India vs Australia | 4th Test | Delhi | 22/3/13 | Day 3

220 is the kind of target that would have given India a scare. This should be a breeze but they still got to be careful. India had a tendency to collapse in nearly test innings played so far, so you never know. I expect a six or seven wicket victory if nothing eventful (I mean a Lion hat trick or something) happens from here.

Why oh why are we bowling SuperMitch now? Here are some free runs India.

Watson...BOWL SIDDLE YOU SHOWPONY!

Watson missing a trick by leaving Siddle and Pattinson out of the attack for this long.

Superb batting from Pujara, 40 off 39 balls so far

@Tea - India are 72 for the loss of 1 wicket

83 more runs to win

And a third great ball from SuperMitch. On the bright side hopefully this means the end of him in the Australian team.

Insane captaincy from the Watto. Lets bowl our worst and most expensive quick on a turning track to two class batsmen, and leave our two best seamers in the outfield.

With 25 overs remaining, India will look to wrap this up today

Can't believe Australia have been unable to negotiate average bowlers like Ashwin (29 wickets at 20.10) and Jadeja (24 wickets @ 17.45) in this series. India have had much better spinners than them in the past.

4-0. Out batted. Out bowled. Out fielded. Out sledged.
Well done to India, you have got the cricket worlds attention again.

4-0. Out batted. Out bowled. Out fielded. Out sledged.
Well done to India, you have got the cricket worlds attention again.

India are deserving winners but I would take this series win with a grain of salt. These same spinners would struggle in South Africa, Australia and England

India are deserving winners but I would take this series win with a grain of salt. These same spinners would struggle in South Africa, Australia and England
Yeah, but after a couple tough few years this comprehensive win is really impressive. You also have a lot of young talented players coming through who are capable of filling the spots left behind by your legends. As for SA and England most teams today will struggle there.

Last edited:
Australia's batting has let them down badly in this series

A white wash is a great result nevertheless. Can't see too many sides that can white wash even this weakened Aussie team.

A white wash is a great result nevertheless. Can't see too many sides that can white wash even this weakened Aussie team.
SA in SA would be a massacre but SA would clean sweep most teams with England probably being the only team avoiding a whitewash.

Last edited:
Cannot believe I'm about to witness a series whitewash of Australia, and NZ on the verge of something special against England.

SA in SA would be a massacre but SA would clean sweep most teams with England probably being the only team avoiding a whitewash.

Australia can fight fire with fire in SA. They have the bowling ammunition. In India, they were found wanting in all departments.

I actually think we'd be competive in SA.

The only real positive of the tour from me was watching Pattinson on totally unhelpful wickets, still manage to be a threat. He is 22 years old. If we can keep him fit, watch out on a helpful wicket.

Pattinson is undoubtedly the best bowler in this line up... And to not bowl him first up is just criminal

It is an achievement for sure, something to cherish for the indian fans...

Pak whitewashed a much stronger English side in UAE last year but I expect England to beat us in England. That is just the nature of the sport these days

All I am saying is most of the present teams are strong ((This has always been true (apart from the all-conquering Windies and Aussies of the past) but is esp. so the case now)) at home. I still expect Australia to beat India in Australia

Last edited:

SA are not that good - they caught England at a time when all their bowlers were worn out and carrying injuries from six months' solid cricket.

Kallis will retire soon. The dynamic of the team will change because Steyn and Philander will have to bowl longer spells.

I am neither denying that the current OZ team that is playing in India is a weak one nor hyping up our spin talent (Ashwin/Ojha/Jaddu) to be of one of world's greatest, but still belittling their achievement every now and then by some Indian/Non-Indian fans on the hypothesis of them will be ineffective in foreign conditions(most use the example of against SA in SA, like a parrot) is sounding very much like a sour grapes to me.

I do agree this Indian team is nowhere near the ones that we had few years back in terms of batting talent or bowling talent but I would still expect them to do an admirable job wherever they travel compared to the guys who did the same in the last 2 years (A squad of Viru/Gauti/Out of Form Zak/Possibly retirement nearing Sachin). Many of the youngsters who are playing in our current squad had a very little overseas experience.

So my kind request to all the naysayers would be to wait till these guys gets an extended chance at the Intnl level in overseas conditions before judging them.

Last edited:
SA are not that good - they caught England at a time when all their bowlers were worn out and carrying injuries from six months' solid cricket.

Kallis will retire soon. The dynamic of the team will change because Steyn and Philander will have to bowl longer spells.

Why do England always find an excuse for all the defeats? What has happened to them in NZ? Oh now don't tell me they were tired after touring India.

avidlearner has a great point. We often forget how much inexperience we're carrying at the moment! Yes, Australia is weakened, but so is India. And to come back from the hammering we got from England is something to cheer about

:))

Warner, Hughes, Starc, Maxwell, Wade, Johnson, Watson have all been failures on this tour. Cant carry that many guys.

Australia doesn't have a single test player who averages in the 40s with the bat.

The Lyon gets Kohli, awww Virat doesnt get to enjoy the win. Suffer mate! And Pujara>>>>>you.

8 for Lyon, well done.

Would be fitting if the old guy hits the winning runs actually.

:sachin walks into the middle for the last time in India and maybe last time in his career :(

Must irk Kohli to know that Pujaras better than him, a bit like Messi and Ronaldo.

Lyon bossing Sachin here

Plz sachin no more embarrassments! Do announce ur retirement from Test cricket by this evening

9 Wickets for Lyon in this test so far :14:

In the midst of bagging my team, the captain, the coach, the selectors, CA and Gilly, I should congratulate India and the Indian crew in a whitewash. Last time in a four Test series we lost 4-0 was in 1970 I think. Its a young Indian team but credit to them, they have stepped up especially with the bat. Well done.

Ah the Lyon has 9 for the game, Tendy gone and perhaps so my sig. See ya little guy! Respect.

The cricket club talking about drs and sachins retirement he's apparently going to play in SA.

oh no i am not able to bear this.sachin gone.
Will not forgive lyon for that celebration.

Officially 11 overs to be bowled in 1 hour for the day's play

India can extend the play by 30 minutes if they are near the target.

Come on get it over with its just 30 runs to get from here cant bear this tuk tuk :misbah

That was a terrible shot from Rahane, just brainless. Needlessly puts his team under pressure.

Back