India v Pakistan | 3rd Test | Bangalore | Day 1 | 8/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparhawk said:
Bruce yardley comparing yuvraj to lara. Unbelievable!!!

Some shots of Yuvi reminds me of Lara as well ... mind you it's just some shots not overall records/ achievements...
I guess it has to do something with both being lefty with high bat lift!

Full length stuff will not budge Yuvraj from the crease. Arafat would be well advised to bang it in and angling the ball across Yuvraj. Better chance of getting Yuvraj caught behind than getting him bowled or LBW

Ramiz's credibility has now descended into negative figures. He started to make a valid point for once by asking arun if the pitch had lost its juice in the second session.... but he couldnt stop himself from adding "and also how brilliantly yuvraj has handled the bowling" thus undermining his own point. Hes a joke.

purplehaze said:
Some shots of Yuvi reminds me of Lara as well ... mind you it's just some shots not overall records/ achievements...
I guess it has to do something with both being lefty with high bat lift!
They were comparing bat lift and timing which i agree with but then he said yuvraj could think about being as good as lara the way he plays. It takes more than a few shots to warrant comparisons with the likes of lara. :19:

Last 10 ovs 47/0 RR 4.70
i like this positive cricket
a big change in indian team...earlier in such situations they used to gave up without any fight back.......

Sparhawk said:
They were comparing bat lift and timing which i agree with but then he said yuvraj could think about being as good as lara the way he plays. It takes more than a few shots to warrant comparisons with the likes of lara. :19:

Agree.

india is not winning this test................either it will ba a draw or a pak win

HIT64 said:
india is not winning this test................either it will ba a draw or a pak win
if india scored anything more than 350 i bet india gonna win this match....below 350 in first innings....pak advantage

Last edited:
HIT64 said:

Damn why did you disclose the result so early? You could have kept the secret bit longer... damn!!!!

anyways, now please disclose man of the match in this match as well ...

HIT64 said:
No 1 is there to take 20 wickets
Is bhajji playing? If he is then he can Kumble will be more than a handful especially in the last innings. Plus even if they arent able to take wickets our Pakistani batsmen have a very giving nature. ;-) :(

Not time to panic.. yet

184/4, another wicket before 200 and we're still in.

Pak bowlers are back to what we all know..

will they get anymore wicket or waiting for india to declare?

As I predicted earlier, Akthar has broken down. He is not in the field.

I really dont understand why they are picking this guy. I feel really sad for his captain, he always will be under pressure, if not from opposition, from akthar whether breaking down is in the first innings or second innigs.

First session to Pakistan, second to India ...
scoreline 1-1, however game is poised 52-48 slightly still in favor of Pakistan since they would have taken 192-4 by tea scoreline at toss!

India is in deep trouble 192 for 4. 6 more wickets they will be in even more deep trouble.

Its not like we have been batted out of the game. 192/4, theres still a lot of cricket to be played.

Lets hope we can get a quick wicket after tea.

terrible session for india. they should have scored atleast 200 in this session against this toothless attack.

phoenix-suns said:
terrible session for india. they should have scored atleast 200 in this session against this toothless attack.
Now we know what we should expect from Pakistan when they bat. 200 runs in a session against an even mediocre bowling attack

I despise Gambhir now for losing his wicket to Sami of all the people. That is what pressure can do.

phoenix-suns said:

Is that tongue in cheek :13: cause I thought it was a great session...hey, you have to play safe after you're 64/4.

wah, Yuvi ki batting is really something...to think he was sitting out for dummy players like KARTIK...

if any pak fan still dreaming about winning this match and levelling the series, just wake up and smell coffee.. also start thinking about how to draw the match.

Perth 2004 anyone? Aus around 60-4 at lunch and turn up in the middle session and belt Pakistan around the park, comfortably reaching 300+ on that day.

Usman Sahib said:
Now we know what we should expect from Pakistan when they bat. 200 runs in a session against an even mediocre bowling attack

Agreed. Two average attacks. Match might end in a draw.

eassam said:
Perth 2004 anyone? Aus around 60-4 at lunch and turn up in the middle session and belt Pakistan around the park, comfortably reaching 300+ on that day.
The only difference being Australia had a more than decent bowling attack, India on the other hand...well...

jackal786 said:
I despise Gambhir now for losing his wicket to Sami of all the people. That is what pressure can do.

Now sami is an automatic selection for next 20 tests.

If sami had the talent of Akram + Waqar + Walsh + Ambrose + Donald, i'd have still given up on this hopeless case long before he hit the 50 mark.

Still not sure what the selectors see in him

Dhonifan said:
Is that tongue in cheek :13: cause I thought it was a great session...hey, you have to play safe after you're 64/4.

wah, Yuvi ki batting is really something...to think he was sitting out for dummy players like KARTIK...

Seriously I dont undersand why Karthik has been selected ahead of players like Yuvraj ( as he is ready to open), gambir, even shewag..

although I am from chennai, I dont want karthik anywhere close to indian team. he simply doesnot have techniques to open the innings. When you have so many guinuene openers or batsmen in the country, why do you have to convert the wicket keeper batsmen to open the innings and keep him in the eleven.

Well the thing is that may be our team thought of it as we are, 4 early wickets and now we should win, I am afraid that will not be the case, not on this pitch. We had a good start but win wont come easily, we are going to perform very well in all departments till the very end, we have to work really hard and keep on fighting and inshallah at the end we will win. so keep patiance and lets c how we do ?

phoenix-suns said:
if any pak fan still dreaming about winning this match and levelling the series, just wake up and smell coffee.. also start thinking about how to draw the match.

Think about drawing the match? What are you on about?

The match is up for grabs and the last session will be crucial.

phoenix-suns said:
Seriously I dont undersand why Karthik has been selected ahead of players like Yuvraj ( as he is ready to open), gambir, even shewag..

although I am from chennai, I dont want karthik anywhere close to indian team. he simply doesnot have techniques to open the innings. When you have so many guinuene openers or batsmen in the country, why do you have to convert the wicket keeper batsmen to open the innings and keep him in the eleven.

I suppose because he did well in a few innings....and also because of this myth that openers are special people who have to be born under a certain planetary configuraton, all of which kartik fullfils... :D

But I wouldn't want Yuvi to open. He's too precious, we need him in the middle once the front collapses like today. Bring back Sehwag, or as you say even Gambhir is not a bad choice, provided he gets over this t20 thinking that lasting 5 overs is good enough...

eassam said:
Think about drawing the match? What are you on about?

The match is up for grabs and the last session will be crucial.

cos pak bowlers dont looks like getting wicket and indians dotn look like throwing away their wickets.

jackal786 said:
India has a long long way to go.. they have just got up after fall.

Spot on. Indians must make 400 to avoid 2nd innings pressure, and that is a loooong way away

Dhonifan said:
I suppose because he did well in a few innings....and also because of this myth that openers are special people who have to be born under a certain planetary configuraton, all of which kartik fullfils... :D

But I wouldn't want Yuvi to open. He's too precious, we need him in the middle once the front collapses like today. Bring back Sehwag, or as you say even Gambhir is not a bad choice, provided he gets over this t20 thinking that lasting 5 overs is good enough...

yep gambir is the best choice.. i wanted him score big today.. unfortunately he got out cheaply..

Usman Sahib said:
Watch their mediocre bowling attack run through our batting line up like a walk in the park :22:

slix10 said:
Watch their mediocre bowling attack run through our batting line up like a walk in the park :22:

r u pakistani or indian? thats the next question you will be asked..

Usman Sahib said:
Like they did in the last test?

that was a flat track. but this one even sami has taken a wicket.. if sami could take wicket, I am sure even boycotts mom could take wickets on that pitch.

This is getting depressing. Things are that bad that I'm tempted to watch Chennai versus Chandigarh

Too many 4 balls today from the Pak bowlers in the afternoon session. Almost every over had at least one loose delivery in it.

Sami is spraying it all over and kaneria looks about as threatening as a baby... 4 more

Oddly, Kaneria has been very economical while we are getting our ***** handed to us.

phoenix-suns said:
r u pakistani or indian? thats the next question you will be asked..
Haha no im fully **** you can see me cuss out sami in the previous pages.

Saj said:
Too many 4 balls today from the Pak bowlers in the afternoon session. Almost every over had at least one loose delivery in it.

keep watching ICL Match. switch to this channel tommorow sometime during tea time.. cos thats when india will declare their innings.

Wth? pak-i is censored? we have too many brits here. not a derogatory term in usa.

India have been dominating whole ODI and Test series. How long this domination will last? I guess it will continue in the future series as well. I feel sorry for Pak fans..

phoenix-suns said:
India have been dominating whole ODI and Test series. How long this domination will last? I guess it will continue in the future series as well. I feel sorry for Pak fans..
The pak team currently sucks. we want AAG to happen (akhtar, asif, gul)

slix10 said:
Wth? pak-i is censored? we have too many brits here. not a derogatory term in usa.

Debatable. I am from Canada which is pretty similar and its pretty derogatory here and even down there from what Ihave heard from my cousins.

highest 5th wkt partnership in Bglr, 165. Amazing stuff, especially as there have been no dropped catches, no plumb lbws turned down...in short, a chanceless innings from both. They need to keep going cause after this is just Kartik and tail...not a very reliable group

Wrist slitters out in full force! Only 2.5 sessions have been played (one of which we dominated) and players are being slated.

Which side are you guys on?

Having said that, Sami is **** and will always be **** so continue bashing him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back