India v New Zealand | 2nd Test | Hyderabad | 12-16 November 2010

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
The kiwis who were expected to be rolled over in 1st Test earned a very credidable draw. So can they continue to improve, or will India play better then they did in 1st Test?

VVS gets to play at home at a new Venue for test cricket, will he perform again?

Should be a result.Hyderabad pitch may suit the bowlers more.

I don't think lighting can strike twice- India should be waaay too strong. Their batsmen are far more consistent than NZ and score much bigger hundreds usually.

Zaheer is better than Martin, Sree is better than Franklin (just), Ohja is better than Patel and only Vettori is the equal of Harbajan.

All around India looks too strong especially in home conditions to be caught napping twice.

India have lost the Toss again!

NZ is going to have fun batting! Poor bowling line-up from India as usual! I'm really don't know how they'll get 20 wickets on this surface!

Vettori "We would like to bat. It looks like the ball might move a bit early on but if we get through it and we post a good first-innings total we can be on our way. Guptill comes for Watling, Bret Arnel for Hamish Bennett and Tim Southee comes in for Jeetan Patel."

kiwis made three replacement to there squad.

india going with same bowling attack.
sree and zaheer need to bowl well.
bhajji forum is big HEADACHE for MS.
it will be intresting to see,how this pitch will play.

India vs NZ l 2nd Test l Hyderabad l Nov 12-16 2010

NZ win toss and bat.

Southee, Guptill, Arnel in
Watling, Patel, Bennet out

India unchanged

Pitch report by SMGavaskar on Neo Cricket: "Its a very hard pitch. There will be lot more carry than what we had in Ahmedabad. The seamers will like it on first day. There will be turn later of course but the batsmen should like the bounce and there will be lots of shots. The ball will move a bit. The outfield is superb."

Virgin pitch.

Lets see if it will produce a result for a change.

Definitely something in it for the bowlers.

Both Zaheer and Sree probing away.

Sreesanth to Guptill, 1 no ball, 135.4 kph, Out but not out! Sreesanth got the edge and the batsman was walking when Dharmasena decided to check for the no ball. And it's a no ball! A smiling Guptill walks back to the middle! Sreesanth is bowling superbly here in Hyderabad. It landed on a length around off and curves away late. Guptill pushes at it, bat away from the body, and follows the delivery. And gets the edge! But he had overstepped. Dharmasena has doubts about the no ball and goes upstairs. He was proven right.

That's it. New Zealand have negotiated the first hour. Now they can bat in peace. Oh drudgery!

Sreesanth showing in this spell that he does have a lot of talent...pity he's just not as good as he thinks he is.

Come on Kiwis pile on the runs

Harbhajan Singh to Guptill, SIX, 78.3 kph, Wallop! Thunderous! Guptill eased down the track and lifted it superbly over the long-on boundary. Lovely swing of the bat and the full follow-through. Very nicely done

A poor bowling performance by India so far.

Solid batting by Kiwi's, they know if they post 400+ they are in with a show. I still think they will struggle or have to bat to their very best to get that score.

I seem to remember Guptil making a few runs against the aussies in ODI's- I hope he kicks on and makes a good career as he is quite good to watch, stylish.

Gambhir and Sehwag seem to be really good friends, watching them joking with each other in the middle there.

Gotta say this test is much more exciting than the PAK test atm.

Guptill is batting nicely.

I think Guptil has 1 test century, 4 (now 5) test half centuries from 10 or so tests. A decent start to build on, I do enjoy watching him.

Gambhir and Sehwag seem to be really good friends, watching them joking with each other in the middle there.

IT happens when u play together on same position for almost all the Team you represents.....

Team India [Test,ODI,T20]
Delhi Ranji
Delhi Dardevils
etc

very good crowd here ....I am lovin it...wow....we can expect better in next 2 days as weekend ...
Hyderabadis ....:D

Cricinfo's stat man Madhu: "Harbhajan Singh averages over 39 in away matches and less than 30 only in New Zealand, West Indies and Zimbabwe. His average in the first innings is over 41."

What was it that Murali said? :)))

Got to say, on an unbiased viewpoint, how could this guy play so many matches for India. Known for spinners, they probably have 10 better then him. Murali Karthik comes to mind.

Cricinfo's stat man Madhu: "Harbhajan Singh averages over 39 in away matches and less than 30 only in New Zealand, West Indies and Zimbabwe. His average in the first innings is over 41."

What was it that Murali said? :)))

Got to say, on an unbiased viewpoint, how could this guy play so many matches for India. Known for spinners, they probably have 10 better then him. Murali Karthik comes to mind.

and Ashwin warming the bench

Got to say, this is pathetic by India. How does New Zealand score 204-2 in your own backyard.

I think its time BCCI puts like 10 billion into the development of bowlers.

Got to say, this is pathetic by India. How does New Zealand score 204-2 in your own backyard.

I think its time BCCI puts like 10 billion into the development of bowlers.

its better to first prepare good pitches for Test ....

its better to first prepare good pitches for Test ....

That will never happen.

Financially, BCCI want 5 day test matches no matter. Forget the fact that a lot of young Indian batsmen can't play on bouncy pitches. Not good for ''development''.

That will never happen.

Financially, BCCI want 5 day test matches no matter. Forget the fact that a lot of young Indian batsmen can't play on bouncy pitches. Not good for ''development''.

yes u r probably correct ...BCCI are the bunch of morons ...never think about the cricket only money .....

what a fielding display by Indians in this over...and add to that ...loudly cheered by crowd ....who says its boring o watch this match ....

New Zealand | 3/241 | 82 Overs | Evening Session - Day 1

3 off the over!

New Zealand | 3/241 | 83 Overs | Evening Session - Day 1

Maiden!

probably the 2 worst sights in intl. cricket:

NZ's batting in Tests.
Ind's bowling in Tests.

yuck!

Back