ICC CT 2017, Group B | Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 12th June, 2017 | Cardiff | Sri Lanka innings

Is average second innings score 249 on this ground? SL well on way to 300 here. Need some quick wickets here.

Bring Amir on the other end but persist with Imad too. I feel both can create a good combo.

Thisara perera needs to channel all the experience he has gained in the IPL, to give a final blow in the death overs today

Pakistan has not picked a spinner who spins the ball, they both are mirror version of each other, not very smart move. Shadab is always better option than Immad, specially against Asian side 🙄🙄

Has Amir married this ridiculous length? Whats his obsession with this short of good length rubbish? Very disappointing performance.

That's very illogical,just because the batting isn't good you don't want your team to progress,down the years no one will remember who was in form or how was the batting,but only the trophy or whether PCT made it to KOs.

It is for the greater good. If we progress, no one would say anything regarding Hafeez's performance so far, or Amir's. It is only when we'll lose that their would be outrage. Don't get me wrong, if these players CAN prove me wrong by performing, I'd be as happy as anyone else. But I know they're perennial disappointments.

Pitch seems to have eased out. But you guys can chase like Bangla boys did after being 30/4 on this same ground

Amir's lack of pace has really hurt him. He also needs to work on making his action more side on. Should work with Waqar after the Champions Trophy.

Well fielded and quick throw as well. Even though he didnt stop the 2, it was nicely done

Mathews is a legend. Unbelievable how underrated he is.

Yaar now I'm starting to think India vs England final :/ what the heck is Pakistan doing here, dropping Shadab, not getting Harris in for hafeez, why doesn't management have brains?

It is for the greater good. If we progress, no one would say anything regarding Hafeez's performance so far, or Amir's. It is only when we'll lose that their would be outrage. Don't get me wrong, if these players CAN prove me wrong by performing, I'd be as happy as anyone else. But I know they're perennial disappointments.

You're delusional if you think we can get rid of Hafeez. Amir, maybe. But Hafeez is such a disease, deep infiltrated in our system that even 10 ducks in a row will not stop him from coming back into into the team. His spot in the next World Cup Is guaranteed and a given. We'll be lucky to get rid off him after that.

The greater good is overrated esp when all that matters is the current trophy ICC main event.
In your logic many would had been like can't wait for PCT to lose in 1992 if it means these oldies get out.
It's all about winning and whatever it takes(legally).

How? Asela, De Silva and Perera all are pretty capable of batting.

Yeah but their record isn't all that, De Silva is decent and Perera is a well known hitter. Just saying views based on the idea of momentum, when one wickets falls then we'll smell blood.

Azhar Ali should have been dropped for this game.

Dreadful opener to have in the modern game

Angelo Matthews batting like an Angel and dickwella batting like... not gonna say it

Need wickets now asap otherwise if these 2 are still there by the 40th over then the game is gone, no chance, sharjeel is off duty

Shame on Micky Authur for dropping Shadab Khan.

South Africa are chokers, that's why Imad worked otherwise he is rubbish.

dont see sarfraz dont any mistake and yet pakistan is still not picking wickets

already said its not captaincy its bowling

Not picking Shadab is a big mistake.

Really Unfair

This is not a ground for leggi, only 65 metres straight boundary. I think, this is the famous ground where Shane was man handled by Cairns & Twose (?) in 1999 WC.

Anglo seems to be i good touch, distorting bowlers averages in this match.

Pakistan should hope he doesnt bat till 40th over.

Game slipping away, anything over 250 will be as good as a win for SL (tbh I'm not even confident of us chasing 200 given that our batting lineup is yet to score that many runs in CT so far) because its highly unlikely that Pakistani batsmen will replicate BD, Eng or SL performance in chasing a decent target underpressure in such a high-voltage knockout game with everything at stake.

Someone like Junaid has outperformed Amir in this tournament. That explains how poor Amir has been.

30 overs double up is around 320, but I think, for 3 wickets, SRL will struggle to reach there. Per is probably 330 here. From 12/3 & 33/4 in 10, we chased 266 with 3 overs at hand. Once set, this is the best batting ground in this tournament.

Back