India v Australia | 1st Test - Day 2| Bangalore | 9/10/08

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
India v Australia | 1st Test - Day 2| Bangalore | 10/10/08

New thread for a new day

Aus 4/254 Hussey 46*, Watson yet to face a ball

India have a new ball only a couple of overs old

Please try and the sooking keep about umpiring to the thread the umpires :younis

Play starts in about 45 minutes

Last edited:
Bugger, the timezone really screws me here. I have to go to bed soon and by the time I wake up it's stumps!

We need Huss to make a big score here. I'm not expecting much from Shame Watson or Cam White - maybe 30 runs of cowlashing, and another 30 or so from Haddin. Huss needs to score big and be there most of the day.

Anyone have a radio internet link?

OZGOD said:
Anyone have a radio internet link?

Damn Oz G you seem desperate now. I feel the same way at times when Eagles are playing being here in Oz...

Romali_rotti said:
Damn Oz G you seem desperate now. I feel the same way at times when Eagles are playing being here in Oz...

I picked your frigging Eagles against San Francisco in our office pool this week, they better not let me down. They were very poor against the Redskins and the Bears!

OZGOD said:
I picked your frigging Eagles against San Francisco in our office pool this week, they better not let me down. They were very poor against the Redskins and the Bears!

I am hoping for an Eagle loss here, hoping we have a terrible season now that Westbrook is out with broken ribbs.. Hoping for a very high draft pick :D...Oh yeah me along with a lot of other Eagle fans are starting a boycott of all Eagle products such as; shirts,caps,hats every Eagle merchandise as a protest against the Eagles management for not bringing in star players to get us that superbowl victory.....

Flat pancake track, but still i wake up 6am in the morning to see this :D

Gooooo india, get some wickets and make this game more interesting!!

Sharme removed Watson, as everyone expected! GOGO

Any RADIO (not video) link? I'm going to bed soon but would like to listen to commentary while I'm sleeping.

Caved12 said:
How good is Cameron white? Can somebody fill me in on this?

He is a legit top 6 batsman at domestic level, bats 4 for Victoria, averages 42 or thereabouts.

Not sure if he is ready for Test cricket but certainly is a player who could perform at the level expected for a top 6 batsman.

Massive power hitter but has a very good cricket brain (has been captain of Victoria for a few years now), unfortunately can't really bowl. :D

Caved12 said:
How good is Cameron white? Can somebody fill me in on this?

He's a bit of a cowlasher IMO, but RA and Nescafe reckon he's alright. I still have my doubts.

TruSachFan said:
Even bigger than pontings score? :p

Ponting's score not so surprising. He generally achieves what he sets out to achieve and he is a gun batsman.

Random Aussie said:
Well Watson failed? What a massive surprise to all Australian cricket watchers.

Shame Watson has the mental strength of a goldfish. Whatever happened to occupying the crease and providing Hussey with some support? Hussey needs to be there and he needs partners.

Hussey scoring pretty quickly this morning, dangerous player cos he can bat time or score fast depending on the bowling and situation.

OZGOD said:
Shame Watson has the mental strength of a goldfish. Whatever happened to occupying the crease and providing Hussey with some support? Hussey needs to be there and he needs partners.
Yeah Watson has never struck me as test class. Always thought of him as a limited overs player. The 20/20 bash is the ideal platform for him.

This Hussey chap on the other hand...

Random Aussie said:
Hussey scoring pretty quickly this morning, dangerous player cos he can bat time or score fast depending on the bowling and situation.
Indeed, one of the reasons i only slept ~2 hrs is to watch mr Cricket!

Random Aussie said:
He is a legit top 6 batsman at domestic level, bats 4 for Victoria, averages 42 or thereabouts.

Not sure if he is ready for Test cricket but certainly is a player who could perform at the level expected for a top 6 batsman.

Massive power hitter but has a very good cricket brain (has been captain of Victoria for a few years now), unfortunately can't really bowl. :D

Thanks Random Aussie. I was just checking his stats on cricinfo, Cameron has 24 fifties and 13 centuries in first class (92 matches-153 innings). Not bad. Let's see if he could save you guys a day.

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
Ponting's score not so surprising. He generally achieves what he sets out to achieve and he is a gun batsman.
Yeah he fits that little cliche of ''form is temporary, class is permanent.''

Back to the game and I would think that the Aussies want a minimum of 400 here. India would be looking to dismiss them at about the 350 mark if all goes ideally. It really could go either way and the direction that it does go will set up the rest of the match.

I love test match cricket.

Damn amazing...

Attachments

• 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 35
The wicket is pathetic. Perfect for Ganguly who could feel assured that nothing is going to rise up his chin.

Earlier I finished watching "The man in Iron mask" and looking at Ishant Sharma's hair, I realize that Ishant could have been a good fit in one of those roles. :p

bones20 said:
The wicket is pathetic. Perfect for Ganguly who could feel assured that nothing is going to rise up his chin.

LOL bones is doing his best to polish what looks to be a small turd at the moment, but it could have the potential to grow...

"This is the most experienced side in terms of the number of Test matches played. Ever"

Attachments

• 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 30
Caved12 said:
Earlier I finished watching "The man in Iron mask" and looking at Ishant Sharma's hair, I realize that Ishant could have been a good fit in one of those roles. :p

Ishant looks like he has his hair done at Toni & Guy.

bones20 said:
Indians are looking pretty demoralized.

Yeah they would have been flying after Watson went, then all of a sudden have conceded 35 runs in 8 overs. Zaheer getting belted while Ishant's hair is keeping it tight at the other end.

300 is the first target - that will not be enough but it is a decent score.

OZGOD said:
LOL bones is doing his best to polish what looks to be a small turd at the moment, but it could have the potential to grow...
naah, May be brett lee can bounce something in the first few overs. With Ganguly batting at 5 nothing will be on his chin unless Blee slips in a beamer.

OZGOD said:
He's a bit of a cowlasher IMO, but RA and Nescafe reckon he's alright. I still have my doubts.

Thanks, It is always interesting to see the new talent perform, especially if the guy is from Australia. We are usually like, damn, who is Australia bringing this time? is he the next big thing? you guys scare us all the time. :)

Random Aussie said:
Yeah they would have been flying after Watson went, then all of a sudden have conceded 35 runs in 8 overs. Zaheer getting belted while Ishant's hair is keeping it tight at the other end.

Do u reckon 300 is a "decent" target, on this pitch, also considering ur bowling? Im not saying AUS bowling isnt good enough, but if u look at the experience of the bowlers (on Indian conditions), the spin department (very important on this type of wkt), and the experience of the Indian batsmen.... i dont think 300 is a decent score at all

Random Aussie said:

Australia needs a lead of atleast 100 runs in the first innings. I give them another 200-250 in the second innings. they can then win the game. I think India can put up 350 max in the first innings. so Australia should be good with 450 I guess.

OZGOD, You are not far from King City, On. Any plans of coming here in next four days to see the 20/20 cup?

lollol said:
Do u reckon 300 is a "decent" target, on this pitch, also considering ur bowling? Im not saying AUS bowling isnt good enough, but if u look at the experience of the bowlers (on Indian conditions), the spin department (very important on this type of wkt), and the experience of the Indian batsmen.... i dont think 300 is a decent score at all

No 300 is not a decent target on this pitch and we need more.

I meant more that 300 is a competitive score so that is the first target.

We would obviously prefer 600 :D

AUS is a clutch team, it will not collapse in clutch situations on most occasions.

If Kumble goes wicketless in the first innings, he should declare immediate retirement.

103.3 Kumble to Hussey, 1 run, slower and loopier, Hussey waits for it, opens the face towards point, and runs. Two is the call, because Ganguly is the fielder, but they are wise enough to not risk the old man's arm

:))) Old Man's arm :)))

Spin from both ends now, Harbhajan replaces Ishant. One slip and one silly point

Caved12 said:
Thanks, It is always interesting to see the new talent perform, especially if the guy is from Australia. We are usually like, damn, who is Australia bringing this time? is he the next big thing? you guys scare us all the time. :)

Put it this way - White is a poor man's Andrew Symonds, both in batting and bowling. Of course, I haven't seen any domestic cricket in the past 3 years, so I defer to RA and Nescafe. But I reckon he's a bit of a hack.

104.4 Harbhajan Singh to Haddin, 1 run, hit straight to Ganguly at mid-off, and they pinch a single again. This was close, but Haddin would have in, even if he had hit

They are really taking on the The Old Man

Afridi_Fan said:
103.3 Kumble to Hussey, 1 run, slower and loopier, Hussey waits for it, opens the face towards point, and runs. Two is the call, because Ganguly is the fielder, but they are wise enough to not risk the old man's arm

:))) Old Man's arm :)))

Harbhajan Singh to Haddin, 1 run, hit straight to Ganguly at mid-off, and they pinch a single again. This was close, but Haddin would have in, even if he had hit

Dada is being deliberately targetted in the field

Afridi_Fan said:
104.4 Harbhajan Singh to Haddin, 1 run, hit straight to Ganguly at mid-off, and they pinch a single again. This was close, but Haddin would have in, even if he had hit

They are really taking on the The Old Man

Wonder why they put him on this high traffic position. I think Ganguly would be good in slips or in the deep.

Caved12 said:
OZGOD, You are not far from King City, On. Any plans of coming here in next four days to see the 20/20 cup?

Would love to, but can't make it I'm afraid mate. Too much work. :(

OZGOD said:
Put it this way - White is a poor man's Andrew Symonds, both in batting and bowling. Of course, I haven't seen any domestic cricket in the past 3 years, so I defer to RA and Nescafe. But I reckon he's a bit of a hack.

Has improved his batting considerably. Bowling not improved at all, probably worse.

I actually would think that White would have better stats than Symo in both batting and bowling at FC level. I might be wrong though...

Back