India v New Zealand | 2nd Test | Hyderabad | 12-16 November 2010

probably the 2 worst sights in intl. cricket:

NZ's batting in Tests.
Ind's bowling in Tests.

yuck!

You havent been following Indian matches recently I guess. Evne in this match both Sree and Zaheer bowled great spells on a flat track

This pitch will get tough to bat on as game goes on, Should definitely break up as the top surface looks hard. The spinners are getting some bounce and will get more help on day 3,4 , 5.

We need to limit NZ to around 375-400. Anything over that and the Kiwis will be safe or maybe can even push for a win.

Bhajji as usual disappointing, Ojha wasn't accurate, Sreesanth was erratic, Zak was the only who bowled with some control and had 2 wickets.

Dhoni's keeping getting bad by the day, Dropped an easy chance, was poor with his deciison making, went on the defensive too early. Some of the field settings were bizarre. Long on and long off deep nearly all the time in the day. Disappoitning to see.

Seriously how did Mcintosh scored 100 :))) :)))

EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE MIND YOUR LANGUAGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously how did Mcintosh scored 100 :))) :)))

We are generous hosts.

We always help build careers of struggling batsmen (ask Chanderpaul, Jimmy Adams, Amla, Ryder etc). Though Mcintosh is not in the same league, yet he may be a different batsman from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
that one flick over midwicket he played off Bhajji for 6 was a CLASS shot.

reminds me of Fleming, but with the batting attitude of Richardson.

Too generous , overall bad day for asian bowlers. Bhaji is on the verge of being dropped and deservedly so.

Sold batting once again by the Kiwis.

They've really surprised everyone with their fighting spirit and responsible batting so far in the series.

250+ for 4 at close.

They will be happy with that. Williamson, hopkins and Vettori need to support Ryder and maybe they can get up to 400 and then try and put some pressure on India.

An unacceptably poor decision from Taufel to deny Harby the Macintosh LBW decision when the centurion was in the sixties. totally out of character, and the commies trying to justify why an otherwise fine umpire failed to give an obvious decision made it even more embarrassing. India bowled poorly, but this was a turning point after tea that seriously derailed their challenge. Dhoni needs to stop being stubborn and accept that UDRS is a positive thing.

Too generous , overall bad day for asian bowlers. Bhaji is on the verge of being dropped and deservedly so.

He should be played as a batsmen and a part-time bowler.

An unacceptably poor decision from Taufel to deny Harby the Macintosh LBW decision when the centurion was in the sixties. totally out of character, and the commies trying to justify why an otherwise fine umpire failed to give an obvious decision made it even more embarrassing. India bowled poorly, but this was a turning point after tea that seriously derailed their challenge. Dhoni needs to stop being stubborn and accept that UDRS is a positive thing.

Serves BCCI and India right for wanting it!

yes u r probably correct ...BCCI are the bunch of morons ...never think about the cricket only money .....

BCCI are actually getting better as time goes on. Resting players from meaningless games, sending players to South Africa early.

The bowling is better with Sree and Zaheer but with some overseas tours coming up the third seamer is a worry. You can't be playing 2 spinners in South Africa, England, Aus (not all pitches).

But they are the best Test team in the world and we get carried away with their faults, still such a strong batting line up.

The bowling is better with Sree and Zaheer but with some overseas tours coming up the third seamer is a worry. You can't be playing 2 spinners in South Africa, England, Aus (not all pitches).

Actually I have no much worries about the third seamer in outside sub continent. Ishant will be handy enough in seamer friendly conditions. Even someone like RP Sing faired quite well in England. my worry is still with the spinners. they are supposed to roll over teams like NZ in Indian pitches. yet they struggle to break through and it's always Zaheer to run through at any pitch.

A question to my fellow Pakistan PPers

I have been following this forum for a very long time as a silent observer though i have started posting only recently. I have one question for you guys.

How come in any thread involving indian matches when they are doing bad the pakistan ppers will be having a field day criticizing their bowlers for their inability to take wickets, board etc and suddenly become silent when they are doing good.

Finally when they win the match start whining about the pitch etc???

I have been following this forum for a very long time as a silent observer though i have started posting only recently. I have one question for you guys.

How come in any thread involving indian matches when they are doing bad the pakistan ppers will be having a field day criticizing their bowlers for their inability to take wickets, board etc and suddenly become silent when they are doing good.

Ha Ha.. You want to say, Indian Bowling is winning Matches for India???

LOL..

India is Winning because of their Batting. and bat pitch conditions of 4th innings when their Spinners can have some success and make a road for them to win test match.

um-mmmm ... have you noticed that Pakistan too is playing a test match and doing pretty good at it? do you really expect PPers to watch India game when Pak is playing and doing so well? :gul

@ Passion4Pakistan:

I am not saying anything to that effect. I am just taking about the unnatural silence of my fellow Pakistan PPers when ever Indian bowling does good.

@ Farazaidi:

That is a probable explanation but then it should have also held good when Indian bowling was poor and we were criticizing them earlier in this match.

because it's fun? :inzi

Looks like another draw in progress unless India can bowl exceptionally well in the 2nd innings

@ Ahmed Zulfiqar:

Thats what i wanted to hear. I am working in UAE and dont have much interest in cricket.Then you might ask me why i am following this forum as that would be a valid question.

The answer is that i have so many indians and pakistanis here living as great friends here so always keep wondering why the same does not happen for the people back home in the respective countries. So I follow the forums which have interactions between people of the two countries and try to follow their mindsets.

I also must add that this is one of such great forums.

BCCI are actually getting better as time goes on. Resting players from meaningless games, sending players to South Africa early.

But they are the best Test team in the world and we get carried away with their faults, still such a strong batting line up.

Yes and as @Dinakar said our pacers actually comes good in bowling friendly condition ....

Great job by Indian bowlers in Day 2.
Sehwag batting shockingly slow by his standards. just 29 of 46 balls.

Looks like another draw in progress unless India can bowl exceptionally well in the 2nd innings
It happened alot lately , so there is good chance of that happening again.

The best thing abt Sehwag's knock is he overcame a testing start. Props, et al

Unfortunately now we'll see another Cricinfo barrage

jiyo Veeru
82 off 100 balls.
India 136/0 (36 overs)

amazing crowd , again we are seeing increasing crowds for Test cricket in India .

gauti's makes 50 , hope he gets into form now

Ha Ha.. You want to say, Indian Bowling is winning Matches for India???

LOL..

India is Winning because of their Batting. and bat pitch conditions of 4th innings when their Spinners can have some success and make a road for them to win test match.

That is why 70% of the matches India won lately they have batted in the 4th innings and not bowled, i.e they had lost the toss and restricted the opposition before the batting came into play. So what you say is completely opposite of whats been happening

That is why 70% of the matches India won lately they have batted in the 4th innings and not bowled, i.e they had lost the toss and restricted the opposition before the batting came into play. So what you say is completely opposite of whats been happening

wont be surprised if its more than 70% . Dhoni has won just one toss in more than a year now .

It varies on city to city basis .......this is just amazing crowd...i m lovin it....Test cricket in this environment ...just woww....

Thats not the point . I wud be disappointed with 20K crowds in say , Mumbai , Chennai , Bangalore or Kolkotta ...but even 10K for some of the grounds is good news . In general we are seeing better crowd in the grounds these days .

we have ~25000 (or more) here today , for a city which is not considered a major Test center , its huge .

Thats not the point . I wud be disappointed with 20K crowds in say , Mumbai , Chennai , Bangalore or Kolkotta ...but even 10K for some of the grounds is good news . In general we are seeing better crowd in the grounds these days .

we have ~25000 (or more) here today , for a city which is not considered a major Test center , its huge .

Yep ...and me too lovin it ...:)

Bas shot, but that is the way he plays as ravi said.

50.000 runs among playing XI for india this test.

Kudos to the curator for a good pitch. Day 4 and 5 will be tough to bat and the spinners will have zip off the pitch.

Tomorrow's morning session will be so crucial. Pitch will have some movement in the first hour and we need to negotiate it well.

Overall good day for. Well done to Zak and what a comeback by Bhajji in that spell. 4 wickets for 10 runs in 8 overs. Deserves the praise.

Wll done to the kiwi bowlers too. Bowled so well here and could have easily picked another 1-2 wickets today.

Last edited:
If first 30 min went well then i expect a big run feast. Hopefully we'll win this much thanks to start given by Veeru.
In nearly all cases
Veeru scoring run = India win.

Back