ICC CT 2017 | Final : India vs Pakistan | 18th June, 2017 | The Oval | Pakistan Innings

India saved atleast 12 in the last three overs. Could be the difference

Game is done for Indians here. They are good chaser, but in finals this score is beyond there reach. Pakistan has to play extremely pathetic to lose from here.

Pakistan finish on 338-4. Would've liked a score closer to 350 but we've given ourselves a decent chase.

India are good chasers, the pitch is still flat with a fast outfield so we need to bowl out of our skins.

terrible last 3 overs i m ever clear now imad should be out of the team. i dnt know what the heck managment sees in him. if we have here some like aamer yamin he would have done much better.

I am sorry absolutely Sarfraz bottled here and send Imad before himself which was a mistake.

Bumrah, Ashwin and Jadeja had shockers.

Decent finish by Pakistan but should have gotten 10-15 more runes.

75-25 in Pakistan's favor, early wickets of Rohit and Kohli are the key.

Decent? The highest run chase ever at Oval has been 322. This is the highest score in this year's Champions Trophy. This is an amazing score looking at the batting team we have

Imad wasim played a pretty poor innings in the end 25 off 21 should've been least 35runs. Proper hack who seems to think every ball will br in his zone.! Missed out on 350! Sarfaraz should've come in

imad's selection is beyond everyone, he cannot hit on the dead flat pitch cannot bowl as well

dunno why he keeps getting selection after selection

Game is done for Indians here. They are good chaser, but in finals this score is beyond there reach. Pakistan has to play extremely pathetic to lose from here.

I am sorry Pakistan bottled here completely this was at least 350 here Imad just played the most horrible knock here.

Did you say extremely pathetic and Pakistan I the same sentence? Those are synonymous terms. Pakistan even in great situations can somehow botch it.

Well bowl BK - kept IND in the match at least. 350+ would have been game over. Even if I take the BD match IND would have needed 85 in last 10, therefore 350 was almost impossible. May be now a blasting hundred from top 3 will keep this final alive till last ball.

I thought, it was a good toss to lose for Sarfy, who would have inserted IND for sure.

True reminds me of last day of Ind vs Aus test in 2014-2015, not gonna happen.

imad's selection is beyond everyone, he cannot hit on the dead flat pitch cannot bowl as well

Well bowl BK - kept IND in the match at least. 350+ would have been game over. Even if I take the BD match IND would have needed 85 in last 10, therefore 350 was almost impossible. May be now a blasting hundred from top 3 will keep this final alive till last ball.

I thought, it was a good toss to lose for Sarfy, who would have inserted IND for sure.

Sloppy performance by India. Those 25 extras are going to make a difference.

Ii can only think he is a good talker and has the ear of coach and captain otherwise a very average bowler and a terrible batsman, no idea why he is being selected. He should only be restricted to T20's

bloody joke, how we missed 2 runs at the end there, pathetic from hafeez after the ball went ouncer missed, just run like hell, and last ball just like hell for the 2nd, who cares if you are run out last ball or 2 ????
also imad and hafeez ****** me off by not going for big smash last couple overs forget dibbles and dabbles!

I expect unless we get 3 of their top order out realitively cheaply india will win this and probably without much issue!

Stayed away from PP for Pakistan's innings and glad I did.

Disgusting comments about Imad et all.

338 is a superb score.

unnecessary sweep attempted in last three overs when the ball is not in that zone to hit that shot cost them a 10-20 runs in the end... was thinking 345 -350 was there to take... but 338 should be enough for the bowlers to defend it if bowled well...

Why Imad came before Sarfarz ... Good for India though ��

I think, finishing wasn't a problem - 91 in last 10 overs in a Final is excellent. It was those few overs by Babar & Malik actually cost PAK big time here. Imagine same 338/4 with 12 more balls to go!!!!

Imad wasted 10 balls just trying to do his scoop. I think Sarfraz or Amir would have done better. It would have been 350 score easily. This is very close to India 319 in 47 overs in the first game but Wahab is not playing for India :)

Last edited:
Ii can only think he is a good talker and has the ear of coach and captain otherwise a very average bowler and a terrible batsman, no idea why he is being selected. He should only be restricted to T20's

The only reason i can think of is that he undercuts the ball and roughs it up for fast bowlers to reverse.

India has to play very poorly to lose this,should be a good 2nd inning

this will really test sarfraz captaincy come on sarfraz

i think rumman should have been included, out of options now

should have dropped imad

bloody joke, how we missed 2 runs at the end there, pathetic from hafeez after the ball went ouncer missed, just run like hell, and last ball just like hell for the 2nd, who cares if you are run out last ball or 2 ????
also imad and hafeez ****** me off by not going for big smash last couple overs forget dibbles and dabbles!

I expect unless we get 3 of their top order out realitively cheaply india will win this and probably without much issue!

4 words.

Hasan Ali.

Mohammad Aamir.

Now sit down and enjoy the finish.

Well played to our batting! I think bowlers will also respect what india can do and come hard at this. Need wickets up front to push the required rate to 8 as quick as we can.

We should be happy that we didn't get bowled out for under 200 as many so called experts said we would.

Back