India (307 & 192/5) defeat England (353 & 145) by 5 wickets to claim an unassailable lead of 3-1 in the 5-match Test series

If one more wicket falls, wouldn't be a bad idea to send Akash Deep to slog a few as he is capable to clear the boundaries comfortably. It'd put the pressure back on England. Nothing to lose even if the gamble doesn't pay out.

Such a poor move to send Jadeja ahead of Sarfaraz. It had to fail and it did.

We deserve to lose this test just on the basis of being over defensive when everything was going our way and for selecting Patidar again.

Instead of treating Jadeja's batting as a bonus, they decided to make a top order batsman out of him. Similar to Pathan...

Gill gotta play some strokes. This tuk tuk will not take him anywhere.

The only way to lose this match was to go into the shell. India did exactly that after Jaiswal dismissal.

That 46 runs lead is looking so important now.

Jadeja batted really poorly. To be fair to Dravid & co, he was sent up the order to perhaps up the tempo of innings but he did exactly opposite of that.

Or may be I'm giving Dravid too much credit.

What on earth?! 😂

India was 80/1 when I checked in about an hour ago with Rohit getting to his 50.

I thought yeah they have this in the bag.

This is interesting now. Though India should still win from here.

Its been more than 25 overs since we hit a boundary. Really from everyone. And we are playing at home!

What a cowardly approach .we deserve to lose.
Gill and jadeja played a lot of over but score was going nowhere .
Need to play some shot so England also feel some pressure .this tuk tuk game Only lead to wickets

After lunch,dravid would have advised some serious tuktuk to jadeja

What a cowardly approach .we deserve to lose.
Gill and jadeja played a lot of over but score was going nowhere .
Need to play some shot so England also feel some pressure .this tuk tuk game Only lead to wickets
Relax dude, y’all still have the game. 50 odd should be nothing with 5 in hand.

Finally a boundary, came after 31 overs of tuk tuk!

No way we should be playing 5 bowlers, play extra batter as batting is our weaker part of the game. Our batting is non existent even on home wickets.

Most of the wickets fell as I was asleep

So as a gift to Stokes I am going back to sleep for a bit.

Hopefully I wake up after a powernap and England win.

Imagine what would have happened had England gave us a target of 225-odd instead of less than 200!

We'd have lost by now, so fragile is our batting.

Imagine what would have happened had England gave us a target of 225-odd instead of less than 200!

They are afraid of losing like world cup final so go in shell instead of attacking cricket to release the pressure।

Tbf this is a very inexperienced batting lineup - we would not have lost the first test or made an almost muck of this one if Kohli was in the lineup.

They are afraid of losing like world cup final so go in shell instead of attacking cricket to release the pressure।
Mentally this team is on par with perhaps our '90s team who were also not that great mentally. However, they were at least great at home which this team is not.

You guys are so wrong about this.

Gill is playing fine.

There are no marks for hitting aggressive 4s and 6s and trying to finish the game quickly.

No one will care if he hit a single 4 or not as long as he takes India home.

But getting out, trying to hit a 4 or 6, would be the most dreaded thing ever and he would be castigated forever.

Tbf this is a very inexperienced batting lineup - we would not have lost the first test or made an almost muck of this one if Kohli was in the lineup.
Kohli has played most of the tests we played during last decade or so. However, just once had we won chasing 150+ in 4th innings during this period and that was at Gabba when Kohli was not there!

Kohli has played most of the tests we played during last decade or so. However, just once had we won chasing 150+ in 4th innings during this period and that was at Gabba when Kohli was not there!
Fair point. But India have been super dominating at home during this period, so my guess is that very rarely we would have had to chase more than 150 at home?

Real battling effort from Jurel and Gill. Under 30 to get now. Hang in there boys. What a valuable partnership.

Fair point. But India have been super dominating at home during this period, so my guess is that very rarely we would have had to chase more than 150 at home?
I agree. Not many times did we have to chase 150+ at home.

Sarfaraz must be cautious in the last test. After a great debut test, he was way below par in this test.

Gill slams a 6 off Bashir, less than 20 to win now.

Back to back six by gill and bring his fifty . He has better average in 2nd innings than 1st

Two sixes in the over. Just 8 runs needed now. England were 50 runs short

Has win the toss and win the test theory been put to bed yet?

@Ahmed216 as I said for India toss doesn't matter as people like you are thinking .india lost first test due to over confidence otherwise 5-0 series win on the cards. India won a lot game even after losing the toss in last decade

Take that Fake hype of Bazballers etc and English media. A poor bowling attack like Pakistan may get pummelled to submission but India is different. Great victory with the young guns putting there hands up.

Amazing fight back from India - they were on the backfoot throughout the first innings, but still managed to eke out a win. Jurel was impressive and so was Bashir!

Bazball wasn't beaten out of sight but it was like neutralising poison from a wound by administering a damn effective antidote .

England were outskilled.
It'd have if we had our main XI playing this series.

For all the false bravado from Eng, eventual result is that India have made them confused about Bazball. It is neither Bazball nor classic test match if you take the whole match.

Take that Fake hype of Bazballers etc and English media. A poor bowling attack like Pakistan may get pummelled to submission but India is different. Great victory with the young guns putting there hands up.
Bazball worked. England have outperformed their talent.

Highest ratio between Test caps of opposition and India's XI where they won:

2.83 vs Australia, Chennai 2001 (617 vs 218)

2.51 vs England, Vizag 2024 (632 vs 252)

2.35 vs Australia, Brisbane 2021 (505 vs 215)

2.27 vs England, Ranchi 2024 (668 vs 294)

2.25 vs Australia, Delhi 1996 (369 vs 164)

2.12 vs England, Rajkot 2024 (674 vs 318)

This is such a revealing stat....3/6 instances are from this series.

Credit to England though, they gave us a real scare in this series.

Just enjoyed the usual indian negativists on this site with the 'we deserve to loose verbal xyz..." ..for the guys attacking Rav Jadz - he was MOm in the last match -got a 100 and got a fiver ....maybe you were born just before this test started :)

Credit to England though, they gave us a real scare in this series.
England have been reduced to moral victories. Such is the dominance of India.

I can't believe Pakistan lost to England 3-0. There were days where we whitewashed them in the UAE and now to lose to this bazzy clowns has made me feel disheartened to be a Pakistani.

Get rid of Patidar, Treat jadeja as a bowling AR are the 2 most immediate steps needed.

England have been reduced to moral victories. Such is the dominance of India.

I can't believe Pakistan lost to England 3-0. There were days where we whitewashed them in the UAE and now to lose to this bazzy clowns has made me feel disheartened to be a Pakistani.
I agree. England may have been good in Pakistan in that series but not good enough to sweep Pakistan away. But they still did. Perhaps, lowest of Pakistan cricket for quite some time.

Congrats to India on series win, they took advantage in last 3 tests when opportunities arose mid way through each game to take ascendancy. England will be kicking themselves

I hope bcci can put a team director on top of our coach just to prevent the blunders till dravid leaves us ,hopefully after t20 wc.support staff should be made responsible for all their tactical genius decisions and answerable.

First series loss for England under Stokes and McCullum.

Jurel will be the difference either way.

Had a feeling when he came to the crease that this was Jurel’s game. Another quick wicket and England might have really got on top, but they couldn’t get him out. Close but no cigar for England, who tried hard today. India were too good in the end and deserved to win this one.

England had this test in their grasp. They'll be kicking themselves for letting India get within 50 runs of the first inning total and then getting bundled out for 145. Even 50 more runs could have made a difference

The two sports teams I support winning two big games with heavily depleted sides in two consecutive days. :)

First - Liverpool yesterday night against Chelsea in the Cup final

Today - India beats England to win the series

Back