Quetta Gladiators (188/5) beat Lahore Qalandars (187/7) by 5 wickets in Match 4 of PSL 9

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Lahore Qalandars (LAH) will be against the Quetta Gladiators (QUE) in the fourth game of this season. The match will be played at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore at 7:00 PM PST. This fantasy guide will help you in picking a top notch fantasy team to help you win big in this game.

Lahore Qalandars had a disappointing start to their campaign as they lost their first game by 8 wickets against Islamabad United. Their batters did a great job but the bowlers were taken to the cleaners and they'll have to rectify that in this game. Sikandar Raza's return should strengthen their squad in this match.

Quetta Gladiators, meanwhile, won their first game by 16 runs against Peshawar Zalmi. The batters had a day out with Jason Roy & Saud Shakeel scoring brilliant fifties. Bowlers then held their nerve and defended 206 runs. Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Wasim did a great job towards the end of the innings.

Pitch Report​

The pitch will be an excellent one for batting with the ball coming onto the bat nicely. There will be good help for the pacers with the new ball and the spinners will also get some purchase as the game progresses. Overall, the game will be dominated by the batters as we've seen in the last couple of games.

So in your opinion will win the match today.

I think Quetta will win this win too. If the run machine Haris Rauf plays for LQ.

LQ need to be bold and make some tough decisions

They need to bring Muhammad Imran in instead of Harris Rauf

I’m shocked at how they have no decent spinner.

My prediction for today's match is that Quetta will win because Lahore Qalandars look toothless without Rashid Khan.

Last edited:
Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators, 4th Match

Lahore Qalandars have won the toss and decided to Bat first.

Quetta Gladiators (Playing XI): Jason Roy, Saud Shakeel, Khawaja Nafay, Rilee Rossouw(c), Sarfaraz Ahmed(w), Sherfane Rutherford, Akeal Hosein, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Amir, Abrar Ahmed

Lahore Qalandars (Playing XI): Sahibzada Farhan(w), Fakhar Zaman, Rassie van der Dussen, Abdullah Shafique, Sikandar Raza, Salman Fayyaz, Carlos Brathwaite, Jahandad Khan, Shaheen Afridi(c), Haris Rauf, Zaman Khan

Fakhar Zaman what a disaster, dropped on the first ball by a catch that would be taken 9 times out of 10.
Jumping down the track to Amir and completely missing the ball.
Lashing at a wide ball by Amir, ball falls a few metres short of deep point.
Then gone for 6 off 9 balls by jumping down the track and hitting it straight to mid on.

Akeal Hosein strikes

Fakhar Zaman departs. What a crucial breakthrough for the Quetta Gladiators

Akeal Hosein strikes

Fakhar Zaman departs. What a crucial breakthrough for the Quetta Gladiators
The wicket of Fakhar Zaman was taken by Akeal Hosein, but it was actually orchestrated by Mohammad Amir in the previous over.

Quetta bowling attack is quite spicy. Inexperienced but there's potential for it to be the best in PSL.

Might have enough batting too. Early days but Quetta looks very strong team too and possibly the 2nd best after IU.

It looks like a good supporting wicket. I think 170+ would be a good total to defend

Abrar only hope in spin department for pakistan. Btw who's got Arafat minfas that kid is a real all rounder

Farhan dropped off on an easy catch.

The fielding standards are unfortunately poor as usual.

Abdullah has some nice natural power. For someone like Babar, you can tell it doesn't come natural but Abdullah does have it in his arsenal. Strike rotation needs work though.

Quetta have this in check. They need Sahibzada who is looking very threatening to be back in the hut

Really well bowled by Abrar once again so far

Back to back sixes for Farhan. That dropped catch is going to prove costly.

Abdullah was perfect at No. 3; I don't know why they are over experimenting. RVD can play at 4 easily; he played international cricket for SA. There are just some really bizarre decisions. ABD doesn't fit at No. 4.

The thing is he is too good for PSL, same for Shadab but cometh the internationals and their downfall start.
38 wickets in 6 international games. Not sure what you are trying to imply.
And Abrar is a red ball bowler he understandably has better control than T20 merchants.
Even Nauman Ali would have performed better than likes of shadab and Mir in World Cup 23

Abdullah has some nice natural power. For someone like Babar, you can tell it doesn't come natural but Abdullah does have it in his arsenal. Strike rotation needs work though.
Agreed. He needs to back himself which unfortunately he doesn't.

Successful review for the Gladiators.

Aleem Dar had to convert his decision and Abdullah Shafique departs

20240219_201502.jpg

I guess Jahandad can hit spinners? Abrar seems shocked lol.

You always see this sorta random stuff in PSL and it's great. That's how players develop by getting chances to showcase their skills they otherwise wouldn't get. You hardly ever see Abrar get smashed like this even in domestic T20's.

I guess Jahandad can hit spinners? Abrar seems shocked lol.

You always see this sorta random stuff in PSL and it's great. That's how players develop by getting chances to showcase their skills they otherwise wouldn't get. You hardly ever see Abrar get smashed like this even in domestic T20's.
you have to give it to LQ they do bring these random players to the spotlight

What an expensive over and in next over Amir planned everything so well but Akeal Hosein dropped Jahandad catch

Any prediction if Braithwaite will score more than 15?

My prediction is no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jahandad has done power but honestly, Abrar is a little overrated by some fans .

He wouldn't have been a significant improvement over Shadab or Usama at the World Cup.

Jahandad has done power but honestly, Abrar is a little overrated by some fans .

He wouldn't have been a significant improvement over Shadab or Usama at the World Cup.

Those bowlers bowled like 4 half trackers per over during the WC. Almost anyone would have been an improvement and one thing Abrar gives you is control which was desperately needed. With Rauf/Shadab/Usama, you had too many players bowling wayward and costing a lot of runs as a result.

Very poor bowling by Husnain. I remember he used to bowl real good yorkers. Looks like he forgot how to bowl them.

What an innings from Jahandad. Clearly has taken the bowlers by surprise and showing off some huge power.

I can't even recall if he did anything note worthy batting wise during the T20 cup but look at this. Amazing stuff from him.

Those bowlers bowled like 4 half trackers per over during the WC. Almost anyone would have been an improvement and one thing Abrar gives you is control which was desperately needed. With Rauf/Shadab/Usama, you had too many players bowling wayward and costing a lot of runs as a result.

Maybe but I honestly don't see much wicket-taking threat.

Shaheen cannot hit Amir. He should have taken a single and given the strike to Jahanbad.

Jahandad is a lad to look out for. he looks like a promising all rounder

I think Lahore got around 120 runs from last 10 overs and most of it was on the backs of Jahandad. Heck of an innings there and Pakistan are so desperate for pace allrounders and he's firmly put himself on the radar now.

Back