India (307 & 192/5) defeat England (353 & 145) by 5 wickets to claim an unassailable lead of 3-1 in the 5-match Test series

I'm strongly against resting Bumrah again in Dharamsala. He's had plenty of it and if he needs more, let him skip the first few games of the IPL.

If he's going to take his place as a fast bowling great, he needs to play a bunch of tests more while he's still in his prime.
Don’t think Bumrah will be rested in Dharamshala. Both Bumrah & Akashdeep should play.

Just that SA is taking revenge forever against India for giving them couple of turners in 2015 series. Ever since when India visit SA, the wicket is green and on top of that vicious uneven bounce in some of them. It does not matter that India pummelled SA in 2019 on normal pitches. Ironically after all this, the common narrative is only India produces "dodgy" pitches.

My point being, you cannot gauge an Indian player based on his performance in SA. Those are revenge pitches.

Just that SA is taking revenge forever against India for giving them couple of turners in 2015 series. Ever since when India visit SA, the wicket is green and on top of that vicious uneven bounce in some of them. It does not matter that India pummelled SA in 2019 on normal pitches. Ironically after all this, the common narrative is only India produces "dodgy" pitches.

My point being, you cannot gauge an Indian player based on his performance in SA. Those are revenge pitches.
I think after the last match fiasco,sa will think twice and they dont want to get humiliated in front of the world another time

I think after the last match fiasco,sa will think twice and they dont want to get humiliated in front of the world another time
Agreed. SA pitches in this series were criticized by their own team this time, forget others. Indian team to their credit didn’t complain which was really good to see.

Combined XI of both teams:-

Jaiswal
Crawley*
Gill
Root*
Sarfaraz
Jadeja
Jurel(wkt)
Hartley*/ Ashwin
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Anderson*

Debatable between Hartley and Ashwin.

I think team will go with 3 pacer for Dharmshala. Jazz for kulli.
Other change should be Washi sundar for Rajat.
Dude can bat, is a safe and borderline excellent fielder and can give you 10-12 solid overs of spin. He would be a wonderful sixth mainstream bowler + he gives the LH top order batsman option adn this nicely mixes lineup.
My cousin went trekking in the nearby Kaangra valley area and says its absolute freezing in the generic area, had fresh snowfall and the max was about 4 deg.
Maybe by the time the test rolls around, it will be pleasant climes for cricket although i would think the evenings would be super chilly.

Don't count on it.

People almost died in our second last tour but they still "prepared" bad pitches again.

England missed a golden opportunity to make it 2-2.

India should now win 4-1.
I don't think it was a golden opportunity. Maybe a sliver but more likely a bronze opportunity. It's tough to grab those.

4-1 would be a fair, if maybe slightly deceptive reflection of the two teams' quality, skill and application in these conditions.

I don't think it was a golden opportunity. Maybe a sliver but more likely a bronze opportunity. It's tough to grab those.

4-1 would be a fair, if maybe slightly deceptive reflection of the two teams' quality, skill and application in these conditions.

It was a golden opportunity.

England could've gotten a big lead (100+) in the 1st innings but they couldn't do that.

After that, they failed to get a big score in 2nd innings. India ended up chasing an easy 192 instead of 300+.

Missed opportunity.

With the amount of trolling he got, rcb will be worried about their reputation and won't give more chances to him

White ball cricket is altogether different, and he performs well in the T20 format. RCB doesn't have the luxury in the middle order, so he would be a good fit.

White ball cricket is altogether different, and he performs well in the T20 format. RCB doesn't have the luxury in the middle order, so he would be a good fit.
With a non existing strike rotation capacity, am not sure about his success rate in middle-order especially in t20s.

Wow….what a victory by Indian side, despite their 5 best players not played, the young Indian team thrashed strong England team

North, South, east or west,
India is the Best!!!

Back