IPL | Punjab v Kolkata | Punjab | 3/5/08

Mohsin

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Yuvraj calls correctly and will have a bat, on a good looking batting strip. Gul will have a chance to get some early wickets!

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Yuvraj calls correctly and will have a bat, on a good looking batting strip. Gul will have a chance to get some early wickets!

I think Gul and Sharma must open the bowling...so far they have been opening with Dinda n Ishant

Here are the teams:

Kings XI Punjab team
SE Marsh, JR Hopes, KC Sangakkara, Yuvraj Singh, DPMD Jayawardene, K Goel, IK Pathan, PP Chawla, S Sreesanth, VRV Singh, Gagandeep Singh

Kolkata Knight Riders team
SC Ganguly, Mohammad Hafeez, WP Saha, BJ Hodge, DJ Hussey, DB Das, LR Shukla, AB Agarkar, Umar Gul, I Sharma, AB Dinda

Hafeez replacing Butt............................interesting :|

Lambu said:
I think Gul and Sharma must open the bowling...so far they have been opening with Dinda n Ishant

True, but i think you also have to take into account Gul's excellent ability to pull things in, during the middle overs. Especially today when you have the likes of Sangakara and Yuvraj batting, they can be explosive in the middle overs:)

5 off the first Sharma over, and to bowl the 2nd over will be............................Agarkar. Been pretty successful thus far with the ball

Solid start from Punjab so far

Kings XI Punjab 23/0 (3.0/20 ov)
Hopes looks good after initial discomfort

Dinda to replace Agarkar for the 4th over

Last edited:
And Dinda with the breakthrough!!

3.5 Dinda to Hopes, OUT, and he's gone, attempting another big shot over midwicket but the ball gains on him from a length and skies up into the evening for Hodge to run to his right from mid-on and hold it
JR Hopes c Hodge b Dinda 18 (12b 4x4 0x6) SR: 150.00

It looks like fielding has really picked up today, i'm not just talking about the good fielders like gibbs.. even usually mediocre ones like Bangar, Jaffer, RP Singh are throwing themselves around... with their eyes on the ball for a change.

7 overs gone and not a single delivery bowled by kolkotta's best bowler!!

Mercenary said:
7 overs gone and not a single delivery bowled by kolkotta's best bowler!!

I hope its nothing to do with the interview he gave :13:

Indiafan said:
I hope its nothing to do with the interview he gave :13:

I was wondering the same thing, maybe he's punishing Gul.

Either that or he's following Laxman's policy of using a Pakistani bowler in shock and awe tactics. Laxman bowls Afridi in one over spells and Ganguly will bowl Gul 4 in a row at the death!!

Mercenary said:
I was wondering the same thing, maybe he's punishing Gul.

Either that or he's following Laxman's policy of using a Pakistani bowler in shock and awe tactics. Laxman bowls Afridi in one over spells and Ganguly will bowl Gul 4 in a row at the death!!

Even one over by Gul cna make a difference in such scenarios and can get a top oveer batsman out too. Cant understand Ganguly's tactics.

Hafeez you beauty. created the pressure in last over and next over Hussey takes a wicket

Extremely risky for a bowler to bowl all 4 at the end and especially if hes probably the best bowler in the team it would make sense to bowl at least 1 earlier

16.3 Umar Gul to Sangakkara, FOUR, dropped! Another slice of luck for Sangakkara, who pulls in the air down to long-on, where the fielder runs across, dives forward, but misses completely to allow four as well ... would have been a stunner but he mistimed his dive

Great spell by Gul

The dropped catch was not hard or a stunner. not that low (knee high) and should have been caught

Kings XI Punjab 150/5 - IK Pathan 23* KC Sangakkara 24*

2 overs left...

Gul to bowl his last over of his spell....

Gul bowling full which is good to see at the death!

Very good yorker to pathan. Almost had him!

Indiafan said:
So, did he hug Gul afterwards?

Well accroding to the CricInfo they sure did!

See, Ganguly and Gul are friends. Look at them hugging and whooping it up. Ganguly waited a long time to call on Gul but its works a charm. Kolkata are on top. Irfan Pathan is the new batsman. He pulls out at the last second as someone runs across the sight screen.

12.1 Umar Gul to Jayawardene, OUT, and he wastes no time! Begins with a short one which gains on Jayawardene, cramped going for the pull shot, getting the toe end of the bat on it and it balloons straight to Ganguly at midwicket

Chawla smoking Ishant here 3 fours in the over...!

Why is Sanga keeping?

He needed a runner and retired hurt when batting but now he's diving and jumping like a spring chicken!

Hafeez to face Sreesanth and the boy with the golden cup places the ball beautifully to take a single and setup 4 wides for Ganguly

Mixup. Saurav looked like he was going to take Hafeez's head off.

I smell a runout, both the Kolkata openers are very bad runners.

My money is on Ganguly to run out Hafeez.

wow great shot by Hafeez

Down the track to Pathan like he was a medium pacer. Oh I forgot he is a mediium pacer.

I think both might be bargaining with each other for a run

Hafeez hoicks for a six

boundary ropes are regular size today (75 meters) . hmmmm only 2 sixes in first innings

isn't it the same Hodge who had a terrible time in T20 WC and in the ODI series against India followed?

dinakar said:
isn't it the same Hodge who had a terrible time in T20 WC and in the ODI series against India followed?
yes but he does well English T20 :19:

sharukh u made loads of money from KOLKATTA KNIGHT RIDERS.but sorry ur teams is quiet ***** if we see it in cricket skills.bowling is good.but who will bat.hafeez,butt sahab are flops in international 20/20's.dada is having a tough time in 20/20 as well.
hodge can only tear apart county bowlers..hussey is a good nudger.needs some more fire power.very poor team selection in deed

hurry up take two more wickets then we can see Hussey and Gullu batting together
45-4 after 9 overs
Hafeez still the highest scorer :125:

Hussey passed Hafeez but Aamir "emphasize 3 words in a sentence" Sohail is on now :)

What a brilliant partnership this is, consolidate with 1's and 2's till the target looks almost out of reach... and then suddenly accelerate and open up the game. Still a very difficult ask!

Theyre putting up a fight a least. Those 21 off the last over by Chawla could be key.

Hussey making a game of it, but surely not.....

45 needed from 14 balls

Pathan with a great header there, instead of cathing the ball.

37 from 2 overs needed.

Huge six.. this one was actually big at 91 meters. Hussey is keeping pace.

Back