India [649/9d] beat West Indies [181 & 196] by an innings and 272 runs in the first Test

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
India: 1 KL Rahul, 2 Prithvi Shaw, 3 Cheteshwar Pujara, 4 Virat Kohli (capt.), 5 Ajinkya Rahane, 6 Rishabh Pant (wk), 7 R Ashwin, 8 Ravindra Jadeja, 9 Umesh Yadav, 10 Mohammed Shami, 11 Kuldeep Yadav

West Indies (possible): 1 Kraigg Brathwaite, 2 Kieran Powell, 3 Shai Hope, 4 Sunil Ambris, 5 Shimron Hetmeyer, 6 Roston Chase, 7 Shane Dowrich (wk), 8 Jason Holder (capt), 9 Keemo Paul, 10 Devendra Bishoo, 11 Shannon Gabriel

Last edited by a moderator:
Prithvi Shaw will score a debutant century today (if IND bat first)!!

MARK MY WORDS!!

Interested to see how west Indies do, don't really know what to expect. Excited to see Gabriel bowl.

West Indies have a good group of players, and they've been improving slowly. I just hope they are competitive.

Good selection from Windies. Probably the best they can do atm. They need to hunt their domestic and see if they can find a genuine spinner. Guyana or Trinidad would be the places to look.

Attack should have been Yadav and siraj. Don't know what siraj has to do to get into this lineup.

Teams have worked out KL Rahul very well. All they do is bowl stump to stump and target his pads.. Hope he shows up well in the 2nd Innings atleast...

Kohli, Pujara, Rahane.. please score now.. Minnow is here and home bullies can finally make their mark.

KL Rahul lbw b Gabriel 0 ( 4b 0X4 0X6) SR: 0.00

India 27/1 after winning toss

Prithvi Shaw is not batting like a debutant..what confidence and his back foot punches are looking good

Wow, spin in the 9th over. Handled decently by Shaw. Nice start from Bishoo though..

A new ground rules if you dont want to see posts deleted or you banned

Don't mess with player names and dont get personal with each other, use report abuse button if any issue

An 18 year old scoring 32 (32) in debut test. Wow. As NS Sidhu would say, exuberance of youth!

Can this Pujara get OUT so we can see Kohli and Shaw together on the pitch?

Hope Shaw doesnt score a century today. Last time a debutant scored a century against WI, turned out to be a bad investment for us.

Batsmen taking small water bottles out of their pocket and drinking when they need. New to me.

All well and good on this ****** pitch against a minnow.

A good bowling attack though. Gabriel and Bishoo are fine bowlers, destroyed Pakistan in UAE and won a Test. Sherman Lewis is an exciting pacer too.

WI lack bowlers who can be effective here , India likely to go for an innings win here

A good bowling attack though. Gabriel and Bishoo are fine bowlers, destroyed Pakistan in UAE and won a Test. Sherman Lewis is an exciting pacer too.

Not saying Shaw is a crap player the kid is very young and a great start for him, hope he becomes a gun.

On this pitch he is going to thrash Anderson, Broad anyone. But the good thing is unlike a typical debutant he backs himself. Can't help think about Sehwag who made a quick century under pressure in SA against very good bowling attack.

Shaw the 18 year old kid looks fantastic, I feel we have unearthed a gem here. Hope he gets a daddy 100 and seals a spot for Australia tour.

P.shaw scored 4 and 150 at rajkot on his debut in Ranji trophy at rajkot.he was given out on 99 but was NO BALL.

HE need 25 more to reach magic 100 on debut

Youngest opener to score 50 on debut
===============================
17 y-302d - Hanif Mohd.vs India
18y-105d-j.Stollmeyer vs Eng
18y-290d-T.Iqbal vs NZ
18y-294d-I Farhat vs NZ
18y-329d- p.Shaw vs WI.

Debut 50 for India
Yuvraj of patiala ( anyone know his name?)
Abbas Ali Baig
Gavaskar
Parthsarthi Sharma
Vihari
Shaw

???

Last edited:
Shaw and Kohli both in batting line-up. That’s so scary!

India would white wash Pakistan if there was a Test series in any ground in the world. Yes! Including Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi

Youngest opener to score 50 on debut
===============================
17 y-302d - Hanif Mohd.vs India
18y-105d-j.Stollmeyer vs Eng
18y-290d-T.Iqbal vs NZ
18y-294d-I Farhat vs NZ
18y-329d- p.Shaw vs WI.

Debut 50 for India
Yuvraj of patiala ( anyone know his name?)
Abbas Ali Baig
Gavaskar
Parthsarthi Sharma
Vihari
Shaw

???

Yuvraj of Patiala=Yadvindra Singh

This guy doesn’t look like a debutant. He has more skillz than 100 match veterans. Imagine how much he improves over times

Indian batting bench is so talented and full of swag, yet we get these useless TTFs in our ODI/T20 middle order.

Let’s see his work with the 90s. Is he calm or nervous?

Pujara always scores freely with an ATG on the other end. :kohli

Pujara scoring freely today.

ATG confirmed.

Comeon youngman. Convert this into a big 100, you will not get better opportunities to score a daddy hundred.

Back