Imam-ul-Haq (132*) stars for Pakistan as they reach 245/1 at Stumps on Day 1 of the 1st Test

You happy with Aussie selection,
A spinner short??

I have not seen Green bowl. But if he's a genuine pace AR who can touch 140kph than they should've played another spinner. Preferably Swepson in place of Starc.

Imam playing spinners well tougher tests will come on bouncier wickets openers.

Imam is solid player in test and ODi .don't know why people are criticized him .

Both openers looking to score which is good.

Why this crying about pitches lol? Wait until Aus bats here. Its Pakistan and its not easy to beat us here

Why this crying about pitches lol? Wait until Aus bats here. Its Pakistan and its not easy to beat us here

Yeah already looking forward to our bowling. Hopefully Shaheen can outbowl Starc in this series.

100-0 in the first session against full Australian side

Playing well, takes a little knock and Imam now will want a long break

Terrible terrible shot I called it he has this stupidity of always trying to bring up his fifty with a big shot

Really poor shot from Abdullah, opportunity wasted to score big.

All the hard work upfront and then this :facepalm: once pakistani, always pakistani.

You can’t give a wicket to Lyon you have to hurt him psychologically because he’s their only spinner and he was already under immense pressure not getting any respect and than you do this pathetic

You happy with Aussie selection,
A spinner short??

Absolutely a spinner short.

Green is there to be a genuine seamer.

I'd have been playing Swepson since Test 5 of the Ashes + this match.

You can’t give a wicket to Lyon you have to hurt him psychologically because he’s their only spinner and he was already under immense pressure not getting any respect and than you do this pathetic

He even got away with the dumb shot the balls before and couldn't re-concentrate himself. Massive mental weakness coming into the break.

105/1 at Lunch, still a very dominant session.

If there is one thing Abdullah Shafiq needs to work on, it's the sweep shot. Younis Khan destroyed Lyon many times with the sweep and even Azhar Ali utilized the shot as a release shot.

He got bogged down by Lyon which lead to a rush of blood.

Was thinking the same.

Lyon is their main spinner. Need to bring him under pressure from 1st test.

Abdullah Shafque needs to work a lot on his game against spin. That was awful, just before lunch as well.

The wicket is flat as a pancake.. So much for Pakistan fans gloating over providing sporting wickets lol.

Lost a needless wicket just before lunch. Nonetheless a good score and start for sure. I am looking for us to score at least 400 in the first innings if Babar can get going. Looks so good for a major team to be playing in Pak after so long. Aussie showed guts unlike to coward Englishmen and New Zealanders who ran away like cowards. They must be feeling so embarrassed now seeing how safe it is to play in Pak. From now onward i will be supporting Aussies whenever they play the English and New Zealand.

Good 1st session apart from shafiques dismissal. Iman needs to keep being positive and no snail batting from Azhar.

Unlike past Pakistan have plenty batting options with Saud, Kamran Ghulam, Shan Masood waiting their opportunities, but very few bowling options in pace department. Abbas is done with now, Naseem, Dhani and Wasim too raw to be played as second pacers. It seems Pak will depend on the spinners to play major part to win this series. Hopinh for quick recovery for Hasan Ali and even Faheem will be useful to help out.

Just bat and bat and bat. Bake them in sun over next 2 -2.5 days

Can't complain with 105/1 despite Shafique's moment of madness before lunch. Press on.

Azhar off the mark, need to keep scoring at 2.5+ runs an over

Crowd is getting much larger now to see Pakistan on top atleast for now against no 1 side in the world.

Need to rotate strike here, this is one thing that annoys me when Azhar is batting.

Nightwatchmen getting a short ball barrage here.

The reflexes are gone. The ability to score boundaries is gone. Can't rotate strike anymore. I don't know why Azhar Ali is in the team? The guy only had 2-3 years where he was good and that's about it. For the rest of the 9-10 years, he's been an utter liability. Sometimes I feel, the selectors want him to get to 100 tests so they keep selecting him.

13 runs in last 10 overs, every time pakistan starts well Azhar then sucks life out of inns and allows opposition bowlers to settle in control mode.

These stupid horns are effing annoying Broadcasters need to mute them out it sounds like a laari adda pathetic that’s all I hear

Typically Azhar slowing the game down. RR drops to 2.68

will we ever get out of the UAE 2.5 run rate phase?

Azar destroying everything we need to score slightly quickly ...bad weather is on its way plus to get 20 wickets will be hard..

Two of the world's worst players batting at one of the world's most flat pitch and scoring below 2 an over... I wish we had Shan and Saud right now... Milking runs should be much easier on this phatta if you have more proper strokes like Saud, Shan and Babar have... Azhar is ducking like he is playing in Gabba... No run scoring shot these two have unless bowler himself provides one opportunity

Just woke up score looks decent enough, happy for Abdullah shafique u till I saw how he got out maybe a bit reckless, azhar Ali needs to go slowed things right down had a chance to get on top of these bowlers put them under pressure, its still even couple of wickets will change things

I have a view that Mohammed Hafeez could have been a better option here than either Azhar Ali or Iftikhar.

Hafeez is a decent spinner too and scores runs quickly.

Typically Azhar slowing the game down. RR drops to 2.68

will we ever get out of the UAE 2.5 run rate phase?

imam too has scored 7 runs in the last 43 balls he has faced. He is the set one.

now he smashes a six.

Much-needed break of pressure from Imam, need to continue the counter-attack. Don't let world-class bowlers get into their rhythm.

Much needed runs, imam needs to get a 100 here.

Azhar needs 279 runs in 16 innings. Around 36 per test. Not too easy.

Hopefully Imam will get his ton today, in sha Allah

Imam showing good intent there vs Lyon.

Finally Cameron Green into the attack.

Back