India v Australia | 1st Test - Day 2| Bangalore | 9/10/08

Again dismissed by a slower ball....

Its almost like watching T20 here... never expected to happen this in TEST cricket, and certainly not with AUS batsmen....

Hopefully we will see some Fireworks from white here!

Ishant bowling his heart out, kid's made a lot of his fellow Indians proud well done son!!!!!

Damn white gone aswell! Ishant has his 2nd quick wicket!

India fighting back!

126.5 Sharma to White, OUT, slow death again, loopy slow delivery, same one as to Haddin, White goes for the drive, and loops it to Harbhajan at extra cover. Harbhajan takes a good low catch; the ball was dipping low on him
CL White c Harbhajan Singh b Sharma 6 (13b 1x4 0x6) SR: 46.15

Oooopsy

362/7

Aussies will be dissapointed if they dont get 400 here!

Good comeback this. India would want to end this in the next 50 runs or so whilst the Aussies will be looking at 450. These last 3 wickets and the runs they can muster could be the difference in this game.

127.5 Harbhajan Singh to Lee, no run, big shout, not given. Flighted outside off, spun in sharply, hit Lee just in front of off. Harbhajan unlucky with that one. Hawkeye thinks it would hit the leg stump, but it looked plumber than that in normal replay

The bias against AUS (as a neutral observer of this sereis) in cricinfo commentary is becoming very evident now....

Romali_rotti said:
Ishant bowling his heart out, kid's made a lot of his fellow Indians proud well done son!!!!!
Yup he's shown a lot of heart to keep bounding in and be threatening. Kumble needs to be careful though; he doesn't want to bowl the 20 year old into the ground at the very start of a long test series.

128.3 Sharma to Hussey, no run, another slower delivery, foxed Hussey this time, but it pitched just outside leg stump, so there is no shout this time

Afridi_Fan said:
127.5 Harbhajan Singh to Lee, no run, big shout, not given. Flighted outside off, spun in sharply, hit Lee just in front of off. Harbhajan unlucky with that one. Hawkeye thinks it would hit the leg stump, but it looked plumber than that in normal replay
More like clipping legstump imo...

Attachments

• 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 38
back to Harbhajan's appeal in the last over. It was pretty close to inside edge too, when it hit Lee's front pad

lollol said:
The bias against AUS (as a neutral observer of this sereis) in cricinfo commentary is becoming very evident now....

Yeah I had never really noticed much bias in their commentary before this match but clearly obvious in this match.

lollol said:

Well geez atleast let us have some bias in commentary , Aussies get the umpiring decisions on a regular unbias basis :)) ..

Eagerly looking forward to how Rudi will umpire when India comes to bat especially the LBW's.. I reckon I will be more focused on Rudi than India batting...... Should he screw us like expected to there will be a flood of posts going up in the umpiring threads so buckle up everyonee.....

Last edited:
Romali_rotti said:
Eagerly looking forward to how Rudi will umpire when India comes to bat espcially the LBW's.. I reckon I will be more focused on Rudi than India batting.,....

This post sums it up perfectly :D

This score is enough guys. Aus should be happy with this one for starters...Its Aus bowling which will decide this series. If it comes good then 300+ is a huge score.

Afridi_Fan said:
WHite is a pretty handy striker as much I have seen him he can hit some big blows.Especially against the spinners.

I already knew that Ishant would get him out. ;-) , No disrespect for White, It was his first test match and I thought that pressure would get the best of him.

This boy is becoming better and better! Look at the accuracy!

He is going to take many wkts for India im sure.

btw, never expected AUS batsmen to fall for slower balls in test cricket...

Attachments

• 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 28
Watson and white - two all rounders.

One batsman and one bowler would have been better..No?

Caved12 said:
I already knew that Ishant would get him out. ;-) , No disrespect for White, It was his first test match and I thought that pressure would get the best of him.

It is all well and good to have 2 all rounders who make the team look great on paper but they could both fail with the bat (done) and the ball in this Test.

lollol said:
This boy is becoming better and better! Look at the accuracy!

He is going to take many wkts for India im sure.

btw, never expected AUS batsmen to fall for slower balls in test cricket...

I don't think any of the Aussies have seen his slower ball before.

Everyone agrees we r seeing this disappointment on Kumble's face more and more...?

Attachments

• 09.JPG
    09.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 25
inzidabest said:
Watson and white - two all rounders.

One batsman and one bowler would have been better..No?

Watson is technically in the side as a batsman, White as a bowler.

Watson is replacing Symonds, White is replacing whichever random spinner we picked the game before.

Harby 1/103
Kumble 0/105

Glad Chawla and Ohja are not playing :D

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
Still Lee and MJ and Clark to get out as well. This is the deepest Aus batting line up I have ever seen on paper.

But 350+ is acceptable. Any Indian match always revolves around how they bat anyway.

Agree. 450+ is still very possible unless my man Ishant comes back with another magical spell. :)

lollol said:
Everyone agrees we r seeing this disappointment on Kumble's face more and more...?
That is because Ganguly has announcedx retirement. All these oldies will be under pressure if they dont perform...ek chala gaya..to baakiyon ko signal mil gaya na :mush

Random Aussie said:
Damn it every stream I find is down :(

400 nearly there, axcellent. Keep going boys...
Thats weird, from the time i watched streams (months ago) i remember matches involving India being pretty good covered :) Always better quality etc :)

I am glad lee is spending some time in the middle, i don't see him spending much time in the field later in the match.

400 up in the 139th over.

I can't remember the last time the Aussies took this long to get 400. A position of strength, no doubt, but an unusual route taken.

Sheikh said:
400 up in the 139th over.

I can't remember the last time the Aussies took this long to get 400. A position of strength, no doubt, but an unusual route taken.

Its good in India..Infact quick scoring in India aint good

I would just bring Ishant on now, just let him bowl out he has been the best bowler for India so far..

inzidabest said:
Its good in India..Infact quick scoring in India aint good
Yes it is mate. The reason why we won that last test in 05 (the last time we won a test match in India) is because we scored quickly. Remember Younis getting a move on and ultimately sacrificing himself on 267 in the pursuit of runs? And the hunt for quick runs in our second innings?

The pitches in India are so flat that you need time to bowl the opposition out. The best way to do that is to get big runs in the first innings and get it quickly. That's what the Aussies have been doing for the best part of a decade. Not here though...

Random Aussie said:
:pissed: :pissed:

Hope all the umpiring goes against you then
I found one anyway...:D

Dont have to 'hope' mate you/I both know it will happen.. Oh yeah when it happens remember it is 'just' human error :)..

Look at Kumble's body language,a Captain should never look frustrated or down.

Sheikh said:
Yes it is mate. The reason why we won that last test in 05 (the last time we won a test match in India) is because we scored quickly. Remember Younis getting a move on and ultimately sacrificing himself on 267 in the pursuit of runs? And the hunt for quick runs in our second innings?

The pitches in India are so flat that you need time to bowl the opposition out. The best way to do that is to get big runs in the first innings and get it quickly. That's what the Aussies have been doing for the best part of a decade. Not here though...
My point is.

When you score quickly, you lose wickets and also leave a good batting track for the opposition which gives them time to reduce the lead you have created.
Instead bat easy and as much as possible in the first innings and leave terrible pitch conditions for the opposition.

Caved12 said:
Look at Kumble's body language,a Captain should never look frustrated or down.
I think he may just break down and start crying on the field some time this series.

Has that ever happened? Has a cricketer broken down on the field before?

Sheikh said:
I think he may just break down and start crying on the field some time this series.

Michael Holding

Dude harbhajan broke down when Sreesanth slapped him. Kumble cried when Anwar hit 194.

Sheikh said:

Don't really know brother, but we might witness such act today.lol

Back