India [234/3] beat Australia [230] by 7 wickets in the third ODI to win the ODI series 2-1

If Dhoni cannot bat freely against this attack (in this kind of match actually - Australia without key players and chasing this kind of total) then wonder what he can do in World Cup matches!

Dhoni looked nervous while starting the innings at 100 SR, now looking settled at the crease at 50.Beware Aussies

If Dhoni cannot bat freely against this attack (in this kind of match actually - Australia without key players and chasing this kind of total) then wonder what he can do in World Cup matches!
Dhoni is way too slow. It only increases the pressure on other batsmen. India will be eaten alive on flat beds of Eng.

Dhoni is way too slow. It only increases the pressure on other batsmen. India will be eaten alive on flat beds of Eng.

That's what I said talking about bigger matches (World Cup where teams will be prepared and this time there are no easy matches against minnows/associates)

More dots being played by Dhoni....a maiden actually.

Thats what Dhoni did in Eng so well, playing out dots after dots, thereby increasing the pressure on others, only for them to throw away their wickets in bid for quick runs.

Thankfully target is small here something which won't be the case in Eng.

Thats why Dhoni is like a cancer for Indian team.

Occasionally hits some boundaries to impart some respectability to his strike rate but his dot ball percentage remains high, which is unacceptable in this age.

India is cruising this.

Dhoni gets to bow out on his own terms :)

Occasionally hits some boundaries to impart some respectability to his strike rate but his dot ball percentage remains high, which is unacceptable in this age.
You're not winning the WC with or without Dhoni.

Too many teams who are better equipped and can knock you out in the KOs.

Dhoni has played 55 balls out of the 80 ball partnership. Clearly shows he has a problem with strike rotation.

You're not winning the WC with or without Dhoni.

Too many teams who are better equipped and can knock you out in the KOs.
Thank you for your kind words but not needed by anyone.

Who even said about winning this WC, lol? When did I ever say Dhoni alone is the problem?

Aus would have coasted this game if they held their catches.

They're missing Warner, Smith, Starc, Pattinson, Cummins and Hazlewood.... but who knows who would sit out with Jhye and Billy going well.

Aus would have coasted this game if they held their catches.

They're missing Warner, Smith, Starc, Pattinson, Cummins and Hazlewood.... but who knows who would sit out with Jhye and Billy going well.

Pattinson hasn't played an ODI in over 3 years.

Rotation, running between the wickets form basis of Kohli's batting. He was denied that by good bowling, bad batting by Dhoni. Now the middle order has to deliver.

Great point this,

Siddhesh Naik: "The fact that Dhoni came to crease almost 10 overs later than VK yet he has played almost same number of balls, shows how much strike he has hogged. VK looks in great Nick but not getting enough strike."

Pattinson hasn't played an ODI in over 3 years.
Damn, did not realize it had been that long.

I don't know what they're full strength XI is, I thought Pattinson would be in there ahead of Siddle if he was available.

Last edited:
Ravi Jadeja's figures on this pitch is getting atrocious by every passing over now.

I see since the game has got tight, trolls have started to throng this thread.

The greatest ODI batsman after SRT should not be allowed to give half chances.
Some people have bitterness oozing out of them every time they say something. However that makes our position in world cricket even better.

Kohli faced just 26 balls in 13.4 overs after Dhoni came to the crease
Thats what I've been alluding to. He has only hogged strike, resulting in Kohli's dismissal.

I repeat, Dhoni is cancer for Indian cricket.

Asking rate has gone past 6.2, while grandpa is coolly striking it at 60-odd.

Thats what I've been alluding to. He has only hogged strike, resulting in Kohli's dismissal.

And Kohli knows it. Don't understand why he isn't asking Dhoni to leave.

The other batsmen need to bat really well to hide Dhonis slowness... then Dhoni will hit a six in the end, win the game and get more articles written about him...

The other batsmen need to bat really well to hide Dhonis slowness... then Dhoni will hit a six in the end, win the game and get more articles written about him...
Don't think we'll win this game. Jadhav is playing a competitive game after quite a while and is looking rusty.

Dhoni gets all the blame but the excuses come out for Kohli.

Indian fans are fickle and have easily forgotten how much Dhoni has done for India. If it weren't for him India, wouldn't be in the position they are today and it would be unlikely they have a WC. They became a great team under his captaincy.

Asking rate has gone past 6.2, while grandpa is coolly striking it at 60-odd.
That grandpa is out there trying to finish off the game. Where is King Kohli at?

You Indian fans are fickle.

Indian fans are fickle and have easily forgotten how much Dhoni has done for India. If it weren't for him India, wouldn't be in the position they are today and it would be unlikely they have a WC. They became a great team under his captaincy.

Typical "desi" mentality. This is the reason why seniors keep lingering even after going over the hill.

The best team needs to be selected and what a player did 5 years ago matters zilch.

Typical "desi" mentality. This is the reason why seniors keep lingering even after going over the hill.

The best team needs to be selected and what a player did 5 years ago matters zilch.
Is Dhoni not scoring runs? He won you the last game and is the only player keeping you in this game.

That grandpa is out there trying to finish off the game. Where is King Kohli at?

Please check Dhoni's record in the last 33 odd games and then call fans fickle. The guy is finished and kils of chases and ruins momentum more than anybody else.

And you're a bitter man, so forget it. I know you hate anything Indian with a passion, so why masquerade as a neutral?

Please check Dhoni's record in the last 33 odd games and then call fans fickle. The guy is finished and kils of chases and ruins momentum more than anybody else.
He's earned the right to retire when he likes.

He's still capable of winning India games as shown in the last match.

Indian fans,

If this doesn't give you his real agenda, what else will?

Dhoni is just 3 runs away from third consecutive 50.. he has to stay till the end somehow...

No he has not. Dhoni was a consistently good match winner maybe until 5-6 years ago. Anyway I think youre just trolling for the heck of it. :p

Anyone having even an iota of knowledge about Indian cricket will know that Dhoni is surplus to India's requirements ever since last WC.

In august company of Dhoni, Jadhav is looking as clueless as he ever did.

No he has not. Dhoni was a consistently good match winner maybe until 5-6 years ago. Anyway I think youre just trolling for the heck of it. :p
Nah, I have a lot of respect for Dhoni and what he has accomplished. If we had a player of his caliber playing for us and had lead us to WC, I would be fine with carrying him till 45. He would have earned the right to call time when he likes.

Last edited:
Should try to keep the RRR under 10 and launch in the last 5.

Dhoni should bat the innings, the others should look to do the hitting.

RRR 6.54, you would think it's approaching 15 the way some are going on about Dhoni's innings.

Despite his 'heroics', never been convinced by Jadhav especially when he is trying to play a role which Yuvraj probably used to play for us in his glory years. Of course those are big boots to fill, still....

Need 30 off the next 6 overs.

I think they can do 40 in the last 5 with wickets in hand.

You don't follow all the Indian matches like Indian fans do. Hence,you only point of random matches where Dhoni scores. He hasn't done much in last couple of years to justify his spot in the XI. Indian top 3 and bowling have carried him most of the times.

Do let me know when was the last time he was the standout performer in any match India won?

RRR 6.54, you would think it's approaching 15 the way some are going on about Dhoni's innings.

You will not understand as you support a team with no cricketing legacy - no world cups to show, no big moments. Fans of elite teams want the absolute best. Nothing less. And Dhoni isn't the absolute best "for us" at this point.

You will not understand as you support a team with no cricketing legacy - no world cups to show, no big moments. Fans of elite teams want the absolute best. Nothing less. And Dhoni isn't the absolute best "for us" at this point.
This! Well said.

India will win.
Seemed hard when there were about 118 runs in 20 overs with the way they are going but they have accelerated now.
If there is no sudden collapse or anything i'll bank on india to win this easily.

You don't follow all the Indian matches like Indian fans do. Hence,you only point of random matches where Dhoni scores. He hasn't done much in last couple of years to justify his spot in the XI. Indian top 3 and bowling have carried him most of the times.

Do let me know when was the last time he was the standout performer in any match India won?
Can't remember against who think it may have been SL/Aus when India had a comically low score and Dhoni got them to some respectability. I remember commenting in the match thread for it. Think India still lost but he was great in that match.

Can't remember against who think it may have been SL/Aus when India had a comically low score and Dhoni got them to some respectability. I remember commenting in the match thread for it. Think India still lost but he was great in that match.

This is the reason. It is too less frequent to remember. That was 2 years ago

Back