India vs Australia | 4th Test | Delhi | 22/3/13 | Day 3

India will not be chasing more than 100 , Aussies need at least couple pof partnerships worth 40 - 50 runs

Watson has pulled off a Hussey and made sure he will never get selected as captain ever again.

Watch as he makes sure of it in the Indian innings by bowling MJ and Patto in tandem as they concede 6rpo.

Steve Smith, we need you to stand up right now. Some ROI on those millions we have paid you to do sweet stuff all for the past couple of years. He does look good against spin actually.

Cue Smith getting bowled probably lol

Matt Hayden would have got back to back double hundreds against this Indian bowling.

McGrath would have got 5frs every inning against these Indian batters.

If that's how it works. :afridi

Yeah no doubt. Quality has gone down on both sides :yk

I bet the aussies would be begging for some of our batsmen atm lol
Test Batsmen > t20 bits and peices players

Steve smith is still the key for OZs and we just can't let him score easily.

Need his wicket ASAP

These series have become beyond ridiculous both teams are great in certain conditions and poor in others, if this series was played in Aus it could have been 4-0 the other way both dominant teams have dramatically fallen in quality, especially Australia who are usually competitive every where. T20 to blame?

I bet the aussies would be begging for some of our batsmen atm lol
Test Batsmen > t20 bits and peices players

Yeah Kiwis totally pwned England today. Will be fun to watch England lose :asif

Watch as he makes sure of it in the Indian innings by bowling MJ and Patto in tandem as they concede 6rpo.

Steve Smith, we need you to stand up right now. Some ROI on those millions we have paid you to do sweet stuff all for the past couple of years. He does look good against spin actually.

Cue Smith getting bowled probably lol

Haha yeah. I could see what he was trying to do though. Take the attack to the bowlers. Came out with intent. Didn't work though.

Atleast you know Smith ain't going to gift his wicket here and will grind it out. He make another 50 here. Which will improve his already impressive batting average in Tests.

Another ridiculous appeal from India #whereisthatsookingguyfromyesterday?

i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

:))

Haha yeah. I could see what he was trying to do though. Take the attack to the bowlers. Came out with intent. Didn't work though.

Atleast you know Smith ain't going to gift his wicket here and will grind it out. He make another 50 here. Which will improve his already impressive batting average in Tests.

What Watto was trying to do was the right idea but it is stupid to play cross bat shots on this pitch where the bounce is variable. You can play those shots in OZ because the bounce is consistent, not here and not on this pitch.

lol this appealing is nothing compared to yesterday#iamnotthatsookingguy

Yeah that appeal went for ever. Usually I cringe even when our players do it. But even they dont go on for a full 10 seconds. Some of the close in fielders such as Wade and Warner looked like they had a mini nuclear meltdown in their brains. #iamnothatguyeither

You arent even a country, you rely on our military to defend you. Three blokes in a canoe could invade NZ. #hobbitshaveonegooddayandthinktheyaregoodatcricket
Must make it even more embarrassing when we thump you in the union, league and cricket :) #worldchamps

Last edited:
What Watto was trying to do was the right idea but it is stupid to play cross bat shots on this pitch where the bounce is variable. You can play those shots in OZ because the bounce is consistent, not here and not on this pitch.

The T20 effect.

Yeah that appeal went for ever. Usually I cringe even when our players do it. But even they dont go on for a full 10 seconds. Some of the close in fielders such as Wade and Warner looked like they had a mini nuclear meltdown in their brains. #iamnothatguyeither

Nobody has ever alleged Australian cricketers are smart....they just all yell because someone else is yelling :)

Current partnership 23 runs for the 6th wicket - could be match turning this one.

IMO, Smith is the most dangerous of the remaining batters

Good partnership building here. This pair needs to score another 40-50 runs and suddenly Indians will feel pressure.

Not that different from any other team I guess. I saw some guy appeal from midwicket :yk

In honesty our appealling is ridiculous a lot of the time. But I wont cop an Indian fan lecturing us about it, given the way the Indian team appeals.

5 mins to lunch

If Ojha bowls this over quickly then we may have one more over

Anyone aside from that guy want to defend that LBW appeal? #pitchedafootoutsideoffstumpandwouldhavenearlymissedthekeeper

Probably the last over before lunch break coming up

Lead is swelling gradually by each passing over

73 runs now

He does exists, yet to touch this thread :))

BTW, my earlier comment seems to be coming true (about certain Non-OZ ppers vanishing soon from this thread)

Oh yeah where are our "justice-seeking" friends. The thread is quiet when an Indian gets ripped off or maybe the odd comment about DRS. As soon as someone else geta bad one, this thread is teeming with activity.

Note: The aussie posters here though have been ok.

Last edited:
Week end. Morning err... Noon, I wake up. Aussie were at 66/5 on expected lines. 150 could be a stiff target here.

In tests I'd take Mccullum over the defensive captain whose scored 1 century in 3 years.

Nobody cares about New Zealand in cricket mate. This is a thread about India playing Australia in a Test match where something is happening every ball. #goplaywiththeonering

Oh yeah where are our "justice-seeking" friends. The thread is quiet when an Indian gets ripped off or maybe the odd comment about DRS. As soon as someone else geta bad one, this thread is teeming with activity.

Post lunch they will come again if this current partnership lingers on for a bit longer duration :))

BTW, this dig is not directed at OZ posters!

Wow! Jaddu bowls a quick over and still 2 mins for lunch that means one more to bowl before the break

Nobody cares about New Zealand in cricket mate. This is a thread about India playing Australia in a Test match where something is happening every ball. #goplaywiththeonering
Can't wait till the English thump you in the back to back ashes :)

Smith looks very natural against spin. Therefore we will pick him for England, where it will be shown he is no good against pace in a classic CA move. Sorry Gilly dont flame me.

79 runs lead at the stroke of lunch

36 runs partnership between smith and wade for 6th wicket

Another lame appeal, followed by lame wrong appeal #comeintothisthreadguyRAiswaiting!

Haha Indian sledging us as we walk off the field. Fair play boys.

Saurav your turn is up in the draft. You have 2 picks. :msd

89/5.match wide open

anything over 150 would be a damn tough chase

What a pathetic team, full of cowards, no grit and no guts whatsoever. I dont mind a team being in transition..... but cowards?

I'll let you guys carry on watching your 3 day "tests"

3 day India-Aus test with ball spitting like a cobra :tracerbullet is much better than Compton and Trott score 45 runs in 30 overs against Martin and another Martin

Back