JazakallahKhiar.

I thought my Icon LE will have Shock Absorba but it had new one and it feels great though, however, I did order 2 extra White Shock Absorba for future use so many thanks for your suggestion :)

JazakAllah Khair QS Bhai.

Sami and I thought they were Absorba hence I ordered two extra ones

LOL yaar :))

There are 2 which are in the pipeline, Millichamp & Hall Harlequin which will be here within 2 weeks InshAllah and Oblivion LE will be here by March 14th InshAllah.

It costed me around 320 Pounds including everything.

Uzair Bhai, i envy you... looking to exchange it with a TRD? :D

What is the name of the sheet used on the blade of your bat? the ones we get with CA and MB bats are different... Can i find it in Pak or Dubai???

Nahi yaar I will keep this :D

It is called Scuff Sheet and it does come with CA bats.

Yaar so you bought TRD and didn't post pictures of it yet ?

Uzair Bhai my brother is coming back from Pakistan on 7th March and as soon as i get the bat, i will post pics of it...

The scuff sheets we get with CA is different to the one you got with this GM...

the ones we get with CA are like this...

http://www.cawears.com/cricket/detail_view.asp?pid=1065-0-11-20

Please do post a review of it I would say if you don't mind :)

Actually with the handle there is small book and it has a scuff sheet. My CA 12000 Plus came with it, my friends TRD came with it and yes it was different from the one you posted.

I will post the pics and review it once i receive it...

The one on your GM is plane (without lines) but the one my cousin got with his 12000 was pretty much similar to the one on CA's website. i have seen icon at a shop here in Dubai, the sheet was similar to yours but different to that of GM.. that shopkeeper told me that this type of sheet comes with GMs only...

Nahi yaar my CA came with one like my GM, I don't know why you didn't get that.

Go to AJ Sports or call them and ask clear anti scuff sheet that one is like my GM, the one you are talking about is called fibretech.

I would say clear as it is easier to take off after it has been used.

Australian players use fibretech.

Yes I have noticed that Aus players use that one, why is that?

Also I prefer the clear one as you can show off your amazing grains on your bat.:D

On a serious note I really don't know, the reason why I prefer clear one is because it gets easier to peel it off once it dries

cd bhai, how many bats do u usually carry to matches? and what do u do with the rest?? i am sure your team mates will be very happy. if i had such a team mate, i wudnt buy any kit but still get to use the best bats :)

In this season I have lots of bats last season I had;

2 Pakistani bats (UT and Plain) [Considered as a bad bats]
MB Malik Bubber Sher [Considered as a good bat]
CA 12000 Plus [Considered as a good bat]
Gray Nicolls Powerbow 3 Star [Considered as a good bat]
Newbery Krakatoa (for later season) [Considered as a good bat]

So I usually take two "good" bats and one bad in case it starts raining etc.

Rest stay hope and are chilling :))

Actually there is no one in my team who use someone else bats, if anyone ask then I love to allow them to use. But there are few in my team who will never play with my bats because they fear they might break them :facepalm:

Including me there are 5 people who are really really bats fanatic rest aren't as big as us and some use decade(s) old bats.

oh ok. so what will it be for this year? and what r u going to do with your old bats??

This season InshAllah I will be using everything. Mainly I think it will be Icon and Salix (for now) and for T20 MB LE because having played with MB LE for past few weeks I don't get that front foot play power (hope you understand what I am trying to say here). With MB LE it is not fun to play drives but with Newbery and Salix for example it is very good.

Rest will be with me as well :)

hope u score tons of runs with all 3. btw do u have any idea abt SM bats? i have been offered really good prices for all their range and can get custom made from the factory as well for the same price. i am thinking whether to get one or not....

saw these pics http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=161625543848656&set=a.159811920696685.37690.121460267865184
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...121460267865184&pid=533625&id=121460267865184

was quite impressed and for the price it seemed very attractive.

Pehlay price boholo bhai :)

Am on my BB will look at pictures in the morning on my Mac as it is not fun having a look at them on BB lol

Hope you don't mind

I would say buy a Pakistani bat. Plenty to choose from in that price bracket aswell.

yaar i ordered a AS V10 from the factory. and the bat they gave me wasn't up to the mark. handle is of poor quality and thin. i have oiled it, knocked it and it was used in 1 nets session in anger by a teammate. there are lots of cracks on it. there is a hollow sound on some parts of the blade. seems like it hasn't been pressed at all. i hadnt even asked for big edges or anything like that. i had asked them to select a willow that will perform and weight of 2' 9". quality really doesn't justify the top of the range bat. i have emailed them about it but no response at all from them.

I am very sorry to hear that. I had heard that AS bats have some handle issues but mostly everyone that owns one has only good things to say about the blade. You must just be very unlucky. Customer Service is certainly not good with most Pakistani companies but I think that it is not too dissimilar to Indian ones. For £180 you should be able to pick up an Bubber Sher LE or maybe a CA 12000 both of which have superb reviews.

Very nice bat, Cover Drive! It looks very good...

But if you don't mind, I have some questions.

First of all, unless you play at the highest level in Canada, what's the point of paying for 300 pounds for a bat? Don't you think that is too much?

I presume you play at amateur-level like the most of us, so I think even GM 606 or 808 would have been more than good enough. Because I have heard GM grade their bats after looks not perfomance. After all, bats are made for making runs and not admiring how good they look in your bedroom.

For 320 pounds you could have gotten three top of the range Pakistani bats I think... For me three Grade 1 Pakistani bats are better than one Grade 1 English bat. But I guess everyone has their own preferences.

Hope you didn't mind. :)

I presume you play at amateur-level like the most of us, so I think even GM 606 or 808 would have been more than good enough. Because I have heard GM grade their bats after looks not perfomance. After all, bats are made for making runs and not admiring how good they look in your bedroom.

For 320 pounds you could have gotten three top of the range Pakistani bats I think... For me three Grade 1 Pakistani bats are better than one Grade 1 English bat. But I guess everyone has their own preferences.

Bats are like cars! A piece of crap car can drive you places just like a Ferrari can. If I can afford the best car in the market, guess what? I'll buy it. I dont have to drag race you in the streets to prove I am worthy of the car.
Its the same for the bats for some of us. If I can afford a top of the line GM ICON, I am not going to settle for any less.
What good is three inferior bats, when I can have 1 superior bat?
As for the collection of bats, it is precisely that: A Collection!
People collect stuff! They're called Collectors(i think :D).

Haha, good one.:D

Bats are like cars ey, I can imagine girls will be all over you when you go out there with you GM Icon LE. :p

I happen to have a solid Newbery Krakatoa. Krakatoa is more like a Corvette: A poor man's Ferrari. GM Icon is in my wish list.
As for the girls, My Fiancee will suffice for now. :D

Very nice bat, Cover Drive! It looks very good...

But if you don't mind, I have some questions.

First of all, unless you play at the highest level in Canada, what's the point of paying for 300 pounds for a bat? Don't you think that is too much?

Ahh no mind at all, in fact I liked it :)

Well InshAllah I will be using it :)

Dekho yaar Allah (SWT) has given us one life so we should live it happily and everyone has a dream or wish to buy a top end bat and if they can afford it (as ExtraCoverDrive Bhai perfectly explained) then we should buy it.

Live happy, die happy! At the end when your money runs out you won't have a regret that why didn't you buy it etc

More importantly again as ExtraCoverDrive Bhai said this is collection and in collection you sometimes go over the top lol

Ahh no mind at all, in fact I liked it :)

Well InshAllah I will be using it :)

Dekho yaar Allah (SWT) has given us one life so we should live it happily and everyone has a dream or wish to buy a top end bat and if they can afford it (as ExtraCoverDrive Bhai perfectly explained) then we should buy it.

Live happy, die happy! At the end when your money runs out you won't have a regret that why didn't you buy it etc

More importantly again as ExtraCoverDrive Bhai said this is collection and in collection you sometimes go over the top lol

Hehe, sounds good.:)I was thinking more from a cricketing point of view actually, you could get a lot of things for over 300 pounds.:amir

But yeah, if you have money than why not? I know many people like to collect bats etc. also, never understood why to be honest.:p

Maybe because I like bowling more...:asif

very true, if you can afford a top of the range bat, just buy it. Most of tha bats which CD bhai has are on my wish list.

Wooww Uzair Bhai, I just saw this thread and I am really impressed with your bats.

I must say this is one of the best bat I've seen recently.. mashallah.. how many do u have now?

Assalamu Aleikum Wa Rahmatulla Hi Wa Barakato

:D

I read trough the WHOLE thread, which is so not like me :farhat
After some good recommendations in my thread, I spent some time googling for different bats, and after reading your review and talking to a friend who is in India and bought the 303 today, I think I will go for one of the Icon DXM's. But can someone please explain me the difference between the 505, 606, 808, Original etc.

http://worldcricketstore.com/acatalog/Gunn_and_Moore_2011_Icon_DXM.html

Last edited:
Walaikum Salaam bhai,

303, 404, 606, 808, 909, Original and Original LE are different grades of English willow GM bats. 303 is lowest and cheapest bat and Original LE is the highest quality and most expensive.

That was useful. Thank's to both of you. But what difference will it make in the nets & out there in the middle? :13:

GM Icons are great bats, but I would recommend not to get it from India. Here's why: From my personal experience of buying a blade kookaburra 750, it turned out a dud. When I asked the seller about the quality of the bat, the seller himself told me that even though all kookaburras are manufactured in india, only the rejects are mostly sold in India, unless you're willing to pay the same hefty price for the quality bats as you get in australia or uk.
When i finally got the premium top of the line blade 950 from US, i noticed how even the profile was different from the 750.
Bottomline: if you are willing to buy a GM bat, buy it from abroad as it will guarantee its authenticity.
Ive seen someone who bought a GM icon bat from india. It was probably a 505 series icon DXM bat. The profile looked exactly the same as the top of the line one you see in this thread, but the willow looked grade 2.
As far as i am concerned, thats not good enough. Atleast settle for a grade 1 bat.
NOthing against bats made in india. They make fabulous bats. Just not the icons that are sold for cheap.
Another way to look at it would be: There is no such thing as an unbeatable deal out there. If its too good to be true, it probably is.

Salaam. What difference does the grades make when you are out there in the middle? I did not know anything about bat's until this week, lol. I got one bat as a gift from my first cricket team when I was 16 or something. I don't know why they gave it to me, anyway I have not played much cricket over the years but whenever I have played I have used that. Not that I am a good player, but I am twice as good with my own bat than with someone elses, but I guess that is natural :fawad

I liked that idea of you brother CD to only use the other bat when it rains, etc. I can also use my other bat for rain, etc. Actually that bat is probably laying somwhere in the snow atm. I never take care of it. Got some cracks here and there, and experienced sever showers, snow, you name it :inzi

Jinn Baba, a quick message (will reply in a detail response in a bit) and that's the Icons which are made in India ala Indian Icon I think have different shape than the ones sold in UK. One of my clubmate bought Icon from India and the profile was total different, it had low sweetspot and was more like Hero than Icon.

So point is shape of Indian Icons and UK Icons are different.

I seem to recall seeing an Icon bought from India a while back, it had a rounded toe akin to SS made bats.

What is this toe thing I am reading and people talking about? :)

My old bat is kharaab in the end/toe end? I mean like in the bottom. Because I have hit it on the ground many times while taking my stance. So yeah, is that something relalted to it? I saw that the Adidas bat's have some sort of protection down there? Lol, that did not sound right :inti

What is this toe thing I am reading and people talking about? :)

My old bat is kharaab in the end/toe end? I mean like in the bottom. Because I have hit it on the ground many times while taking my stance. So yeah, is that something relalted to it? I saw that the Adidas bat's have some sort of protection down there? Lol, that did not sound right :inti

Actually toe is the weakest area of the bat and it requires knocking in order to live up to its potential. I am assuming you probably didn't knock it properly or the bat was plank or became a plank because of the treatment you gave him :haider :ibutt

I seem to recall seeing an Icon bought from India a while back, it had a rounded toe akin to SS made bats.

Yes, that is correct.

The one I saw did have rounded toe like SS.

And ohh the stickers seemed to be original :20:

Back