Hashim Amla | The Mega Discussion Thread

Brilliant Player. Absolutely love his backfoot punches. The next Brother Bradman! :amla

I'm a great fan of Hashim.

A ambassador as a muslim to the cricketing world an also to Islam. A gentleman and a humble guy.

Allah give him more rewards and more success, ameen.

Mr Hashim Amla Noorani , i hope he was playing for PAkistan . We would not need anyone else . that is how great he is ! Great find for Saffers

Noorani what a nice family name for sure great guy /cricketer/Muslim.
every country wishes that they had an Hashim Amla :)
_40447897_amla270.jpg

He has a brother by the name of Ahmed Amla as well who plays some good cricket in RSA as well

Definately a fan, and his ODI stats are simply unbelievable

62 average with a 92 strike-rate! wow!

it's funny that just because Amla is a muslim, Pakistanis (and Afghanis) have become his fans. What about all the other great batsmen to watch who aren't muslims? Why isn't there an AB Devilliers fan club, a Ricky Ponting, or Gautum Gambhir fan club on PakPassion? Doesn't have to be these particular cricketers, but any other foreign cricketer who isn't a muslim...

it's funny that just because Amla is a muslim, Pakistanis (and Afghanis) have become his fans. What about all the other great batsmen to watch who aren't muslims? Why isn't there an AB Devilliers fan club, a Ricky Ponting, or Gautum Gambhir fan club on PakPassion? Doesn't have to be these particular cricketers, but any other foreign cricketer who isn't a muslim...

Whats your point?

So what if he's muslim, that makes him an ambassador to Islam; this is a fan page, as the OP has opened up.

If you want to open a Ponting, AB Devilliers or a Ghambir thread then go ahead!

Whats your point?

So what if he's muslim, that makes him an ambassador to Islam; this is a fan page, as the OP has opened up.

If you want to open a Ponting, AB Devilliers or a Ghambir thread then go ahead!

It just doesn't seem very relevant to how enjoyable it is to watch him bat.

You're an idiot! What does his being Muslim have anything to do with this Fan Club? He has clearly been poles apart from every other batsmen in this series, the guy is fast becoming a legend.

To go with that, he has an excellent attitude, personality and gracefulness about him, that separates his being from the rest; especially so, when compared to the current crop of Pakistani players. Amla's being a Muslim is a bonus, however, anyone else with similar traits would have shared the same fan following. So, stop your attempt to hijack this thread and let's all praise the guy for what he is; a legend in the making.

Last edited:
He's an ambassador to Islam, we have many muslims who play professional cricket currently but dont seem to paint a good picture of Islam.

Sure and it is not just because of him being Muslim he is playing very well sad thing he started late if he played when he was 16 like Sachin he could have been more experienced and talented.
Still he will b a legend he is the key player in World Cup
I like him a Cricketer first then as a person and third as a Muslim :)

If any body wants to make new threated for any other cricketer they are more than welcome to do so :amla :amla

Hashim Amla has displaced his team mate, AB de Villiers, as the No 1 batsman on the latest Reliance Mobile ICC Player Rankings for ODI batsmen after another outstanding series against Pakistan which ended in Dubai on Monday.

Amla was the leading run-getter in the series with 291 runs, including one century and two half-centuries. As such, he earned 40 ratings points which were enough to put him ahead of De Villiers.

De Villiers had started the series in the No. 1position on 817 ratings points and finished in second place on 809 ratings points after scoring 209 runs in the series with two half-centuries.

Also on the rise are South Africa captain Graeme Smith and left-handed batsman JP Duminy. Smith has moved up one place to 15th position after scoring 124 runs in three matches while Duminy has improved his ranking by five places and he now occupies 23rd position.

In the rankings for bowlers Morne Morkel has achieved a career-best ranking to date. Morkel has vaulted 13 places to 12th position after bagging eight wickets in the series.

Morkel now becomes South Africa’s highest-ranked bowler, leap-frogging off-spinner Johan Botha (14th) and Dale Steyn (17th).

Also moving in the right direction is Lonwabo Tsotsobe in 50th (up by 12 places).

In the rankings for all-rounders, Jacques Kallis has moved up one place to fourth spot.

Reliance Mobile ICC ODI Rankings (as of 9 November, after Pakistan-South Africa and Australia-Sri Lanka ODI series)

http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Hashim-displaces-AB-on-top-20101109

To be honest those are some of my favourite players lol. I like them more than Amla. Well I used to like AB, but for some reason ever since he took up the gloves, he slightly annoys when he keeps.

He's good, but he's in good form at the moment. Dunno how long it will last.

I still maintain the opinion that Graeme smith is the best batsman in the team, not amla.

Last edited:
love this guy...second to Kallis and Smith in the team, and I love his style and his attitude. May Allah grant him the best

I am a brother Hashim fan.
Such a hard working and focussed cricketer.
All the best to him.

Huge fan, just enjoy watching him bat, graceful strokes sheer class. I get out of my comfort zone to watch him, and I don't do that for Pak!

Defo a fan, really talented batsman with exquisite timing. He's added that steel to the SA top order.
Top notch stats also. Wonderful.

Yes i do admire his composure.
But i believe that you guys are bit exaggerating him in PP jus b'coz he is a muslim.
Remember i have nothin against Islam infact i love it!!

Hashim Amla [Hits 16th Test Hundred]

All right. PakPassions favourite non Pakistani player has arrived in Kiwiland for a long series. Im expecting big things from the phenom Hashim Amla :amla Should do well in the small grounds. Expecting to see some beautifully timed sixes. South Africa bat in 20 minutes.

He plays his first game today which is incidentally in a format he hasn't proven himself in as of yet. Can Hashim conquer the world of fun cricket as well? :yk

Hashim-Amla-Pic-e1326617359267.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BEAUTIFUL six!

Cover drives it all the way.

Uh oh. is he runout?

:(:( Amla's first outing is cut short due to an amazing piece of fielding by Martin Guptill, one of the best fielders in the world.

Last edited:
Any other fielder in cricket and he would have made it. Guptill is supremely fast. The guy is an absolute tracer bullet on the field.

Yeap. His ground speed is amazing. And his powerful arm is very underrated by batsmen the world over. From the outfield - if MG is within a 20 meter radius of the ball - do not go for that extra run.

Amla needs to fire today to chase 173.

...He might not have to fire if Levi keeps playing the way he is. 23 of 11. Amla 2 in 2.

Last edited:
He has enough time to hit more sixes today than Amla has hit in his whole ODI career ... Yip. So stop thinking Amla is the god of cricket.

lol We dont like Amla for sixes, we just like his batting but ya Levi is hitting 'em so clean!

You're enjoying this arent you!

little bit...

you wrote in one posts u are a fanboy...thats ok with me

i thought you like him becuase of religion..sorry for that

end of the day Team is bigger than any individual..whats if Amla failed SA won thats waht matters at end for majority

I'm not South African so its okay for me to support Amla before SA. I love his stroke play (reminds me of Anwar in a away) and his humble and unassuming attitude is refreshing. The fact that he is Muslim is also a reason I root for him, to be honest. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Representing a minority in his country and being extremely successful will obviously make Muslims root for him.

Was a tough catch but Guptill is one of the best fielders in the world. Amla deserves that bit of luck though after the other day when he was run-out by Guptill Jonty style.

32 in 20 balls.

Last edited:
am new here....

big amla fan :amla and lol i like how this forum has smilies of players:)

he has been a bit unlucky too with t20's.....run out a couple of times in da last 5 t20's.....i was a bit pissed off he got run out in the first one:(....was playin well....and in da 3rd one he FINALLY proved it to me atleast dat HE CAN PLAY t20's:p.....still a bit dissapointing he dint go on to a get a 50+ score....but iam pretty sure he has saved himself....and dat 33 at 150 should get him da 5 t20's against zim this june....hoping he scores a couple of 50's thr at a good rate and finally settles down in da t20 team properly:D

Lol the title of this thread makes me feel as if Amla is some superhero and has gone to some NZ to save them from some monster:))

And ROFL at those who had begin this thread with comments like, 'He will eat Kiwis alive...' and 'He is the best in the world...' etc. and have come down to 'He should'nt play t20' etc.

Typical knee jerk reactions.

He's good but he's not that good. Certainly not the best batsman in the world - like Ringo, not even the best drummer in the Beatles. Give me Smith in a second innings run chase, Kallis in the first innings, or Abraham in an ODI.

Lol the title of this thread makes me feel as if Amla is some superhero and has gone to some NZ to save them from some monster:))

And ROFL at those who had begin this thread with comments like, 'He will eat Kiwis alive...' and 'He is the best in the world...' etc. and have come down to 'He should'nt play t20' etc.

Typical knee jerk reactions.

He is a super hero!!

Who said he shouldn't play T20 after sayin he will eat them alive???

iam eagerly waiting to see how he goes in TESTS in ENGLAND , the WORLD T20 and TESTS in AUS later:D

ths r da biggies i so wanna see him perform well in:)

for now hopin he gets a 10th in da ODI come saturday:p

iam eagerly waiting to see how he goes in TESTS in ENGLAND , the WORLD T20 and TESTS in AUS later:D

ths r da biggies i so wanna see him perform well in:)

for now hopin he gets a 10th in da ODI come saturday:p

This!!

I believe Amla's combined ODI+Test average is the highest ever at 103.3? Epic if true.

He's good but he's not that good. Certainly not the best batsman in the world - like Ringo, not even the best drummer in the Beatles. Give me Smith in a second innings run chase, Kallis in the first innings, or Abraham in an ODI.

I'm hoping he will change your mind come July/Aug. I know you rate players based on how they perform in England :moyo

Not entirely, but England should be a significant consideration with regards to a batsman :moyo

This!!

I believe Amla's combined ODI+Test average is the highest ever at 103.3? Epic if true.

it prolly is:).... kallis with 57.02+45.55=102.57 is prolly next on da list...

i think hussey is da only guy who averages 50 or more in both formats rite now.....trott's odi average has fallen a bit....but he can get back thr again with 1 or 2 knocks....amla can easily get thr imo:)....because if am not wrong he averaged 25 ish in his first 15 tests...so he has been performin damn well to have reached 47 ish in 50 odd tests....and imo it will only improve if he continues to perform well:)

Moreso than the identity of the bowlers is the whole swing thing, which has been the scourge of many :sehwag

and his odi stats r anyway second to none:D...and for a guy who was not considered as a ONE DAY player his strike rate of 92 ish is scary good:p

Moreso than the identity of the bowlers is the whole swing thing, which has been the scourge of many :sehwag

he did alright last time he went to england.....has got a 100 at lords....whr he contributed in saving da match...a 3rd / 4th inning hundred to draw da match.....and overall averaged 40 ish i guess in england.....so iam sure he can better it this time....i myself really wanna see him perform well in england and aus dis year.....

Back