India v England | 3rd ODI | Kanpur | 20/11/08

DM said:
I really wish I was.

I'd be videoing him all the time, even outside cricket, around the house, outside etc and uploading the clips regularly in a thread that I'd call "Incidents of Violence"

:afridi

even cooking?!
in the shower?
changing his clothes?!

uh oh, sounds really violent.
does he have a pet dog? :p

natalia said:
even cooking?!
in the shower?
changing his clothes?!

uh oh, sounds really violent.
does he have a pet dog? :p

nah.....sounds more like a stalker:|

btw DM, afaik, afridi doesn't like people who take pics and videos of him with their cameras, he might just slaughter you to your miserly death before you even press the record button :p

Natalia, I'm already dead. I once made a typo here and wrote "Afirdi" and before I could press the edit button I felt a cast-iron pipe make itself welcome in my spleen tissue, lung zones and other notable memorabilia and well, as they say, that was that. Thankfully I'm getting a strong Wifi signal on the other side, ironically thanks to the pipe.

Big Harvey said:
At least with the game finishing when it did, the handful of England supporters will have had plenty of time to get back to their digs and have a shower and a bite to eat before heading off to the train station for the long journey south. There are no direct trains to Bangalore, so some will be on the way to Kolkata tonight, spending a few hours sightseeing, getting an onward train from there, and arriving in Bangalore on the morning of the game. A quicker and more popular option (if popular is the right word) is to change at Jhansi Junction at about 3am, which will get them into Bangalore the day before the game to hopefully sort out tickets, whether through official or unofficial channels.

Regardless of how England are doing, they will be having the time of their lives, although I'm sure those who are doing the whole tour will be starting to feel the pace by now. They'll have had the crowds, the dust, the choking air pollution of Kanpur, and all manner of other hassles to contend with, not to mention those long, gruelling train journeys, but if they're like me, they'll stand in the doorway of that train tomorrow morning, watch the sun rising, and be glad in their hearts that they've gone those extra miles to follow England in such an amazing country. It's impossible to get tired of seeing Indian sunrises.

They will take a certain amount of consolation from the fact that so far at least, England have looked as if they've actually been trying, rather than merely going through the motions, as sometimes looks to be the case with England in one day cricket. Although England have been well beaten in every game so far, India have been playing some excellent stuff.

you certainly are my type man .... i can never get tired of standing in the doorway of the train , just tripping on nature with wind blowing into your face takes you to another world .....& you always meet some interesting people in the passage ...hopefully some day i will have the time to travel as frequently as i wish to do ..really envy you guys for that ! :)

DM said:
Natalia, I'm already dead. I once made a typo here and wrote "Afirdi" and before I could press the edit button I felt a cast-iron pipe make itself welcome in my spleen tissue, lung zones and other notable memorabilia and well, as they say, that was that. Thankfully I'm getting a strong Wifi signal on the other side, ironically thanks to the pipe.

stealing afridi's WiFi connection, are you?
i shall tell him and you shall perish once more

Big Harvey said:
At least with the game finishing when it did, the handful of England supporters will have had plenty of time to get back to their digs and have a shower and a bite to eat before heading off to the train station for the long journey south. There are no direct trains to Bangalore, so some will be on the way to Kolkata tonight, spending a few hours sightseeing, getting an onward train from there, and arriving in Bangalore on the morning of the game. A quicker and more popular option (if popular is the right word) is to change at Jhansi Junction at about 3am, which will get them into Bangalore the day before the game to hopefully sort out tickets, whether through official or unofficial channels.

Regardless of how England are doing, they will be having the time of their lives, although I'm sure those who are doing the whole tour will be starting to feel the pace by now. They'll have had the crowds, the dust, the choking air pollution of Kanpur, and all manner of other hassles to contend with, not to mention those long, gruelling train journeys, but if they're like me, they'll stand in the doorway of that train tomorrow morning, watch the sun rising, and be glad in their hearts that they've gone those extra miles to follow England in such an amazing country. It's impossible to get tired of seeing Indian sunrises.

They will take a certain amount of consolation from the fact that so far at least, England have looked as if they've actually been trying, rather than merely going through the motions, as sometimes looks to be the case with England in one day cricket. Although England have been well beaten in every game so far, India have been playing some excellent stuff.

I feel sorry for the English supporters who have to travel to Bangalore by train. If you though Kanpur had bad traffic, Bangalore will give a new meaning to the word traffic.

Not sure how they are going to get tickets though. Bangalore, Sunday... too many people who can easily afford the tickets.

Back