India v South Africa | ICC World T20: 5th Match | Group C | St Lucia | 2/May/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe saffers were blackmailed that if they beat india today they wont be allowed to play for the next IPL lol

Nehra to Boucher, 3 runs, fullish around off, sliced over Yuvraj at cover. They turn for the third run and the throw comes to Nehra who somehow contrives to deflect it to his groin! And he is in pain. Ouch! He is down on the ground now.

Nehra is excitingly good at bowling yorkers...VOW

India are way way too good for RSA(who no one expects to win anyway)

SA's 'strategy' for this match was strange to say the least.

bring shoaib akhthar back

:akhtar

poor effort by south africa! disapointing match! :po:

59 in 10 overs left way too much for the last few 10 overs.

I honestly enjoyed WI-Ireland game 10 times more than this boring game. Only good this was Raina's knock.

Nehra to Boucher, 3 runs, fullish around off, sliced over Yuvraj at cover. They turn for the third run and the throw comes to Nehra who somehow contrives to deflect it to his groin! And he is in pain. Ouch! He is down on the ground now.

Our boys do know how to make a fool of themselves. Damn! That must have been funny!

hmm so India wins even without zaheer khan...not really a good news must admit...i think dhoni is the key for India..utilizes his bowlers perfectly...

This game was fixed folks and dont shoot me down it happens all over the world just look at john higgins.

What were they thinking?

The only thing I can think of is this: They know they start strongly every time and then choke at the end. May be they deliberately started in this way (to lose the first match) so that they can play lik cornered tigers (or at least pretend to do that) in the later half of the tournamanet.

saeed-sohail said:
This game was fixed folks and dont shoot me down it happens all over the world just look at john higgins.

valid reason for such pathetic batting in the first ten overs. :13:

Super Sixer said:
and now cricindia will start raving on how the Indians were so amazing and blah blah....

Well Indians played really well - they deserve the praise.

Have to question the strategy of SA's two big guns. Kallis had just come from India where he'd played these spinners throughout the IPL with ease.

Strange strategy and left it too late in the end. Poor effort by S.A.

This game was very similar to the :afridi SF. Kallis is a cancer for his team in this format, shoots SA in the foot yet again. Takes them 70% of the way and leaves them in a hole.

From Smith's comments you can see they almost gave up by the end of the Indian innings

Sledger said:
This game was very similar to the :afridi SF. Kallis is a cancer for his team in this format, shoots SA in the foot yet again. Takes them 70% of the way and leaves them in a hole.

This game was worse tbh, in the Pak game they had a genuine chance even though they lost 3 early big wickets. In this game they lost some Loots bloke and were motoring along at 6 an over for half of the game with 9 wickets in hand?? :yk

I can sense som nervousness creeping in on the forum :p

Jokes apart, our bowling is way too weak for us to go too far in the tournament. They just dont look like taking a wicket unless the batsman makes a mistake. Batting alone wont help us everytime. Disappointed with Bhajji's effort. As the lead spinner, he should have done better. Nehra I must say has been surprisingly good so far.

I would blame bowling of Proteas in last 5 overs and their batting in the first 5. I think tho they are experimenting still i.e. on the bowling side. We will still see Botha and Theron in the other game.

Do you guys think Indians took this match lightly by bowling 15 overs from spinners? I mean it seems they knew throughout 20 overs that they are winning or Dhoni is experimenting just thinking that they are already into S8's.

my take is SA played very poorly than India played well.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Kallis is selfish ? Might be a great player but many times I've seen him not taking chances he needs to to save his wicket. Way too conservative.
Also SA's bowling was very pathetic. Everyone knows Indians have a problem with short balls but they kept feeding Raina and others with half volleys. Bowler selection was retarded too. Everyone has been talking about how this is a spinner's tournament. Yet they go in with almost exclusively pace attack.
Also Smith might be the worst captain in the tournament.

Cricinfo calls it a 'one-sided win', which certainly wasnt the case. Sure, a South African victory did seem improbable, especially in the last 7-8 overs, but it wasnt one-sided/boring.

Btw, good solid win and an excellent start to the tournament to us. This should send a strong message to all our opponents.

rhapsodite said:
Cricinfo calls it a 'one-sided win', which certainly wasnt the case. Sure, a South African victory did seem improbable, especially in the last 7-8 overs, but it wasnt one-sided/boring.

Btw, good solid win and an excellent start to the tournament to us. This should send a strong message to all our opponents.
it was very one sided Saffers req 13-14 rpo for atleast 10 overs and dhoni was giving bowling to his spinners to check out who comes in and who goes out

as of now
bhajji zak nehra r jadeja are in as bowlers

the other slots are to be filled between y pathan , sharma , PK

chawla i believe is toast for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back