ICC CT 2017, Group B | Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 12th June, 2017 | Cardiff | Sri Lanka innings

Game slipping away, anything over 250 will be as good as a win for SL (tbh I'm not even confident of us chasing 200 given that our batting lineup is yet to score that many runs in CT so far) because its highly unlikely that Pakistani batsmen will replicate BD, Eng or SL performance in chasing a decent target underpressure in such a high-voltage knockout game with everything at stake.

Lol true

Junaid has been brilliant today. 2 maidens and his second 1 run over. A wicket to go with that too.

This is not a ground for leggi, only 65 metres straight boundary. I think, this is the famous ground where Shane was man handled by Cairns & Twose (?) in 1999 WC.

Rather him than Imad, who is basically fulfilling the same role that Hafeez/Malik can easily fulfill with the ball.

amir i already said should have been replaced by rumman

PCB must be responsible for consequences

Amir has been rubbish with his defensive line and length. =

30 overs double up is around 320, but I think, for 3 wickets, SRL will struggle to reach there. Per is probably 330 here. From 12/3 & 33/4 in 10, we chased 266 with 3 overs at hand. Once set, this is the best batting ground in this tournament.

There is something in the pitch for fast bowlers.

Someone like Junaid has outperformed Amir in this tournament. That explains how poor Amir has been.

To be honest I am still to see a batsman in his 70's beaten three times in a row by any bowler in this tournument yet

Junaid has bowled a v good over. Amir should capitalize and knock DW over...

Errrr... When was the last time Amir got a wicket?

Frankly, I would rather have these two on the pitch instead of Guranartne. He is their best batsman these days, in the form of his life and will demolish Pakistan if he settles in.

Frankly, I would rather have these two on the pitch instead of Guranartne. He is their best batsman these days, in the form of his life and will demolish Pakistan if he settles in.

True. With the short straight boundary anything can happen

You're delusional if you think we can get rid of Hafeez. Amir, maybe. But Hafeez is such a disease, deep infiltrated in our system that even 10 ducks in a row will not stop him from coming back into into the team. His spot in the next World Cup Is guaranteed and a given. We'll be lucky to get rid off him after that.

I know. I know. Hafeez is a leech. At least SOMEONE in the management might see enough sense not to bat him at 4, while wasting Sarfraz, who's arguably our best bat during the middle overs. But at least there's a CHANCE of it happening if we're dumped out, with Hafeez's contribution being a major factor in it. Again, if he starts contributing with the bat the way he's supposed to, I'd be fine with him.

This is not a ground for leggi, only 65 metres straight boundary. I think, this is the famous ground where Shane was man handled by Cairns & Twose (?) in 1999 WC.

People keep mentioning that but Warne bowled better than dibbly dobbly medium pace leggie Chris Harris that match. I think Australia batted very poorly against Alllott and Larsen and 213 was simply not enough to defend I think.

haha you should always look to take wickets bro.
hassan ali can take care of him

Agreed. But having him come in the 30th over us providing him with the comfort to settle in. He has the ability to play a Buttler-esque knock. Meanwhile, Amir finally takes a wicket..

It's not an illusion, Amir has finally taken a wicket.

Ahahaha he delivers after everyone wrote him off. imagine how many wickets he would get of pakistan dropped him for a season 😉😉

Rather him than Imad, who is basically fulfilling the same role that Hafeez/Malik can easily fulfill with the ball.

PAK is fairly in control here - at even 9/over in last 19 doesn't take the score to 325. Now, PAK can chase it or not, that I can't say, but I'll take anything around 310-320 against SRL here gleefully. Their spin based attack is a sitting duck at Cardiff. On a similar ground at Taunton, IND scored almost 400 against SRL in 1999 WC.

Massive wicket, Mathews was looking set.

Need to pull SL back here so 300 is out of their reach.

I know. I know. Hafeez is a leech. At least SOMEONE in the management might see enough sense not to bat him at 4, while wasting Sarfraz, who's arguably our best bat during the middle overs. But at least there's a CHANCE of it happening if we're dumped out, with Hafeez's contribution being a major factor in it. Again, if he starts contributing with the bat the way he's supposed to, I'd be fine with him.

There is a point in your argument but I personally think Pakistan winning tops everything and anything. Plus, I'm just hoping he has a terrible game with the bat and gets a duck.

Bet you would have played it much better owing to your years of international cricket experience?

yess mathews did filth as well....by the way the so called best pakistani bowlers has got his first wicket in 25th over of the tournment...

Expecting Babar to chop on to his stumps later today aswell. Seems like that kind of a pitch and he's prone to it

Pathetic bowling from amir. Full and wide. Not attacking the stumps.

Back