India vs West Indies | 3rd Test | Mumbai | 22-26 Nov 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of days play. :)

281-3

Sachin 67*
Laxman 32*

We trial by 309 runs..

And the two walk off. End of the day, light not good enough.

to my Indian brothers and sisters whish you and Sachin all the best for 100 hundred

I know how much it means to fans

sorry the match is too boring for words so will ley you carry on (in a nice way)

enjoy

to my Indian brothers and sisters whish you and Sachin all the best for 100 hundred

I know how much it means to fans

sorry the match is too boring for words so will ley you carry on (in a nice way)

enjoy

Thanks bud.

travesty of a picth..wonder if that no good hack bal will mention this as he falls over and gushes at srt's hundred tomorrow!!

india continue to produce these featherbeds..do they want to end the career of their bowlers quickly??

travesty of a picth..wonder if that no good hack bal will mention this as he falls over and gushes at srt's hundred tomorrow!!

India continue to produce these featherbeds..do they want to end the career of their bowlers quickly??

They wont even have careers if we continue to dish out such surfaces :facepalm:

@ ambi

Everyone will get a free laptops. :D
But free TV plan expired i guess.

images34.jpeg

6881_S_laptop-tamilnadu.jpg

Me watching the match in bcci.tv these days ( from office :D ) ).
Not bad IMO.

Plastri backs Harbhajan for Australia tour

Former India skipper Ravi Shastri has thrown his weight behind out-of-favour Harbhajan Singh, saying the off-spinner should be included in the team for the upcoming tour of Australia as he has the "ability to get under their skin".

Harbhajan has been off the selectors` radar after a stomach injury cut short his England tour during the second Test in Nottingham in July.

He, however, recovered to lead the Mumbai Indians to the Champions League Twenty20 title in October, but was still ignored for the West Indies series.

But Shastri feels that Harbhajan should definitely be on the plane to Australia.

"I will definitely call back Harbhajan. He`s smelt the coffee against Australia more than anybody else. If you look at his record against Australia, it`s better than anybody else," Shastri said.

Harbhajan has failed to impress the selectors in the ongoing Ranji trophy in which he has managed to scalp only two wickets in three matches for Punjab at an average of 102.

But Shastri, a former spinner himself, was quick to defend the offie.

"Yes, I agree he hasn`t set domestic cricket on fire, but how many spin bowlers do? Specially, on pitches that are good to bat and against players who are good against spin bowling.”

"If you look at scorecards that go around in the last month, its only batsmen getting runs and heaps of runs. Only fast bowlers have chipped in with wickets, but you don`t see any spinners there setting the world on fire.”

"But in spite of all that, I would pick him, because come Australia, he has the ability to get under their skin," Shastri said in an interview.

Recalling the infamous Sydney Test in 2008 when Harbhajan was in the middle of `Monkeygate` scandal, Shastri believed that incident turned things around for India.

"I think it`s a vastly experienced side. It (Sydney-gate) taught them a lot and you could see the turnaround in Indian cricket. It all adds up and it all goes to show that India came better off out of that incident, than Australia did."

Shastri, now working as a commentator, also felt that the absence of a spinner of Shane Warne`s caliber will be a disadvantage to the Australians.

He said the drubbing India received in England is history and Australian conditions will not be as hostile.

"That (England tour) is history, absolute history. The conditions are different from England in many ways. You won`t get that kind of lateral movement that you got in England. In England you got swing as well as seam.”

"Seam can trouble the Indians, but on Australian tracks which are hard and (with) the sun beating down, there might be seam movement for a session or so, but if you can see that through the ball comes on to the bat and we`ve got a middle order that likes the ball coming on to the bat."

Plastri backs Harbhajan for Australia tour

Former India skipper Ravi Shastri has thrown his weight behind out-of-favour Harbhajan Singh, saying the off-spinner should be included in the team for the upcoming tour of Australia as he has the "ability to get under their skin".

But Shastri feels that Harbhajan should definitely be on the plane to Australia.

"I will definitely call back Harbhajan. He`s smelt the coffee against Australia more than anybody else. If you look at his record against Australia, it`s better than anybody else," Shastri said.

Shastri is not aware of what he is talking. :facepalm:

"If you look at scorecards that go around in the last month, its only batsmen getting runs and heaps of runs. Only fast bowlers have chipped in with wickets, but you don`t see any spinners there setting the world on fire.”

Fast bowlers picking wickets in Ranji sounds strange to me . :23:

Would be a backwards step for India to select harbi again. Maybe he could go in the sqaud as a reserve batsmen. Hes a pie floater and always has been and would be cannon fodder in Australia.

From Cricinfo

9am Two days and 22 years to the day he scored his first international score of fifty of more, Sachin Tendulkar needs 33 runs to get to his 100th international hundred. Last evening, Mumbai Cricket Association sent out a circular stating the Wankhede Stadium has been sold out. This is the ground where he began playing serious cricket. This is the ground where he, as an 18-year-old, and his captain fell three short of winning a Ranji Trophy final, after which his captain sobbed like a kid. This is the ground where he won the World Cup and was carried on the shoulders by the rest of the team. I don't say he would have daydreamt at this ground because his early debut would have hardly given him idle time to daydream. Will he get to his 100th international hundred (the next best is 69) here?

Gavaskar did a pumped up video for Neo Sports as well. Got me all excited and senti :D :sachin

SACHIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sachin should get his hundred today, as long as he can keep his nerves in check in the 90s he should be okay. Congrats to Indian ppers before hand if he achieves it.

Sachin should get his hundred today, as long as he can keep his nerves in check in the 90s he should be okay. Congrats to Indian ppers before hand if he achieves it.

I appreciate your gesture :afridi

People should raise their standard for this, it's just not an Indian thing. It's a significant moment for the game itself.

Laxman gone first ball :out

God damn it, what was that Laxman ?

Love to see the stadium ambiance. This is what used to be in 90s in India. Unfortunately not in place for that last 5 years or so.

Loose shot, very very loose. Didn't expect it from VVS.

New ball does the magic.,

Fiddie vs Kohli again ! :D

He absolutely owned Kohli in West Indies test series

Wow...it's gonna be a draw.

WI still have a chance to win , who knows but India is well and truely out of it. The only thing left for us in this game is a Tendulkar hundred now.

Like the buzz around the ground. Thanks to Sachin, we have a good crowd today :) Great atmosphere

Kohli getting an opportunity on one of the most flattest tracks even in India. He should make sure he plays a long and good innings. He's taking the place of Rohit Sharma, the guy in my avatar pic...:facepalm:

Kohli getting an opportunity on one of the most flattest tracks even in India. He should make sure he plays a long and good innings. He's taking the place of Rohit Sharma, the guy in my avatar pic...:facepalm:

Coming in at a tough situation though, not going to be easy for him to get the first 20 runs. Real test for him and i think for us the best thing. The least i wanted was Kohli scoring a meaningless 50 coming in the middle of a session when the ball is old. Now we will see how good he is.

13 off the first 2 overs, looks like we will have an exciting first hour here. Runs flowing and wicket taking opportunities for bowlers as well.

Coming in at a tough situation though, not going to be easy for him to get the first 20 runs. Real test for him and i think for us the best thing. The least i wanted was Kohli scoring a meaningless 50 coming in the middle of a session when the ball is old. Now we will see how good he is.

yes. That's a respite, a blessing in disguise tbh.

Killer bouncer, played well there

Raina you watching son?

WHAT THE HELL !!!!

Goodness me, got me all pumped up. Cracking :six to Edwards

Second six against Fiddie Edwards by Sachin. Fast? No problem sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back