India vs Australia | 4th Test | Delhi | 22/3/13 | Day 3

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
India lead by 4 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Can Australia make further inroads to prevent a series whitewash?

Maxwell opening?

Arthur having a laugh?

Yesterday one of the posters said India can get to 300 or even 325. I said India will probably get to 275. Another genius prediction from me :msd

I like the intent of sending Maxwell out as opener, but he is technically flawed. He plays with an angled bat and no surprise, played inside one and is out. Pitch is minefield now, this might be over today.

Battle of the overpaid rockstars
Part Uno - Minwell menace
Part deux - Sir Jadeja strikes back

:out

Warner, total fail this tour. Didnt fire a shot.

Only five more wickets until our batsmen come in.....

Take that Warner. Talk nah :out Jaddu strikes again and gives him a sendoff as well

Indians happily giving Warner a nice send off, I could make a guess what they might have said to him. Turnabout is fair play.

A bit of pressure on Hughes here, he does score quickly. If he can get going it will help a lot.

Whoa.. What a send off... :))

And to make things clear, i am not happy abt it.. but the degree of animation.. Boy!
Apart from McDermott's analysis, this was the next best thing for me in this match :)

Last edited:
150 will be enough on this pitch...
but i think Aus missed a trick by playing only one spinner ....didnt they knew the history of Delhi???????????????????????????????/

150 will be enough on this pitch...
but i think Aus missed a trick by playing only one spinner ....didnt they knew the history of Delhi???????????????????????????????/

We played two spinners but Maxwell was sick in the morning and only bowled very late. Thats just bad luck.

This pitch is like the usual turner but on steroids. It would be tough for India to chase anything around 150. But it makes things interesting.

Whoa.. What a send off... :))

And to make things clear, i am not happy abt it.. but the degree of animation.. Boy!
Apart from McDermott's analysis, this was the next best thing for me in this match :)

Warner dishes it out, no harm in giving it back to him.

McDermott is a very good cricket analyst. Fixed most of the damage Troy Cooley did to our bowlers in under a year.

Aus needs to make 200-250 here and match is won. Just use your feel time to time to unsettle spinners otherwise it's difficult to survive.

Ed Cowan looking good in this innings. All the more stupid to send Viv Maxwell to open

Anil Kumble would have got 20 out of 20 wickets against this lineup in this pitch. Aus has bad batters. Ind bowling is not ruthless.

India will chase down 200 , anything over that will make it difficult not impossible.

Maxwell's hardly a spinner.should have played Doherty

Smith could have been tried too

Maxwell has a better record than Lyon at both Test and first class level as a bowler. He is actually quite promising because he can turn the ball. Smith lol.

Maxwell has a better record than Lyon at both Test and first class level as a bowler. He is actually quite promising because he can turn the ball. Smith lol.

Doesn't matter what their FC record is Lyon is a much better bowler than him in SC conditions against SC batsmen. Maxwell is a hack.

Pfft Hughes gone. Time for Watto to look a million dollars and get out after his usual start.

Nah they have two neutral umpires now

Im saying he is better than our current crop of bowlers. He is very accurate and on this pitch he will land on the spot ball after ball. He would have finished Aus innings by 150 in the first innings. But then again he had Azharudding and Ganguly as captains not :msd

Im saying he is better than our current crop of bowlers. He is very accurate and on this pitch he will land on the spot ball after ball. He would have finished Aus innings by 150 in the first innings. But then again he had Azharudding and Ganguly as captains not :msd

Well Azhar would have taken Kumble off in order to lose the game and buy himself a new car
:asif:

130 - 150 lead NOT enough , Indians better players of spin here. India will loose a few wickets but will get there.

Anil Kumble would have got 20 out of 20 wickets against this lineup in this pitch. Aus has bad batters. Ind bowling is not ruthless.

Matt Hayden would have got back to back double hundreds against this Indian bowling.

McGrath would have got 5frs every inning against these Indian batters.

If that's how it works. :afridi

I think we will need 250 run lead actually. Not that I think we will get it.

One good partnership will take it there. Tails are putting some runs as well. Need to always look out for runs and bad balls.

What's the score crapinfo is down for me :asif:

Ojha comes into the party now (soon we will see a certain sect of Non-OZ ppers to vanish from this thread)

Watto gone

Watson has pulled off a Hussey and made sure he will never get selected as captain ever again.

Lead needs to be 200+ and Aussies in with a chance

That's 160 runs between 6 wickets. Not too much to ask.

Watson, why he needs to play across the bat shots? He has gotten out few times due to same stupidity. He needs to learn from tail.

Last edited:
Back