How will the India-Pakistan relations shape-up in 2023?

Moreover Hindu's and Muslim's coexisted well when the Muslim Mughal's and even Indian Congress were ruling Hindustan/India. This does not mean the creation of Pakistan is a problem or it did not have the right to be formed. In conclusion all this hate of Muslim's in both India and Pak started after Hindu fanatic Modi became PM.

Nothing can be further from the truth than that. Having actually lived in India during those Non-BJP times I can tell this with absolute certainty that what you are saying is just pure bull dust.

However unlike you I will also back that up with proper evidence. The problem is you will resort to wild conspiracy theories in order to keep believing in what you have been brainwashed with. RSS burnt down the train killing their own is one of the wildest conspiracy theories that I have ever heard so far. I mean does it even occur to you that Sonia Gandhi - a sworn enemy of Modi - who had complete control of Central govt during the investigative phases of 2002 riots does not accuse the RSS of being responsible for torching that train?

So yeah at this point let me know if you are even willing to accept any evidence at all?. Otherwise it is just futile to debate on this matter.

LEts not even bother with temples destroyed and Mughals etc .... which is also not entirely acurate.

Last edited:
Nothing can be further from the truth than that. Having actually lived in India during those Non-BJP times I can tell this with absolute certainty that what you are saying is just pure bull dust.

However unlike you I will also back that up with proper evidence. The problem is you will resort to wild conspiracy theories in order to keep believing in what you have been brainwashed with. RSS burnt down the train killing their own is one of the wildest conspiracy theories that I have ever heard so far. I mean does it even occur to you that Sonia Gandhi - a sworn enemy of Modi - who had complete control of Central govt during the investigative phases of 2002 riots does not accuse the RSS of being responsible for torching that train?

So yeah at this point let me know if you are even willing to accept any evidence at all?. Otherwise it is just futile to debate on this matter.

LEts not even bother with temples destroyed and Mughals etc .... which is also not entirely acurate.

Pak and Bharat have always been rivals no doubt about that. Modi however has taken that to a knew level with his hatred of Muslim's and Pakistan. When the subject has nothing to do with us he still finds a way to bring Pakistan in to the debate! Do you not know that pro Modi Arnab Goswami has been fined a few times due to his racist drivel of Pakistanis or is that false too?

The conspiracy theory you are on about the Godhra massacre is backed by that now infamous programme. It makes no sense for a minority community to kill the majority Hindu's knowing the backlash that will follow. Your hogwash does not make any basic commonsense!. So Sonia Gandhi is now the judge of who was responsible for the Godhra rioting??:viru

You do not have any conclusive evidence other then the bullsit that comes out of the mouth's of extremist kar sevak's who blame Muslim's and Pakistanis for everything. These are the same people who insist the Taj among other Muslim monuments were originally Hindu temple's.

LEts not even bother with temples destroyed and Mughals etc .... which is also not entirely acurate. Again this is again right wing Hindu propaganda you have been brainwashed with. I am not painting the Mughal's as sinless at all, they were as human as anyone else. Many off them even took Hindu wives and would celebrate Hindu religious events. Akbar even tried to merge Islam with Hinduism that was totally rejected by faithful from both sides. You need to watch "Mughal-e-Azam or "Jodhaa Akbar".

Last edited:
Pak and Bharat have always been rivals no doubt about that. Modi however has taken that to a knew level with his hatred of Muslim's and Pakistan. When the subject has nothing to do with us he still finds a way to bring Pakistan in to the debate! Do you not know that pro Modi Arnab Goswami has been fined a few times due to his racist drivel of Pakistanis or is that false too?.

The point was about situation prior to 2014. So what will you accept as evidence ?

The conspiracy theory you are on about the Godhra massacre is backed by that now infamous programme. It makes no sense for a minority community to kill the majority Hindu's knowing the backlash that will follow. Your hogwash does not make any basic commonsense!. So Sonia Gandhi is now the judge of who was responsible for the Godhra rioting??

the point about Sonia Gandhi was to prove logically that even the most vehement ant-Modi/RSS people India do not blame RSS for the train.

You do not have any conclusive evidence other then the bullsit that comes out of the mouth's of extremist kar sevak's who blame Muslim's and Pakistanis for everything. These are the same people who insist the Taj among other Muslim monuments were originally Hindu temple's.

again for the nth time .... what will you accept as evidence ? Are you even amenable to accepting evidences?

LEts not even bother with temples destroyed and Mughals etc .... which is also not entirely acurate. Again this is again right wing Hindu propaganda you have been brainwashed with. I am not painting the Mughal's as sinless at all, they were as human as anyone else. Many off them even took Hindu wives and would celebrate Hindu religious events. Akbar even tried to merge Islam with Hinduism that was totally rejected by faithful from both sides. You need to watch "Mughal-e-Azam or "Jodhaa Akbar".

Here is a picture of the Gyanvapi Mosque which was built by demolishing one of the holiest Hindu shrines. Do you want to explain how a Mosque (in white ) came to be standing on Hindu temple pillars ( in brown )

https://www.outlookindia.com/nation...y-at-varanasi-s-gyanvapi-mosque-photos-196741

The American intelligence community on Wednesday told lawmakers that it apprehends increased tension between India and Pakistan and India and China with the possibility of a conflict between them.
It also noted that under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India is more likely than in the past to respond with military force to Pakistani provocations.

This assessment forms part of the annual threat assessment of the US intelligence community that was submitted to the US Congress by the Office of Director of National Intelligence during a Congressional hearing.

While India and China have engaged in bilateral border talks and resolved border points, relations will remain strained in the wake of the countries' lethal clash in 2020, the most serious in decades, said the report.

The expanded military postures by both India and China along the disputed border elevate the risk of armed confrontation between two nuclear powers that might involve direct threats to US persons and interests, and calls for US intervention. Previous standoffs have demonstrated that persistent low-level friction on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) has the potential to escalate swiftly, it said.

According to the report, the crises between India and Pakistan are of particular concern because of the risk of an escalatory cycle between two nuclear-armed states. New Delhi and Islamabad probably are inclined to reinforce the current calm in their relationship following both sides' renewal of a ceasefire along the Line of Control in early 2021.

"However, Pakistan has a long history of supporting anti-India militant groups, and under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India is more likely than in the past to respond with military force to perceived or real Pakistani provocations. Each side's perception of heightened tensions raises the risk of conflict, with violent unrest in Kashmir or a militant attack in India being potential flashpoints," it said.

Responding to a question, the State Department Spokesperson Ned Price said US-Pakistan counter-terrorism dialogue provides an "opportunity for the United States to convey our willingness to work with Pakistan" to address terrorist threats and counter violent extremism, the threats that are in the region, the threats that have the potential to transcend the region as well.

"We have a shared interest in combating threats to regional security. The goal of a stable and secure South and Central Asia free from terrorism depends on the strength of in large part our partnership with Pakistan. The dialogue is a testament to our shared commitment to a resilient security relationship and an opportunity for candid discussion on steps we can take together to counter all terrorist groups that threaten regional and global stability," he said.

"The United States seeks to expand our partnership to address these challenges. Any group that threatens regional and global stability of course is a concern to us. It is something that we discussed in the context of this counter-terrorism dialogue," Price said.

NDTV

The point was about situation prior to 2014. So what will you accept as evidence ?

the point about Sonia Gandhi was to prove logically that even the most vehement ant-Modi/RSS people India do not blame RSS for the train.

again for the nth time .... what will you accept as evidence ? Are you even amenable to accepting evidences?

Here is a picture of the Gyanvapi Mosque which was built by demolishing one of the holiest Hindu shrines. Do you want to explain how a Mosque (in white ) came to be standing on Hindu temple pillars ( in brown )

https://www.outlookindia.com/nation...y-at-varanasi-s-gyanvapi-mosque-photos-196741

Evidence for what when we all know Hindutva fascists want a Hitler like Germany, India?. What about the situation before 2014?. The likes of Congress have their own agenda. They know full well if the Gandhi's mention Godhra then the RSS will remind them of the 1984 Sikh genocide.

The evidence is what I am providing you with anti Muslim rhetoric and hate speeches in India every day. As for Godhra once again much material has been removed from online. What happened was your Muslim's were framed by the RSS who first killed their own people as a means to go on a killing spree. All you are providing are dodgy reports. Even Modi ran away from Karan Thapar when he was questioned, he did not deny the accusations at all.

Where is the evidence that the Mosque was built on e temple? It is not a crime for two places of worship to be standing parallel to each other. To be honest I have said that the Moghul's were not angel's at all rather guilty of many crimes including harming Muslim's too. My beef is that the Hindu fanatics are running amok disputing every Masjid now as being built on Hindu ruins.

Evidence for what when we all know Hindutva fascists want a Hitler like Germany, India?

PROVE it using legit facts!! ... until then I cannot take your word as a substitute for facts. This is not how debates work. So how many concentration camps for Muslims? How many Million Muslims killed in last 9 yrs that resulted in a drastic reduction of minority population like it happened in Germany ?

Show legit facts else I will not respond.

The evidence is what I am providing you with anti Muslim rhetoric and hate speeches in India every day.

And the opposite is true as well. So based on your tedious logic India is a anti-Hindu nation (In fact India allows for Sharia !! ) Now what ? See the problem with your "logic"

As for Godhra once again much material has been removed from online. What happened was your Muslim's were framed by the RSS who first killed their own people as a means to go on a killing spree. All you are providing are dodgy reports. Even Modi ran away from Karan Thapar when he was questioned, he did not deny the accusations at all.

That is simply not possible in this day and age as India does not own the entire internet because you cannot explain how the Karan Thapar interview survives. The Karan Thappar interview never gets into the Godhra train burning as his agenda was all about Muslim lives lost.

Where is the evidence that the Mosque was built on e temple? It is not a crime for two places of worship to be standing parallel to each other. To be honest I have said that the Moghul's were not angel's at all rather guilty of many crimes including harming Muslim's too. My beef is that the Hindu fanatics are running amok disputing every Masjid now as being built on Hindu ruins.

The evidence is right there in that Picture. How the hell do you not see it ? And no the 2 structures are not standing next to each other. The mosque stands on top of the pillars.

here is a better picture notice how the white mosque blends into the brown remains of temple: Link https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/Kashi-gyanvapi_(1).jpg

PROVE it using legit facts!! ... until then I cannot take your word as a substitute for facts. This is not how debates work. So how many concentration camps for Muslims? How many Million Muslims killed in last 9 yrs that resulted in a drastic reduction of minority population like it happened in Germany ?

Show legit facts else I will not respond.

And the opposite is true as well. So based on your tedious logic India is a anti-Hindu nation (In fact India allows for Sharia !! ) Now what ? See the problem with your "logic"

That is simply not possible in this day and age as India does not own the entire internet because you cannot explain how the Karan Thapar interview survives. The Karan Thappar interview never gets into the Godhra train burning as his agenda was all about Muslim lives lost.

The evidence is right there in that Picture. How the hell do you not see it ? And no the 2 structures are not standing next to each other. The mosque stands on top of the pillars.

here is a better picture notice how the white mosque blends into the brown remains of temple: Link https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/Kashi-gyanvapi_(1).jpg

Is killing of Muslim's and demanding there blood in conclaves. Bulldozing their homes and insisting every Muslim Masjid or shrine was a Hindu one not oppressive enough? You do know that Modi and the RSS will not be keeping any numbers of how many Muslim's and minorities they kill? Even the international media is saying India is heading for a Muslim genocide? What evidence are you looking for?

Where are anti Hindu speeches in Muslim majority countries? If they happen in India is is reactionary to what the RSS are doing?

Why is it not possibles for material to be removed online? You do realize that Godhra happened some twenty years back not yesterday. Karan Thapar is a genuine journalist which is why that interview can still be seen. There was even a website over the Godhra killing's that has now been removed.

I said that the Mughal's were no angel's neither were they devout Muslim's. Islam was used as a means to expand their empire. They bought down all sorts of buildings and killed Muslim's as well as taking Hindu wives. The Mughal's celebrated Hindu festivals too. As for that photo you are obsessed with a few Hindu temple's may have been destroyed. The problem is the Hindu fanatics are questioning every Masjid even the Taj Mahal. It is about time people like you got over what happened centuries back! The opposites means a civil war in India and your temple's in Muslim majority countries being attacked.

I see the Sikh's have already vandalized your temple's in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is killing of Muslim's and demanding there blood in conclaves. Bulldozing their homes and insisting every Muslim Masjid or shrine was a Hindu one not oppressive enough? You do know that Modi and the RSS will not be keeping any numbers of how many Muslim's and minorities they kill? Even the international media is saying India is heading for a Muslim genocide? What evidence are you looking for?

If this is a systemic widespread problem as you try to paint it India would be in the middle of a civil war right now.

There are speeches made by Muslims calling for Hindu genocide in India also how do you explain that ?

And as much as you might want to believe that the RSS is in charge of running every Police Station, Court and Military in the country it is categorically incorrect. Infact the deep state ( the establishment ) is still heavily infested with Pro-Congress supporters who were appointed during the congress regime which ruled for nearly 60 yrs out of 75 .. it will take a longtime before they all retire.

Here is another example: The Indian constitution still allows Muslims to practice Sharia(Including 4 wives), provides Hajj subsidies and tax benefits to Mosques. No such privileges to Hindus. Can you explain how that is possible if RSS is running the show?

Where are anti Hindu speeches in Muslim majority countries? If they happen in India is is reactionary to what the RSS are doing?

You mean other than BD+AFG+PK ? If so its because Hindus don't have a problem assimilating with other faiths anywhere in the world. The reverse is not true. Which is why Muslims have ongoing conflicts with almost every major religion in the world.

As for that photo you are obsessed with a few Hindu temple's may have been destroyed. The problem is the Hindu fanatics are questioning every Masjid even the Taj Mahal.

That temple is one of the holiest temples in Hinduism. There are only 2 more temples that the Hindus are asking to be reconstructed. I dont know where you get your information as to Hindus demanding every Mosque be converted to temple. Simply ridiculous and not true at all.

But the total number destroyed is not few ... the number is in thousands. unless you think the entire Pakistan+Afghanistan+BD area which was all 100% non-muslim before 700AD is littered with temples. You have no idea how much death and destruction was orchestrated by the Muslim invaders. Google it.

Why is it not possibles for material to be removed online? You do realize that Godhra happened some twenty years back not yesterday. Karan Thapar is a genuine journalist which is why that interview can still be seen. There was even a website over the Godhra killing's that has now been removed.

Because its just not easy to do ... almost next to impossible. Lookup the concept of crowd sourcing. thats how the internet works. Or do you think that EVERYONE in India is terrified of the RSS and deleted any content that could incriminate them? Also the incident did not happen during stone age. We had internet and cable tv. And its not like Muslims did not have access to these. So therefore what you are saying is just impossible to have happened Even the highly biased original BBC reporting from 2002 does not blame RSS for this.

Besides that do you have any explanation as to why the then ruling Congress govt under Sonia Gandhi who is a sworn enemy of Modi did not utter a single sentence accusing the RSS to be responsible for burning down the train ? Do you know that the congress govt had setup a independent commission to investigate the train burning and nowhere during that investigation did they even accuse the RSS of being responsible for that incident?

If this is a systemic widespread problem as you try to paint it India would be in the middle of a civil war right now.

There are speeches made by Muslims calling for Hindu genocide in India also how do you explain that ?

And as much as you might want to believe that the RSS is in charge of running every Police Station, Court and Military in the country it is categorically incorrect. Infact the deep state ( the establishment ) is still heavily infested with Pro-Congress supporters who were appointed during the congress regime which ruled for nearly 60 yrs out of 75 .. it will take a longtime before they all retire.

Here is another example: The Indian constitution still allows Muslims to practice Sharia(Including 4 wives), provides Hajj subsidies and tax benefits to Mosques. No such privileges to Hindus. Can you explain how that is possible if RSS is running the show?

You mean other than BD+AFG+PK ? If so its because Hindus don't have a problem assimilating with other faiths anywhere in the world. The reverse is not true. Which is why Muslims have ongoing conflicts with almost every major religion in the world.

That temple is one of the holiest temples in Hinduism. There are only 2 more temples that the Hindus are asking to be reconstructed. I dont know where you get your information as to Hindus demanding every Mosque be converted to temple. Simply ridiculous and not true at all.

But the total number destroyed is not few ... the number is in thousands. unless you think the entire Pakistan+Afghanistan+BD area which was all 100% non-muslim before 700AD is littered with temples. You have no idea how much death and destruction was orchestrated by the Muslim invaders. Google it.

Then we have to remember that for a civil war to happen the other side must become equally aggressive. As your Muslim's are happy to be hammered it has not yet occurred. All the while the likes of Raj Singh continue to have their way with his hate speeches. I explain Muslim hate speeches as a reaction to Hindu ones. Have there been any attacks on Hindu temples by Muslim's anywhere including India?

We are not questioning what the Indian law or constitution says. It is what happens among the people and public that matters. Any constitution is as good as the people believe or practice it, right?. This is like the so called Islamic Republic of Pakistan where there is nothing Islamic at all. You get the picture?

"You mean other than BD+AFG+PK ? If so its because Hindus don't have a problem assimilating with other faiths anywhere in the world. The reverse is not true. Which is why Muslims have ongoing conflicts with almost every major religion in the world." Afghanistan is a war zone where people kill each other a hobby! Where are the anti Hindu speeches in Pak, UAE, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey, Morocco and Maldive islands where Hindu's go t holiday?? Has it not occurred to you that the west has murdered million's of Muslim's in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Palestine? There will obviously be a reaction too that. How many Hindu's have been the victims of western propaganda?

I am getting my information from Muslim hating politicians like Raj Singh, RSS goons and that fat guy on Sudarshan news!From the likes of Ashok Swain and Arundhati Roy to name just a few people. Yes this temple has now become your "holiest" when for years no one even spoke about it! All these years gone by it was not that holy until Modi had some dream, ehh?. Once more I get my information from authentic sources of which i have given links before.

Rather, you are using anti Muslim rhetoric as a means to justify that Muslim's are responsible for all ill's bestowed upon your community. After the Pakistanis, Bengalis and Afghan's converted to Islam they were naturally gonna build Masjids and bring down Mandir's. The same happened to Churches in Turkey after the Muslim's came in and Masjid's in Spain after the Muslim's were forced out! Unlike a cry by like you I accept it as the will of Allah so you accept u as the will of your God's and Goddesses as well.

You have no numbers to back up exactly what was destroyed and where other then your random ones plucked out of thin air. The only solution you have is keep killing innocent Muslim's in India or force them to Pakistan. We are not some asylum centre who will take in India people who chose India over Pak at independence. Rather you see almost half of the culture of Northern India has Muslim influences like culinary, costumes, music, language and architecture.

Because its just not easy to do ... almost next to impossible. Lookup the concept of crowd sourcing. thats how the internet works. Or do you think that EVERYONE in India is terrified of the RSS and deleted any content that could incriminate them? Also the incident did not happen during stone age. We had internet and cable tv. And its not like Muslims did not have access to these. So therefore what you are saying is just impossible to have happened Even the highly biased original BBC reporting from 2002 does not blame RSS for this.

Besides that do you have any explanation as to why the then ruling Congress govt under Sonia Gandhi who is a sworn enemy of Modi did not utter a single sentence accusing the RSS to be responsible for burning down the train ? Do you know that the congress govt had setup a independent commission to investigate the train burning and nowhere during that investigation did they even accuse the RSS of being responsible for that incident?

It is easy for sure. There was a website called nostradamus-online.com predicting the end of the world by the year 2012. They would sell books and other such material until 2012 past then the website was removed. There was another website hindutva.org bashing Muslim's and praising Hinduism that was also removed by the American government. The operator of this hate website was caught living in some Muslim country. He was charged then made to answer to say the least.

It does not take the whole of India to delete such hate websites, does it? The RSS will not go for powerful Muslim's like the Owais brothers rather every day poor ones who have no political backing or contacts. What it takes is a few haters gathering thousands of people to incite them in to violence by going on about love, jihad, and cow meat consumption among other things.

The problem is to your Hindu's the Muslim's are the responsible for every sin on earth! At least in the west they are taking it to account the internal problems it has and the error's and faults of their own people. Muslim's having access does not mean they were responsible for instigating the violence when they are already so vulnerable. Your ridiculous attempts to paint RSS Hindu's as tolerant is a means to cover their sins. Then from there you somersault to some BC times as an attempt to justify all those murders.

So when the BBC spoke against Modi they were wrong even though many Indian's spoke on it?. When Modi had no reply to Karan Thapar's roasting he was right? The removal of the material online never happened as well because you didn't see it over 20 years back!

Do you understand how politics works? Sometimes there are certain political advantages to be gained by not attacking the opposition. As said before the 1984 killings of Sikh's occurred under Congress that Modi and his RSS pals would have bought up in no time. Did the Congress accuse the Muslims for being responsible for the Godhra fighting or starting them? No I don't think so.

It is easy for sure. There was a website called nostradamus-online.com predicting the end of the world by the year 2012. They would sell books and other such material until 2012 past then the website was removed. There was another website hindutva.org bashing Muslim's and praising Hinduism that was also removed by the American government. The operator of this hate website was caught living in some Muslim country. He was charged then made to answer to say the least.

It does not take the whole of India to delete such hate websites, does it? The RSS will not go for powerful Muslim's like the Owais brothers rather every day poor ones who have no political backing or contacts. What it takes is a few haters gathering thousands of people to incite them in to violence by going on about love, jihad, and cow meat consumption among other things.

The problem is to your Hindu's the Muslim's are the responsible for every sin on earth! At least in the west they are taking it to account the internal problems it has and the error's and faults of their own people. Muslim's having access does not mean they were responsible for instigating the violence when they are already so vulnerable. Your ridiculous attempts to paint RSS Hindu's as tolerant is a means to cover their sins. Then from there you somersault to some BC times as an attempt to justify all those murders.

We are not talking about a random event recorded on a random site. RSS torching a train killing their own is a huge deal which would have been discussed/reported at length. 2002 is not stone age, we had cable TV and Internet. Therefore there is no chance that such an explosive story just simply vanished into thin air and that you do not understand Indian political dynamics (see last para below).

So when the BBC spoke against Modi they were wrong even though many Indian's spoke on it?.

And I can produce 10x more people that will say the opposite. Will you take their word? This is why you have to go with the Indian Supreme courts decision. And you keep ignoring the crucial point that these decisions came during Congress rule and that the possibility that the judges were compromised is Zero. ( Again you need to know how the Indian system works )

When Modi had no reply to Karan Thapar's roasting he was right? The removal of the material online never happened as well because you didn't see it over 20 years back!

Both the BBC documentary and Karan Thappar's interview do not talk about RSS torching the train. Do you agree with that statement or not. Provide a simple one sentence clear answer. If you think they do talk about that topic please post links with timestamps and I will respond based on that. Else you need to move on.

Do you understand how politics works? Sometimes there are certain political advantages to be gained by not attacking the opposition. As said before the 1984 killings of Sikh's occurred under Congress that Modi and his RSS pals would have bought up in no time. Did the Congress accuse the Muslims for being responsible for the Godhra fighting or starting them? No I don't think so.

Hate to say this but reading this post it becomes crystal clear that you have absolutely no idea how Indian politics works especially the congress vs RSS dynamics.

you will obviously not believe me so I suggest you go ask any Indian you trust that knows his politics this question: "Would the Congress party let go of an opportunity to nail RSS if it even had half baked knowledge that the RSS orchestrated the torching of trains killing their own people mostly women and children in broad daylight".

I mean this is the party that setup a commission to investigate the train torching with the sole intent of trying to shift the blame from Muslim community by claiming it to be an accident. They also have a long history of personally attacking RSS, Modi which is a line that is not crossed in politics. I can give you numerous examples but it appears that you are not amenable to facts but instead prefer to believe in wild conspiracy theories.

Will respond to the other post some other time.

Then we have to remember that for a civil war to happen the other side must become equally aggressive. As your Muslim's are happy to be hammered it has not yet occurred. All the while the likes of Raj Singh continue to have their way with his hate speeches. I explain Muslim hate speeches as a reaction to Hindu ones. Have there been any attacks on Hindu temples by Muslim's anywhere including India?

Remember the discussion trail .... the topic is on Hindutva organizations being Hitleresque in implementing fascism. So i suggest you start with a body count that is no less than a few millions not some Puny charges like hate speech.

Now lets hear your latest conspiracy theory on how the RSS hides the bodies destroys evidence wipes out all traces of evidence from Internet, gags all media and what have you. Go on you are capable !

India approves purchase of military equipment worth $8.5 bln

India on Thursday approved purchases of missiles, helicopters, artillery guns and electronic warfare systems worth $8.5 billion as it sought to add more teeth to its military.

The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), the top government body for capital acquisition approvals for the Indian military, approved the orders worth 705 billion rupees ($8.52 billion) for all its services, the Defence Ministry said in a statement.

All orders would be placed with Indian companies, it said, keeping with a push by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government to boost domestic defense manufacturing.

Article content
Flanked by fellow nuclear-armed powers China and Pakistan and running tensions with Chinese troops along its disputed Himalayan frontier, India has been seeking to modernize its mostly Soviet-era military equipment.

The focus on the navy, which accounted for approvals worth 560 billion rupees on Thursday, comes after India expressed concern last year over Chinese activity in the Indian Ocean.

The list of purchases approved included 200 additional BrahMos missiles, 50 utility helicopters and electronic warfare systems for the navy.

BrahMos is a supersonic missile with a range of around 300 km that has been jointly developed by India and Russia. All three Indian military services have been using versions of the missile for over a decade.

https://financialpost.com/pmn/busin...-purchase-of-military-equipment-worth-8-5-bln

India never halted trade relations with Pakistan and wants to move towards normalising business ties, an Indian diplomat said on Friday, stressing that today’s diplomacy focuses on tourism, trade and technology because “money speaks its own language”.

“India always wants bet**ter relations with Pak*istan because we cannot change our geography,” Suresh Kumar, India’s deputy high commissioner to Pakistan, said while speaking at the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI).

“We want to move to**w*ards normal relations with Pakistan. We also didn’t stop trade with Pakistan, as it was Pakistan that did it,” he claimed. “It would be better to see how we can change our problems and situations.”

He agreed that the number of visas issued by the Indian embassy to Pak*istanis dropped during the Covid-19 pandemic. How*ever, he insisted that the number had now increa*sed, as 30,000 visas were being issued every year, which he said was “a huge number”.

The Pakistani and Afghan authorities have agreed to open land route for travel between the two countries with a luxury bus service between Peshawar in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province and Jalalabad in Nangarhar province.

According to sources and documents, a copy of which is available with The Express Tribune, the decision was taken in a meeting of the Afghanistan International Coordination Cell, which aimed at resolving the issues between the two countries.

The sources said that the communications ministries of the two countries had given the go-ahead for the service, agreeing in principle that initially 15 to 20-seater buses would ply on the route.

According to the sources, both sides would finalise arrangements for the bus service in their respective areas.

In this regard, Pakistan would establish a bus terminal at Torkham border point and Afghanistan in Jalalabad.

Only fair for Pak to interfere in Indian affairs when they do in our's. Now with the situation boiling again in Indian Punjab the ISI and Pak security forces must become very proactive again. Lovepreet Toofan and Amritpal Singh are rocking India again.

You will hear the good news soon.. lol.. now just enjoy the show..

The Indian government refused on Saturday to make arrangements for special trains for Sikh pilgrims travelling to Pakistan to celebrate Baisakhi.

The Indian pilgrims will now enter Pakistan on foot through the Wagah border and then take a bus to Nankana Sahib. From there, they will travel to Panja Sahib Hasan Abdal.

Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee President Sardar Ameer Singh said that last year the Indian pilgrims were taken from the joint check post to Wagah border by buses. From the border, they were taken to Nankana Sahib on special trains. He added that the Sikh pilgrims faced many difficulties in the process.

Sardar Ameer Singh said that this year the special trains have been suspended and the pilgrims will be taken to Gurdwara Janam Asthan Nankana Sahib and other places by buses.

"Indian pilgrims should discuss this important issue with their government so that trains can be sent from Wagah to Attari, making the journey easier and more comfortable for the Sikh pilgrims," he said.

Read Pakistan issues visas to Indian Sikh pilgrims for Baisakhi celebrations

The pilgrims will reach Pakistan on April 9 (tomorrow) and return to India on April 18. The Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi has issued 2,956 visas for Sikh pilgrims to participate in the annual festival.

The main Baisakhi event will be held on April 14 at Gurdwara Panja Sahib Hasan Abdal.

Officials of Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and Evacuee Trust Property Board will welcome Indian guests at Wagah border tomorrow.

During their visit, the pilgrims will also visit Gurdwara Janam Asthan Nankana Sahib, Gurdwara Dera Sahib Lahore, Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur, Gurdwara Rori Sahib and Gurudwara Sacha Sauda.

Pakistan on Tuesday voiced its “strong indignation” of India’s plans to convene meetings linked with G20 in India-occupied Jammu and Kashmir in May, saying such a move was “self-serving” on New Delhi’s part.

The third meeting of G20 Tourism Working Group under India’s G20 Presidency will be held from May 22 to 24 in Srinagar, according to the Times of India.

India assumed the presidency of the G20 in December last year.

According to a statement, the Foreign Office expressed strong indignation at New Delhi’s decision to hold the G20 Tourism Working Group meeting in Srinagar on May 22-24.

The scheduling of two other meetings of a consultative forum on youth affairs (Y20) in Leh and Srinagar in occupied Kashmir was termed by the FO as “equally disconcerting”.

“India’s irresponsible move is the latest in a series of self-serving measures to perpetuate its illegal occupation of Jammu and Kashmir in sheer disregard of the UN Security Council resolutions and in violation of the principles of the UN Charter and international law,” the Foreign Office said. “Pakistan vehemently condemns these moves.”

The statement further asserted that such events could not obscure the “reality” of Jammu and Kashmir being an internationally recognised dispute that had remained on the UNSC’s agenda for more than seven decades.

“Nor could such activities divert international community’s attention from India’s brutal suppression of the people of IIOJK including illegal attempts to change the demographic composition of the occupied territory,” it added.

By electing to host G20 events in occupied Jammu and Kashmir, the FO said, India is once again “exploiting its membership of an important international grouping to advance its self-serving agenda”.

Furthermore, the statement underlined that India, which has a “grandiose vision” about itself and its place in the world, had once more demonstrated that it was “unable to act as a responsible member of the international community”.

The Foreign Office had in June last year cautioned G20 countries against accepting Delhi’s proposal for holding some of the meetings of the bloc’s next year’s summit in India-held Jammu and Kas*h*mir, saying it was India’s attempt to legitimise its illegal control of the disputed region.

The G20 is an intergovernmental forum of the world’s 20 major developed and developing economies, making it the premier forum for international economic cooperation

FM Bilawal to attend Shanghai Cooperation Organisation meeting in India next month: FO

Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari will attend a meeting of the Shanghai Co-operation Organisation (SCO) to be held in India next month, the Foreign Office said on Thursday.

“Bilawal Bhutto Zardari will be leading the Pakistan delegation to the SCO Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) being held on May 4-5 2023, in Goa, India,” FO spokesperson Mumtaz Zahrah Baloch announced in a weekly media briefing today.

​She said the foreign minister would be attending the SCO CFM meeting at the invitation of the current chairman of SCO CFM, Minister for External Affairs of the Republic of India Dr S. Jaishankar.

“​Our participation in the meeting reflects Pakistan’s commitment to the SCO Charter and processes and the importance that Pakistan accords to the region in its foreign policy priorities,” Baloch said.

DAWN

Indo-Pak border forces exchange sweets on Eid
Practice is a confidence-building measure and an attempt to establish peace between the nuclear-armed neighbours

WAGAH:
The border forces of Pakistan and India on Monday exchanged sweets and expressed good wishes for each other on the occasion of Eidul Fitr.

At the Wagah-Attari border, sweets were exchanged between the local commanders of Pakistan Rangers Punjab and Border Security Force (BSF) India.

Similarly, the border forces of the two countries expressed friendship and goodwill with each other at the Ganda Singhwala border in Kasur and other bordering areas.

The citizens who came to watch the parade at the Wagah border during Eid said that our relations with India are strained, but it is a good move for both countries to show goodwill to each other on each other's religious and national and religious festivals.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2413346/indo-pak-border-forces-exchange-sweets-on-eid

Are Pakistan-India relations doomed forever?

A very interesting read

Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1749229/are-pakistan-india-relations-doomed-forever

Pakistan-India ties find themselves in a strange place. The relationship is strained, the leadership is estranged, and the people are aloof. A state of ominous peace prevails, but neither country is pushed to do anything about it.

Enmity does not require permission, but friendship is by mutual consent — something that both India and Pakistan have consistently lacked for the last several decades. The last and longest search for such a consent was conducted during President Musharraf and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s tenures as chronicled by Ambassador Satish Lambah in his memoirs, In Pursuit of Peace: India-Pakistan Relations under Six Prime Ministers (2023). The search remained incomplete, and Prime Minister Narendra Modi has shown little interest in its revival, much less fulfilment.

With Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari scheduled to travel to Goa for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Council of Foreign Ministers’ conclave tomorrow, now’s a good time as any to take stock of the recent history between the two nations and reflect on whether there’s any hope for a rapprochement in the near future.

The past oppresses the present
Traditionally, there have been a host of factors blocking the road to peace between India and Pakistan. First, the shadow of history has darkened the neighbours’ view of each other. Both countries’ objectives and policies collide and their relationship remains marred by lingering tensions, rooted in religion, culture and identity, and by conflicting versions of history. Pakistan has desired normalisation but as an equal, and regards Kashmir as the defining issue for peace and friendship. India, for its part, rejects these assumptions.

Meanwhile, each country has remained an indelible fixture of the other’s domestic politics. Weak governments on both sides have found it politically difficult to normalise relations. A strong government in India felt it could talk but only on its terms, while in Pakistan the civil-military power play prevented the consensus on India.

It is no wonder then that only a strong government in India and a military ruler in Pakistan found it possible to have any meaningful dialogue. But even that did not succeed. Any other talks have been a dialogue to nowhere, often ending before they even began.

Enter Modi
Modi clearly had a plan for relations with Pakistan, and it was unlike anything seen before. It was part of a new paradigm of India’s domestic and foreign policies. His foreign policy fortified the trend that began around 1991 to enhance engagement with great powers, especially the United States, to help raise India’s economic weight, military potential, and diplomatic stature. This served shared interests of both India and the US by advancing India’s hegemony in the region, and by furthering US policies towards Pakistan and China.

There were, no doubt, important domestic stimuli too at work; the Pakistan policy represented the historical RSS view of Muslims, Pakistan and Kashmir that provided the ideological underpinnings of Modi’s mindset. But his support in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) went much beyond his Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) — a Hindu nationalist organisation — base. Marketing-savvy and skilled in the use of digital tools, Modi has tapped into the party’s traditional nationalist ideology, and by bundling it with his populist economic agenda and Pakistan policy, not only broadened his own support base in the BJP, but also that of the party across the country.

Ambassador Lambah had hoped he would continue his back channel role under Prime Minister Modi. After being kept on hold, he was told thanks, but no thanks. Modi’s plan was not to talk but to fix Pakistan — and for that, he did not need Lambah, but Ajit Doval.

The plan was put in operation in a piecemeal manner. It began with a charm offensive, as Modi had come into power with a controversial image internationally — in 2005, Modi who was then chief minister of India’s Gujarat state had his US visa revoked and was denied permission to enter the country — and was not sure how he would be received by the US. So he started with good optics and friendly posturing towards Pakistan, aimed at the international community, India’s liberal intelligentsia, and non-BJP domestic electorate. He wanted to build wider support for his Pakistan policy within India, and sufficient tolerance for it internationally.

Knowing well the power of the modern media, Modi began by inviting Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to his swearing in. The media just ran away with the news, convinced that something new and exciting was happening that would make a good story. In reality, however, the invitation was no more than a public relations exercise. All the Saarc leaders had been invited to what was essentially a ceremonial occasion. Similarly, the air dash to Lahore on Nawaz’s birthday in December 2015 had no substantive outcome, but had a dramatic impact internationally, especially in Washington. All this projected Modi as keen for good relations with Pakistan.

The public relations exercise was, no doubt, also targeted at the debate in Pakistan over relations with India. Modi may have hoped that if Nawaz Sharif could deliver by agreeing to India’s terms of engagement, well and good. If not, at least it would have advanced the case of those who favoured normal relations with India. In this particular event, Nawaz Sharif lost the debate — and his job.

Meanwhile, internationally, Modi had managed to convince many that he had done his best to normalise relations with Pakistan, but the latter did not respond in kind. And Pakistan, with its lack of strategy for India, principally because of the civil-military discord over the definition of relations with India, gave ample opportunities to Modi to paint Pakistan exactly the way it would suit his plan — to seek US backing and domestic support to his hardline policies.

These opportunities came in the way of the alleged actions of militant groups over which Pakistan had either lost control or lacked the political will or capacity, or both, to control them. The terrorist attacks in Pathankot in January 2016 and Uri in September 2016, played right into Modi’s hands.

By avoiding a military response to these attacks, he skilfully showed Pakistan as the spoiler to peace with India. The cancellation of talks with Pakistan and sabotage of the Saarc summit brought the focus on Pakistan’s ‘behaviour’, while earning India praise internationally for its ‘restraint’. The US’ displeasure over Pakistan’s role in the failing Afghanistan war and with its closeness to Beijing, Indian policies were now beating to the same rhythm.

Modi’s real intentions and policies were the exact opposite to his theatrics of inviting Nawaz Sharif and visiting him in Lahore given the fact that he used the flimsiest of excuses, such as the Pakistan High Commissioner to India’s meeting with Kashmiri leaders in August 2014 to call off the planned Foreign Secretaries talks. Meanwhile, the terrorism incidents helped him shut the door on Pakistan completely, which he did not have to do. India and Pakistan could have still talked, but Modi chose not to, for his own purposes.

At home, the terrorist attacks, exploited by Modi through social media and friendly electronic media, triggered an enormous emotional response from the Indian citizenry. His non-military response made India look like a victim. The terrorism issue helped Modi with the military too as it broadened the scope of conflict with Pakistan and enlarged the concept of national security, elevating the military’s national profile. On Pakistan, Modi managed to bring everyone on the same page.

Here comes Jaishankar
Modi, whose own approach to Pakistan was based on raw power, wielded with the help of an increasingly assertive military capability and confident bureaucratic institutions of a rising India, got intellectual underpinning with the arrival of Subrahmanyam Jaishankar as the foreign minister in May 2019. Jaishankar’s strategic acumen, combined with a correct understanding of the emerging geopolitics, has enabled India to maximise opportunities and minimise risks. According to C Raja Mohan, a noted Indian analyst who is close to Jaishankar, “the Modi government has broken out of … [a] defensive and deferential mindset”.

Jaishankar has pursued “India-First” policies, aimed at making no new enemies and losing no old friends, while turning the emerging geopolitics greatly to India’s advantage. He has done this by making use of the great power rivalry without being caught up in it. A rising India is now not only a vital player in US foreign policy, but also an increasingly attractive partner to others, partly due to reality and partly due to an illusion — the reality of the economic and strategic opportunities that India offers, and the illusion of being a “democratic counterweight to China”. Nevertheless, India is going to host a number of high-profile summits, including the upcoming SCO meet and the G20 summit later this year.

While India’s relations with the rest of the world continue to march forward, the ties with Pakistan have gone into “virtual dormancy” since 2019 — when isolating Pakistan had run its course. Modi found from his forward policy in the Pulwama incident that aggression worked as it helped highlight Pakistan as having provoked the Indian response and thus responsible for provoking the risk of conflict. It would put the spotlight on Pakistan as a reckless actor, endangering peace in the region. Modi did not want to do anything more — he did not need to.

It was now time for India to cash in on the achievements of the Pakistan policy. Emboldened by the fact that he had gotten away with all his overreach so far, at home and abroad, was enough for Modi to assume that his August 5, 2019, action in occupied Kashmir would not cause any stir in the international community, both because of India’s rising importance and Pakistan’s diminished standing.

At the same time, Pakistan had been severely constrained by the FATF, a struggling economy, a troubled Afghanistan and strained relations with Washington. A focus on combatting external challenges at the cost of internal order, prolonged neglect of the economy, and an obsession with geopolitics had weakened Pakistan at home and made it less influential abroad. Finally, by revoking Indian-occupied Kashmir’s special autonomy, Modi put the dispute beyond Pakistan’s diplomatic reach.

For India, it was time to move on from trying to isolate Pakistan to ignoring it. By treating Pakistan as irrelevant, India’s calculus was not to focus too much on the region to avoid a situation that might distract from its new found global profile. That was partly the reason for the February 2021 ceasefire agreement in Kashmir.

The ceasefire no doubt helped ease tensions along the LOC and helped the Kashmiris on both sides. At the same time, it enabled India to shift some of its forces to its border with China as well as draw applause abroad. But any hopes of better relations between India and Pakistan emerging from the Kashmir ceasefire were overblown. The agreement had promised no such thing.

Kashmir is now India’s ‘core issue’
India has a foreign policy and it has a Pakistan policy. They do intersect, but largely run parallel to each other. Factors playing on the foreign policy are not always the same as those that impact the ‘Pakistan policy’. Hindutava runs the latter. The corporate sector and business interests are a factor in the foreign policy but not much in the relations with Pakistan, where the normalisation of India’s control of Kashmir is the priority now. In some strange way, Kashmir may have become India’s core issue.

India will not talk with Pakistan unless it stops insisting on pre-conditions related to occupied Kashmir. That is the condition for the talks. Any progress in the talks is also linked to Kashmir. India’s foremost objective from any form of normalisation will be to make Pakistan accept the new power realities and the absorption of Kashmir by India — after a decent interval, if not now. In other words, India will open the door to normalisation by shutting the door to Kashmir. Secondly, India feels it cannot rise under the threat of destabilisation by non-state actors from across the border, and Pakistan would have to address that issue as well if it desires friendly relations.

The fact of the matter is that India feels it is not missing anything from a lack of normalisation, including economic benefits. Pakistan’s real value as an economic partner will not show up until Afghanistan is stabilised and Pakistan becomes a hub for pipelines and trade with Central Asia. Such a prospect is years, if not decades, away.

So for India, there is neither the compulsion nor an incentive to normalise relations with Islamabad in the immediate future. For now, India is quite comfortable with what Mohan has termed as “minimalism in its relations with Pakistan”. Courting an economic disaster, the compulsion may now be Pakistan’s to normalise relations with India, or to have some form of economic cooperation to say the least.

What may change on Pakistan’s side?
In recent years, while India may have thought it did not gain anything from normalisation, Pakistan felt it did not lose anything from the lack of it. But Pakistan may now be having second thoughts. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has called for dialogue thrice within his nine months in office.

Strategic parity alone does not resolve critical nation and state building challenges. It is just one element of national strength, whose totality consists of security, economic progress and political stability.

Look at Pakistan’s internal security challenges: Baloch insurgents are getting more active and the threat from the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), emboldened by the return of the Afghan Taliban to power, has become even more grave. In 2022, terrorism-related deaths in Pakistan rose by 120 per cent to more than 600 in over 100 attacks sponsored and led by the TTP and some separatist groups — a number slightly higher than that in Afghanistan. Peace with India may undercut the suspected external support of these groups.

Pakistan could start with the offer to open up economic relations with India, at least in some select areas. That may not be of much help to Pakistan’s economy as it has structural issues but will at least not require Pakistan to impose any pre-conditions regarding occupied Kashmir. It will, however, give Islamabad some leverage. “Regional trade builds peace constituencies,” wrote former foreign secretary Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry in this publication. That may now be the only way to help the Kashmiris as any armed leverage of Pakistan over Kashmir has long become a thing of the past and is no longer an option, if it ever was.

A group of former Indian envoys to Pakistan, at a recent event held in Delhi to discuss Lambah’s book, has advised India to at least take small steps such as the posting of High Commissioners, relaxation of visa regime to help people-to-people contact, and resumption of trade talks. Speaking at the event, Shiv Shankar Menon, former High Commissioner to Pakistan and National Security Adviser (2010-2014) gave an important advice to India: “Ultimately, it will be harder to prosper and grow if the neighbourhood is in chaos.”

Unfortunately, no movement in the current stalemate, whether in economic relations or any other area, seems possible for at least the foreseeable future. As another former High Commissioner of India to Pakistan, TCA Raghavan, said at the event, “while India-Pakistan talks are needed, it is clear that there is little appetite [for it] in India”.

The upcoming elections in Pakistan in 2023 and in India in 2024 will keep the relations in the current holding pattern. A hardline approach towards Pakistan has helped Modi’s electoral politics in the past. He may, therefore, like to keep the relations at the current neutral level, where gears can be changed easily and tensions can be ratcheted up if and when needed.

Pakistan, meanwhile, has to remain on its guard while keeping the hopes alive of a much-needed improvement in relations after the Indian elections. The interim period should be an opportunity to set the house in order, without which neither India-Pakistan relations nor Pakistan itself will get anywhere.

Former foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said that while trade between Pakistan and India makes “economic sense”, it cannot be viewed in isolation.

Qureshi made the remarks in an interview with Times of India published on Thursday. The PTI leader’s remarks come as his successor, Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, is in Goa to attend a meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Council of Foreign Ministers — the first visit to India by a Pakistani foreign minister in over a decade.

In the interview, Qureshi touched upon several aspects of Pak-India ties.

Asked about reports suggesting he was not keen on resuming trade with India, Qureshi said, “You see, the point is, I do see the benefits of trade between the two countries. It makes a lot of economic sense but it can’t be seen in isolation.

“It has to go in tandem with other things … but only trade [is] not enough. That’s all I’m saying. Trade can help improve relations, but trade in itself will not be enough.”

Commenting on Bilawal’s visit to Goa, the PTI leader made it clear that his party was not opposing the exercise and understood that this was a “multilateral obligation”.

“As a former foreign minister, who has been to such conclaves, this is an important visit. And by all means [he] should go ahead.”

At the same time, he said that it “might be useful” if there was a meeting on the sidelines to examine Pak-India ties.

“Our diplomatic relations were downgraded after the Pulwama incident and the Balakot misadventure,” he said, referring to when the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) had shot down two Indian planes that had violated Pakistani airspace in 2019.

“We have no trade and cultural ties at the moment and are looking for neutral venues for cricket matches. My party and I desire peace with India,” the ex-foreign minister said.

“How can we have good neighbourly relations and peace unless we have a dialogue? We need to recognise that we do have outstanding issues. We can’t wish them away. We have to address them,” he said, adding that the most civilised way of doing so was through dialogue.

“Doctrines like hot pursuit are mutually suicidal. In my view, we do not have a military solution to our issues, but they have to be resolved politically. They have to be resolved through dialogue.”

Qureshi went on to say that Bilawal had a “real opportunity” to raise issues that were relevant. “I hope he’s not shy of raising human rights issue, of raising the treatment minorities are getting, particularly Muslims. I hope he is not shy of raising the issue of water, which is becoming increasingly challenging between the two countries.”

He went on to say that while the SCO was a multilateral forum where bilateral issues cannot be raised, “what I’m saying is that on the sidelines … he should not miss that opportunity.”

At one point in the interview, when the interviewer alleged that the suicide bomber involved in the Pulwama attack in 2019 came from Pakistan, Qureshi noted that “Pakistan bashing” was very popular in India.

“That’s your point of view. There is a different point of view and that point of view is that it was a self-created, orchestrated incident for political reasons,” he said.

“I think India has to come out of this groove that we will not sit until and unless Pakistan gives up terrorism. Pakistan has fought terrorism, Pakistan is in the process of defeating extremism and terrorism. As I said, we have suffered. So let’s not pick that as an excuse and let things simmer.”

Qureshi was also asked about whether there were any backchannel talks during his stint as foreign minister.

“I don’t think there was a formal backchannel. But yes, as it happens, intelligence chiefs stay in touch.”

Held Kashmir

Asked whether there was an opportunity for Pakistan and India to discuss their issues as well as held Kashmir on the sidelines of the SCO meeting, Qureshi said, “Some steps taken by the BJP government on August 5, 2019 were unilateral and many Kashmiris within India are not happy with the situation.”

On August 5, 2019, India had revoked the special status of occupied Kashmir and stripped Kashmiris of the semi-autonomy they had for seven decades through a rushed presidential order.

“I know there are no quick fixes. I do understand it’s not going to be easy, but there can be some movement. The region needs peace and stability.”

Qureshi said that the abrogation of Article 370 was an “internationally recognised dispute” that cannot be brushed aside as India’s internal matter.

“Let’s call a spade a spade and recognise that there is an issue. By calling it an internal issue, I don’t think you’ll be able to resolve the issue.”

Modi ‘wants’ normal ties with Pakistan

NEW DELHI: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, ahead of his visit to Japan for the G7 summit in Hiroshima on Friday, noted that his country wants “normal and neighbourly relations” with Pakistan.

However, he reiterated India’s oft-repeated position on the issue, saying the “onus is on Islamabad to create a conducive environment free from terrorism and hostilities”.

Pakistan has rejected the Indian stance and earlier this month told India, “Let’s not get caught up in weaponising terrorism for diplomatic point-scoring”.

Mr Modi, while speaking to Japanese publication Nikkei Asia, also mentioned the India-China standoff in eastern Ladakh, saying “Peace and tranquility in the border areas are essential for normal bilateral ties with China”.

Stating that India is committed to protect its sovereignty and dignity, he added that “the future development of India-China relationship can only be based on mutual respect, mutual sensitivity and mutual interests”.

He noted that “normalising” the ties would benefit the wider region and the world.

Speaking on India’s economy, the prime minister noted that it has been one of the world’s fastest-growing economies and stressed that the country has moved from being the 10th-largest economy in 2014 to now being the fifth-largest globally.

He added that his government’s aim was to transform India into a developed nation within the next 25 years.

On the Russia-Ukraine conflict, Mr Modi told the publication that India’s position on the Ukraine conflict “is clear and unwavering”.

“India stands on the side of peace and will remain firmly there. We are committed to supporting those who face challenges in meeting their basic needs, especially in the face of rising costs of food, fuel, and fertilisers. We maintain communication with both Russia and Ukraine,” he said.

“Cooperation and collaboration should define our times, not conflict,” he stressed.

DAWN

Modi ‘wants’ normal ties with Pakistan

NEW DELHI: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, ahead of his visit to Japan for the G7 summit in Hiroshima on Friday, noted that his country wants “normal and neighbourly relations” with Pakistan.

However, he reiterated India’s oft-repeated position on the issue, saying the “onus is on Islamabad to create a conducive environment free from terrorism and hostilities”.

Pakistan has rejected the Indian stance and earlier this month told India, “Let’s not get caught up in weaponising terrorism for diplomatic point-scoring”.

Mr Modi, while speaking to Japanese publication Nikkei Asia, also mentioned the India-China standoff in eastern Ladakh, saying “Peace and tranquility in the border areas are essential for normal bilateral ties with China”.

Stating that India is committed to protect its sovereignty and dignity, he added that “the future development of India-China relationship can only be based on mutual respect, mutual sensitivity and mutual interests”.

He noted that “normalising” the ties would benefit the wider region and the world.

Speaking on India’s economy, the prime minister noted that it has been one of the world’s fastest-growing economies and stressed that the country has moved from being the 10th-largest economy in 2014 to now being the fifth-largest globally.

He added that his government’s aim was to transform India into a developed nation within the next 25 years.

On the Russia-Ukraine conflict, Mr Modi told the publication that India’s position on the Ukraine conflict “is clear and unwavering”.

“India stands on the side of peace and will remain firmly there. We are committed to supporting those who face challenges in meeting their basic needs, especially in the face of rising costs of food, fuel, and fertilisers. We maintain communication with both Russia and Ukraine,” he said.

“Cooperation and collaboration should define our times, not conflict,” he stressed.

DAWN

Lmao, supporting terrorists and calling for an environment free of terrorism. Classic India.

Pakistan releases 198 Indian fishermen
The freed fishermen boarded a train destined for Lahore, from where they will make their final journey to India

The Pakistani authorities on Thursday released 198 Indian fishermen from the Malir Jail who had been detained in Pakistan’s territorial waters in the Arabian Sea.

The freed fishermen boarded a train destined for Lahore, from where they will make their final journey to India.

Pakistan decided to release the Indian fishermen as a gesture of goodwill. According to the authorities at the Malir Jail, the initial group of released Indian fishermen comprised 200 individuals. Unfortunately, two of them succumbed to illness during their detention and the remaining 198 were released.

The remaining batches of detained Indian fishermen are scheduled for release in June and July.

As impoverished fishermen of both Pakistan and India often transgress into the other country’s territories, the maritime security forces of both countries frequently apprehend them.

The Edhi Foundation organised the train travel for the Indian fishermen, ensuring their safe passage to Lahore. Upon their arrival in Lahore, the fishermen would be transferred to the Federal Investigation Agency, which would oversee their transportation to the Wagah border

The News PK

BJP’s ‘Akhand Bharat’ narrative angers Islamabad

• FO regrets installation of provocative mural at Delhi’s new parliament building
• Concerned by move to seek death penalty for Yasin Malik

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has expressed grave concern over the idea of Akhand Bharat (Greater India), which is being increasingly peddled by the ruling Indian dispensation.

Speaking at a weekly press briefing here on Thursday, Foreign Office spokesperson Mumtaz Zahra Baloch regretted the installation of a mural at the new parliament building in New Delhi.

The mural depicts so-called ‘ancient India’, including areas that now constitute parts of Pakistan and other countries.

“We are appalled by the statements made by some BJP politicians, including a union minister, linking the mural with ‘Akhand Bharat’, she said.

The FO spokesperson said the gratuitous assertion of Akhand Bharat was a manifestation of a revisionist and expansionist mindset that seeks to subjugate the identity and culture of not only India’s neighbouring countries but also its own religious minorities.

“It is a matter of grave concern that the idea of Akhand Bharat is being increasingly peddled by individuals belonging to the ruling dispensation in India. The Indian politicians are well advised not to indulge in rhetoric against other countries merely to further their divisive and parochial political agenda,” Ms Baloch said, adding that instead of nurturing hegemonic and expansionist ambitions, India should resolve disputes with its neighbours and work with them to build a peaceful and prosperous South Asia.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1757424/bjps-akhand-bharat-narrative-angers-islamabad

Pakistan releases 198 Indian fishermen
The freed fishermen boarded a train destined for Lahore, from where they will make their final journey to India

The Pakistani authorities on Thursday released 198 Indian fishermen from the Malir Jail who had been detained in Pakistan’s territorial waters in the Arabian Sea.

The freed fishermen boarded a train destined for Lahore, from where they will make their final journey to India.

Pakistan decided to release the Indian fishermen as a gesture of goodwill. According to the authorities at the Malir Jail, the initial group of released Indian fishermen comprised 200 individuals. Unfortunately, two of them succumbed to illness during their detention and the remaining 198 were released.

The remaining batches of detained Indian fishermen are scheduled for release in June and July.

As impoverished fishermen of both Pakistan and India often transgress into the other country’s territories, the maritime security forces of both countries frequently apprehend them.

The Edhi Foundation organised the train travel for the Indian fishermen, ensuring their safe passage to Lahore. Upon their arrival in Lahore, the fishermen would be transferred to the Federal Investigation Agency, which would oversee their transportation to the Wagah border

The News PK

Thanks, Pakistan!

In view of (the) unavailability of some essential medicines in Pakistan, common people and hospitals can apply for a NOC to directly import medicines from India.

Cash-strapped Pakistan’s drugs regulatory watchdog has said that hospitals and common citizens can import vital medicines, including anti-cancer drugs and vaccines, from India for their use, a media report said on Friday.

The Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) said on Thursday that there was no restriction on hospitals or the common man on importing vital medicines (anti-cancer drugs and vaccines) from India for their own use under the Import Policy Order 2022 after obtaining no objection certificate (NOC) from the authority, The News International newspaper reported. The statement of the DRAP officials came during a session of the Senate Standing Committee on Health when Senator Professor Mehr Taj Roghani raised the issue of the unavailability of several essential medicines in the country amidst a financial crisis.

“In view of (the) unavailability of some essential medicines in Pakistan, common people and hospitals can apply for a NOC to directly import medicines from India. Currently, there is no ban on (the) import of any drug from India under the Import Policy Order 2022,” DRAP officials told the forum.

During the session, Senator Roghani said that doctors from Sindh and other provinces had sent her a long list of medicines, including Heparin and other drugs used to treat neurological and psychiatric illnesses, vaccines and other biological products
products unavailable in Pakistan.

DRAP officials responded that the authority had launched a countrywide survey of unavailable medicines and asked their field force countrywide to report all the essential medicines not available at the healthcare facilities.

In its written response to the Senate Standing Committee on Health, the drugs regulatory watchdog said it was working on publishing the list of unavailable medicines with contact details on its official website, which would be periodically updated
based on real-time market surveillance.

“A committee has been constituted by the DRAP, which has been assigned the task of monitoring shortages of drugs in the market. The above committee is dealing with the issue on a consistent and regular basis. Similarly, through an online application for NOC to DRAP, people and hospitals can import medicines from any country, including India, for personal use,” the written response said.

The clarification by the DRAP came amidst a chill in Indo-Pak bilateral ties.

India's move to revoke the special status of Jammu and Kashmir in 2019 outraged Pakistan, which downgraded diplomatic ties and expelled the Indian High Commissioner in Islamabad.

Pakistan also snapped all air and land links with India and suspended trade and railway services.

Responding to the DRAP, Senator Humayun Mohmand said, “We must praise DRAP for its efforts to ensure (the) availability of medicines in the country,” and added that during the Covid-19 pandemic, the drug regulatory watchdog took minutes and hours to allow essential medicines and vaccines for critically sick patients.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link:

As a symbol of goodwill and harmony, Pakistani and Indian forces on Saturday exchanged sweets at the Wagah Border on the occasion of Pakistan's 76th Independence Day.

The goodwill gesture was made by officials from the Punjab Rangers and India's Border Security Force (BSF).
It is a tradition for Indian and Pakistani soldiers to exchange sweets on days of national importance for the two countries and on the occasion of major festivals every year.

The practice is a confidence-building measure and an attempt to establish peace between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

Despite lingering tensions, border forces from both Pakistan and India continue to partake in this amicable tradition during religious and national festivals.

Sources said sweetness spread beyond the Wagah Border, with similar exchanges taking place at various other border posts.

Moreover, it was revealed that similar exchanges of sweets will take place on the border on August 15 in celebration of India's Independence Day.

As a symbol of goodwill and harmony, Pakistani and Indian forces on Saturday exchanged sweets at the Wagah Border on the occasion of Pakistan's 76th Independence Day.

The goodwill gesture was made by officials from the Punjab Rangers and India's Border Security Force (BSF).
It is a tradition for Indian and Pakistani soldiers to exchange sweets on days of national importance for the two countries and on the occasion of major festivals every year.

The practice is a confidence-building measure and an attempt to establish peace between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

Despite lingering tensions, border forces from both Pakistan and India continue to partake in this amicable tradition during religious and national festivals.

Sources said sweetness spread beyond the Wagah Border, with similar exchanges taking place at various other border posts.

Moreover, it was revealed that similar exchanges of sweets will take place on the border on August 15 in celebration of India's Independence Day.

Pakistan was seen as an enemy but now Pakistan is being seen as a potential ally.

At some point in future, India would have to take a call on its rising Muslim population. In order to avoid the demographic changes and the resulting impact on national politics, the Muslim allies of India would have to be ready to take in as many muslims as possible of course in a systematic and organised manner.

Pakistan being the largest among such countries and after having not fulfilled the promise of taking all Muslims from India along with it would have to be at the forefront.

The 56 Muslim countries of the world owe it India to secure and safeguard its Hinduism. If they do not, then they would be antagonising India at their own risk.

Pakistan, India trade verbal slugfest at UN
UN envoy rejects Delhi’s claim that IIOJK its integral part
UNITED NATIONS:
Pakistani and Indian delegates have engaged in a verbal duel at the UN, after Caretaker Prime Minister Anwaarul Haq Kakar drew the world community's attention to the unresolved Kashmir dispute and to India's grave human rights abuses in the occupied territory.

Indian delegate Petal Gahlot reacted to the prime minister's reference to the deteriorating situation in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) during the general debate at the 78th session of the UN General Assembly, claiming that the disputed Himalayan state is an integral part of India.

"Pakistan has no locus standi to comment on our domestic matters," she asserted. Ms Gahlot also accused Pakistan of involvement in terrorism and urged Islamabad to concern itself with the "deplorable" conditions of minorities and women in the country.

Pakistan’s delegate Saima Saleem hit back. She rejected India's claim that IIOJK was its integral part, saying, "It never was, it never will be."

Mickey Arthur was asked a question if Pakistan participation in a tournament hosted by India will ease the tensions between the two countries in the future? This was his reply:

"Look, I can't talk about how the governments interact or politically. What I can talk about is the respect that the players have for each other from both teams, because I've seen the respect that we've had.

We've had a wonderful reception so far in India. I'm pretty sure we'll get that around our games as well. I think there's a bit of a mystique. The Indian public loves cricket. They don't get to see the likes of Babar Azam, Shaheen, Afridi, Mohammed Rizwan, Fakhar Zaman, Shadab Khan, they don't get to see them often. So, I think that's going to be part of the attraction. Whatever happens outside, that's above my pay grade, I'm not qualified to talk about that."

Given the abundance of empty seats, would’ve been no harm in inviting Pakistan Government to the India/Pakistan contest.

Given the abundance of empty seats, would’ve been no harm in inviting Pakistan Government to the India/Pakistan contest.
They should have given visas to cricket fans of Pakistan. That could have helped more to boost the colors of this world cup.

Pakistan cannot progress without ‘good relations’ with neighbours: Nawaz Sharif

LAHORE: Former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supremo Nawaz Sharif, who returned to Pakistan today (Saturday) after spending four years in self-imposed exile, the country cannot progress without ‘good relations’ with neighbours, ARY News reported.

The PML-N supremo made these remarks while addressing a ‘historic’ homecoming rally at the Minar-e-Pakistan in Lahore. In order to celebrate the return of their leader, the PML-N has orchestrated a massive rally at Minar-e-Pakistan ground.

Party members from across the country have congregated at the site, bringing with them contingents of enthusiastic supporters from their respective constituencies. The Minar-e-Pakistan ground has been adorned with dazzling electric lighting.

Alarm in border areas after ‘heavy Indian firing’

ISLAMABAD: Indian forces opened fire on Pakistani posts along the Working Boundary near Sialkot, military sources said on Thursday.

While there was no official word from Inter-Services Public Relations — the military’s media wing — or local law enforcement, reports shared by locals on social media suggested that heavy and artillery fire was heard at several points along the border with India in the Zafarwal sector.

According to military sources, the firing began after a drone attempted to intrude into Pakistani territory, which was shot down by Pakistani forces.

But Indian forces — ostensibly in a bid to cover up the failed attempt at an incursion — opened indiscriminate fire on Pakistani posts along the Working Boundary.

Sources said that Pakistani forces gave a “befitting response” to the Indian aggression.

Several Pakistani users on X (formerly Twitter) posted videos containing sounds of heavy gun and artillery fire, in the dead of night, but these could not be independently verified.

DAWN

Here is the unfortunate truth- India has nothing to gain from dealing with a rogue, poor, Garrison State, that commits terror upon its own citizens and abroad. Until Pakistan fundamentally changes the way it governs, including factors such as its attitudes towards Kashmir and cross-border terrorism, whether historic or contemporary, nothing will change. India will continue to develop at a rapid pace with or without Pakistan whilst Pakistan will continue to be a nation in turmoil.

Ultimately, the Pakistani military establishment will keep Pakistan from developing cordial ties with India, as well as keeping Pakistan away from developing to anywhere near its full potential.

Back