India v South Africa | ICC World T20: 5th Match | Group C | St Lucia | 2/May/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP

T20I Debutant
Runs
Should be an exciting match. India will look to extend their winning momentum and while on the other hand, South Africa will try their best to register their first win of the tournament. I'm predicting a close encounter between the two teams.

It will be an exciting match, hope we witness a close finish. Looking forward to Yousuf Pathan's massive sixes.

Saffers are going to maul India's bowling.

India's batting will have to fire big time.

Should be a close game, Inshallah we will win it.... I gotta be honest I am more excited about the Oz vs Pak game......

The result of this game will only be of academic interest as both SA and India will qualify for the next round.

I hope it is a tight match and is not one sided. I will prefer SA to win though for selfish reasons. That is, it is more fun when they beat everybody and look the best team around, only to CHOKE at the first knockout opportunity. :D

bhai457 said:
Any chance for india to get out of this WC in group stages?

Very very unlikely, unless India lose to SA tomorrow, and then Afghanistan beat SA by a considerable margin.

S Africa should win this

Last edited:
Ashraful_Rox said:
It will be an exciting match, hope we witness a close finish. Looking forward to Yousuf Pathan's massive sixes.
Your at the wrong place than as this isn't IPL :aamir

All depends on how the Saffers cope against spin. I have a feeling they will try to attack the spinners before they settle in. If India bat first and score 140...they will be the favorites.

We need to go one better than what we did against the Afghans. Would love to see Zaheer and Bhajji get back to rhythm and would also like to see part timers like Yuvi, Raina and Yusuf bowl better on surfaces which suit their style of bowling.

Also today will be the first real test of the fatigue of our players. Long boundaries, slow outfield, fit Saffers, plenty of 2s and 3s on the offer. Lets see how our "overweight" fielders cope up.

batting wise we should be okay.

Cover Drive said:
SAwins the toss are are fielding first

Gambhir and Zaheer out

Gambhir AND Zaheer :)))

They are going to get BATTERED.

India team

M Vijay, KD Karthik, SK Raina, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni*†, YK Pathan, RA Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, PP Chawla, P Kumar, A Nehra

South Africa team

GC Smith*, LL Bosman, JH Kallis, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, MV Boucher†, JA Morkel, RE van der Merwe, RK Kleinveldt, DW Steyn, M Morkel

Why the heck karthick???????? This truly reflects bad selection policy...Rohit deserved a game ahead of karthick :po:

piyush chawla :))) :))) :))) Indian bowling speaks for itself :)) :)) :))

Cover Drive said:
They have Ashish Nehra :)

No, Ashish Marshall :)) :))

India should be ready to score 200+ or may be that is also too low for the crappy bowling lineup that we are bestowed with :)) :))

Looks like Gambhir watched too much footage of the last time SA and India played in this tournament.. :)))

cricketiac said:
piyush chawla :))) :))) :))) Indian bowling speaks for itself :)) :)) :))

You'd be surprised. He may be the match winner for you guys today. Mark my words.

Where have all our Indian friends gone? :)))

Hey, come on guys ---- it is just one wicket down. You have the whole match to come back into the game. Your two big IPL stars are on the crease.

Come on. Don't be shy! ;-)

JeeraBlade said:
Where have all our Indian friends gone? :)))

Hey, come on guys ---- it is just one wicket down. You have the whole match to come back into the game. Your two big IPL stars are on the crease.

Come on. Don't be shy! ;-)
didn't know there were any Indian stars in the IPL. ;-)

JustAnotherFan said:
didn't know there were any Indian stars in the IPL. ;-)
lol thats true but

btw i hope kallis regains his form as he wasnt looking 2 good in the ipl

cricket_fever said:
well towards the ipls end he went out quite cheaply a couple of times.......thats why i was hoping he wasnt really lacking forrm
Saved his form for this game ;-)

cricket_fever said:
i am sure boucher wouldnt want a messy puddle of brown stinky substance in front of him.............lucky ghambir isnt playing
what r u doing here dude ? u r fit to join taliban...

let it be a cricket forum..

another gone, i think if india manage to score 150 then they will have good chance to win!

Harsha Bhoglay ----- what a moronic whiner!!!

He is blaming Karthick's dismissal on big boundaries. :)))

Harsha --- wake up buddy! You are not in Mumbai and Modi is not running this show. Quit whining!

JeeraBlade said:

Harsha --- wake up buddy! You are not in Mumbai and Modi is not running this show. Quit whining!
u are as right as ever.......Bhogle is seriously torture to listen 2

JeeraBlade said:

I guess they should stick to the 30 meter crap in the IPL!! :))

I don't think he'll stay in for long, his current form isn't very good.

Dhoni and Raina are the real threats in the indian batting line up. Yusuf is kind of a hit or miss player, I don't think he'll fire today especially against a very good bowling attack. Though Raina has to pick up the pace now.

Man these wickets look horrible, the IPL wickets were much better quality than this...

It is funny seeign the face of a bowler after they have been fit for a boundary. The "painful look"

wrong desititon by smith to bring on a spinner when fast bowlers are doing so well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back